004 – Summons (1)
114 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first to react was Sylvia, raising a brow at Fiora's words. "A new class, is it? Considering you chose Daniel, who's an Assassin—"

"A Master Assassin." Xavier coughed, and Sylvia nodded in response before continuing,

"—you must be looking to combine the strength of both magical and physical ability, right?" Sylvia asked, seemingly curious.

Fiora nodded, it wasn't that hard to get that anyways. "That's the basic idea. Though the main point about it would be swordsmanship. Rather, I wanted to focus on it. Magic Swordsman sounds like a fun title after all." she said with a smile.

"The only problem in that case would be the material that the weapon will be made out of, something sharp and durable but also conducive for the flow of mana. The only one I can think off the top of my head would be adamantium but… that's not exactly feasible at this moment, is it?" Daniel said, 'They're like, extremely hard to find, not to mention incredibly rare around our Kingdom.' his thoughts appeared in Fiora's head, making her nod slightly,

'Unfortunately so. But it doesn't count it out for our wedding ring though! We'll have it as the ring, with the gem on top of it being Ruby.'

'Wedding ring already?' Daniel mentally sighed, 'I can agree with the idea but the gem could be better, how about Onyx?'

'Hmm…  how about the Dimensional Stone? It will be even more useful with the adamantium base, we'll be able to warp to each other effortlessly.' Fiora suggested, considering the effects of the adamantium ring base.

'Well, let's think about that for later, though using a dimensional stone does sound like a good idea.' Daniel replied.

Fiora's mother, Sylvia, actually smiled and shook her head. "No, there's something even better than adamantium."

Those words took them by surprise, Fiora especially so, "Something better? You don't mean—"

"Orichalcum. The metal blessed by the Gods." Sylvia nodded, "It might surprise you, but although adamantium is certainly difficult to find around our region…" she started, turning to Venn to continue,

Venn nodded, "Orichalcum is surprisingly common… but that's not something most people would know. Only the five main dukedoms—or should I say inner dukedoms—know about this secret. Even still, acquiring orichalcum is rather difficult, you'll have to gain the permission of either his majesty the King or her majesty the Queen for that."

"Orichalcum huh…" Xavier raised a brow at this idea, "Well, that'll be for later, the two of you can make do with Starmetal for the time being. Though, you'd both have to train in your respective weaknesses for now."

Fiora and Daniel nodded, they certainly weren't planning to do so anytime soon. This was mostly just an idea. Fiora didn't really think much of it for the time being, since she really just wanted an excuse to somehow be proficient in melee combat and use Daniel's experiences for herself.

It may have been selfish, but she really didn't enjoy the fact that Daniel was free to use advanced magic no questions asked (at least for the moment) and she couldn't dash around the forest or flip someone over with her own strength.

It was starting to annoy her greatly.

'Calm down now, you've got your wish, didn't you? Though I do have to wonder how we're going to handle sparring sessions between each other, considering everything…' Daniel's thoughts came to her, making her pause as well.

'... oh. You're right. Hm, I'm not really sure either…' Fiora started to realize just how awkward sparring sessions against each other would be. They're basically the same person, how do you fight yourself?

Well, they can fight themselves, but the main question there would be how would that even work? To make it look even remotely realistic in the first place, they'd have to act it out, ruining the entire point of a spar. And if they were to go all out…

They'd just end in a stalemate. Either that or Daniel wins because he's a Master Assassin and she's a Sage so she can't just deflect his attacks with his own techniques applied by her.

And it gets even worse now that they're planning to be in the same class…

Suddenly someone snapped their fingers in front of her—no, wait, that was on Daniel's end—making them flinch.

Olivia, Daniel's sister, raised a brow as she looked at the two of them, "You two seemed to be deep in thought, is something the matter?" she asked them both, having noticed how both Fiora and Daniel flinched at the same time.

"Ah that's…" Daniel frowned, furrowing his brows,

"It's nothing. I had just realized how complicated this would actually be… there're a lot of things to keep in mind just to make this feasible in the first place." Fiora muttered, absentmindedly eating her food. "Right, I suppose we will have to leave that for later." Fiora then turned to her mother, "Oh, mother, I wanted to know what happened to the Sigurd twins? I'd been able to remove the possession magic from them, but I'm not really sure how they turned out in the end." she asked, mostly to change the subject, but also partly because neither she nor Daniel were confident of their attempt at re-attaching their souls into their body.

