Chapter 64 – Dinner with Spiders
32 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kumo, Shiro and Wakabe sat at a table in a large room with dozens of other people. However, all of them mind their own business.

Something strange happened yesterday. They arrived in Tempest. And the leader of this town was indeed a slime. Nemu had told them, but until yesterday they could not believe it. But that was not all. A lot of strange things have happened since then.

Rimuru, the slime leader of the town, gave names to Kumo's companions. And today they woke up as Arachnes. Unbelievable. Arachnes were an evolution that should happen only every hundred years. And now there are three of them in Kumos web.

This room was special, even compared to the rest of Tempest it looked extravagant. And they were served by a cook. A cook? Someone who makes you food. Monsters who had spent their whole lives in a forest didn't know such things, of course.

"Meat." Was the answer when they were asked what they wanted to eat. The cook smiled kindly and disappeared again. Not even five minutes later they all had a plate with unknown meat in front of them. And it was cooked. They had never eaten anything like it before. What seemed like a waste in the beginning turned out to be really good!

Spiders were used to rough meat from monsters. Sometimes the meat was even poisoned. They had poison immunity, so it was not effective against them. But the poison ruined the taste. This meat was very tasty and soft, like it was about to melt. The best meat they ever had.

The room froze when someone entered the room. It didn't get quiet, but considerably quieter as he entered the room.

"Is that..." One of Arachne whispered. "The Storm Dragon?"

Kumo nodded after a while. She had felt it before, but now that she was in a room with it, it felt even more intimidating.

"And, the dryad that's with him, isn't that Trewy?"

Kumo was surprised. Trewy? Together with Veldora? What's going on? But without a doubt, she was Trewy.

Then their eyes locked. Kumo smiled. It was nice to see her again. She really wanted to know how her journey was going. Was Nemu here too?

Trewy looked like she wanted to join them, but stopped after one step. There was someone else. A fairy was sitting on her head. Trewy looked her up and apparently decided not to go to the spiders.

"She's with Veldora, they must be talking about something important." Said one of the Arachnes and Kumo agreed. She was sure they were not here just for small talk. After all, besides her age, Trewy was still a dryad. They certainly had important business to talk about concerning the Jura Forest.

So they just greeted each other from a distance, with a smile and a wave. Kumo really wanted to talk to her, but there was still time. Wakabe and Shiro had already announced they would stay longer in Tempest, and Kumo didn't want to return to her web right away either.

"Let's meet her later." Said Kumo and all nodded. Turning back to their meal.

Hey, I dont have much time for a full chapter today, but I felt like I have to upload atleast something. So here we go with a 10 minute chapter! Have a nice day.

2