Chapter 3
2k 2 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day after moving in, I woke up in my soft bed, having had a good night's sleep. It was so comfortable and warm that I didn't want to get up at all until I remembered what kind of ass I was in right now. 

Unfortunately, all yesterday's events were not a dream and I really found myself in a new and potentially dangerous world.

- Ugh… - I sighed in disappointment as I got out of bed. 

The clothes were still clothes, and judging by the position of the sun, I slept for about twelve hours, which means that in the worst case, the transformation lasts at least twelve hours, which is not bad.

Putting on my sneakers and jacket, I went outside and idly noticed that during the night, the barrier lost 5% of the Ethernano. This means that the barrier will last another 60 hours. Not bad. I did not expect that 30% of my energy would be enough to maintain the barrier for three days. 

Using "Transformation", I created a wooden bench out of the earth, which I immediately sat down to have a great view of the approaching dawn. 

As the sun began to wake up, I enjoyed this wonderful view and at the same time considered my current situation and began to think about what to do next. 

After some thought, I decided that it was too early to leave the forest. I still don't know very well what's going on. With all the confusion that was going on in my head, I decided that it was too early to move on and that I first needed to know myself and find answers to at least some of the questions I had. 

Until I leave the forest, I won't know what kind of world is this. Although my Magic definitely alludes to Fairy Tail, that doesn't prove that I'm in this world. After all, the same "Black Clover World" can be a viable option. 

Because these two worlds have similar energy sources. And here and there, mages, in order to receive magical energy, absorb it from the atmosphere, as I do now. And such Magic as mine can, in principle, exist in Black Clover. The only thing is, I don't have a grimoire, but maybe I just need to get one yet. 

And this is just one world that comes to my mind as an option, and there are a lot of them. But for now, I'll think I'm in the world of Fairy Tail.

It is also unknown how I ended up in this world and why I do not remember anything personal from a past life. Although, so that these questions do not powder my head, I decided to stick to the theory of the usual Isekai. 

That is, I died in the former world, met some God, got a chance for reincarnation and ended up in another world. (It seems that without any gifts and wishes, since I would hardly wish for such Magic, although I like it.) Most likely, it is. 

As for memory. The fact that I have at least some knowledge and memories is already a blessing. It would be much worse if I knew absolutely nothing. And so, if this is still the "Fairy Tail World", or any other that I know, I already get a huge advantage in knowing about future events, even if I'm in the past for several centuries, for example. (By the way, I seem to have a perfect memory.) 

When I know the world and time, I can create many plans that will give me different benefits, and possibly a chance to get more powers.

Power... Yes... 

What my knowledge of different stories has taught me is that that such worlds are not safe and there is always some looming crisis. And to survive it, I need more strength. I don't want to die, I'm sure of that. 

As for personal memories, my intuition, directly with a good obscenity, screams so that I don't get into it. And what I should trust is my intuition. Apparently in my past, something really terrible happened that I should not know about. And if this is so, then I will try not to think about it anymore and live a new life in this world. 

A clean slate in the wizarding world and a new life that I can build myself is much better than a dirty rag that my past life could have been. It's best not to come back to this. What else really gnaws at me is my new body. I don't know the origin of 'Nathaniel Drake', who knows who he was. Was he at all? 

Quite possible, that this is a newly created body, especially for me. This is confirmed by the fact that I woke up in the middle of nowhere, completely naked and in a crater from a fall, and without the memory of this body. Also, when I previously examined my body, I did not find any moles or scars, as if the body was really just that from the 'factory'. 

If there was no navel, I would really think that I am artificial. For now, I'll stick with this theory. But I will always remember that this may not be true and somewhere in this world this body has its own history. 

Actually, if I had some elemental magic and confirmed that it was Fairy Tail, I would think that I am the new Dragon Slayer who was sent to the future along with Natsu and the others. Too similar to my entry into the world. And what, the Slayers woke up in the wilderness, one by one, and even at different times. 

The only thing, I was without clothes, but maybe they burned down or something. But this is just a joke, nothing confirms this yet. 

Now the most important thing is that I should forget about the past (even if I don't remember it), start a new life here, get used to my Magic and body, and get to know myself. 

Having solved this, I felt as if a stone had fallen off me, and it became much easier for me. Apparently, I myself did not notice how much I was loaded with all this. In general, it is surprising that I was so calm yesterday, but apparently not as calm as I thought. 

