Chapter 73
488 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite his impressive size, Ikusa-Tsunagi moved surprisingly fast, before I could blink, he was almost instantly next to me, his fist raised to strike. 

Fortunately, before his fist could smash me, I managed to put a barrier of light in front of me, which did not last even a second, but at least I had the opportunity to shift to the side and not get a direct hit. 

Unfortunately, the God of Battle still hit me and broke one of my angel wing with his blow, which, to put it mildly, was unpleasant and painful, although I should not have been distracted now.

From the impact and pain, I lost concentration and was no longer able to support myself in the air, which is good, because thanks to this, I did not receive another blow from Ikusa-Tsunaga, whose fist whistled over my head, but due to the knocked out wing, I began an uncontrolled fall. 

It looks like Ikusa-Tsunagi decided to take me seriously this time and won't give me the opportunity to prepare a serious attack anymore. Apparently, I will have to proceed in a different way. 

Before another God hit me, I used a spell and teleported a few tens of meters to create distance and take a little breather and better prepare for a fist fight with God.

- GRAAAAA!!! - but Ikusa-Tsunagi himself was clearly unhappy that I managed to escape, as a result of which, he growled furiously and rushed towards me again, wanting to tear me apart with my bare hands and not let me create another mini sun. 

And I, in general, did not intend to do this, because I knew that I would not have enough time to create a spell of sufficient power that incinerate Ikusa-Tsunagi in one go, and any other spell would only anger him even more. 

The Manga clearly greatly downplayed Ikusa-Tsunaga's strength, and honestly I find it hard to believe that Natsu was able to kill him in one hit with a regular Fire Dragon Slayer Magic, even if Natsu was ten times stronger back then than he is now. 

My own spell, which was clearly more powerful than the one Natsu used in the manga ten years later, only managed to destroy the God Armor, which was clearly some kind of artifact that saved Ikusa-Tsunaga's life. 

I don't know why there is such a difference. maybe the timing of the summoning is to blame, or maybe Alok did something during the ritual and Ikusa-Tsunagi was able to show more of his real powers in this world, or maybe I should stop trusting unverified information from the manga, in which the power of friendship can defeat anyone.

In any case, this is not so important, because now it is more important to defeat this God, with which I could have had considerable difficulties if I had not immediately assumed the possibility that everything would go through one place and had not saved up a few trump cards, the time of which was now it came. 

Of course, it would be better if I prepared everything in advance, and did not wait until the last moment, when I was actually pinned against the wall, but stupidity cannot be treated, as they say. 

Still, I'm willing to admit that the power went to my head and I became quite cocky and a little arrogant. It's not that it's very bad, nevertheless, self-confidence is necessary, especially when you find yourself in a life or death situation, but it's bad when there is too much confidence and it overrides common sense, which practically happened today. 

Fortunately, my caution is much higher than my self-confidence, and I am ready even for such an unpleasant surprise, so the situation is not so bad. 

Although, God's blows on the wing and my pride were clearly not superfluous and healthy sobered me up, at the same time showing that I am not very good at fighting opponents who outnumber me in strength. I must take this into account for the future... 

All these thoughts, as always, flashed through my head in seconds while I was preparing the next spell. When Ikusa-Tsunagi was in close proximity, I was already ready, and now a serious battle can begin. 

First of all, I tried on my other angel transformation, "Absolute Light", which significantly increased my already considerable physical characteristics and allowed me to dodge Ikusa-Tsunaga's leg, which he wanted to crush me with, without any problems, because now I could clearly see his movements. 

I turned into a three-meter humanoid, little resemblance to an angel, completely clad in white armor, with gold and blue elements. A stream of blue ether was beating from my back, which resembled long hair, or rather a mane, which in the next moment, joined together and turned into two large angelic, energy wings on which I again rose into the air and even managed to punch Ikusa-Tsunagi in the nose with my fist.

- Now, you won't break my wing, you bastard! - I shouted as I prepared for the next attack from God. 

Which, for some reason, did not follow, because after seeing my new appearance, Ikusa-Tsunagi froze and looked at me in real shock, while not even paying attention to my blow. 

— =°¢{÷¢¢π°^×÷^{=©}=^! - Ikusa-Tsunagi said something again in his unknown language, but judging by his intonation, he clearly recognized me and was shocked that he met me. 

