Chapter 18: ambushed
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Far north, a city stands tall despite the never-ending winter. A figure can be seen walking into a concrete box.

"Hey Eula, find us an arms dealer at this god-forsaken place." 

"Miss Kyla I'm pretty sure you don't believe in God.

Hearing what Eula said, Kyla crossed her arms and pouted her face 

"A spiritual god, yes, I don't believe in that, but the god of dolls or the dolls of destruction, yes, I believe that if they are equipped with good technology, whether it be for destruction or bringing life to the land, they alone can cause a massive change on their surroundings."

Kyla stood proud as Eula moved away seconds ago to ignore what Kyla was saying.

Eula went around a group of thugs that have pistols on their waists. Eula then turned a gear on her right arm, which generated a small bubble, completely stopping time inside the generated bubbles.

"Information terminal, here we go." 

Eula carefully searched every thug in that group for their information terminal, looking for information on where they bought their pistols.

"Ahh ha, there you are."

Eula simply touches the thug information terminal that is located on his shoulder and walks away, disabling the time bubble.

"Miss Kyla "I have the location of the buyer." 

Eula tried to talk to Kyla, but Kyla has already drank whiskey from an antique bottle from a small pouch in her coat.

"Drinking again, Miss Kyla?" 

Eula then drags Kyla outside, where cold winds hit her and she immediately became sober because of the imminent danger ahead of her.

"If you want to drink later when we're going to sleep, let us go now to this arms dealer for some ammunition and possibly information."

"Hicc" 

Kyla let out a cute hiccup while holding a bottle of antique whiskey in her hand.

The two then venture deep inside the city of Neverwinter.

Meanwhile, the crew if Kyle is on a comfy can is headed north towards the city of sewers to find her sister.

"Hey Kyle, don't you think your sister is a host?" "If you know how that city works, you at least need a soldier doll for protection." 

Lisa spoke as she tried to hug Lea.

"Maybe she's already a host of some terrifying dolls, I mean. Back when she was in high school, I saw her fight a robot that is made to neutralize human targets.

Out of nowhere, a gunshot is heard, and Aila, who's driving the van, does a sharp turn to the left to avoid a bullet that is heading their way.

The bullet went through the van, creating an entry hole for the bullet and an exit hole. None of the dolls inside the van were hurt or wounded.

"Take the wheels, Kyle." "I'll take that sniper out." 

Aila pulls out her bold action rifle and lets Kyle comtrol the van.

Bang,bang 

Aila fired two bullets to the location of the sniper and instantly killed him.

"Braced!" 

Kyle shouted as the van drove into the small ruins of old world buildings.

The van hits a brick wall and another gunshot is heard, and this time Lea was hit by the bullet, sending electric shocks into her body. As soon as Lea collapses, a stun grenade is dropped inside the van, knocking all of them out.

--------------

The whole crew is being dragged away separately from one another. Aila, who slowly recovers from the stun, retaliates against the person who's dragging her and manages to fight back and knock out the person who dragged her.

Meanwhile, the others dragged Kyle away and went in different directions.

Underground, a metal door surrounded by concrete is where the dolls are placed, except for Aila, who manages to escape, and for Kyle, who's been put into a different room with a woman in wasteland armor and a hood to hide her face.

"Fuck my head hurts."

Kyle complains as he notices that he is on bed with a fresh bandage on her heads and the wounds he gained from the van crash.

"Don't worry, my love, you are safe."

The woman in front of him whispers to his ears as she changes the bandage that has soaked up blood from Kyle's arm.

Aila sneakily infiltrated the underground base, knocking out guards as she went deep into the location of Kyle.

"Who are you?" 

Kyle shouted 

"Hmmm, how dare you forget your own wife?" 

picks up a knife and points it at Kyle.

Aila and Kyle arrive at the prison where Kyle is locked up along with the mysterious woman.

"Wife? "Since when did I get married?" 

The woman stopped moving, and soon tears and sobbing were heard in the room coming from the mysterious woman.

"Hey, why are you crying?" 

Kyle asked 

The woman hugged Kyle tight and placed her lips on his, and the two kissed while Aila was enjoying the show.

Kyle, sensing a familiar feeling, pulled away from the woman and started to move away from the mysterious woman.

"Your dead. I saw you die. I buried you. We held a funeral for you." 

Aila is focusing on what Kyle is saying as she keeps hiding behind the metal door, seeing what's happening inside the room because of a security camera that she hacked.

The woman removes her hood, revealing a beautiful face and long red hair that is tied behind her.

"No, your dead, your dead."

Kyle panics as he witnesses the face of her dead wife, who should have died a few years ago in a rouge doll attack.

Aila casually enters the room and looks at the two couples. Seeing how Kyla entered, Kyle's wife immediately pulls out a pistol from her hips and points it towards Aila.

"Back off, woman, he's mine." 

She holds him so tight that Kyle is starting to choke, and when she noticed it, Aila moved towards her and hit her behind the head, causing her to collapse to the floor.

"Kyle, are you okay?"

A sound wave hit all the people underground, causing a loud ting, the same sound you hear when you are in the vicinity of a flash grenade.

Kyle immediately closed her ears while Aila started yelling something, the same with the woman on the floor. Both of them started yelling something, and soon the sound stopped and both got up.

"Mother fucker" 

Aila pulled out her pistol and shot the woman, but the woman moved faster than the bullet and stopped the gun from firing by crushing the pistol barrel, causing the pistol to explode in the hands of Aila.

"You're a doll, are you?" 

Aila starts to ask questions.

"I don't know; all I know is that this man is my husband." 

then the woman grabbed the knife and swung it to Aila's neck.

"Stop it, please, Alisa."

The woman stopped as the blade almost reached Aila's neck.

"Yes, my love," 

Alisa moved closer to Kyle and began to hug him again.

"His is mine. Stay away from him." 

Alisa showed dominance as she hugged Kyle.

"A special doll that has taken the memories of the fallen" 

Lisa spoke as she entered the room where the three people were placed.

"Kinda a rare case but not impossible." 

Lisa clicked something on her information terminal, searching for a name. Alisa on the screen shows complete information about Alisa; it indicates how she died, her age, name, birthday, and spouse.

"She is really Kyle's wife, but how in the world did this doll manage to get the real Alisa's memory?" 

"And they have a dau-." 

Lisa is about to say something important but is interrupted by a team of fully armed soldiers at the entrance of the room.

"Hands up and weapons down." 

A soldier with old-world gear spoke and threatened to shoot if they wouldn't comply.

Alisa seeing how the armed soldier enters her abode uninvited, she immediately moves in front of the soldier and quickly smiles. With a hidden knife on her wrist, she cuts down the throat of the fully armed soldier and quickly did the same thing to the soldier behind the first one. With no time to react, every single soldier that entered the room fell to the floor bleeding out.

"No one hurts my husband only me can hurt him." 

She then retracted the knife from her hands and into a hidden compartment on her wrist.

"Let's get out of here before more shows up" 

Said by Aila who's picking up the rifles from the dead soldier 

0