Now, I have at least some direction and a rough plan, apparently, this is enough to move on. And now, I need to eat the remaining meat, and get some fruit, and that is, meat alone is not comme il faut. After sitting for a couple more minutes until dawn was over, I began to cook the meat, first thawing it with Magic. 

And so, when I was cooking the meat, a thought came to my mind. I still haven't seen my appearance. This must be corrected. Having created a full-length mirror from the earth, I finally saw my new face. 

And I must say, I was lucky. Coupled with long, lush, blue hair and a muscular body, I had a beautiful face, with a sharp chin, high cheekbones and a straight nose. The eyebrows, like the hair, were blue in color, and were sharp and thin like a sword. I looked to be about seventeen years old. Maybe a little less.

In general, I was pleased with what I saw. What caught my attention the most was my eyes, which had a deep purple color. In fact, they seem to shine a little. 

- Purple, yes… I kind of remember reading somewhere that people with purple eyes are destined to become Rulers, Emperors, or Sovereigns. It's a sign, that a person is endowed with a noble destiny... I like it. - I said aloud, admiring my face. 

By the way, thanks to the mirror, I was finally able to see how my left eye changes when I use Light Écriture. Like Freed, my whole sclera becomes one color, in Freed's case purple, and in mine gold, and the eye itself remains without a badge and takes on a different color, in Freed's case dark purple, and bright white in mine. Pretty awesome. 

Having finished frying the meat, and having eaten it, I decided that it was possible to advance into the forest in search of provisions. After that, I will return and begin to develop my Magic in order to better understand it and become stronger. 

I think a month is enough to gain enough self-confidence and it will be possible to leave the forest. 

- Well, let's see what this new world will show. - I said, with a confident smile, entering the forest. 

Not forgetting to cast a shield spell on yourself, confidence is confidence, but you should not be a fool. And a healthy paranoia never hurts.

 **** 

In the end, it's been two weeks. And today is the day I decided to leave the forest. This time was enough for me to get used to Magic and to know all the possibilities of my body, as well as to put my mental health in order.

In fact, the more I used Magic, the better I got. I literally improved by leaps and bounds. In just two weeks, I've turned the spell casting process into a reflex that only takes a second, maybe less. This is very fast progress and I am satisfied. And the reserve has grown significantly, by almost 10%.

I also spent many hours creating various spells that just came to my mind for a variety of situations. I kept increasing my repertoire so that I would have an answer for every possible situation. Many of the new spells I've tested through forest trips, where I've gained some combat experience fighting B and A Rank Magical Creatures, and even one S Rank. 

To be honest, I thought it would be scary and difficult. Especially the first time. But nothing like I did not blunder and had a great fight and never made a mistake. Didn't even get a scratch. 

When I started the fight, I constantly moved to avoid being an easy target and attacked the creatures in a timely manner, with the help of suitable spells. In fact, it turned out that I can fight. No, not like that, I can hand-to-hand fight like a real Martial Artist, which even Shaolin monks would envy. 

I don't know where I got such skills from, I didn't even remember about them until they were useful to me in a real battle, when I was suddenly attacked by a C-Rank Shadow Panther, and I didn't take into account to cast a spell, but instead reflexively literally scored it to death.

It seems that all martial skills have been integrated into my body on a subconscious level. And combat experience, too, apparently, that's why I felt so good in combat. All this added to my list of oddities, which I noticed from day one. 

Basically it was the skills that I kind of shouldn't know as an otaku (I should have, with all my knowledge) and that I discovered in the process. For example, the ability to recognize the time by the sun, fight hand-to-hand, hunt, hide one's presence, etc. 

All this, of course, came in handy for me and I'm not complaining, but it's rather strange when, taking a knife in my hand, I cut vegetables like a professional chef and don't even notice it. But in two weeks I got used to it, and almost do not pay attention to it. 

Another oddity is my physical strength. I'm abnormally fast, strong, agile and hardy. According to my observations, at least in my body the strength of five adult men. I can easily lift more than two tons, run at a speed of more than two hundred km / h, and much more that no normal person can do. 

When I found out about my wild physical strength, I was not even surprised anymore. Too many strange things have happened in recent days, so I took it for granted. 

And so, today, the 15th day since I woke up in the crater. It's early in the morning and I've decided it's time to get out of here.

--------------------------------------

For support and more chapters - pa*treon.com/nanutov55

68