Realizing that I didn't understand him and clearly didn't recognize him, Ikusa-Tsunagi growled again in anger, and then said with difficulty, using the language I knew:

- Fallen… Should be dead… Traitor…

- This is something new… - I muttered, not knowing how to react to those words. 

Looks like I finally met someone who knows me. More precisely, he knows who I was before I woke up a few months ago in the forest of the Alvarez Empire. At least Ikusa-Tsunagi knows for sure who looked exactly like me in my Absolute Light transformation and doesn't look like that the relationship between them was especially positive. 

My last guess was confirmed when Ikusa-Tsunagi, with whom I had hoped to start a dialogue, since such an opportunity arose, again growled in rage and looked at me, said shortly: - Die, Traitor... 

And then, everything returned to normal again and I again I had to dodge the blows of the enraged God of Battle, who had lost all boundaries and now wanted to kill me for some reason of his own. 

Realizing that now everything will definitely end only with the death of one of us, I decided not to drag out this fight any longer. Of course, I was curious to find out information about my old self, but I had already decided a long time ago that who I was before does not matter to me, so even if I still remain in the dark, it's not such a big problem. 

Moreover, no one said that this is my only chance to find out why God considers me 'Fallen' and 'Traitor'. If I ever really want to know the whole truth, I'll find another way. 

And now, after I once again dodged Ikusa-Tsunaga's attack, which I simultaneously attacked with Light Magic, which was of little use, I decided to balance our conditions. 

By clapping my hands and blinding God, I bought enough time to cast the complex spell from the Solar-Dragonic Écriture.

- «Solar Écriture: Susanoo of the Dragon King Slayer» - I exclaimed as I activated the spell.

Around me, the plasma Etherano of the Sun Dragon King began to seethe in a huge stream, which soon began to take on a humanoid form, practically not inferior to the size of Ikusa-Tsunaga, who could only look in shock at how I was imprisoned in a huge avatar, which was very reminiscent of Itachi Uchiha's Susanoo, although it did not consist of chakra, but of red-hot ether, which made my spell even more dangerous. 

- Well, shall we dance? - I defiantly asked, standing up in a fighting stance inside Susanoo, and the avatar itself repeated my actions. 

Showing only a momentary hesitation, Ikusa-Tsunagi roared again and fearlessly lunged at me in an attempt to get me out of Susanoo. 

Unfortunately for him, now Ikusa-Tsunagi had lost his size advantage, so I responded to his attack by pulling his hand away and hitting his exposed stomach, leaving a severe burn. 

Our next clashes differed little from this, and no matter how much God tried to attack, the result of this was that he received painful burns, and I only brought Susanoo to its original state if it was damaged somewhere. 

But what cannot be taken away from Ikusa-Tsunagi is his perseverance, because even twenty minutes later, when his whole body was burned and he lost one of his arms, God did not stop and continued to try to get me. 

And I must say, if this continued further, Ikusa-Tsunagi would have every chance to do this, because my spell is very energy-consuming. I only had enough energy to maintain it for another five minutes. 

But, I was not going to pull any more. Strengthening Susanoo's legs and raising the temperature of their surface, I repulsed the blow of the God of Battle, and then tripped, hitting his legs, thereby cutting off the lower limbs of God, leaving two stumps.

- Last words? - I asked, pressing down on Ikusa-Tsunaga's body with my Susanoo. 

We both understood that this was the end, because God had no strength left at all and without legs and arms he was no longer a fighter. 

And not that Ikusa-Tsunagi somehow resisted the end, he just exhaled tiredly, and then looking angrily into my eyes, he said: - I'll be back…. 

- I don't think it will ever happen. - I said as I took out a new Soul Orb and then using Susanoo to pierce God's chest and cut off his head. 

As a result, Ikusa-Tsunagi disintegrated into many white particles that flew into the sky, but never reached their destination, which was clearly his home God Dimension, being absorbed into the Soul Orb. 

Convinced that this was definitely the end, I dispelled all spells, including Absolute Light and the area-enclosing Barrier, and sat down on the ground, looking at the sphere in which I caught a glimpse, as always, of Ikusa-Tsunaga's face roaring in rage.

- Fuh, finally… - I said tiredly, looking up at the sky. My apparently protracted mission is officially accomplished, although this is just the beginning.

28