Light Magic was tricky after all. Well, manipulating the metaphysical world itself was already complicated enough so they didn't push for too much.

'Right, we probably messed up the connection of some of their memories.' Daniel's thought reached her own, 'At best, I could say I did a… 70-80% restoration?'

'Same here, though I do hope that we didn't mix their memories up somehow either, that's my real worry.' Fiora thought, considering the complications of her and Daniel's own… metaphysical link of sorts.

Soul link, perhaps? No, they couldn't quite say that, after all they were still somewhat distinct from each other through their souls—but the line has started to blur for a while now, where Daniel ends and where Fiora starts, it was starting to get difficult.

Whatever the case, at least they still had control over their own bodies.

"Ah, yes, those two…" Sylvia furrowed her brows as she placed down her fork, "I'm surprised that you were able to save them to that extent, Fiora."

Fiora blinked, "What do you mean, mother?"

Sylvia stared at her for a moment, before sighing and shaking her head, "No, nothing. It's just that the capabilities you have shown so far has been rather remarkable—no, to be more accurate, extraordinary. I don't think it'll take long before you surpass me eventually." she said, laughing, "You don't have to worry about them anymore, I was able to stabilize their condition so it won't take long before they wake up. Though they will take a long while to recover, the Red Star hasn't treated them very well, it seems." she muttered the last part, sighing.

Fiora and Daniel frowned at that. Not treating them well was an understatement. They were abused, tortured, and… just thinking about what they were able to gather from the twins' memories made them shudder. Minerva especially had it bad… not that Azeroth was treated better.

To put it lightly, it made them wonder how their body still seemed fine even after all that. Healing Magic would have had a large role to play in that, but… the trauma will be there.

Neither Daniel nor Fiora wanted to see them suffer even after they were saved. Much as the two of them had joked about the possible relationship they'll have with the twins, they didn't want to just leave them alone after seeing what they'd been through.

'... we should stay by their side for now, at the very least.' Daniel's thoughts reached her,

'Of course. It would be cruel of us to just leave them alone after everything. Though we don't really have an obligation to… they have no family left. I can take them into my house at the very least.' Fiora thought, 'And I doubt your sister would mind having another sibling, wouldn't she?'

'No, she'd be more than happy to, really.' Daniel seemed to laugh mentally. 'Even then, that's not the main problem here, is it?'

Fiora sighed mentally, 'Indeed. My mother should have been able to see the situation through their memories, overall, it's really worrying.'

'We won't be able to do anything about it at the moment, however, so we'll just have to see. Well, we should prepare for the worst case scenario just in case.'

'Mhm.'

The dinner passed by without much of a commotion after that, some discussion was made on the supposed engagement between Fiora and Daniel, and considering there was no opposition to the idea from anyone but only eager to proceed with it, the agreements and such were handled swiftly. Rather, Venn, her father, suddenly pulled a bunch of papers out of nowhere and their parents went off to sign the respective papers and they were basically married now.

Well, engaged, really, but unlike most other nobles, neither of them had any restrictions on what they could do with each other (something that made Fiora quite happy, and Daniel rather worried) so it was more accurate to say they were married. The engagement announcement would be held in a few weeks so they still had time before the official arrangement actually comes up. That being said, however, Fiora was not going to let any other girl get on with Daniel, he was hers and hers alone.

… not that Fiora can stop him from having friends, but he can only love her and only her, and that was something that Daniel accepted, albeit in an exasperated manner.

"Well, I suppose we should let the children leave for now." Sylvia smiled, turning to both of them and Olivia, "Fiora, you can… well, to put it in Venn's words, 'have your way' with Daniel, but don't keep him to yourself for too long at the moment, Olivia will be going with the two of you after all. We still have much to talk about with Lord and Lady Edelgard." she said, sending them off,

Olivia blinked at this before her brows shot up, "Ah! Right, I almost forgot something…" she then went up to her father, Xavier, and whispered something to him while handing over a letter she pulled out of thin air in a puff of violet smoke.

