BlackCrown: The First Year (III) pt. 50
131 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pillars collapsed and the ground began to be covered with snow. As Iliana stepped foot on the stage, she felt a cold chill pass by her. The cold wind was real, but the snow was not. However, it felt real, due to the effects of the blue spheres logged in the walls of the stadium.

These spheres were of higher grade than the ones located at Demeter Academy.

Iliana felt the eyes of her competitors. They were staring at her, but it only lasted for a split second.

Unlike Fred who was not apart of one of the ten families, Iliana was. She built a reputation since she was young. She was recognized as one of the upcoming elites of her family. There was a powerful family behind her, and she had the skill to back her up.

It was unlikely they would look down on her.

While Iliana was confident in herself, she would not brag about it or try and provoke the others. She'd rather stay to herself and be the last one left.

Iliana examined her opponents, checking out their equipment and seeing if she recognize anyone. Their equipment was good, but hers was better.

Her katana has been with her for years. It was her partner, someone she could rely on in the deadliest situations.

Iliana saw three people she recognized, all the others she's did not remember them. It was hard to remember every single person, thus she only paid attention to the most prominent students.

She felt the hairs on her back stand up, it was like someone was glaring at her. The murderous intent was clear as day. Turning around, she squinted her eyes a little and saw who it was.

Long violet colored hair, purplish blue colored eyes. Iliana gave the girl a friendly smile, showing there was no need to be all hostile.

While the two of them were cousins, both were in line to be the next head of the family. Currently, Iliana's father was the leader, but in a few years time, he would have to pass on the throne to someone younger and in more shape.

Anyone in the family could take the position as long as you met certain requirements. In the Rose family, there was no set heir. The strongest person from the younger generation would become the next leader. It's been that way for a while now, and Iliana imagined it wouldn't change any time soon.

Iliana only looked at Violet for a second before she turned her attention back to her competitors.

The white-furred bunny was hopping around in a circle, it blended in with the white snow.

While Iliana wanted to pick the little bunny up and hug it, she knew she could not. At least not right now.

The bunny made her want her own pet, something which she did not have.

The timer on the screen reached zero, and the match started up. On the walls of the stadium was a green light. There was no way you could miss it.

Everyone dashed straight for the bunny. The little bunny did not seem worried at all, as right when someone was about to grab it. The bunny slipped past them and ran off into the distance.

It was not long before Iliana heard the sound of two weapons clashing against each other.

She ignored it and chased after the bunny, who was getting further and further away by the moment.

The lights stayed green for a long time, it showed no sign of changing colors. Iliana used this chance to speed up. She was being cautious at first, wanting to feel out what this game was really about.

Yet, her gut was telling her the sooner she ended this, the better it would be for her.

As she closed in on the bunny, someone appeared by her side. It was a young man with black hair. He rammed her, trying to knock her off balance. If it was not due to her skillful dodge, he would have succeeded.

Instead of her who was off balance, it was him instead. Due to the snow, everyone was already restricted in movement. Not to mention, Iliana could feel ice on the ground as well.

She almost fell due to it but managed to recover her footing before anything happened.

The walls changed from green to yellow, but it did not last as long as the green light did. Iliana counted to three and the yellow light was already replaced by a red one.

She saw the young black haired man still falling towards the ground, while the light was red.

Everyone else stood still as a statue, only he moved.

The blue eyed bunny stopped its movements and sensed something. It turned around and saw the black-haired young man falling towards the ground. The bunny grew in size, going from ten inches to twenty-five. Its white fur turned light blue, while its eyes were now white.

The speed of the rabbit had doubled, it appeared in front of the falling young man in almost an instant.

The rabbit attacked him, and he froze in place. It was weird to see him in a position one normally would never pause in.

Once the young man was frozen, the rabbit changed back into its other form. It began to hop around once more without any worry.

Iliana looked at the frozen young man, and then at the rabbit. She repeated this a few times as she was at a loss for words.

What sort of creature was this?

When the light turned green once more, no one made any movements. Everyone was scared of the rabbit, fearing it may come for them next.

There was a brave soul who took a step forward and saw that the rabbit did not come after them. That person gave courage to everyone else, and everyone moved towards the rabbit once more.

Iliana thought to herself, 'Best be careful not to slip.'

Her movements became slower than before, as she was more cautious this time around. She paid attention to her surroundings, making sure to steer clear of everyone.

It was better to attack right as the light turned green than start anything when you did not know when the light would change.

Last time, they chased the rabbit for five minutes before the light changed. She counted, that way she could calculate how much time she had to move around.

Yet, when four minutes past by the green light changed.

It was faster by a whole minute. She was not sure if the amount of time decreased the longer the match went on, or if it was random.

This time, no one was caught moving.

While Iliana was glad she did not mess anything up, she was hoping for someone to slip up.

The rabbit was hopping around and came close to one of the students. It was so close that the student could reach out and grab the rabbit, but since the light was red they could not move.

Iliana had a feeling that it was tearing that student up inside, they were a few inches away from the rabbit. How hard was it to have something you wanted placed right in front of you, but you could not have it.

While this caught her attention, something else drew it away. Two daggers were flying in the air, both headed straight for one of the students.

The student had no choice but to dodge out of the way.

Once he moved, the rabbit transformed and went straight for him. It did not take long before he was frozen in place as well.

Iliana felt a chill run down her spine as she eyed those two daggers hovering in the air. The students themselves could not move, but that did not stop someone from attacking.

A person who could control objects could take advantage of the red light. Attacking others while they could not defend themselves.

Iliana saw the sly grin on one of the males faces.

2