Side Story 1 – The Fated
191 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Staring at her from a distance made her even more appealing to him. From her smooth skin that had a shine to it, down to her cherry lips curving into a smile. She was perfect.

Sitting in a black sedan gazing at her was going to get him nowhere. He needed to make a move, and when he did it had to be perfect.

Something that would get her heart racing like in those romance movies. He had to make her want him tonight.

Brushing his black hair back, he thought of all the endless possibilities.

The woman at the counter paid for her drink as she got up from her seat. She turned and waved goodbye to her friend and walked out of the door.

As the wind blew by it swept her long brown hair with it. Her earrings sparkled as they were revealed.

He was drawn to her. She knew nothing of him, not even realizing he existed. Yet, he knew everything about her.

Her name was Olivia Wilson, she was eighteen this year. Two months prior she just graduated from the academy. Out of the thousand or so students in her division, she was ranked tenth. This might seem outstanding to some, but for him, it was not enough.

He personally would not have given her glance if not for the cause.

He casually glanced down at his phone. Reading through the different contacts he paused at one named Ulia. He turned off his phone instead.

It was a bad habit he always wanted to break. Wanting to call someone but suddenly retreating back. He only did it when something was going to happen.

Although what he was meant to do would not bear fruit until later, it was still a large step to the overall goal.

Olivia fits everything he needed a woman to have. One, a connection to an ancient family. Two, awaken her EXO ability that was linked to the Veil.

Only with a connection with the Veil could his plan be achieved. There were not many families that had abilities tied to it. Those that did either knew what they had or they did not. Her family was the latter.

Although he could find another person with the same two criteria, he could not find another one with the last. Which was, she needed to be on the verge of leaving behind everything.

Her family, her past life.

That would not be easy for anyone, let alone a young woman who just graduated.

He smiled as he watched Olivia cross the street. He opened the door and hopped out of the car.

The few people walking by threw a quick glance at him. With his black hair, and expensive clothing they figured he was some rich man. Especially stepping out of that expensive car.

A woman with heavy makeup stopped. She dug into her purse as she withdrew a small hand mirror. Making sure her looks were perfect, she strolled over towards him.

She moved smoothly. The sway of her hips drew the attention of the men. They could not keep their eyes off of her round plump bottom.

She saw him brush the dust off his sleeve and this was her chance.

Little did she know, he saw her approaching. He knew he'd draw someone in but he just did not know who.

She gave him a seductive smile that could cause any man's heart to skip a beat. In return, he gave her a charming smile.

"Hi there handsome."

Even her voice was seductive. He was disgusted. Her clothing was too revealing, she wore too much makeup and the way she eyed him like she snagged candy made him feel like he was sick.

Seeing him check her out, she knew that she had his attention.

"What's your name?"

She asked him curiously as she twirled her hair.

"What if I told you it was the Devil, would you believe me?"

He responded.

She laughed thinking he was playing around with her.

"No seriously, what is your name?"

She asked again as she slapped his shoulder lightly.

Instead of an answer, he gave her a smile.

She could not read his eyes. Usually, a man would focus on her breast, but he looked like he wasn't looking at her at all. It was as if she did not even exist in front of him.

She shook it off as just being her imagination.

He pointed off in another direction. For some strange reason her eyes followed. She saw a lone woman standing at a crossing.

"Hit her with this car."

He told her.

She furrowed her eyebrows, what sort of pick up game was this guy playing? She thought to herself as she took a step back slightly.

He might look rich, but she was getting all sorts of crazy vibes from him.

As she tried to turn her head away from him, she suddenly found her vision focused on his two red eyes.

Leaning in towards her ear, he ran his hand through her hair as he whispered in her ear.

He held out the keys to his car and she grabbed them.

Watching her get in, he could only grin as he glanced at his watch.

He began to slowly walk towards Olivia's direction.

☆☆☆☆☆

Olivia watched as the light turned. Finally, she could cross.

There was so much on her mind, she couldn't wait to get home and share it all with her sister.

Just thinking of that waiter or clerk whatever he was, had her shaking. He was so cute, and he had a way with words. It was like fate brought them together.

Her parents might be upset that she is not marrying the man they want her to, but this was better. It was a chance at a normal life.

All her life her parents pushed her to be good at using her ability. There was always a competitive competition within the family. Truthfully she wanted no part of it.

As long as she graduated within the top hundred would be granted one request. Hers was not to be sold off into another family. Now she could choose her own love life.

Olivia would have said she wanted to be normal, but that would not be accepted.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she did not even notice a car headed right at her.

"Watch out!"

A voice yelled out as someone yanked her back.

Olivia was stunned and her hands were shaking wildly. Her hazel eyes glanced up slowly towards her savor. It was a young man with black hair and black eyes.

The look he gave her caused her heart to skip a beat. She was not sure if that skip was due to almost losing her life or towards how attractive he was.

"Are you alright?"

He asked her as he leaned down a bit closer to check her out.

He was too close, it made Olivia blush slightly. She turned her face away from him, hoping that he would not see.

"Don't turn away, I need to check you out. Make sure you're alright, ok?"

Olivia listened to him as she turned her head back. Except maybe he was a bit too close as their lips brushed past each other. It was only a split second, but she felt a shock run through her body.

He laughed lightly as he let her go.

"I think it's the one who needs to be checked out. You're stunning… er, beautiful."

He told her as he scratched his cheek.

Olivia thought the way he did that was cute.

"Thanks for saving me…"

He held out his hand.

"Klyde Foster."

She brushed her long brown hair back as she shook his hand.

"Olivia Wilson."

"Well then Olivia, how about I walk you back home. Can't have you almost dying now can we?"

Olivia knew that it would not be the smartest idea to take his offer as she did not even know the guy. Yet, there was something about him that made her feel safe.

"I don't think that is a good idea, we barely know each other."

She struggled against herself as she declined. This was the right choice.

"Then how about a drink to ease your mind. We can get to know each other, afterward I'll ask you again. You might change your mind."

Olivia bit her lower lip. She could not take his offer, she was not even at the drinking age.

Klyde must have read her mind as the next words he spoke helped her make her choice.

"No alcohol, we can just drink tea."

He paused for a moment before he looked up towards the sky.

"Olivia, do you believe in fate?"

☆☆☆☆☆

The rain outside was soothing to the mind. The sound the droplets made was nice. Olivia rubbed her round belly as she laid in bed.

She grabbed her phone and went to her contacts as she called Klyde. It's been several months since they met, but just like he appeared he vanished just as fast.

She really wanted to meet him again, but he was not answering any of her calls.

Seeing that he did not answer this time either she threw her phone across the room and pouted. She suddenly felt a strong kick in her stomach as she groaned in pain.

"It's ok… it's ok, mommy is here."

Olivia said softly.

She flipped on the tv. It was to get her mind off of Klyde. Lately, he is all she could think about, especially as the due date got closer.

"Today we want to welcome Klyde Foster to the show. Thank you for joining us at such short notice, the work you are doing is tremendous."

Klyde who was on the screen grinned.

"Thanks for having me and I don't feel like I'm working. It actually feels like I'm just giving back what was lost. As an EXO user, I know that getting a job is fairly easy, however, for those who are normal citizens it might be different. The competition you have to compete against is relatively high. That is not the case anymore, I've opened up many companies and hospitals that will only hire normal citizens. Those eager for a job should apply today since spots are limited."

The broadcast went on and on.

Watching him talk she felt her blood boil.

"I hate you."

4