'A letter to Dark Moon?' Daniel thought, 'Wait, if it was given to Olivia, then…'

'From the capital? For a message to be handed directly to Olivia to deliver to her father… I think it's the Royal Family.' Fiora concluded. After all, the only people who would send a letter through such an unorthodox method would be them.

The other Duchies wouldn't be able to do such a thing, their only way would be through Sandro, the head butler of the Eldegard.

'Doesn't sound like good news.' Daniel saw his father's eyes narrow with a frown, before he started to whisper back to Olivia while glancing at Daniel specifically. '... Uh oh.'

'... I am not going to let you just leave me here, Daniel. I can't let you go to the capital if you don't take me. Who knows what that princess might do to you…' Fiora thought darkly, 'If she ever tries to touch you—'

'Why are you focusing on that all of a sudden?! It's not guaranteed that the princess would even like me in the first place!'

'Oh please, Daniel, have you seen the looks that those noble girls have been giving you? Actually, I could even see a few women looking at you with an almost predatory gaze lately! You're too handsome for this world, so if I want to make sure that nobody else lays a hand on you, then I have to be there to stake my claim.'

'Stake your claim?'

'What? If you don't want that, then you can just let me give you a hickey and the message would be clear from that point on.'

'NO! Fiora what the fuck?!'

'I just have to mark you somehow, no need for anything else. Though I am looking forward to the future where we—' Fiora couldn't continue her train of thought as Daniel suddenly stepped on her foot, making her glare at him, 'What are you doing?'

'Getting your mind out of the clouds!' Daniel glared at her in turn, shaking his head, though Fiora could still see (and feel) the slight blush on his face, making her smirk slightly, 'FIora!'

'What is it darling? Can't handle the heat of my love? The passion too much for you? If you can't handle that then I'm just going to—' Fiora's smirk widened as she stomped on his foot as well, something he couldn't dodge because Fiora knew that he was going to try and dodge it and he can't hide his thoughts from her, just like how she can't hide her thoughts from him.

Daniel grit his teeth while glaring at Fiora, 'You want to play this game huh?' he thought, retaliating with his foot once more even though both of them knew that this wasn't going to get them anywhere, 'Take this!'

Fiora narrowed her eyes, this time using magic to counteract his foot, but since he knew it was coming, he just countered that as well by also using magic. The two of them got so into their game that they didn't notice that the people around them were now staring at them weirdly.

Before their actions could go too far, however, Sylvia coughed loudly and froze them both in place with a spell. She had an exasperated smile on her face as she shook her head, "You two…"

'Oh shit/fuck.' Fiora and Daniel thought at the same time as they looked at their parents.


Olivia Eldegard crossed her arms as she observed the pair before her, no matter how she looked at it, the two of them were literally just staring at each other right now. Blinking every now and again. Slight changes in their expressions came about in intervals, and yet, no sound or hand gestures were being made between either of them.

For one, she was familiar with this sort of scene with her own brother, but she didn't think that there would be another one who would seem to share that weird trait. More than that, someone who seemed to understand what he seemed to be thinking about.

As Daniel's older sister, she couldn't help but feel just a bit betrayed to see such a deep bond between her little brother and Adrian's little sister, Fiora Indentia.

It was just unfair.

But she can't really do much about it, nor did she really want to, because the pair just looked so cute! It was like the two were in their own little world where everything that mattered was just each other. It was incredibly romantic… if not disgustingly so. But, like she said, she wasn't complaining. Seeing Daniel like this was already a treat for her in and of itself, her little brother found his soulmate after all!

Well, although she liked watching it and all, just being on the sidelines and watching them have some sort of wordless conversation with each other really made her feel quite awkward. Like a foreigner watching two locals talk to each other. Olivia felt left out.

But… she didn't want to interrupt either. A frown made its way to her face as she leaned back on her seat, this time looking up at the light red chandelier, making the theme of the interiors here far too obvious if anyone sees the Indentia. The color scheme of everything around was almost a pinkish red of sorts. Something that was indicative of the Indentia lineage.

