Chapter 10
1.6k 3 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'I can't believe it worked.' - I thought, looking at the corpse of that bastard. 

Of course, not everything went perfectly, but it turned out well. There were too many variables in this fight. I didn't even know if my anti-demonic flame would work, but it looks like my Magic can still mimic something like that. 

And in general, if Larcade had not been playing from the very beginning, but seriously wanted to kill me, I would have lost quickly. But fortunately, all such characters are extremely arrogant and only become serious when it's too late.

It's good that I did not rely on my natural resistance to Larcade's Magic and put on a protective cover. At the very least, he definitely protected me from the second Magic.

I must not forget today's experience. My over-cautiousness in combat, early planning and back-up plan helped a lot. I didn't even use 'Light' in the end. Although I was ready for it.

It's good that I more or less thought everything out in advance and remembered everything about Larcade. It will be necessary later, when I am in a calm environment, to begin to think over a plan to fight the strongest Mages in the world. It won't be redundant. Good thing I have a great memory. To summarize everything that happened, the fight went very well.

'Only... my nose hurts.' - I thought as I touched my broken nose. 

- And you had to hit with such force? - I asked a question that no one could answer. 

If I didn't know that at any moment I can teleport away from here to hell, I would not even try to fight. But, I have something to be proud of. It turns out I'm still that strategist. I came up with such a chic plan and executed it, albeit partially. I killed the objectively strongest demon of this world (after all, E.N.D. did not really show himself like that) with a really frightening Magic. 

If Larcade went to other worlds, he could cause problems for so many strong personalities. Even Superman would be in trouble, especially with his vulnerability to Magic. 

But I'm completely new to Magic and this is the first time I've fought someone so strong. Although everything went according to plan and I managed to deceive Larcade many times, but it was mostly luck and good knowledge of my opponent. 

And in general, show me a reincarnator who would fight with a dude who is in the top ten of the strongest in the world, in the first month of their arrival. Even absolute OP's usually don't get into this shit.

- Eh… - I breathed, saddened by my fate. 

Okay, I need to get out of here quickly. Most likely due to a spell, but at the moment of Larcade's death, I literally saw his Book turn to dust. And this is a definite death for him. 

When Zeref notices this, he will definitely not be happy. I hope Zeref has no way of knowing who killed his demon. I certainly don't think that Zeref will be looking for the killer in a frenzy and seek revenge. But I killed his useful tool, he definitely won't be happy. I need to get out of here as soon as possible. 

'But first….' - I thought as I started to cancel all the spells that were still active, except perhaps the spell for the accelerated replenishment of Ethernano.

- Uff…. - I sighed quite a bit. 

During the fight, I cast dozens of protective and concealment spells on myself, I never thought that it would be so difficult. And yet, the Container, due to the afterburner mode, is literally bursting with tension and it feels like my heart is constantly being squeezed. Very unpleasant. 

But now it is impossible to turn off this spell, since I am practically empty. All the Ethernano went to the last spell. I have to wait at least five minutes so that I have enough energy to fly away from here. 

- And what to do with you? - I said aloud, looking again at Larcade's body. 

I expected his body to just disappear, but here he is. And even the hand is lying somewhere nearby. Although Larcade looked bad now. A grimace of pain on his face, his eyes faded and his entire skin turned dark gray, and his hair turned completely white. 

In a good way, I need to destroy his body with the help of anti-demonic flame. But... It's not every day that the body of the strongest Etherias falls into your hands. It might come in handy somewhere. But…. It's pretty stupid to take evidence with you. Who am I kidding though, I won't forgive myself if I just destroy Larcade's body.

- Eh… My greed will destroy me. - I said to myself, and using a telekinesis spell, I moved Larcade's body and hand closer to me. 

I don't want to risk touching his corpse just yet. You never know there is some kind of muck there, as a last resort against the enemy. 

After removing the ring, I telekinetically brought it to Larcade's body and placed it in the inner space. I hope no one finds it there. 

Rising to my feet, I cast a spell and raised my hand to my face, saying: "Light Écriture: Healing."

 *Crunch* 

It was the sound of a nose snapping into place.

- Oh… it hurts. - I screamed and rubbed my cured nose. 

It seems that because of the adrenaline, I did not notice how out of order my face was. After cleaning my face and clothes of blood with a spell, I used another spell that cleared the battlefield of all possible traces that Larcade and I had left. 

I don't want my blood to get into Zeref's hands. You never know what this lunatic will do to her. After waiting a few more minutes for the Container to be almost full, I finally canceled the accelerated replenishment spell. 

- Ugh… - I couldn't hold back a sigh of relief. 

The tension I've been feeling for the last hour is finally gone. But there is no pain. My Container seemed to be pulsing and was clearly unhappy with what had happened. It's good that he is completely intact and there is no damage. 

On a good note, I shouldn't use magic for at least a couple of days. And the afterburner mode should not be used for at least another month. But I need to get out of here. 

Larcade, of course, is still a hermit, but sooner or later the Spriggans will notice that he is gone. Well, if it is as late as possible. But I might be unlucky and Zeref had already noticed that Larcade's Book had been destroyed and right at that moment he had already started my search. 

Let's hope Zeref put all his Etherias Books away and doesn't check them. I want to get out of here as soon as possible. I don't need another fight like this. 

