Chapter 34 – A Castles’ Future
64 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, well, like after the Kumo story I want to tell you what happened next! Because, you know, you are my reader and you deserve it!

The demon castle got abandoned. It took only a short amount of time until the demon energy was completely gone. The place recovered. The trees were growing leaves again, the grass was green and several plants were growing outside and inside of the castle. Nobody moved there, it might be a decent place for demons but most other races consider it as rather ugly or even spooky. However, on the official Great Jura Forest adventurer guide, it got marked as a safe place! Guess who had the idea with the guide? After the monsters calmed down again, it was safe to cross the river and besides being abandoned, the castle was built pretty solid. Afterall, all demon castles are built to become very old in the first place. So many adventurer groups visited the castle. There was only one demon castle in the entire forest so it got some attraction. Unfortunately, the castle was deep in the forest and since there weren't any inhabitants close there weren't any roads. So there weren't any tourists only looking for the castle.

Before Diablo left he took all of the magic devices with him. There wasn't only the device for the illusion barrier but a lot more. Even artifacts from the demon world were there. If it could benefit Tempest in any way, Diablo took it with him. If not, he destroyed, after all, some of the items were dangerous.

In the later times of Tempest, many adventurer groups formed. Not only with humans, like the usual adventurer team, all kinds of races decided to visit exciting places in the forest. Orcs, goblins, humans, beastmen and even dwarfs. Unusual groups but probably more common than a Dryad and a red Slime.

................................

Frey brought the harpies back to their land. The last journey for them was more than enough for them to earn their names. However, something unusual happened.

Usually harpies get the name by the Sky Queen and she chooses them. Most of the time, it's a name close to their parents. Demon Lords were never good at giving names. But this time, they wanted to choose their own names. After their saviors. The name Nemu wasn't a problem, actually, there are some other harpies with the same name.

And so, the harpy who first spoke in the jail, was named Nemu. She was different from the other harpies. They returned to their village after they got their names. But Harpy Nemu decided to become an adventurer. And Frey decided to send her to Tempest. Well, in the beginning she was more of a spy because Frey still wasn't sure what was going on in Tempest. But later she made friends in Tempest and they decided to go on their own adventurers. Although her attitude was slightly unfitting for a spy. After she hasn't had any sleep for days in the demon prison, she became sleepy and lazy. Sleeping was her official favorite hobby and she spent a lot of time on it. So she soon forgot about her objective and just had a good time in Tempest. The second name was more problematic. Because Trewy was a name for a Dryad. And there aren't any harpies with the same name. It was a long discussion but after the third harpy wanted the name Diablo, the discussion immediately died down. The first harpy with the name Trewy was confirmed. However, Frey didn't want to give a harpy the name Diablo. Not only is it an unfitting name for a harpy because its a name for males and demons, but Frey thought that Diablo is really scary. She didn't want to get reminded of him whenever she saw the little harpy girl. And this time after a lot complains Frey won. In the end the third harpy got the name Newy.

................................

Rimuru was sitting in his office. After Diablo reported to him what happened he was very relieved. Obviously, Diablo missed the point when he fought with Frey. However, for Rimuru the situation gave him a chance. It wasn't right to abuse the bad situation Nemu and Trewy were in and would never say that Frey owes him something. But it was a good foundation for a diplomatic relationship. The harpies lived on mountains and had barely any contact with other races. But now they had talked to each other for the first time. Frey even sent one of the harpies to Tempest. The beginning of a wonderful friendship! Or was the girl a spy? Well, probably, but who cares. Rimuru would have probably done the same. If she is happy, there will be a good relationship in the future.

But Rimuru also thought about something else. There was something that didn't line up. It wasn't the castle. Rimuru wouldn't even be surprised if there are more things hidden by Clayman. Because that's exactly something that a guy like would do. Clayman was dead. But Rimuru had the feeling that it wasn't over yet. Even him, using demons, wasn't surprising.

Rimuru asked Nemu a lot of questions. He wanted to know what happened and how everything ended up like that. Mainly because he wanted to prevent more situations like that. Maybe even a hint if Clayman had prepared more for them. So he wanted to hear the full story.

There was something else that was bothering him. In one word. Guide. Raphael explained to him before what Nemus skills can do and...

'Hey Raphael, you told me that Nemus' skill "Guide" can provide him with basic knowledge about the world, right? But Nemu told me that his skill saved him twice. He recommended to him how to escape from the river and later he even told Nemu to mention Milim. That's something his skill shouldnt be able to do. Do you know how that happened?' Obviously, Rimuru already had an idea.

[...]

'You did that, right?' Rimuru rolled with his eyes. In the beginning Raphael wanted to give Nemu the Great Sage skill. Rimuru didn't want to have him such a strong skill. A high tier unique skill for a young slime was dangerous. After Raphael explained what Guide can do he was satisfied. But...

[Yes. Extra Skill "Guide" is a sub skill of "The Great Sage", which is a sub skill of mine. So there is a connection. I'm not connected to Nemu all the time. But whenever he asks his Skill something, there is also a connection to me.] She answered with her usual monotone voice.

Rimuru nodded, exactly what he had expected. 'Did you know this when you gave him the skill?'

[... Yes.]

Again, not unexpected. She used a loophole there. Rimuru was okay with it, but she should have told him. 'So, what else can you do?'

[I'm providing the Skill Guide with the necessary information about Nemus skills and gave the skill some advanced knowledge.] Again something that Guide shouldn't be able to do. Basic knowledge about the world doesn't include knowledge about skills. Even if they are Nemus skills. If Rimuru thought back, without Raphaels help he would have been lost with his skills.

But... that still wasn't what bothered him. He actually expected it.

'So you knew that Nemu was in danger, right? Why haven't you told me?' That was the question he asked himself.

Raphael felt that he would continue asking until she revealed everything.

[When Nemu was on the river, he used Guide at the last moment and after that, he was safe. I didn't expect that there are demons on the island and only focussed on the current danger. When he used Guide again, he was already in the demon castle. And after mentioning Milim there was a 99% chance that the demons wont do them any harm.] And there was the problem, she underestimated the demons impulsively. It wasn't entirely her fault. If she would have known about how enraged Corsar already was she would have told Rimuru immediately. She knew that Nemu would contact Rimuru soon and that Clayman wouldn't return so she assumed that they had time. However, she was thinking about Corsar as a rational being. [I made a mistake.]

Rimuru let out a sigh. Demons are hard to handle. He shouldn't provoke Diablo in any way. No, that's not how he should think. Diablo is his loyal companion and he trusted him. So there shouldn't be any doubts. It was Raphael who told Rimuru that he should send Diablo to rescue Nemu and Trewy. And it was a good choice. He was the fastest in Tempest. That was besides Veldora, but chances that he would find the way just by looking at a map once were rather low. However, the chance that he would blow away absolutely everything was very high. Raphael recommended Diablo because she knew that he was competent and it was the best choice.

'Okay, just tell me next time even if it's just 1%.'

[Yes.]

'And don't worry about that.' Was she sad? There was something less monotone in her voice, right? Again, a hint that Raphael isn't just a skill, Rimuru thought.

2