Bright red hair that ranged all the way from maroon to pink… with the darker shades tend to appear on the men, and the lighter shades leaning more towards the women of the family. 

This castle certainly seemed to have a lot more life compared to what they had in the Eldegard Manor… but that was mostly deliberate.

Whereas the Indentia, the family of Knights and Sages, operated in the light, their main goal towards the betterment for all life in the Kingdom, in contrast to that, the Eldegard, the family of Assassins and Dark Sages, operated in the shadows, their main goal towards the control of the darkness and death that surrounded the Kingdom.

The light, and the dark.

The Grandmaster Sage Sylvia Indentia of the Magic Tower, and Grandmaster Assassin Xavier Eldegard of the Dark Moon… and now, the cycle will perpetuate again with their generation.

But… Olivia turned her gaze back onto the pair before her, watching as the two of them seemed to play around with combining their magic with each other, Light Magic and Dark Magic mixing together… For these two, it seemed as though they were going to create a different path.

They were going to break—no, reshape the mold that bound the Seven Powers in the Kingdom of Levaria.

And it would first start with them creating this new class—actually no, rather than new… it was more like they were going to revitalize what was once lost to time. The Magic Swordsmen of the past… The ones that ruled and dictated the balance of the land… The Abraxas Eternae.

The light and dark magic in between their hands fizzled out and combined for a moment—but before it could get anywhere, it was destroyed.

It dissipated into nothingness, as the two elements destroyed and devoured each other.

Olivia could only smile at that. These two were certainly ambitious… but she knew that with their abilities, they'd certainly be able to achieve Abraxas someday.

"Hmm… guess we can't just brute force them together like that." Fiora murmured, placing a hand on her chin.

Daniel shrugged, "We can't hope for too much. For the most part, it was just an experiment anyways. We'll have time to work on it later. Doesn't matter if it's a failure for now." he said, crossing his arms, then he suddenly looked at Olivia. "Ah, right. Sister, what did you talk about with father? He seemed to look at me while you were talking."

Olivia let out a breath, a small smirk on her face, "Wouldn't you like to know, little brother? You want to go to the capital with your big sister?"

Daniel blinked, "Really? Can I?" he asked, eyes wide, though Olivia could sense that he was mostly pretending to be surprised, making her roll her eyes at him.

"You already know." Olivia sighed, "Why are you even pretending at this point?" Daniel just laughed awkwardly at that, scratching the back of his head, "Well, I just need you to come with me to the capital, nothing too big. Oh, and before you ask, Fiora, you have my word that I won't let any girl have her way with your darling Daniel over here." she said to Fiora with a grin.

Fiora looked as though she was about to open her mouth but then she nodded after Olivia said her promise. "Well, I suppose that'll have to do. At the very least, I can trust in sister-in-law to protect my darling's chastity." she smiled,

"W-What?!" Daniel nearly choked at that, looking at Fiora incredulously, "Fiora!"

Fiora just rolled her eyes, "Don't be such a prude, appreciate a girl who's willing to do this much for her man, will you? Or… are you telling me there's something else you want me to fulfill for you?"

Daniel looked at her with a deadpan, before sighing. He stood up and then went towards Fiora, who started to blush as he got closer, her eyes widening as he did. He leaned down towards her and… suddenly their lips met.

Olivia blinked rapidly at the sudden turn of events.

… were 13-year olds like this nowadays? She really didn't know, but it made her concerned for the future of her little brother and soon-to-be little sister-in-law.

Olivia quickly shook her head and watched as Daniel separated from Fiora and went back to his seat, crossing his arms at Fiora… who was now blushing profusely with her hands on her mouth. Fiora suddenly stood up and pointed a finger at Daniel, "You—! I'll get back at you for this!" she sputtered out, still blushing a crimson red, practically copying the shade of her hair, before she ran off into the corridors…

Olivia just watched this all happen before sighing as she turned to Daniel, "She's going to take revenge on you for that."

"Oh she will." Daniel nodded, looking the least bit concerned,

"... and you'll probably be in an even worse state than what you've put her in by that time." 

"Oh I will."

"... and you're not concerned?" Olivia raised a brow at him, wondering why he did it in the first place.

