Chapter 11 – Planning the Journey
278 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It didn't take Rimuru 1 or 2 hours to arrive. Only after 30 minutes he was already at the room. First he was shocked by the door, but after he saw the young girl lying on the bed, he just sighed. If it's Milim, they should be happy that only the door got destroyed. Rimuru tried to talk to her, but apparently, Milim either didn't care or she did it on purpose. Rimuru liked Milim, he was also always glad when she left Tempest. Unfortunately, there wasn't a "How to tame a Demon Lord" guide, yet. So they had to live with it for now. There was an entire team of orcs, only responsible for fixing Milims mess and destruction. And they became pretty skilled. One problem after another.

But besides the door, it was peaceful in Nemu's room. Nemu and Veldora were still sitting on the same table they started talking at a few hours ago. Milim looked cute while lying on the bed in her inappropriate clothes. That was only when she was asleep. For how long was she even asleep now? Whenever she was in Tempest she complained about the beds in her own castle. According to her, they were nothing but flat stones. The only thing she complained more about was the food. So that's what Milim spent the most time with in Tempest.

Long sleeps and eating. Followed by annoying Rimuru and destroying things.

Nemu noticed that Rimuru hurried. Was he worried because he spent time with Veldora? But he was a very nice and friendly dragon person, so Nemu didn't understand. Obviously, he understood that many people were afraid of Veldora, but Rimuru should know him well enough to know that he wouldn't do anything bad.

Nemu wasn't aware about how busy the past few weeks for Rimuru were. Shortly after Tempest got attacked and he became a demon lord he freed Veldora. Only 2 weeks passed until the Walpurgis started, and in these 2 weeks Rimuru was always busy. Since the Walpurgis only 2 weeks have passed. Again, with Rimuru busy most of the time. Watching the sunset was his first real free time in many weeks. Veldora was always able to watch Rimuru actions while he was in his slimy stomach. Rimuru didn't spend much time with him. So Veldora knew Rimuru much better than Rimuru knew Veldora. A weird situation. Rimuru trusted Veldora, but sometimes, he wasnt sure the dragon wouldnt do anything stupid. Something that might be dangerous for a harmless red slime, for example.

But, as he saw the two peacefully sitting together, he actually regretted being worried about Nemus' safety. Veldora was the guardian of Tempest and Rimuru shouldn't see him as a threat. He inwardly apologized and decided to fully trust him from now on. Well, almost fully.

"So, what are you guys talking about?" He asked while entering the room through the broken door frame and changing from his human form into his slime form. His slime form was always more conformable for him but when he was working, his human form was more practical. And for today, work was over. That was, if there wasn't another demon lord crashing into his home. He was used to it and prepared for everything. Or so he thought. But for now, he had some spare time.

"I was telling Veldora about my journey and what my plans are." Nemu said.

Veldora nodded. "And I told him about my past and I kind of found out that... I was probably a pretty bad guy in the past." He grumbled. "But that's over now!"

Rimuru raised a slimy brow. So he didn't realize it in 300 years of solitude, but after a few hours with Nemu? It seems like the talk was more fruitful than Rimuru could have imagined. If Veldora was finally aware of it, it's the first and probably most important step for a change in his attitude.

In an even better mood now, Rimuru asked Nemu "What are your plans?"

"So... hmm. I have a list, but for the next things I want to do. While I was talking to Veldora, I became aware of something. There are a lot of red slimes out there. And red slimes generally hide. But they don't do that because they are cowards, it's very dangerous out there and as a slime you have no place to go. You don't need to sleep, you don't have to eat and can live all your life in a cave. And most red slimes do that. There are some red slimes living more freely. And those are the red slimes who are lucky enough to meet a Dryad. Because Dryads take care of red slimes. Well, I would like to do the same. I want to explore the forest and bring red slimes to Tempest. So they can live here without hiding all the time. Veldora told me that he was in a cave for 300 years and it was very lonely." Nemu explained. Rimuru took a glance at Veldora, who was obviously slightly embarrassed. The Mighty Stormdragon Veldora was lonely? Pah! He could live forever alone! But, well, he would prefer not to...

6. Save all the Red Slimes.

Nemu changed his plans. His initial plan was just exploring. But he changed his mind after he heard Veladoras story. He will still go on adventures! But he will also gather as many red slimes as possible and build them a home in Tempest. Well, that still depends on Rimuru because Nemu can't do it alone, so he had to convince him first. Didn't he say that he planned to bring more slimes to Tempest? Fortunately, the roads made it way easier. He doesn't have to take them to Tempest. As soon as they hit a road, it should be a save path even for slimes.

It was like Rimuru was reading his thoughts. "So, you want me to build a home for red slimes?"

Nemu was now in a weird situation. Why? Because he never asked someone for anything. He lived all of his life alone. Actually, the first time someone did something for him, was Rimuru giving him his room. But he did this without asking, so the situation was still new to him.

