Prologue – Tiberium World Today
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The year is 2065, it has been 70 years since an alien substance known as Tiberium arrive on Earth. Its arrival brought both fortune and misfortune to the world. Since then, wars have been fought over it by those who sought to yield its potential and power. These wars as we now known are the Tiberium Wars, which are championed by two fractions of the world. One that we know as the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) while the other which is the Brotherhood of NOD.

However, recently the threat brought by Tiberium has soon reach to the level where all life forms on Earth be destroyed. The threat itself is so great that Kane, the enigmatic leader of NOD are no longer able to ignore it. Hence, 3 years ago he made that fateful decision of proposing an alliance with GDI for the construction of the Tiberium Control Network. It was an uneasy one, however it must be done for the survival of humanity and Earth.

What makes Tiberium a blessing is its ability to gather useful minerals through absorption which can then be harvested to be refined into a large variety of products. It is a curse as Tiberium grows, it alters the environment surrounding it by emitting a strange radiation which are harmful to all life forms. Any areas which have been infested by Tiberium will soon turn into a place which is so alien, you will think that you are now in different planet instead of Earth.

With this problem arise, here comes GDI. Initially it was formed by the U.N. for global security reasons, its true purpose however was to combat the infestation of Tiberium and to harness its potential as a resource. Led by Dr. Ignatio Mobius who was the lead researcher when Tiberium first arrive, he and his daughter Sydney sought to understand it for practical application purposes. Today the GDI Tiberium research division till exist with me as one of the member of this organization.

1