Daniel grinned, "Because she wanted a kiss on the lips in the first place."

Olivia was glad that Daniel was her brother, because that damned smile he'd just flashed right there would be enough to make any woman fall for him. Briefly calming herself down, she frowned at him.

"Right then," Olivia started with a short exhale, "You'll be coming with me tomorrow to the capital. We're not taking the airship for this one, because we have many things to take care of along the way."

"We?" Daniel blinked, "What sort of mission were you given that required me to move with you? You're a Dark Sage already after all…" he muttered the last part, narrowing his eyes, but it didn't go unnoticed by her.

"It's actually related to what we've encountered at the party," Olivia explained, "I've been sent to investigate the situation in Lainei and await further orders there before heading back to the capital."

"Lainei… Baron Aerza's Territory?" Daniel was surprised, "Isn't that by the border of The Vordune Empire?" he asked with a frown on his face.

Olivia nodded, it certainly wasn't sounding like an easy mission so far, so she understood his reaction. "Yes, there've been a sudden surge in monster attacks near the Empire and Queen  Anivia wanted to make sure that our Kingdom will be safe." she explained, pausing for a moment, "As to why I also need a Master Assassin like you…" she glanced around the room and discreetly cast a silencing barrier around them, disrupting any information-gathering magic around them. 

When she was done, Olivia turned back to Daniel who had a serious look on his face, ready to listen to her words.

This would be his first mission, wouldn't it? At least, his first mission as a Master Assassin… and just like the job entails, it wasn't going to be an easy one for them. In fact, this mission actually carried an amount of risk to it… but that was their duty. As descendants of the Shadow Legion, the leaders of the Dark Moon.

"The Royal Family suspects that this might be the actions of a Blood Lord. Rather, meeting the Red Star's assassins only further confirms this. And for this mission especially, I'm going to need you with me now more than ever…" Olivia sighed then, slightly reluctant to bring her brother into this, but this was a matter of the Kingdom's future, and she couldn't be selfish. Especially not when he will eventually have to deal with this even if she tried to do it on her own. She didn't intend to use the letter's decree to summon her brother alongside her at first, but with the situation being this dire, she couldn't risk anything.

And so, she stood up and pulled out a scroll in a puff of violet smoke, rolling it in front of her to face Daniel. His eyes widened as he saw the letter, immediately kneeling in respect to the scroll in her hands.

"As his majesty the King Zarion has decreed upon this scroll, Daniel Eldegard, son of Xavier Eldegard, you are hereby summoned to investigate the matter of the Monster Outbreak near the outskirts of the Aerza Barony, and, should there be any signs of our enemies, tasked to eliminate and gain information from them." Olivia declared, her voice full of authority.

Daniel lowered his head, "I will oblige with his majesty's summons." he replied, accepting his duty.

The scroll disintegrated into light as it floated towards Daniel, coalescing into a mark on his left hand. The mark of a seeker, red glowing eyes.

It shone for a few moments more, before it disappeared, his hand being clear once more.

Olivia smiled at this, though she felt slightly bitter about it, considering the first time she'd been bestowed that mark was when she was 14… then again, her brother has always been special.

She wouldn't have it any other way.

"Congratulations little brother, you're now a seeker." Olivia chuckled as she watched him curiously activating the mark, showing the mark glowing above his hand again. "You probably shouldn't tell your fiancee about this, she might hold it against you."

Daniel just looked at her and shook his head with a smile, "Even if I don't tell her, she'll find out eventually."

Olivia frowned at that.

Considering Fiora's ability as a Sage and the fact that she seemed all-too-familiar with Daniel…

She shuddered, trying not to think about it.

Not even she, as a Dark Sage, would be able to stop her from snooping into this—wait, she likely already knows.

Olivia just sighed, what was the point of her using a silence spell then?!

This generation just didn't make sense at all!

No… that's not it… These two just didn't make sense at all!


... yeah this took a while. Don't worry, I should be back to some sort of consistent upload rate again? I'm not sure, I'll have to see how stable my writing will be since I also have Unwavering to write. I should be alternating between this story and that other one at that point so yay.

1