Chapter 2: Extra’s Probability of Death (2)
52 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No, something has changed. The similarities are that I'm still a cripple, but now I don't have to worry about tomorrow's meal right now.

Surprisingly, there was a little bit of will to live.

"I never imagined this."' Do-hyun gulped and looked forward. The luxury sedan he was in was driving leisurely in the middle of Gangnam. A forest of tall buildings that seemed to pierce the sky brushed past the car window. 'I didn't expect to ride in a luxury sedan driven by a driver.'

It was a completely different ride from the bongos*(TL: see attachment: it is a type of vehicle) that were carrying laborers to a construction site.

However, the joy of being in a comfortable vehicle was short-lived.

The problem was who I was going to go see.

You're going to bring your son home right after his failed awakening surgery? Without giving him time to recover?

'He didn't even give me a chance to recover?'

I couldn't believe this was his attitude toward his son

Lee Cheol-joon. It was probably because of his order, as the owner of the house. In a chaotic world with dungeons and monsters, he was a person who stood tall by proving his abilities with only one weapon. People even called him Mu-gwang (武狂), a madman for martial arts.

'And it's also the cause of Lee Do-hyun's crookedness.'

Lee Chul-joon has a great obsession with martial arts.

And that obsession was directed not only to himself, but also to his children.

He did not hesitate to destroy many of his children and whipped them so they aim for high places.

Fortunately, 'Lee Do-hyun' did not die or become crippled.

It was a special case where he survived due to his lack of talent.

However, the public still pointed out his stupidity, as he had not even awakened as a player.

The paradox that he survived due to his lack of talent was a topic of discussion.

They scoffed at him saying that he was a dog-like child born under a tiger-like father

And as a result, Lee Cheol-joon pushed ahead with the awakening surgery, and even Lee Do-hyun was eventually abandoned.

"Young master."

Driver Kim spoke, waking up Do-hyun who was lost in thought

"Today, I will take you straight to the family head."

Do-hyun was quietly listening to Driver Kim's words.

This is because I missed the timing to answer back because I couldn't adapt to the title of young master.

Moreover, I was not familiar with this situation yet, so I didn't know what to say.

However, driver Kim could not have known Do-hyun's situation. It was weird for Dohyon to stay still.

He may have been worried about seeing the family head

But he was the one who called the same idiots every day and drank with women.

Since he was discharged from the hospital, he must have been itching to go to the club. However, Lee Chul-joon, the head of the house, was in a very bad mood due to the failed awakening surgery.

If I did something wrong, he would set me on fire

Driver Kim quickly made excuses.

"No, of course, since you are discharged from the hospital, you will want to celebrate with your acquaintances.

But now, you have to think about your body too, and considering the atmosphere of the family head…

"The atmosphere of the family head?"

"Yes. while you were in the hospital, we received new information from the blank wall."

I couldn't even say if the atmosphere was bad because of me, but Driver Kim turned away.

At that, Do-hyun turned and looked out of the car window.

In the middle of the city, not too far away, a white wall stood tall like a blank sheet of paper

It was an unrealistic sight. Suddenly, a light flashed through Do-hyun's eyes.

Wait, if I do well, I can make up for the failure of the surgery'

Judging by the fact that new information came in from a blank wall, it was likely the beginning of the novel

The information about the blank wall had not spread to the world.

Originally, it was a hidden quest that the main character, Cho Ja-hyun, had to break.

However, there was nothing to see in Do-hyun's eyes, who was about to die.

"He's the main character anyway." I don't care if I don't complete a quest like this.'

This is the world created by Dohyon. However, the main character is running on a solid road, and the original author himself is in a garbage situation who failed the awakening surgery.

Come to think of it, he was quite embarrassed.

Before he felt like a worm crawling through life

But now, he was in a situation where he could afford to be treated like a human being.

Even though the author's Father, is crazy about martial arts.

He couldn't continue to be trash like this.

"Do you have any information?"

Driver Kim, who confirmed that Do-hyun was looking at the blank wall, opened his mouth.

"It is said that the first system message appeared on the blank wall where there was no response."

Do-hyun smiled inwardly at the words. It was clear that no one had broken the blank wall quest.

"What's the data?"

"yes?"

Do-hyeon, who had used respectful words without realizing it, changed his words in a hurry. He hadn't gotten used to it yet.

