Chapter-1 The Princess and Her Knight.
68 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mui woke up from his dream, a nice and good dream without any flaws. To him it was paradise, a special paradise that would soon be missed by him dearly. Mui got up from his couch and entered the living room of his house before entering the kitchen.

From there he cooked some pasta, drank some cold water for energy before eating his meal. But once he was finished eating and drinking his water, his entire house exploded without warning, leaving not a single trace of his existence apart from the house itself, all because he forgot to turn off his appliances and check his entire house for damaged pipes.

And here, Mui's story in another world starts. Mui slowly opened his weary eyes to find himself stuck in what looked to be a battlefield with a lot of decapitated and mauled, barely recognizable corpses and a few crows for good measure.

"Shit." Mui slowly got up and looked around as the cold wind swept the area around him, and yet as he slowly rose from the ground Mui thought to himself, "What the fuck?" and kicked the head of a random corpse in front of him. "Well, guess that's it..." Mui probed every carcass with clothing that surrounded him only to find a dagger and a sword.

"T-This is it...? is this really all they carried?" Mui murmured to himself and once again searched the area he found himself in, from the dead bodies, broken swords, shields and many flags he couldn't recognize Mui confirmed the worst. "A parallel world... or did I just travel back in time...?" those very words were what Mui despised the most when it came to rationality.

"DAMN GODDESS!!!" Mui shouted at the top of his lungs as he looked at the sky with bloodshot eyes. "YOU BITCH!!! YOU BETTER HOPE I DON'T COME UP THERE AND KILL YOUR ASS! I'LL TURN YOU INTO A FUCKING LINGUINE!!!"

Mui shouted curses at the sky for an hour until he could no more, Mui decided to walk in a random direction while looting everything and everyone he came across. "Just you wait..." Mui muttered under his breath as he continued on his way, and after another hour of walking in the barren wasteland that was a battlefield, he came across a group of goblins. " Typical, just typical." Mui prepared his sword and dashed towards the unsuspecting goblins before slicing their heads with swift motion.

Mui then ignored the group he mercilessly slaughtered and continued to walk. "Oh... when Jonny comes marching home again, hoorah! hoorah! we'll give him a hearty welcome then, hoorah! hoorah!" Mui sang an old war song and kept whistling as he walked towards wherever the direction took him, towards the setting sun that descended before his very eyes.

And what felt like an entire day of walking, Mui then looked over the horizon to see civilization. But that civilization was merely a single castle with a massive tower at the center, definitely nothing unusual.

"If there's a castle there's bound to be money! or was that riches? I don't know." Mui then marched towards the castle with his trusty sword and dagger, and not to forget the clothes on his body. "Well, better get to climbing." Mui nodded as he ascended the walls that surrounded the castle, step by step and brick by brick he climbed the walls expecting gold.

"Come on... come on...!" Mui climbed and climbed, stabbing his dagger in every hole it could fit in, with the sun slowly descending behind him. Mui eagerly climbed for an entire hour, never looking down and always looking up, "Come on... I could smell the gold from here." Mui muttered to himself as he kept climbing until he reached the top. "Finally, hah... I'm finally there, I can't believe it." Mui said with a smile as a tear flowed slowly from the corners of his eyes.

But when Mui stood atop the wall he scaled for an entire hour and a half he realized he was only halfway there, his face quickly turned from a happy face into a sad one in mere seconds. "Oh god no... please no, don't do this to me..." Another wall stood between the protagonist and the dreamed riches he expected to get, a wall twice the height from the one he just climbed.

Mui cried there on the spot while standing, tears flowed freely on from his eyes to his cheeks as he kept crying for another hour. Mui collected himself for a moment, then nodded and sniffed, "Alright, alright... maybe I can do some more climbing. yeah, I could do it." Mui steeled himself and descended for half an hour with his parkour skills and started to climb the second wall for two hours more, with hunger and thirst weakening him every minute that passed.

"Finally, finally!" Mui reached the top of the second wall, and when he looked around a bag of sweet potatoes greeted him, not literally but in a manner of speech. Mui smiled, "I may be Asian but hey, I'm not picky." Mui took every sweet potato as he sat on the wall and peeled the skin of each one before eating them. "Ah, heaven... if only there was sugar to go with it..." 

Mui ate every single one of the sweet potatoes until he was full, a just reward for a just purpose. Mui then focused on the tower in front of him, it was as tall as half a hundred stories, but the promises of treasures steeled his determination and heightened his will to persevere and face what terrible dangers lurked within the tower and atop it.

"Ready or not, here I come!" Mui jumped off the wall and landed on a haystack below, lucky him. "Treasures, wait for me! I'm coming!" Mui shouted as he ran towards the tower at full speed.