As Nemu didn't answer Rimuru continued. "You know, we have this rule in Tempest. Work for food and shelter. So everyone does his part and Tempest can grow. And..." He paused for a second. "I have actually a job for you. We need more information about the Jura Forest. Most races living here can only tell what their ancestors have told them. I already expected that you would leave soon. So Raphael proposed a plan. We need someone who investigates the forest and gives us information. Maybe even someone who tells the still hiding races that Tempest exists and that they are always welcome here. You don't have to do that, even a map with hidden villages would be very helpful for us. Of course, only if they agree. I already told you that I want as many races as possible in Tempest. So... you could be the slime providing us with information. And in exchange, I'll build a slime village for you!" Rimuru would have done this anyway. He always wanted slimes in Tempest, but well, if Nemu agrees that would be a win-win situation!

And just as expected, "Yes! I'll definitely do that!" Nemu jumped up and down. Making his hobby a job? That's the jackpot, he thought!

"Hey, hey, hey, I can also do that!" Veldora interrupted.

"You want to talk to other races? Don't you think they'll run away as soon as they see you?" Rimuru asked doubtful. It was sad, but he was right. Even with suppressing his aura, many races in the Jura Forest would undoubtful recognize him as what he is. Veldora lived here for a long time. And as he was praised, he was also feared as much. He was known as the guardian of the forest, but it was only natural for weaker beings to avoid a monster like him. Also, Rimuru was quite sure that he would get bored pretty fast, but he didn't say that out loud.

"Didn't you tell me that you want to protect Tempest from now on?" The Great Jura Forest was large. Rimuru didn't even know how incredibly large it was when he decided to make Tempest the capital at the Walpurgis. In a size comprehension with his old world. The forest was the size of Australia. He found that out after he saw a world map by one of the traveling merchants. And it was still incredibly scary for him to be a leader of such a large country. And it wasn't a bare wasteland. The whole forest was full of life. But, even for someone like Veldora, it wasn't something he could cross fast. So if he really wanted to protect Tempest, he couldn't just take a trip through the Jura Forest.

"Hm, okay." Veldora said, obviously disappointed but he couldn't argue against it. He wanted to be responsible from now on.

Rimuru now looked at the books everywhere in the messy room. Seems like he already started reading. But he still has to work on his order! Rimuru then thought. There weren't many rooms with books in it. Books were incredibly rare and expensive. He could create tons of them in a second, but most books were still handwritten. Also, almost all the books he created so far were manga... Letterpress? Something he should definitely work on! Whatever, why was he in a room with so many books? He already knew the answer.

'Raphael?' Rimuru asked, now talking to his skill.

[Yes?]

'I remember you told me this room is free. Did you do that on purpose?'

[Yes.]

'Well, good job. But tell me next time.' So Raphael already planned this. Rimuru felt kinda manipulated but was also impressed by Raphael's genius.

'Why did you give me the room?' Nemu then interrupted.

'Raphael... Haven't you blocked the communication?' Rimuru sighed.

[If we are talking about Nemu. We should include him, right?]

Rimuru immediately knew that this was one of her schemes again. 'Just tell him.'

[Information gathering is an important task. Tempest is in the middle of the Jura Forest, but there are still many unknown areas. Actually, there is more unknown than known for us. Your skill {Absorption} and {Guide} allow you to create maps and books out of paper. Therefore, you would be the perfect subject for gathering information about the Great Jura Forest.] Raphael explained in a monotone voice.

"Are you talking to your skill again?" Veldora joined the conversation while sitting on the table with a bored face.

Nemu, however, looked at him with a happy face. Yes, even a smile can have a happy face. Deal with it. "I'm working for Tempest now!"

"So, you actually want to go?" Veldora asked. He had a sad expression. Talking to someone was rather rare for him. Now he found someone and he wants to leave again.

Even Nemu was able to read the mood. "Yes." he said. "But I'll stay for a few more days. I haven't seen everything in Tempest yet and I want to do that before I leave."

"Hahahaha!" Veldora let out a roaring laughter. "If you need someone to show you around in Tempest, there is no one who could do that better than me!"

Obviously, Veldora wasn't the best choice. He didn't know much about daily life in Tempest. But still, Rimuru found the idea interesting. After all, it was Veldoras' home now, so they might both learn some new things. He should look for someone who can show them both around. Maybe one of the goblins? Definitely not Gobuta, Veldora might kill him, but there were many other capable goblins in the town.

"Ah, right." Nemu then said. "I would like to have a travel companion. I already asked Veldora but he didn't know anyone. And he said you might know someone."

"Mmh." Rimuru was thinking. "I don't know yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll come up with something. I also have to prepare a few things for you. Gifts for the different tribes in the forest would be a good idea. Also, some travel equipment would be helpful." Nemu didn't have any property until now. Actually, he didn't know what he would need. He didn't need to eat, clothes were also useless. But well, it's Rimuru and Nemu trusted him. So he left it in his capable hands, if slimes would have had hands. So his capable slime cells? Whatever. He will do it, Nemu was sure about it.

And so, the trip was planned. It was still raining outside and none of them wanted to go out. So the rest of the day, they sat together in Nemu's room and talked about the past and future. While Milim was still snoring in Nemu's bed.

10