Turd Emoji
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We're gonna go hunting! Let's go." Onyx started the next part of the lesson.

"Hunting? What for?" Rowan tried to follow Onyx's core to the door. As he was getting up he suddenly tripped and fell.

"WAH! The hell?" When he looked back he found his hair tangled to his ankle.

"Why did you let your hair grow this long?" Rowan started tugging on the hair in an annoyed manner.

"I guess I forgot to cut it? Plus I barely go within society so there was no point." Onyx replied.

"That's fucking depressing." Rowan looked around for something to tie his hair with. He found a piece of cloth that was ripped on the floor. Tying it around his hair, he looked in the mirror. This face was so pretty it was unbelievable. He wore a plain black shirt and plain grey pants that were way too big for his body.

"Do you not have anything else to wear?" He looked to Onyx who was floating around him in circles.

"I just told you I rarely associate myself with society! I don't have good looking clothes, hair, face, home, ANYTHING!"

"It's a sad life you live my guy."

"It's not like I wanted to associate myself with those other losers anyway." Onyx grumbled. Rowan for some reason felt sadness in those words.

'Such a liar.'

Once they got out the door Rowan was met with green. He was expecting a floating city with trains that go above houses like he saw in those 'this is the future' ads, But no. Instead it was nature that welcomed him. The smell was absolutely alluring and the view was amazing.

"Wow!" He breathed out looking into the trees and flower fields.

"Pretty cool right? Why live in a loud city when you can wake up to this everyday." Onyx was right. This was way better than some New York apartment.

Onyx led Rowan further into the forest where he encountered a bunch of wild animals. Now that he thinks about it, Rowan didn't know what type of creatures were in this world. Did they have dragons? Mermaids? Maybe even werewolves.

'I think those might have their own galaxy's or sum.' He thought. 'But they all come here?'

"Alright, the first thing is making a weapon." Onyx got closer to a tree in front of them. "Okay now, do the thing."

Rowan tensed up his muscles and focused on his core once more. He felt the Ahi flow through his body and seep outwards.

"Alright now stabilize it." Onyx instructed. "Right now your Ahi is moving around outside of your body and just being wasted. Calm down and picture it securing around you."

'Ah fuck. I'm so bad at explaining!'

On the contrary, Rowan understood every word. He listened and did as he was told. Picturing the Ahi solidifying around his body.

Onyx watched as the Ahi slowly started to calm down. It wasn't perfectly still. There were still bumps here and there, but for someone who was new, Rowan did well.

"Good, good. Now open your eyes and attack the tree here."

Rowan took a deep breath and opened his eyes before smashing his fist into the tree.

"AH! THAT FUCKNG HURTS." Rowan grabbed onto his fist and blew on it as it had turned red. It was already hard enough taking care of the mental part but his physical condition was no better. He was skinny and had thin limbs that could be used as toothpicks.

Onyx looked at him as he whined about his hand. 'It was for a second before he hit the tree. Did his Ahi turn off?' He thought. 'Don't tell me he can't concentrate well with his eyes open?'

"Hey. Stabilize your ahi right now. With your eyes open." Onyx spoke.

Sitting down Rowan got into his position again and tried picturing his core. He pictured hard and focused on the energy in his body. Over and over he pictured the blanket and armor… but still nothing. The Ahi wasn't following through his body much less stabilized around him!

"Oh no." They both said in unison.

"HOW CAN YOU NOT CONCENTRATE WITH YOUR EYES OPEN? THAT'S LIKE, THE WHOLE POINT." Onyx yelled at Rowan.

"I DON'T KNOW, IT'S EASIER TO GATHER MYSELF WITH MY EYES CLOSED!"

Onyx did a mental facepalm. 'Now what? We can't move on if he can't control his Ahi. And it's not like we can stop training Ahi all together, since this whole world runs on it.'

He was floating back and forth in the air as Rowan watched from the ground.

"Hey…."

"Don't ask me something dumb." Onyx replied before Rowan could even finish his sentence.

"What if I just…."

"Don't say it!"

"Fight with my…"

"NO!"

"Eyes closed."

"Alright then, explain how that would work genius." Onyx was strongly against this idea, but since he had nothing better to do, he might as well hear Rowan out.

"Don't you people have like blind players? If Ahi is in everything in this world, then I can just sense others Ahi with my eyes closed." Rowan felt very confident about his idea. He was smirking and wiggling his eyebrows.

Onyx thought about it for a while. It wasn't a terrible idea, it was just....unconventional. Plus he wouldn't know how to train him in that since he has no experience.