Mui ran like his life depended on it, He couldn't imagine himself living in any world without money or anything to protect him and so he must do it, for himself, and his sanity. Mui scaled the tower for three hours straight, no resting but only climbing, he was determined to get the treasures no matter the cost, except for his limbs and his own life. "Almost there, almost there." Mui assured himself, the window of the tower was nearly within his arm's reach, but to think there was a person living there. and as he reached the window's edge, he peeked inside to find a damsel and a few treasures beside her.

"TREASURE!!!" Mui used his strength to pull himself inside, shocking the princess that lived in the tower as she looked at the unwanted visitor. "A thief? how could a thief be able to reach the top?" the princess said with concern, "I'm no thief madam, but I couldn't care less." Mui responded as he cleaned himself of dust.

"And I believe that's mine, YOINK." Mui took the golden ring from the woman's finger with ease as he placed it on his own. "Give that back stranger! that ring is not meant for mortals!" Mui smirked and laughed, "I don't give a damn, it's mine now. and plus, I'm no ordinary mortal either." the princess frowned and asked, "Who are you then? if not a thief?" she said with determination and nervousness in her eyes. "Simple. Your knight in dark armor."

"You flatter me then knight." The woman said humbly while Mui bowed before her. "A pleasure your majesty." Mui then turned towards the pile of gold and valuable items, he took the white chest plate and wore it shamelessly in front of the woman behind him before wearing the purple cloak next to it and shoving every gold piece that could fit in his pockets.

"You truly are one shameless knight. I presume you will leave me here once you are finished?" Mui stopped for a moment before turning around to face the woman, "Look, I'm not that heartless, nor cold. And... I sort of need you at the moment and even if I didn't, I'm not leaving an innocent person behind to rot in some tower. whoever put you here must've been mad, unless...?" Mui raised an eyebrow and asked the woman for her name. "Hey, I never did get to know your name."

The woman sighed as she answered the unsaid question inside Mui's head. "I am Princess Liora of Alora, a pleasure to meet you sir..." Mui answered while nodding, "Mui Adam Fierce, nice to meet you Liora." the two shook hands and smiled at each other. "Mui Adam Fierce... you must be a noble then?" Mui raised an eyebrow, "A noble? not so much, a powerful man? very much." Liora smiled as she removed her hand from Mui's. "By powerful, you mean that you are strong?" Mui smiled, " and skilled too, your highness." Mui then returned to taking anything that was useful for him in his journey with the princess.

"Well then, I guess that's all I need." A red sword with inscriptions carved on its blade, three sheaths attached to a belt, a small dark blue satchel, and finally another golden ring but with a gold gem on it.

Mui turned towards Liora and nodded, "Come on, let's get the hell out of this place." Liora followed Mui as he broke the door that led to a deep and long stairwell. "I've been meaning to ask princess, why were you placed here in the first place?" Mui asked as he took a torch from the walls, "I was hidden here by my father when invaders attacked his kingdom, I was not aware of their intentions nor do I know what they looked like, however the oracle said that a savior would soon take me from this place, and I will live a life of happiness..." Mui thought to himself for a moment. "Is this for real? what type of fairytale is this!?"

Mui continued to descend down the stairs along with the princess, and after a few minutes they arrived at the bottom, and Mui broke the door that blocked their path. "That was unnecessary Sir Mui, do you not know how to use doors?" Mui responded with a smile, "I'm too lazy to care, it's not like we'll be coming back here anyway."

Liora followed Mui towards the outside of the tower, the moon greeted them with its light as they stepped outside. "Tell me, since you have no kingdom to return to, where should I take you?" Liora took a moment to remember before responding to Mui's question. "Ciola, 'The City of Peace', it is not far from here." Mui turned to face Liora, "Lead the way, your highness." Liora nodded and led Mui towards their destination, not knowing they were being followed by people in hooded uniforms.

Mui followed the princess into the forests as he kept an eye on the trees that surrounded them, "Sir Mui, does the wilderness concern you?" Mui shook his head and responded. "The forest? no, but what's in it? definitely yes."

Liora laughed and sighed, Mui on the other hand was slightly annoyed but content to have someone to talk to. "Does my shame and concern for your safety amuse you your highness?" Liora laughed for a second time and clapped her hands. "Not quite Sir Mui, not quite..." Mui rolled his eyes in annoyance as he placed his hand on the hilt of one of his swords.

"Whatever you say, princess of the tower." Mui walked with the princess in search for surviving members of her family, while many eyes watched the two from afar, who were they? definitely not relatives or friends of the princess.

 

 

 

1