After checking the battlefield one last time and making sure that there were no traces left, I took to the sky and flew. But this time I changed my destination.

I decided to ignore the desert city I wanted to visit before the battle and went straight to Vistarion. I need to leave the Empire as soon as possible. Otherwise, I'm sure I'll find someone else dangerous. Next time it might not be so easy. In order to get to the capital of the Empire faster, I also activated the acceleration spell to fly three times faster. 

With this, I can fly the remaining 4,500 kilometers to the capital in just ten hours. Of course it will be much more expensive, but now is not the time to worry about it. Also, do not forget about the spell of hiding Magic. 

If I hadn't spared Ethernano and applied it earlier, Larcade wouldn't have noticed me and the battle could have been avoided. I'm not some kind of combat maniac who craves battle. If it's possible not to fight, I'd rather not fight. 

Having risen to a height of four hundred meters, to be sure, and accelerating to the maximum, I flew to Vistarion.

***

*An hour after Drake left*

In a calm looking clearing, where a short battle had previously taken place, resulting in the death of the Third Spriggan of the Alvarez Empire and the strongest Etherias, Larcade Dragneel, a man suddenly appeared.

It was a young guy, about twenty years old. His hair and eyes were black, and his handsome face had a serene expression. He was dressed in black clothes with gold trim, over which was a large white toga.

It was the Black Wizard Zeref, the Spriggan Emperor. A person who has done a lot of shit in his life and is a headache for everyone in this world. 

Appearing in the clearing thanks to Teleportation Magic, Zeref began to quickly scan the area. After a couple of minutes, he sighed and muttered: - So he really is dead, yes. 

Due to the fact that Zeref was the creator of the Etherias, he felt when one of them died, even if he did not see it personally. And imagine his surprise when he was quietly on Tenrou Island in his isolation and felt that one of his strongest demons had simply died. 

In order to confirm this and retrieve Larcade's body, which could still be useful, Zeref used a special search magic to find out the last location of his 'son'. It was easier than going to the place where his Etherias Books are kept, as it was extremely protected. It would take too long just to check Larcade's Book. 

Arriving at the clearing, the Black Wizard was convinced that Larcade was definitely dead. He sensed it from the remnants of Larcade's Demon Ethernano. 

It's also bad that whoever killed Larcade took the body. If the body were to be destroyed, Zeref would understand that. This is not good. After all, if the body remained, Zeref could use it to create a new demon with similar abilities. 

Frowning, Zeref took out a Commination Lacrima and called Alvarez Castle.

- Listen? - from the other side they accepted the challenge and a pleasant female voice rang out.

- Irene, it's me. Larcade is dead. - Zeref said bluntly. 

- What? When will he return? - Irene asked in surprise, certain that Larcade could still be resurrected. She knew how dangerous Larcade was and few people could kill him. So she was surprised. 

- Never. This is the final death. His Book has been destroyed. - Emperor Spriggan said calmly. 

- How? Who did it? g Irene was really shocked this time. The destruction of the Book means the destruction of the soul. After that, even Zeref can't do anything. 

- I don't know who it is. Looks like the killer cleared all traces and took the body. I won't be able to find it. All I can say is that some kind of Anti-Demon Magic and Light Magic was used here, but it was kind of weird. -Zeref told about his observations. 

Still, he lived for 400 years and saw quite a lot, even if the traces were removed, he could learn something. 

- It's clear. I have not heard of anyone like that, but I will order you to start searching. - Irene said. 

- That's what I wanted. Also, if the killer is human, then after Larcade's death, he had to unknowingly absorb his Demonic Particles. This will start the process of change and after a while he will become a Demon Slayer, most likely with a Light element. So look for someone who can use this Magic. - Zeref said.

To become a Demon Slayer, first, as you might guess, you need to kill a demon. But finally kill. Otherwise, all Demonic Particles will go to rebirth in Tartaros. But if death was final, as in the case of Larcade, the particles will remain and the one who killed the demon, and if the blood belonging to Etherias got on him, will begin to absorb the particles along with the Ethernano from the atmosphere. 

As Zeref said, absorbing the Demon Particles will start the process of turning a person into a Demon Slayer. Which is what Drake is doing right now, though he doesn't know it yet.

- Understood. Something else, maybe it's not related, but a couple of days ago I was informed that a Unknown Mage with at least S-Rank Magic Power was seen in the Central Region. He sold S-Rank creatures to Lacrima at the Magic Item Shop. When the soldiers began searching for him, he simply disappeared. - Irene said.

- First, a strong Mage appears from nowhere, and then Larcade dies. This cannot be a coincidence. Use our spies to find him. The one who is able to kill Larcade cannot be an ordinary person. Perhaps we can use it. Larcade's death has deprived us of a powerful trump card, and the killer will most likely be able to use Larcade's Magic in the future, which will come in handy. - Zeref ordered. 

- I got it. I will inform our people. Luckily, I also got a picture of his appearance, so it shouldn't be hard to find him. - Irene said. 

- That's how. Then send the image to me. 

- Okay, I'll do it now. 

. Thanks. Goodbye. - Zeref said as he ended the call and put the Lacrima in his pocket. 

After taking another look at the place of his Etherias death, Zeref teleported back to Tenrou Island.

------------------------------------

For support and more chapters - pa*treon.com/nanutov55

58