At Dohyeon's respectful words, Knight Kim doubted his ears for a moment.

And he was even more surprised at Do-hyeon's request for data.

The sun must be rising from the west if that jerk was interested in dungeons and looking for information.

It was a bait that I threw to change the subject, but I didn't know it would bite me like this.

I couldn't understand why he was interested in this subject when his awakening surgery failed

"Well, I'll print the data out on that screen." Driver Kim manipulated the display installed inside the vehicle. Then, the display screen on the backrest of the passenger seat turned on.

<Event: Change of Blank Wall>

Rating: A

Classification: Exclusive

Restrictions: None

Details: As it has never been attacked by a player, detailed information is not yet available.

It was simply classified as a symbolic structure, but it was confirmed that the first system message was printed four days ago.

Do-hyun buried himself in the sheet with relief at the information that it had never been attacked.

No one has solved the secret about the Blank Wall.

Do-hyun crossed his arms and told driver Kim. "Turn the car around." "What?" Surprised driver Kim raised his voice. "Ha, but as I said before, the atmosphere of the family head...…."

"I'm not stupid enough to get me ignore him. Turn the car around as I say."

No. You've done such a stupid thing

He couldn't bear to say that, and driver Kim kept his mouth shut. I couldn't count how much I've suffered as a driver of that guy. But even if he was a jerk, he was the boss. I couldn't help but listen to his orders. The same was true this time.

Like last time, I had no choice but to crawl before my fists flew.

Do-hyun's face, speaking firmly, was seen in the mirror clearly.

Knight Kim told Do-hyon as if he was going to die.

"Yes, then where shall I take you?"

And the words that came out of Do-hyun's mouth were completely unexpected.

"The Blank Wall"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the game "The Dawn of the Dead" had started, In the world, various game devices have eroded reality.

The Blank Wall was also one of those devices

It appeared at the beginning of the appearance of dungeons & monsters, no one could uncover the secret of the wall.

The only place to get a quest or reward was the blank wall. Therefore, the blank wall was naturally left unattended by the player. Occasionally, it was featured in a mystery structure feature article or used as a material for individual videographers who post curious videos.

But that was not too long ago.

At the news that a system message appeared on a blank wall, not only individual video producers but also reporters flocked to it.

A luxury sedan came into the vicinity of a blank wall that was crowded with reporters.

People's eyes were focused on the sedan all at once.

It was not possible for a dog or a cow to drive a vehicle like that.

It was possible only for businessmen, politicians, and players, who are representative of the so-called successful people in this era.

However, there was no way for a businessman or politician to come to a place related to dungeons and monsters.

So, of course, the owner of the vehicle is…

"Is he a player?" "The most influential members and family heads have already come and gone" "Tsk, another man is going to die."

Reporters turned their heads again and looked at the blank wall.

They stood at a distance from the blank wall.

But it wasn't because they were afraid of the power of the influential members or family heads.

Bodies were scattered around the walls of the Blank Wall. They were players who challenged the blank wall quest and failed, suffered major internal injuries and died.

Unusually, some of the corpses left unattended burned with blue flames on their own.

As time passed, the flame did not go out.

Therefore, it was difficult to recover the corpses that caused the flames, so they were only removed once a day.

Fortunately, the unpleasant odour of the body burning did not come beyond a certain area. Nevertheless, journalists and other spectators were reluctant to go inside.

Meanwhile, in the car the reporters looked at, there was Do-hyun.

"Young master, we have arrived."

Driver Kim informed Do-hyon that he had arrived at his destination.

But Do-hyun was looking outside without even thinking of moving.

He was nervous to see reporters and bystanders camped near the blank wall.

It was expected, but the pressure was no joke when I faced the situation myself.

'Then why did you ask me to come here?'

Driver Kim shook his head as if he did not understand Do-hyun's thoughts.

Do-hyun, who was constantly swallowing, opened the refrigerator inside the vehicle and took out alcohol.

Then, without time for Driver Kim to dry the bottle, Do-hyun finished it

"Hoo, it's working." Do-hyun, who relieved his tension by drinking alcohol, looked grim.

He didn't get drunk easily, probably because Lee Do-hyun's body was already drenched in alcohol.

However, Driver Kim's expression was distorted in an instant.

'You bastard, you aren't going to do crazy things with reporters again, right?'

Driver Kim screamed silently

And it was then. Do-hyon opened the car door and went outside.

4