Chapter 2
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

WORLD 1 

Hecate woke up on a king-sized bed, still fuming about what had happened. Just when she was about to start cussing, the system immediately spoke up,[ The host is currently in a high school novel, and as the host is just a level 1 task taker, you are only allowed to fail a mission five times before your soul is destroyed, so please be careful. ]

[ A beginner's gift package has also been issued for the host. Will the host now like to receive the plot? ]

Hecate stood beside the bed as she scanned her location. She noticed a dresser with a mirror, and she immediately moved to the mirror. She picked up a skincare container from the top of the dresser and threw it at the mirror, causing it to shatter into pieces. The system was alarmed by this action, but before it could speak, Hecate had picked up one of the bigger shards and used it to slit her throat from her left carotid artery to the right one. Hecate immediately fell to the floor, bleeding out as blood no longer flowed to her brain, just before she passed out. The door to the room opened, and the person immediately shrieked at the scene. With this, Hecate failed her first task.

WORLD 2 

Hecate immediately woke up in a different place this time, which was a classroom on the fourth floor of a school building, standing at 7.2 metres. She immediately stood from her seat, causing the system and the whole class to react. [Host, please do not do anything drast.]

The system could not finish its words as Hecate had already run up to an open window and jumped out of it head first. Thus the second task comes to a failure.

WORLD 3 

This time around, Hecate woke up on a cruise ship.

[Host, would you please not do anything drastic this time? Committing suicide will not change the result. ] The system was completely ignored, and it could not help but feel that it was being treated unfairly as the decision was made by the administrator, making it unable to disobey. The system watched as his host ordered a bottle of wine through room service. Seeing this, the system thought that the host had finally calmed down. The wine arrived after two minutes. After the waiter delivered the wine, the host locked the door to the cabin and immediately broke the wine bottle. The system could only let out a resigned sigh as it watched the host slit her throat again, bringing the third mission to failure.

SYSTEM SPACE 

Hecate was now back in the system space where she first appeared after her death. After three consecutive failures, the higher-ups had to revise the missions to see if they were too difficult for a beginner. No problem seemed to be found after the tasks and task world were inspected, so the problem now had to lie with the task taker. Hecate's method of carrying out the task was inspected, and the problem was immediately spotted, as not only did she not carry out the task, she killed herself the moment she was brought to the task world. The higher-ups of the transmigration agency were in shock, as an incident like this had never occurred and could only be reported to the administrator.

1