Chapter 4 : What’s with this Ridiculous Mouse
202 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 : What's with this Ridiculous Mouse


 

My eyes glance at the Mouse in my hands, its own eyes looking into mine curiously. "Well..... Hello then. I guess you will be my first partner."

Looking over its figure I search for anything that might betray its awe inspiring power. Perhaps I have the opportunity to contract a unique being! A Dragon disguised as a mouse perhaps? No? 

It looks like a super fluffy mouse with flakes of gold in its fur. Basically aside from being fluffier than your usual Treasure Seeking Mouse there don't seem to be any differences. 

I find myself on my way home with it as my thoughts trail aimlessly. That was strange. I don’t quite understand what happened with Layla and it hurt my small amounts of pride to receive help from her of all people; but she didn’t gloat immediately after? She just walked away without so much as mentioning anything else like a whirlwind, here one second gone the next. 

Maybe she was going to show off her new pet at home? At least I have somewhat of a plan formulating now. Having a treasure seeking mouse as my starting pet is not the best, it is part of the evolutionary chain that has been at least a little explored.

From Treasure Seeking mouse to Treasure mouse; a Silver Rank Creature. Past that the race hasn't been researched mostly due to the disappointing strength. Treasure Seeking Mice evolve once into Treasure Swallowing Mice then once more into Treasure Mice. Basically they turn into extremely expensive small storage bags. 

"Well even so, at least you and I shall be partners from here on out. If a certain popular intellectual property about battle pets is anything to draw on Mice are the most powerful creatures in the Universe!"

My joke stays in the air as the mouse squawks from my arm jumping out and darting into the shack I call home. At least it seems exciting and happy. 

Think positive. 

I have a month of Feed for the mouse. In this month I can try to push the mouse to max growth and evolve it once. After that we can try exploring the area outside the city and hope to come across some ancient treasure that makes me a goddess! 

Shoot for the stars!

I sit down on the futon and look at the mouse that happily explores the room before calling it over, surprisingly it understands and makes its way obediently to the spot in front of me. 

"Now, I mentioned we would be partners in the Future. I will be your Beastmaster and you will be my pet." Seeing its attentive and cute gaze I almost break my serious façade to cuddle it. 

"Since we have met and you seem to not be against it I would like to begin contracting you. Please stay still"

The mouse squeaks in an adorable manner once more before laying on the ground in front of me, the cute hand sized body making me smile unconsciously. My hand reaches forward to pet it before laying on its head. 

Chanting the contract spell and feeling no backlash from the small creature, though I'm not too sure if it can produce any backlash worth noticing, the area around us glows slightly as a small circle of light appears encircling us both. My heart and head felt warm as a sort of esoteric energy and emotion flowed into me, the thoughts and feelings of the little mouse running almost parallel to my own.  

Squeak Squeak!

"Well Hello to you too. You can already communicate fluently! You are quite smart for a baby mouse. Who's a good little fluffy cloud?~"

Squeak!

"Yes it's you! Let's take a look, [Travel Tome]."

 The Book appears once more, fortunately this time feeling far less hot. Studying the cover I don't notice anything different. Aside from some gold embellishments and a cute little mouse embroidered into the leather. Opening it up to the first page carefully I don't notice anything strange. This time the text looked relatively normal. 

Flipping through it I notice the sections dedicated to myself as well as the section dedicated to the Treasure seeking mouse, followed by some empty pages that begged me to add something. Going back to the beginning I look at a black and white portrait of myself alongside my name. 


[Sophia Witt]

[Age : 18 Years]

[Talent : Travel Tome (Can Evolve)]

[Status : Strength (F-), Agility (F+), Physique (F-), Mental Resistance (E-), Spirit Power (E-), Soul (E+)]

[Cultivation : Moral 1 Star]

[Cultivation Method : None]

[Skills : None]

[Description : A Person born from this world who's dead soul fused with the soul of herself from a parallel reality. Due to malnutrition and poor living conditions he body is below average in most aspects, however her soul is stronger then average. The fusion caused no harm to the person]


?!?!?!?!

What?! The Tome is broken. Most certainly broken. Indubitably broken. 

The Tome is only supposed to give very brief information about any creatures, not something so detailed. And it can detect something as weird as transmigration? What is this godly function? Also 'Can Evolve'? Talents grow with the User but only within the confines of the talent.

For example the [Travel Tome] Will gain more and more pages to record information as the person grows stronger. But it will almost certainly stay an F rank Talent. 

Talent evolution isn't unheard of, only, talent evolution occurs when heavenly treasures emperor rank or above are used. Basically a miracle is needed. Does this mean the Talent can grow past the confines of rank naturally?

My status looks good at least. Average people have about F+ In all status' so it's rather great that I'm only below average in a few aspects.

Regardless of what happened with my page I lifted my eyes over to the mouse. Perhaps. If the Book can say so much about myself perhaps...


[Mutated Treasure Seeking Mouse]

[Age : 2 Weeks]

[Elemental Affiliation : Gold, Space]

[Status : Strength (F-), Agility (E-), Physique (F), Mental Resistance (E), Spirit Power (E), Soul (E-)]

[Cultivation : Mortal 8 Star]

[Skills : Primordial Treasure Hunt  - Elementary proficiency, Primordial Golden Coat  - Elementary proficiency.]

[Description : A female Treasure seeking mouse that has a rare mutation. It is more in tune with its ancient bloodline, increasing its intelligence. The Racial Skills of the Treasure Seeking Mouse are Also enhanced.]


What's with this ridiculous mouse? Don't Treasure Seeking Mice Have stats at F Tier? Is my Mouse a big boss in disguise?

"I should definitely name you though, Especially since you are a big boss." The mouse tilts its head as it looks curiously at my direction.

"Goldilocks? You have gold flecks in your hair." The Mouse shakes its head looking a little more pitiful as it does prompting me to pet it more.

"Dangerous. Mmm, Minnie, Sheila, Ashe, Ashley, Orsouri, Diam.." 

Squeak! Squeak!

"Mm? Orsouri? Okay, Orsouri it is! Today has been long. How about we get sleep, you will have the honor of being my new hug pillow! I lack one as it stands" 

Not taking it's squeaking and struggling to heart I lay down merrily. Today was certainly full of surprises, and I still don't understand some things. The weird book and the big boss mouse in particular, but at least today was my first step. 

Having such weird and unique circumstances will hopefully be the push necessary to succeed when the time comes. After all, things can only get better! My thinking trailing a moment before once more settling slightly.

“For all that is holy you are so soft” I murmur to the cloud enveloped by my arms before drifting off to peaceful slumber.

Author here, Sorry for not making the post yesterday. I ended up having a migraine and passed out as soon as I got home. I'll be doing a double post today to make up for it! Have a good weekend everybody. 

13