RM Vol 3: For a World without Boundary – Chapter 45-4: Osprey down! (Part 4)
409 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am back boys! Sorry for the delay though. For those who didn't know, I had to bring my mom for a health checkup. Other than that...

Truthfully, my mental state is taking a hit right now. I've come to realize that my grip on reality is losing ever so often, and the intensity of it is increasing. I've been trying to keep track of my mentality for a couple of years now and tried to keep it in check too. Sometimes, I wake up and see myself not as a person, but as another NPC or something along that line.

It's a bit hard to describe, but you can imagine that I've been on autopilot most of the time, treating myself as another self-destructive machine. Yeah... That's not a healthy mental state, and the thing is, I can't vent it.

Anyway, that's just a tidbit about myself. Honestly, I am not sure why I even told you guys about this. Just thought that it's the right time to do so, you know.

New chapter is up, and new pictures are up. I hope you all enjoy! And please, do chat with me whenever you can :D

While I can't quite reply in the middle of chores or writing, I surely can still read! Thank you for your continuing support, and here's to another wonderful month!

When you are about to be assaulted by multiple hostiles, it's always a good idea to pick a defensible location. Preferably, the location should have high ground, good covers, and places where you can funnel your targets in to create a killing field. That said, when your surrounding is a mostly flattened clearing with a garage and your own aircraft as the strongest covers around, it doesn't hurt to prepare some traps in between you, and your enemies.

C-4 or Composition C-4 is a variety of plastic explosives that has been renovating how the infantry body of the Belkan Reich performs their tasks. C-4 has a texture similar to modeling clay and can be molded into any desired shape. It is relatively insensitive and can be detonated only by the shock wave from a detonator or blasting cap. These attributes make C-4 very easy to use while being very safe to handle. It cannot be detonated by a gunshot or by dropping it onto a hard surface. It does not explode when set on fire or exposed to microwaves. And due to its malleable nature, you can deploy C-4 everywhere you need without much of a worry. Placing them down in a makeshift explosive trench has never been easy for a field operative. Still, when you only have a few C-4 blocks on hand, finding ways to enhance their lethality is always a great idea.

In a bind, simple things that you can pull from a roadside garage like spark plugs, bolts, nails, and fuel cans will do wonders. You just need to place them inside the explosive pit or around them, and the shockwave will take care of the rest. If the blast and fragments aren't enough to kill your enemy, it sure as Hell would make them stumble just long enough for you to either finish them off or run away.

"That's the last of them." Gordy said as she buried the last of the C-4 charges before dropping a fuel can on top of it.

Dusting her hands before grabbing the rifle she has laid by her side, Gordy pulls out her rangefinder and surveys the area ahead of her. Primarily, she looks for the three roads that lead to their crash sites, already knowing that the area behind them is clear, for now. It isn't much of a surprise for her when approximately five minutes have passed and the roads are teeming with demons and zombies. Granted, the numbers aren't as infinite as before things went South but the four of them don't have access to a wealth of firepower right now. Touching her radio, Gordy says. "Alright gentlemen, the game's about to start. I hope you said your prayers because we won't have much free time."

"This is Carl, all set here. Got a nice view over you all."

"This is Albrecht," The report is punctuated by the chambering of the HMG-14.5. "Ready to lay down the heat."

"Randall here, all good on my end. Better get your ass back here, Gordy."

"Wilco." Gordy said before she crouched running back to the crash site. There, Randall has worked to raise some makeshift barricades between them and the explosive traps. It's not much, but it's something to compliment their body armor at least. When Gordy gets to the line, she sees Randall already bracing his G1 rifle, aiming behind her warily. With a slide, Gordy gets to a spare cover of her own, mirroring Randall's action. Coincidentally, the Pathfinder duo is fielding Para-G1 with optical sights and suppressors, not the dedicated marksman rifle PSG1 army snipers use.

By the time Gordy is done setting up in her fighting position, the wandering mass of demons and zombies have started taking affront to the downed Osprey. The lumbering demons like Chariots and smaller, low-flying Archangels move toward their position from three directions at their front. While walking behind the mass with deliberate gaits are the zombies. More intelligent than their demonic counterparts, the zombies let the demons be their meatshield to test out the water. Unlike the prior encirclement of Auschwitz's castle, they have all the time in the world to deal with this insignificant threat.

If only they understand just how wrong they are.

"Here they come, boys. Full-auto only when you have to. Otherwise, pick your shots wisely. We blow up the traps when either Randall or I give the word. Albrecht and Carl, you engage at will but prioritize flanking elements, HVT, or clusters of units." Gordy said, earning a quiet chorus of acknowledgment from the guys. Gordy places her finger on the trigger, picking her target among the approaching pack of white and pink. Having found her next kill, a demon that is classified as a Knight with a claymore and a demonic horse, Gordy passes out the order. "Fire at will."

Barely half a second passed after the words were given when an 8mm projectile was fired by a squeeze of the trigger by Gordy. Though the suppressor muffled out the sound, it could not stop the supersonic crack of the bullet itself. Almost immediately, the bullet penetrates cleanly through the helmeted head of the Knight. Now Gordy doesn't ask too many questions about demonic biology but when she sees the claymore dropped and the horse just plowed into the ground, she can confirm that her target is hopelessly dead. Gordy would have smirked if not for the fact there were still more targets to pick off. Randall already had a headstart over her when he dropped a Chariot and an Archangel, Gordy sure as Hell won't let that slide.

Currently, only Gordy and Randall have engaged the mob, and Albrecht and Carl choose wisely to not commit their firepower just yet. They have limited ammo so the best bet to drag this out and cause as much damage as they can is to exert pressure when the others can't.

"Reloading!" Randall screamed over the radio.

Gordy also speaks up. "Almost empty!" She had been counting her rounds, one by one, and there were only a couple left in the magazine before she had to reload like Randall.

Albrecht takes that as a cue, saying. "Roger that, taking over." Pointing his HMG over at the nearest enemy group to the Pathfinders, Albrecht's about to unleash 14.5mm leads when Gordy says. "Reloading! And hey, give them a warm Belkan welcome!"

Albrecht smirks. "Oh, I sure know how to lay it on thick."

And then the machine gun roars. Red tracers zip by above the Pathfinders' heads before slamming into and coming through the silicone bodies of the demons. Archangels, Chariots, Knights... Everything is equal under the barrel of a 14.5mm heavy machine gun. When you have fired one, you won't be able to find the same exhilaration at your fingertips when you hold another one.

What's the saying that has been going about the door gunners community again? Ah, yes.

"Yggdra bless .57 cal."

But then all good things must come to a pause eventually. "Reload done!" Randall reported, and so was Gordy. This means Albrecht has to ease up on the trigger, though the damage is already done and he has successfully bought enough time for the Pathfinders to get back in the game. When the pair turns over and starts engaging the demons once again, there's only one thing on their mind right now.

"One mag down, six more to go."

And by the Gods, they hope they can use up everything.

 

 

 

Just gonna say that new pictures are in the album and if you want to support me, please check out the links. Patreon has benefits attached depending on the tiers. Bills are coming up soon, especially the internet bill, so we would appreciate any support you can provide. :D

https://photos.app.goo.gl/waZgkRa3UQhqKQBi9

https://www.patreon.com/Heartbreak117

https://ko-fi.com/heartbreak117/goal?g=0

16