Chapter 1 Let Luck Come to You
100 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"May good fortune come to you."

 The butler stood up and bowed his head politely. I too lift my waist slightly off the stool, pinch the edge of my dress, and bow my head modestly.

"Is it okay if I take a break from this place for a little longer?"

 After a few seconds, just like the book, I wake up and ask the butler in front of me.

"This garden is so wonderful. May I pause and take a look at it and then go home?"

 The elderly butler frowned slightly.

 Although the color of the feather floated in the depths of his eyes, he was indeed the butler of an upper class aristocrat. The emotion soon faded, and he smiled slowly.

"Please take your time and enjoy yourself."

 The butler bowed his head deeply again and left the pavilion.

 When I see his back disappearing into the alley that leads to the mansion's balcony, I let out a big sigh and climb onto the bench, leaning back.

 It's the fifth time.

 It's the fifth time I've been turned down as a guardian.

 Until the second time, I was depressed, resentful, and worried, but now, when the butler showed signs of refusal, I wanted to give him a nod.

 That butler turned me down, saying, "I have an important guest today," and took me to the garden, but if you are willing to formally hire me, go for that "I want to introduce you to an important guest." , definitely.

 I feel that I was even refused entry to the mansion.

 I lifted my long skirt and crossed my legs, stretching my back and looking up at the ceiling.

 Suddenly, when I thought something was obstructing my view, it was a hat.

 A small hat on top of my head that I am sorry.

 The brim was short, and it was simply a decorative hat, not a parasol hat with lots of lace and artificial flowers.

 My sister made me wear it, so I had no choice but to put it on my head, but it is really in the way. Pick it up casually and throw it on the bench.

Feeling relieved at last, I looked up again.

 The ceiling of this pavilion is covered with wisteria vines instead of boards. I could see the flickering sunlight falling like sand between the beautiful leaves of the wisteria. I think it looks like stardust.

 It is said that the beginning of summer in Luctonia is so beautiful that it is written into songs in various countries.

 Certainly, I find it wonderful to see the sunlight shining through the dry, dehumidified air.

 The garden of this house is also a popular "natural style" recently, and it was a garden that mimicked nature as much as possible without human intervention.

 A pond and a small wooden bridge can be seen in the distance. It could be a water wheel that is slowly turning.

 It is as if the scenery of a village somewhere has been cut out in miniature size. Heather and lavender bushes cover the brick artifacts here and there. In this country, it can be expressed as 'full of wild taste'.

 I rested my chin on my crossed legs and looked vacantly at the rose bush.

 If possible, I wanted to relax and enjoy the scenery like this after I was officially hired as a private tutor in this mansion.

 He looked at the handbag placed on the edge of the bench.

 Inside were three more letters of introduction written by my sister.

 Should I think there are three more, or should I think there are only three more?

 I sigh again.

 A light breeze blew into the pavilion and caressed my cheeks. A good herbal perfume floats with the wind.

 I squeezed my eyes shut and looked into the distance to see two men who looked like gardeners pruning an herb bush.

 Even if you say "imitate nature," you probably mean you can't leave it planted.

 ......Desist from being a tutor and become a gardener.

 I inadvertently smile wryly at that thought.

 I thought I was an optimistic person, but I think I have begun to realize the gravity of the situation....

 It's too late to say that I realized that no place would hire a 16-year-old woman.

 First of all, the beginning was the destruction of the house by the death of the father.

 My father had five children, including me, but all were women.

 When my younger sister was born, my mother lamented that she was a woman again.

This depression may not be the cause, but my mother passed away shortly after giving birth to my younger sister.

 I am the fourth of five sisters, and by the time I reached the double digits of my age, all my older sisters had married into other families.

 My father tried to get me or my sister to take over the family, but this wish did not come true and he died of the epidemic six months ago.

 In this country only men can continue to head a family, so families with only women must ask the king in advance to let a female child succeed to the head of the family.

 My father's death was sudden, and my father did not apply because he believed that his son-in-law would be the successor to the family. After my father's funeral, a messenger immediately arrived from the royal family, and was informed that the nobility was abandoned and my sister and I could only use our surnames.

 Fortunately, or better.

 Unlike me, my sister looked a lot like my sisters.

 In other words, my sisters and sisters resembled my mother.

 In other words, she possessed the appearance of the class that is said to be the "beauty" class of women in this country.

 Our sisters' parents were noblemen who fled from Karlsruhe to the other side of the sea. After their exile, they met their mother in this country, married and had a son.

 My father was recognized by the king for his talent and honor as a warrior, and was allowed to call himself 'baron' in this country.

 I, or rather

 For some reason, I was the only one who looked very much like my father.

 Long limbs, black hair or high nasal bridge.

 We will....... In this country, so called, she had an appearance that was the exact opposite of a 'beautiful woman'.

 After my father died, my older sister immediately sprang into action, and my younger sister and I were the first to look for a marriage partner.

 ...... My sister was easily decided.

 It was decided that I would marry a 20-year-old man from the same house as the Baron, and I quickly married him.

 ...I am the one who can't decide.

 Not only the older sister, but the other two sisters also began to get impatient, and tried everything to find a place for me to marry, but nothing worked out.

 e.

 I gave up on marriage for a while and decided to look for a job.

 My father's mother tongue, Karlsruhe, is the most fluent of the sisters.

 This country has exchanges with Karlsruhe through trade and culture. Even among the nobles, there are many families that teach their children as an education.

 So I decided to make a living as a private tutor.

"Was it sweet?"

 Try muttering out loud.

 I thought that appearance didn't matter if I was a tutor.

 Instead, I thought that if it was a foreign language teaching, it would be preferable to be taught by someone with the appearance of a Karlsruhe native.

"Maybe it was a misunderstanding."

 Suspirei novamente e me levantei com impulso.

  Ela chutou os azulejos do pavilhão e fez um som agradável.

 De alguma forma, o som me faz sentir um pouco melhor.

 Não posso deixar de me preocupar.

 Encontre o seu próximo emprego.

 Foi o que pensei, enquanto pegava minha bolsa e meu chapéu do banco.

 As rosas na minha frente tremeram como se um vento forte tivesse soprado.

 Surpreso, virei meu corpo inteiro para a cerca viva.

 As rosas, que tinham acabado de brotar, balançaram como se tivessem vontade própria e de repente se dividiram para a esquerda e para a direita.

 Dividir esquerda e direita.

 Uma menina saiu dela.

3