"When is this competition anyway?" Rowan finally said something, noticing Onyx's hesitation.

"It's in like a month or so."

"Alright then I'll do meditation everyday to help me with my concentration. By the end of the month I should be able to do it with my eyes open." He knew Onyx was wavering about this because there was no way to teach him. That's why Rowan would teach himself and practice everyday.

"Alright then, start up your Ahi again." Finally Onyx gave in. He would let Rowan try for himself and see how it went. He was disappointed in himself though, for he promised to teach Rowan and help on his journey but there was already a wall in front of him. He felt that maybe his people back home were right.

He was useless.

Rowan did as he was told and channeled his Ahi then surrounded his body with it.

"Now try to look for the same thing you tried to look for in your body. The Ahi of non living things is different but this tree is a living organism." Onyx explained. "Focus on where it is and hit it hard."

Rowan followed and focused on the position of the tree. He then jabbed at it with a grunt. His fist made no contact with the tree so Rowan thought he didn't hit it. 'Huh? Am I too far from the tree?' But then Rowan felt something looming over him.

"MOVE OUT THE WAY!" He heard onyx yell. Once he opened his eyes, the falling tree came into view.

"AHHHHHHH!" His Ahi turned off and he jumped to the side barely escaping the collapsing tree.

"I didn't think it would be necessary to tell you, but when you hit the tree, MOVE OUT THE WAY." Onyx said.

"Well you also didn't tell me I don't feel any type of contact!"

"Yea the Ahi is surrounding your body as a shield. Of course you can't feel it! It's something You can pretty much use to buff up your strength, speed, durability etc." Annoyed, Onyx explained more. "Anyways go get a chunk of the tree so we can make a spear."

Rowan used what he had learned to cut a piece of the tree. He surrounded himself with Ahi and karate chopped it. Once he did that he shaved the tip off with a rock to make it sharp. Rowan worked hard on making a perfect spear and when he was done, he presented it to Onyx. He Stood there with sparkles all around him waiting for a compliment.

"Alright next lesson." Onyx moved on, completely unimpressed.

"WHAT!? DO YOU NOT SEE THIS MASTERPIECE OF A SPEAR?"

"I can do better."

"This is why you're built like a turd emoji."

"What's an emoji?" Onyx tilted his head to the side.

"Oh c'mon. The joke is less satisfying when you have to explain it!" Rowan waved his arms in the air.

"Shhhh" Suddenly Onyx shushed Rowan. "Get down."

Rowan did as he was told and laid on the floor. Once he did, he was able to feel the vibration on the ground. He peeped his head over the tall grass to find a bunch of animals who looked like wolf and boar hybrids. 'Ooh.' He had never seen a mammal that looked like this in his life. Onyx started floating down to him, right to his ear.

"Let the hunt begin." He whispered.

"These were what you were talking about when you said go hunting?" They were both speaking in hushed tone's as they hid behind a bush.

"Yes. These hachtyonycmbins are the main habitants of this land. You're going to learn how to transfer Ahi from one thing to another."

'I'm just going to call it a woar…'

"Grab your spear an-"

"I know how to hunt." Rowan cut him off. "Of course never with a spear but how hard can it be?"

He got up into a crawling position and crawled towards the woar group. The grass was very tall, helping to his advantage. Noticing one of the woars had wandered from the pack, Rowan went around in the tall grass to where it was. The mammal seemed to be looking for something in the grass and it entered its head.

As soon as it looked up, Rowan was there, spear in hand ready to plunge it into its head. It tried to jerk back but it was too late and he had already gotten it. Before it could make a sound Rowan pulled the spear out and went for the throat as well.

The woar struggled for a bit before it stopped moving. Rowan closed its eyelids and slowly slid back into the grass.

"AH-" He tripped over something while going backwards. Looking back he saw a dead snake. 'Must be what the woar was searching for' Rowan made a disgusted face. 'I'll just take it as well. Bonus points!'

He dragged the dead body back to where Onyx was. 'Wow. Not only did he do all that with no Ahi, but he was able to strike all the vital parts. Not one of the others in the pack noticed!'

"I GOT IT!" Rowan smiled with gleaming eyes. "Even brought you a dead snake as a bonus!"

Onyx chuckled. "Yes, good job. Now follow me back." He didn't think much of the words he said but On the other hand, Rowan was very happy with the compliment. He smiled to himself and followed onyx.

"What are we going to do with this anyway? Is it edible?"

"No dumbass. We're going to be transferring my soul into it. Actually YOU are going to be doing that."

0