Chapter 3
137 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the city of Tusco sent the sun off and greets the moon, Theo ate his last bite in one of the city's largest and most beautiful mansions.

The food was better than expected, Olive oil added a distinct flavor. After all, It is one of the most important products of the Mediterranean climate.

After he ate, his exhausted and weary body regained some strength.

Then came the urge to lie down. Without thinking too much, he lay down on a few leather beds spread out on a hard floor.

“Oh shit,” he said to himself.

He had completely forgotten about the Woman at the edge of the room, watching him as he ate.

"Sorry I didn't thank you, I guess hunger took me away," Theo said, smiling at Penolope.

These words provoked a reaction beyond Theo's expectation. While Theo was waiting for the answer 'it doesn't matter' with a smile, the woman standing in front of him was looking at him with a confused expression.

While thinking about the reason for those eyes, Theo realized something. The woman in front of him was most likely a slave. And no one had ever thanked her before following the order given to her.

He coughed and lay down on the bed as the weird air became weird.

While Penolope was still looking at him with a strange expression, she suddenly shrugged, took the tray of food from the table, and carried it back to the mansion's kitchen.

Theo, on the other hand, took this silence as an opportunity and started to prepare a plan for tomorrow. He needed to research the character of Consul alec and the city of Tusco. He had to make an assessment of the situation he was in.

He paused for a moment as he made these plans. "What the fuck am doing?" "Fucking I came to Roman times, really" Those thoughts brought a smile to his face.

Although some events in this period frightened him, he could meet Julius Cesar and talk to Augustus. How many history professors wouldn't stab each other for such a chance? Living and witnessing history first hand, it was like a dream.

While Theo was preoccupied with these thoughts, Penolope entered the room. When she got to his bed, Theo raised his head and looked at her.

Penolope, on the other hand, was unbuttoning her clothes and removing the belt without saying a word. Before long, the white sheet-like clothing slipped from her body, and his bare body was revealed to Theo's eyes.

"what.. what are you doing?" Theo asked. Not taking his eyes off the naked woman in front of him.

"Master Alec has ordered me to take care of you. This includes the task of warming your bed," she said. She acted as if there was nothing wrong when she said this.

Theo froze when he heard these words. The glorious things that he had just thought of collapsed in his mind like towers of sand.

The woman standing before him was a slave. he knew what it meant to be a slave in Roman times—especially a female slave working on the master's estate. He had researched it.

She meant to be a servant, a worker, a whore when necessary.

"Please get dressed, I don't need that kind of service." said theo.

These words took Penolope by surprise. No one had ever turned down this offer before. She was one of the most beautiful girls in the Mansion, after all.

"If... you don't like me, I can call other girls." said Penolope.

"It's not like that, I'm tired and I don't know if my body can handle such an activity," Theo said.

"I understand," she said, and began to pick up the clothes from the floor and put them on. Then she went to the chair in the corner of the room and sat down.

"You can go and sleep if you want, I'll sleep too, you don't have to stay here."

"I can't do that, Master Alec ordered me to stay with you."

The room fell silent again. Realizing that Theo couldn't convince the other side, he lay down on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

"You're not going to sit there all night, are you?" he said without taking his eyes off the ceiling.

When there was no answer from the other side, he turned his head back to Penolope.

"Come, I think we can both fit in the bed"

Penolope didn't say no to the offer and got up from her seat and came to the leather bed spread over the Stone floor.

Theo slid off the bed and made room for Penolope. Although the bed wasn't huge, it was big enough for two people.

Penolope lay down beside Theo.

After a while, Theo thought he might get some information from Penolope.

"Can I ask a few questions?" she asked.

"Of course"

"Who is Consul Alec? What is he like? How should I behave around him?" he asked.

Although these questions surprised Penolope, these questions were always on the minds of the newly arrived slaves. Penolope realized that the young man lying next to her was not so different from herself. After all, he was a slave too. Just a more expensive slave.

"Consul Alec... is one of Tusco's two Consuls, and is also the richest man in the city. He is generally nice to slaves."

"Generally?" theo asked.

"I mean, he's good, I've never seen him punish any slave, of course, to those who do his job."

Theo nodded.

"What's Tusco like?"

"It's a nice little place. It's not as big as Ephesus, but it's quiet and peaceful."

"Oh, have you seen Ephesus?" ' asked Theo. After all, the woman lying next to him was a slave. It was rare for him to go for a walk.

"I was born there, when I was 15, my master there sold some of the slaves when he was in a financially bad time. I had one among those sold."

Theo turned his head towards Penolope and saw the sadness in her eyes.

He didn't ask any more questions.

Two people lay on the bed. Time made their eyelids heavy and he fell into a deep sleep.

 

3