End of Season 1
38 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello my friends,

I haven't done this in a while, but after finishing what I would call Season 1, I figured it was time again to address my readers directly. 

Also, I'd like to share the experiences I've had in the last few months since I started writing.

Red Slime Adventurers is my first real novel. I have two short stories before but nothing nearly as long as Red Slime Adventurers, so I consider it as my first. 

At first I thought of several short stories. There are other spinoffs in the slime verse that tell short stories per episode or chapter, however all of them take place in Tempest. Oh, I know the capital is actually called Rimuru, but I'll keep calling it Tempest. So I thought, the world is big, I'll move on from Tempest. That's why the beginning might seem a bit rushed. 

However, after the Kumo story and after I planned the Demon Castle story, I realized something. The world of Tensei Slime is not a peaceful place outside of Tempest. To be honest, that was quite a let down for me, because I couldn't tell the story as I planned. But.... I quickly changed my mind. Unlike the other spinoffs, I will tell more serious stories. Like the main series. It has many soothing moments and slow episodes, but also very serious episodes. I am a big fan of the Tensei Slime story and will do my best to dont mess it up.

That's when I realized I need to make Nemu and Trewy stronger. I explained that in summary in the last chapter. I had planned this as a recap chapter, but that didnt work out very well. Next time I’ll include all of this in a conversation. I have already thought of a way for Nemu to grow. I want to take a different route than Rimuru. I think this will be pretty good, so be excited!

In the beginning I planned to upload the chapters with 1500-2000 words. But that didn't work out very often yet. Almost all chapters are 2000+ words, a few of them have almost 3000 words. But that doesn't bother me. It's alright for me and for you probably as well. 

Currently Red Slime Adventurers is my only hobby. I write about 3 hours on each chapter and think about it on the side. After work it takes most of my free time. But it is fun. I also know how to do many things on the side.

By the way, I am very grateful for reviews, so if you have time feel free to give me some feedback.

As the story progresses I learned another thing. I need a main plot and I also need a returning villain. I started with this in the last chapters. I will continue to tell the story in short arcs, but at the same time build up a story that runs through the whole novel.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with Trewy yet. At first I planned to use her as a traveling companion during the Jura Forest part, but now I think she works pretty well with Nemu so she might be a permanent companion for him. I already have plans for another permanent companion and also for a temporary companion.

Have I improved as a writer? I asked myself the question a few times in the last weeks. And honestly, I don't know. Whenever I read something now I tend to compare the writing to my writing and I lose most of the time. On the other hand, they make a living with their writing, so it's alright ig. The reason why I haven't improved too much is that I didn't care as much as I should have. I think it's time to do some research and actively try to improve. I’ll take care of that in the future. I want to build my own fantasy world.

Oh, and I already have a plan for a huge ending! It won't interfere with the Tensei Slime story though. Actually I have already planned the last 2 arcs in my head. But it's going to take a long time until I'm at the end.

Well, I guess that's pretty much everything I wanted to tell. Although I'm pretty sure I missed a few things and will get mad very soon because of that.

So, I hope you will continue reading and have as much fun as I had writing it. 

Have a nice day! <3

2