Chapter- 1
172 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An eagle soared above the wheat field. The sun was nearing setting, with its oblique and harmless rays lengthening the shadows of the people working in the fields. The crops were close to harvest time and proudly wore the color of gold.

The people working in the fields had gathered their picks and tools and prepared to return to their homes.

"Hey did you hear?" said a field worker to the one next to him as he walked down the road.

"What?" ' the man asked his friend.

“The slave that the consul Alec just bought fainted from the first day? I think the harvest will be a little more difficult this year.”

“Why did he pass out? Normally the Consul would not have made a bad trade.”

“No one knows, but I heard he was the most expensive slave this year, and Consul Alec paid 55 thousand denarii for him.”

"What! 55 thousand? Why did he pay so much? Last year, he bought four slaves for 50,000 denarii.”

The man lowered his voice.

“Don't tell anyone what I said, but Consul Alec's wife liked the slave very much. He was a very muscular and handsome young man.”

“Oh.” said the man as if he understood.

The strange tastes of the members of the consul and the wives of wealthy merchants were at first the gossip among the peasants. And the parties organized by these wealthy people, the number and beauty of the prostitutes at the party, would be the subject of conversations of the simple peasants for weeks.

The 2 villagers continued to talk as they walked from their fields to their homes. Consul Alec's poor choice of slaves had long since been forgotten, replaced by normal peasant matters.

--------

"What's wrong, physician Timon? Why did he lose consciousness?"

A dozen people in the room focused on the young man lying unconscious on the leather bed and the physician examining him. The physician was one of the best physicians in the city, trained at Hippocrates' medical school.

The physician looked up once more at the lying young man, then straightened up. And he turned to the crowd waiting for his answer.

He cleared his throat and spoke.

"It's hard to say for sure. There may be several reasons. It may have been because he didn't Drink and eat enough water and food. But I couldn't see any problem in his body."

After physician Timon's words were finished, the consul Alec, wearing a long white robe with vibrant purple stripes, turned sour. And he turned to his right.

There was a man standing there. The sweat on the forehead of the man to his right could be seen.

"It's impossible, Consul Alec, We diligently gave him his bread and water every day. There must be some other reason for this." said

Consul Alec turned to physician Timon, ignoring the man's words.

"When does he wake up?"

"It's hard to say for sure, someone better wait with him. But his health doesn't seem to be a problem. I don't see any problem for him not to wake up"

Consul Alec nodded.

"Penelope, you wait next to him and let me know if he wakes up." he said in an orderly tone.

He turned to Timon and spoke respectfully. "I appreciate your prompt response. physician Timon."

"Consul Alec." said Timon, and nodded.

After the diagnosis was finished, Consul Alec left the room. Immediately after him came the sweaty-headed man.

"Slave trader Alastair I hope this slave's condition will improve soon. Otherwise we have a serious problem with you." said Consul Alec, a secret anger in his voice.

The fainting of the slave he had chosen and paid a fortune on the first day had already spread throughout the city streets and discredited him.

The slave trader Alastair nodded silently. He didn't have much to say.

Consul Alec swung his white robe and hurried towards the Main hall of the house.

----------

Penolope was silent, sitting on the chair in the room, watching the young man lying on the bed. The mansion was very busy today. When the consul Alec and his wife, Odele, went out to buy an Educated slave, rumors quickly spread among the servants and slaves in the mansion.

An educated slave was not cheap. It would cost a fortune. And he was seen almost on the same level as the House people.

So the news that a slave for 55,000 denarii had been taken quickly spread among the slaves and servants at the Alec estate.

Penolepe brought her eyes to the face of the youth who lay motionless.

The young man was tall and muscular. Jaw lines were sharp. His beard wasn't fully grown, but that didn't allow you to see him as a child. The man lying in front of him was a complete man. She might even have thought he was a gladiator slave if she had not known that this slave had been bought to account for Consul Alec's growing business.

Time passed quickly, Penolope had been waiting in the room for a few hours beside the young man.

Bored with the passage of time, Penolope stretched her hand over the face of the young man who looked as if he had been carved by a master sculptor.

Just as her hand was about to touch the Young man's face, the Young man's eyes suddenly opened.

6