RM Vol 3: For a World without Boundary – Chapter 45-6: Osprey down! (Part 6)
388 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surprise to see me? Well, you may or may not, but either way, this chapter is brought to you by my lack of sleep lmao

Last chapter has been outputted, but only partially as it has been running long. Was trying to take some rest, hence I posted it like that. That said, because my head still have a bunch of ideas that I haven't written down, I couldn't get much sleep, feeling pretty annoyed if you catch my drift.

As such, the express chapter has been made to serve and as of right now on the highest tiers of Patreon, Auschwitz matters have come to an end! Yet, let it be said that there will be repercussions. Things aren't clean-cut as it may seem.

Until then, enjoy what's readily availble you all! Peace and prosperity to you!

P.S: New pictures are posted https://photos.app.goo.gl/waZgkRa3UQhqKQBi9

P.S.S: RIP

Amid the indiscriminate barrage of lasers, Randall braves the risks and dashes to the body of Gordy. "Man down!"

"Covering fire!" Albrecht shouted as he took the HMG and blindly fired through the openings in smoke clouds, created by the lasers cutting past. It's unknown how effective it would be but for the moment, the lasers fired by Lich has stopped.

Randall slides to a crouch next to Gordy, seeing the state his fellow Pathfinder's in. She's alive, but barely, her helmet has lost its strap and now lies somewhere, her armor took the brunt of the impact but it's burned and heavily damaged, blood is seeping through the opening on the armor while below, everything below her left knee is gone, disintegrated by a beam. In short, she's in bad shape.

"Damn it!" Seeing the blood Gordy's now coughing up, Randall frantically grabs the uninjured shoulders of the female Pathfinder. "Come on, Gordy! You're gonna be fine!" Dragging her body, Randall quickly moves her behind a ruined wall for cover. "Stay with me, Gordy!"

Crouching down, Randall struggles to get the destroyed bulletproof vest off Gordy's torso, the burn has fused the fabrics onto her chest. "Oh, come on!" Randall cursed.

His effort is cut short when Gordy groggily grabs the wolfkin's arm. "No, hey, Gordy! You're injured! I need my arm to help you, sister!" Randall said hastily. In response, Gordy just shakes her head slowly with a pained smile.

With a bit of an effort, the woman spits out a clot of blood before saying. "I-Is there a point?" The question brings Randall's action to a screeching halt.

Randall forces out a wry smile at that. "That's right, isn't it? There's no point trying." They're all gonna die anyway was left unsaid.

Gordy nods gently at that. "So..." With a struggle, Gordy removes her rifle and the remaining magazines before passing them to Randall. Finally, she takes the last grenade on Randall's belt and then gestures her head over to the garage. "Why don't you go...? Give a girl her privacy, won't you?" The blood trickling down her chin seems to emphasize the finality in her words.

Though she spoke softly, Gordy's words cut deep into Randall's heart. "Damn it, sister. You used to say that you would like to try that Indochina brand of coffee... What happened to that?"

Gordy plasters a regretful grin on her face. "Guess... I'll just have to order it in Valhalla then." She then reaches into her shirt and pulls out a necklace with a pair of dog tags. With a tug, Gordy breaks the necklace before handing over the tags to Randall. "Before I forget for good."

Taking the pieces of metal into his palm, Randall nods while looking at Gordy with a resolute gaze. "Save me a cup up there, won't you?"

"You won't miss it." Gordy then gently pushes the wolfkin away. Without further words, the male Pathfinder takes Gordy's equipment before making a break for the Osprey.

On her part, Gordy pulls out her pistol. Even though she sees spots of black in her vision, it doesn't stop Gordy from raising her pistol and firing at the back of a zombie chasing after the retreating Randall. It would seem the fire from the C-4 trap has died out, and now, the zombies have no obstruction in their way to kill them all. Gordy smirks painfully at that, despite their effort to stave off the inevitable, death comes to all in the end. Hearing the footsteps coming from her right, Gordy moves the pistol in that direction. Seeing another scythe-wielding zombie, Gordy doesn't hesitate to fire what's left of her magazine at it. Her accuracy is obviously abysmal, though she still gets the job done. The target is dead, one more kill marker.

The clickings of an empty pistol anchors her mind back to reality, however. Seeing the slide coming all the way back with no bullet in the chamber, Gordy just loosened her grip and let the USP fall onto the ground with a clatter. By now, Randall has run up to the Osprey and is shouting something to Albrecht. It would seem the HMG is out of ammo at last, and given that they only have a G1 and an MP9 at their disposal, holding the outer perimeter would be too early of a death wish. Gordy's ears are starting to fail her right now so she can't hear what they're arguing about. In the end, the two men run out of the Osprey before retreating further into the garage under the covering fire of their pilot, Carl. There, the pair gets into cover before turning around to engage the targets coming in hot.

Though Gordy sure as Hell can't see clearly nor can she even hear anymore through the ringing in her ears, the lady can still somewhat feel the tremor in the ground. The tremor clearly belongs to a multitude of heavy footfalls, the notion of which brings forth a bloody grin on Gordy's face. With a measured motion, Gordy grabs her radio set with her right hand before bringing it close to her mouth, during which, her left fingers start pulling on the pins of three frag grenades.

As the tremors grow stronger and stronger, Gordy makes a mental count from five to zero then pulls out all three pins. With a deep breath, she shouts out like she has never shouted before, right when a bunch of zombies just rush past her.

"This is Master Sergeant Adelheid Gordon, Echo Company, 2nd Battalion, 501st Airborne!" Her loud voice brings a stop to the zombies' steps. Immediately, the white skin living dead women pivot around, only to see the dying Gordy with a hateful smirk. With deadly glares and hasty steps, the zombies approach Gordy with claws and scythes raised, only for Gordy to end it by saying. "Oorah!" Then all three grenades explode, obliterating Gordy and the zombies around her. The shockwave of which can be felt even by the ones in the garage.

After more than ten minutes of fighting, the horde has claimed their first kill, gone of her own volition.

Master Sergeant Adelheid Gordon. Status - KIA

 

Just gonna say that new pictures are in the album and if you want to support me, please check out the links. Patreon has benefits attached depending on the tiers. Bills are coming up soon, especially the internet bill, so we would appreciate any support you can provide. :D

https://photos.app.goo.gl/waZgkRa3UQhqKQBi9

https://www.patreon.com/Heartbreak117

https://ko-fi.com/heartbreak117/goal?g=0

16