Prologue – A Live Show Malfunction Test Run
66 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The transporter technology is one of the greatest technology that all sentient beings invented. Being able to transport almost anything in and out in a blink of an eye. It is hail as one of the best technological marvel to mark a civilization's achievement in space faring. Making it a critical milestone in the space technology race.

This technology in its infancy has its ups and downs when it is under development. Accidents and deaths are common, and many griefs were made in the journey to make it a perfectly safe and fast travel method. These events are always sad all the time, except for one kind of accident which have been recently recorded.

Stefan Longman, an inventor who aspire to introduce a long range transporter for inter planetary and colonial travel have been working hard to realize his dream. He dreams to build a network of transporter relays to allow people to easily travel long distance, removing the necessity of relocation from another planet or colony to the other. All a traveler need to do, is to select the destination of their choice, walk into the transporter pad and they will end up in another transporter pad at the place of their destination in no time.

So far for now, Stefan had managed to conduct several tests with various objects and living beings. For the final test however, he would require a sentient for the feat. Due to the funds he has is running low, he is unable to procure the assistance he need. As time is short with the coming deadline, he decided to be the test subject to test out his invention.

From his primary lab in Earth, he will first be beamed to his secondary lab in Mars. Upon reaching Mars, he will then relocate to his auxiliary lab in Oasis, the largest space colony orbiting Jupiter. Upon arriving Oasis, he will return back to his primary lab in Earth. All this will happen in the matter of minutes, making a non-verbal declaration that long range space travel is now possible.

Stefan is elated, as this is the day of reckoning for the universe and judgement day for him. With the media being invited to broadcast his feat, it leaves little room for error in this gambit. Transporting from Earth to Mars, everyone cheered upon his safe arrival. This gave him hope that there is success for his project. Moving from Mars to Oasis, he receive another round of cheers. The additional encouragement made him feel that success at hand, and his safe return to Earth will seal it without dispute.

When Stefan reached Earth, the response did not happen as he had hoped for. The people around him looked at him with a variety of response, horrified, awe, shocked, and whatever you name it, it is there. It took him a while to read his surroundings to realize that something is not right with him. Turning around to have a look at the reflective surface behind him, Stefan was shocked with his new appearance who is now a lady.

Fearing for what might happen next to him, who is now a her. Her associates quickly isolated her from the public and immediately rushed her for a medical examination. To their relieve, medical personal declared that she is a perfectly healthy lady with no health defects. Their nightmare at the moment is not over, as a media backlash is on a rampage now.

An investigation have been launched and from all available research data that have been recorded, the cause was cosmic interference when they are transporting Stefan from Oasis to Earth. Somehow, the signal carrying his information have been distorted with another signal which is transporting information of a picture sent through the cosmic mail system. When the mixed up signal reached Earth, it transformed Stefan into who is she now.

Public outrage caused the project to be suspended for a moment, it nearly gets shutdown due to no more funds available to improve the system. Luckily for them, an organization stepped in to bail them out. The Foundation of Freedom for Gender Choices have stepped in to fund them, as their leaders have view the accident as a blessing. The technology which is accidentally discovered will allow people with gender orientation issues to change to the gender that suits them with ease, hence promoting people's rights to have their gender change.

Furthermore, being able to choose the appearance that they want when they change their gender have propelled gender reorganization technology into greater heights. Instead of being a disaster, the project is a great success in an unexpected manner. With the new funding, they are able to fix the flaws of their transporter system and work to develop a working prototype of a transgender beam system.

It is now the eve of the official day for the launch of the new technology. Stefan who is now known as Maria, is a flat chested lady with the height of 5 feet. Currently, she is in a famous boutique looking for a suitable dress for the event. Although the newly discovered technology is able to restore her back to her old man self, she has now taken liking to her new female self. Mainly because of popularity that she unintentionally gained from the incident and the many privileges that come along with it.

1