Chapter 1 – “World”
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Welcome to the World.

 And Hello World.

But what is a "World" in the first place?

Is it a dream, a reality, or maybe both?

A place where it all began and where it will end.

A place where the end brought forth new beginnings.

Existing because of the infinite possibilities that exist.

Vast structures parallel each other within the universe.

"World" is a phenomenon that is defined by its observer.

A result of opening a lid not knowing what's inside.

The act of observing is what defines the existence of the "World".

?!A QUESTION FOR YOU!?

?!WHAT DO YOU THINK!?

?!WHAT'S YOUR WISH!?

?!WHAT DO YOU WISH UPON THE WORLD!?

?!WHAT DO YOU DESIRE!?

**

When the [Demon Lord] perished the monsters that were under its control slowly perished only the [Dungeons] and its natural spawn of monsters remains. A party of three adventurers was given the task of neutralizing a low-rank dungeon since the dungeon has done its purpose of providing common materials.

"To be able to earn large sums of money just to neutralize an easy dungeon is the greatest deal we've had," the magician, Laurence, said.

"Yeah, yeah quit yapping and hasten your pace," the warrior, Jake, said.

"Hey, we're here so quiet down you two" the only woman in the group, Claune, said.

The entrance of the dungeon is like a normal cave opening, the only unnatural thing is the stone bricks lined within the cave's wall. The three progressed smoothly until they reached the last room where the dungeon core is located. Opening the door Claune saw the glowing orb in the middle of the room.

"Once we've destroyed the core, the dungeon will stop spawning monsters and decompose in a few weeks," Claune said.

"Let's go then" Jake then rushes towards the core lifting his great sword in the process.

"Stop!" Jake halted in response to Laurence's shout. 

A black magic circle suddenly appeared in front of the core, it is trying to defend itself from the attacker. The three became wary at the sudden change in the core's reaction and readied their weapons. What appeared on the magic circle is an ominous black slime.

"What's that a slime?" Jake asks while lowering his sword.

"I expect no less from a low-rank dungeon," Laurence said as he cast a fireball at the slime.

"......."

The fireball hit the slime or it's supposed to but the slime is faster than the normal slime. Seeing this Laurence casts multiple fireballs toward it.

"Tsk, it's faster than expected but my fireballs are faster," Laurence said.

At last, the fireball hit the slime but Laurence is already exhausted and the slime is not dead yet. And as Laurence falls back on his butt, Jake rushes into the slime but before his attack reached it, the slime jump toward the core, which left Jake speechless. At last, the quiet Claune said something but it was already too late, the slime devoured the dungeon core.

"Stop it!" she shouted.

{Destruction of the core is detected; Forced transfer has been initiated}

White light filled the three's vision and the next thing they knew is that they were already at the cave's entrance.

"Just what happened?" Laurence still sitting on the ground ask.

"I don't know either" Jake responded.

"We need to go back quick! we need to report this" Claune who's been quiet all this time started running back to town.

 **

In the dungeon after the adventurers have been forcefully teleported, the black slime is wiggling its way out of the room devouring anything in its path.

**

"It is a certainly unusual phenomenon, you said that after the core was devoured you guys got forcefully kicked out, right? But what happened to the slime? " the guild master ask the three who after coming back, were requested to report immediately. 

"We don't know," Claune said.

"I ask the three of you to go back and investigate this matter. This will be an additional job of course the pay will be different" the guild master said"

"Roger that boss" Jake said, Laurence nodded while Claune bowed before leaving the office to prepare their things.

**

"Kiii!!!" A giant bat's scream resounded throughout the dungeon. The black slime crept up the tiny wall crevices to reach its prey. As it devoured the bat its mass and size slowly grew. It continues its routine inside the dungeon's cave for days leveling up non-stop. 

<Monarch Slime> <LV. 5>

Skill:
<Resilience LV.3><Devour LV.5><Dominance Lv.2><Physical Resistance(small)>

Title:
<Conqueror?>

 

1