Chapter 3
213 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well that's totally not at all ominous, and what do you mean by created?" I asked the system, feeling [Gamers Mind] take into effect at my small spike of unease.

[ All summons, skills, and items are created from the dream realm of Earth. It is an incorporeal place where your summons live a pseudo existence. The Gacha Overlord System makes them into full lifeforms with a purpose to serve the host.] 

[ Every summon is different. Some will interpret their circumstances in different ways depending on what type of world they came from. Filling in the blanks of their existence from what they know.]

Taking a deep breath, and moving forward with everything. I look down into my arms at the small purple puff ball snuggling up to me. " Well little guy, I guess I'm your new trainer. Let's get along with each other ok." I say smiling down at it. I'm not sure what gender it is exactly and I'm not even sure how to check. Asking the system for information on my summon, a status screen appears in front of me.

[Name: TBD

Race: Venonat

Origins: Pokemon

Affinities: Poison, Wind

Rank: Magic beast 

Soul: mortal

Skills: 

-Tackle

-Poison powder

-Leech life

-Poison fang 

Host inquiry: This specimen is female.]

Seeing her status and reading some information I don't really understand but get the gist of. I look at her in my arms once more. " Well it seems you're my first proper companion. Seeing as we are going to spend a lot of time together, I need to give you a name." I say to the little Pokemon as she cuddles up to me. I hold her out and look into her big bug eyes. " I actually don't know much about you but I would love to learn. Since you turn into Venomoth and you're probably the first of your kind in the Cradle as a moth monster. I'll make you into the queen of all moths and from now on your name is Queenie." I say to her, laughing a bit at the intense determination I see in her eyes. I place her down, giving her a small pat on the head and focusing to checking on the safe zone timer. 

[5h 45m 24s]

It seems I was out for a little under 4 hours. That still gives me enough time to try out the Kura tradition techniques and adapt to my new physique. I also have a 100 GP starting out. Giving me enough for either 10 bronze tier pulls or 1 silver tier. After a moment of contemplation I take a gamble and spend it on another silver tier. From the Kuro traditions and Queenie, One more should fill my arsenal no matter what it is. Taking a deep breath I opened the system and bought a silver tier gacha.

[ Are you sure you want to spend 100gp? Yes/No]

[ Current balance: 0gp

6d 19h 35m 23s till weekly Gacha points]

[ Congratulations you have received-

Silver ability tier- Smoke/ Infamous Second Son ]

I feel heat start at my chest and expand into my body as black particles forming smoke start to appear. Unlike the first time it seems this is more of a metaphysical enhancement than pure bodily change. 30 minutes go by and the heat subsides. Opening my stats I see the changes that it made.

[ Name(???)Leon Lopez

Title: Master Newbie 

Race: wood elf

Class: TBD

Archetype:TBD

GP:0

Body: (squire 9) 

Mind: (novice 9) 

Soul (mortal 9)

Skills

Wood elf heritage: 

-high nature attunement

-low regenerative abilities

-400 year lifespan

Kure Clan Tradition : Refers to the techniques, specifically the clan's assassination arts, used by the Kure to give life and take life away. According to the clan's current patriarch, Kure Erioh, there is no move the Kure cannot combat.

Kure Clan Secret 

Technique: Removal

-Increase body capabilities to max of 100% use of bodily potential 

-go over 100% potential at the cost of lifespan 

Gamers Mind: 

The world is but another game to master.

-Allows the user to calmly and logically think things through.

-Allows a peaceful state of mind.

-Immunity to mental disorder.

True affinity (Embers):

Transforms host Soul into that of an Ember elemental.

Grants partial immortality with direct contact to element.

Item attunement with element.

Body augmentation and enhancement.

Raw mana control of element.

Familiars pact

Venonat: A bug/poison type Pokemon. 

Grants the user -

-Night vision

-Poison immunity

-high poison affinity 

 

Gacha servants

Inventory. ]

"Now this is what I'm talking about." As I feel energy course through my veins and with slight focus start to form on my hands. A smokey bolt of embers shoots out of my hand and smashes against the ground. Swinging up a bunch of dirt and bugs leaving torn up ground with sundered marks. I feel a slight drain, reminding me that this power isn't infinite. " I should probably stick to melee only, using range only when absolutely necessary." I say to myself, settling my energies and trying to feel how much I have left.

I don't know if it works like the game where I need to drain smoke every once in a while or if its magical cultivation rules and I can refill it with mana or ki. Whatever form of energy they use here. From the description it seems to be pushing the more magical side of things. Either that or conduits are really just elementals in human form. Remembering the little I do about the games honestly doesn't sound too far off. Now that I have my arsenal. I decided to do some light training and practice some Kure Clan moves. I find a relatively flat area of the Grove and begin doing stretches. It feels like I don't have any bones, twisting my body into all sorts of shapes. Settling myself, I start off with some push-ups till I feel some muscle failure. 150 push-ups later I realize that this isn't going to cut it. Sadly without any specialized equipment and on a running clock I'll have to leave it for now. Doing squats and planks seem to hold the same result. 

"Let's start with the actual cool stuff." I go into a wide horse stance and clench my hands into a paw. 

Closing my eyes I focus on my breathing until all sounds fade away. Most of Kure clan Traditions techniques focus on building potential. An assassin needs to strike without any warning with maximum precision. Feeling my calves tense like steel wire. I shoot forward going into a flurry of elbow strikes, leg sweeps, and quick jabs. Queenie is on the side watching me move from one stance into the next without break. I flow, feeling life energy course through my body. The technique gives life and takes it away.

 After a while I try to incorporate [Embers] into my movements. I start off by coating my hands, and as soon as I feel energy gather I let it sit in the palms of my hands. Then I move it on to my shins and feet.

 Every strike contains a toxic heat to it. Pushing off my feet I try to smoke dash into another stance, only to end up smashing face first into one of the willow trees.

"Oooh yup, that's going to do it." I say dizzily as I stumble back. "Ok let's give this another shot" I step back and push my energy forward with movement. Feeling my vision blank but not losing my sense. I could feel the world around me without actually seeing it as I moved. This time, actually succeeding. Feeling my body rematuralize into my stance. Going back into the flurry, as well as covering my hands with [Embers] I continue to practice for a couple hours. I started to work up a sweat but I felt like I could push myself more when my eyes landed on the puff ball. Calling out to Queenie, I let her join as she rushes me and I dodge by side stepping. Striking out with a light Jab that still sends her flying. She quickly gains her balance and smashes into my stomach. We continue to spar, bonding and learning about each other as we tested our limits. Starting to feel winded, I decided to end the light spar and regain some energy as I checked the clock.

[ 1h 12m 56s]

"For now Queenie, let's give it a rest." I say as I pat her head. "We don't know what's going to happen when the safe zone collapses. So we will need to rest and build our energy. Prepare for whatever comes at us." I pick her up and head back towards the stone slab. Setting myself up I sit cross-legged and wait for the timer to go out. It's finally time for my adventure to start. Whatever happens will take it on and stride.

3