Chapter 66 – The First Book
58 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Please, make me a real body!"

Rimuru was taken aback. He wanted to do her a favor... But he didn't expect that.

Even Veldora was staring at Trewy. Only Nemu was not surprised, they were going to leave the forest together to have more adventures. And that was the only way.

"That's... kind of a big deal. You know that, right?"

"I know... But I really want to get stronger, and I also want to be able to leave the forest." Said Trewy firmly. She wasn't just concerned with being able to leave the forest. After Rimuru made Treyni a body she became much stronger.

The reason was simple. Her current form is just a puppet. Even though her consciousness was in this body, her real body was still in the dryad grove. Because of that, she could not use its power. Her power came from the forest. She could manipulate it with her magic, but she couldn't use any skills.

"If I had a real body, then I could also use my own power and wouldn't have to rely only on the forest." Explained Trewy. Rimuru, of course, already knew that.

"Do you know what I have to do for that?" Asked Rimuru.

Trewy shook her head. Treyni had explained to her what Rimuru had done, but not how he had done it.

Rimuru sighed. Actually, he didn't want to do it.

"To give you a body, I have to carve a puppet out of your real body. The tree in your grove. Then I can transfer your soul into this body." Explained Rimuru. It was much more complicated, of course, and he would never be able to do it without Raphael's help. But it explained the process briefly.

"This leads to another problem. As a dryad, you can't die. Even if you lose your temporary body, your consciousness goes back to your original body. The tree in the dryad grove. This makes you practically immortal. However, if I make you a body, your consciousness cannot return there. You become mortal. I don't know if I can do that." Said Rimuru and sighed again. It's risky and he really didn't know if it's worth it.

There was another problem. Rimuru didn't see Trewy as an adult. By now he had learned that the concept of growing up in this world was different from his old one. Still, when he saw someone with a young body in front of him, he couldn't help but treat them differently.

Trewy knew that a real body would make her mortal, but she still wanted it. But hearing it like this unsettled her. Exactly what Rimuru was aiming for.

"Rimuru, we've talked about this a lot and Trewy is certainly aware of it. But it's important to her. Besides, it would make Trewy like all of us, you, me, and every other inhabitant of the forest." Nemu said. He left out Veldora because he knew that he would be reborn even if his body was completely destroyed.

"You aren't wrong..." Had to admit Rimuru, but he was still thinking about it. "What do you think about it?" He then asked Veldora.

"Huh? Me?" Veldora was confused, whenever it came to important topics he was usually left out and intentionally ignored. That's why the question surprised him. Rimuru nodded. "Hmm... I like the forest, that's why I have it as my residence, but it would still be annoying not to be able to leave it."

Apparently, Rimuru was hoping for his support. Veldora just shrugged.

Rimuru was still undecided. Should he ask the other dryads? He decided against it. Trewy had experienced a lot in the last weeks and yet she was sure she wanted to leave the forest.

He felt like he had lost when he agreed.

"However, there is another problem. The process takes a long time and I am very busy. So I don't know yet when I'll find the time. You want a spirit too, don't you?" Asked Rimuru.

She nodded happily. To be honest, she doubted that Rimuru would agree today.  Nemu was also very happy about it.

"Okay, then let me know when you get back to Tempest and then we'll pick a day off." And there goes his one day off for the week....

"Thank you very much!" Said Trewy with a big smile on her face and bowed once more. Rimuru had said she shouldn't do that, but now it seemed appropriate.

"Thank you!" Said Nemu then. Of course, he was happy about that too. So they could continue their journey together! Even Veldora smiled and nodded appreciatively.

"You wanted to say something else, didn't you?" Trewy asked.

"Huh...?" Rimuru was confused.

"Before I asked you for a body."

"Oh, right!" Said Rimuru then. Actually, he wanted to offer her a room in this building as a reward for her help. But... "Nevermind that. You can share a room with Nemu."

Trewy and Nemu looked at each other. They had been planning to do that from the beginning. So they just shrugged.

"Okay, that's settled then. Now I have a lot of work to do." Rimuru pointed to a huge pile of papers on his desk. Managing an entire country was a troublesome job. To be honest, even on his day off, he didn't really have time off and often had to work. If he wanted to make Trewy a body he needed that day though.

'Raphael, we have a lot of work to do today!'

[...] She didn't like paperwork either.

As Nemu and Trewy left the room, something caught Rimuru's eye.

"Veldora...?"

Veldora was still sitting on the couch, reading a manga. Where did he even get that from? He didn't have it with him when he entered the room.

"Hmm?" He looked at Rimuru as if he didn't know what was going on.

"Please leave."

After a sigh, he stood up and left the room.

He had a problem. Now he needed a new hideout. Nemu was back and had his dryad girlfriend with him, so the time for quiet naps was over. He had no choice but to go back to his room. And he knew that many people would bother him there again. Troublesome.

Nemu and Trewy had forgotten about Veldora. After all, they were really happy now. Although they still hadn't made a Tour de Tempest, the day was very successful for both of them. Much more successful than they had planned.

Rimuru had agreed to make Trewy a body.

Ramiris had agreed to give them the opportunity for a Spirit.

Nemu had been able to bring the red slimes to their village.

Trewy was finally able to eat cupcakes again.

It was a great day for both of them.

As they passed a window, Nemu suddenly stopped and looked out.

"It's dark already?" He asked himself in confusion. The sun was no longer visible.

"Hmm..." Trewy only noticed it now, too. The days passed faster here than in the forest.

"By the way, did Rimuru give you something too?"

"Yes." Nemu almost nodded but managed to suppress it at the last moment. "First of all, there is the slime village." For Rimuru, though, that was a given. Tempest should be a place for all races.

"Then he gave me a lot of paper and ink. With that, I can finally write my books!"

"Don't throw it at angry demons again." Said Trewy, laughing. Enough time has passed to joke about it.

However, that was also something Rimuru didn't really consider a favor. Actually, it was Nemu's job to discover the forest. He had already given Rimuru an extended map of the forest. Probably the most accurate map of the forest so far. At least of the places they had visited. Besides, it was important to find out more about the races in the forest and the books would be used to share the knowledge.

"And he gave me money." Said Nemu in conclusion.

"Oh! Then we can buy more ice cream!" Said Trewy excitedly.

"That's way too expensive!" Objected Nemu. "You need a job, then you can buy it yourself."

"A... job?" Dryads were supposed to protect the forest. That was their job. Unfortunately, you can't buy ice cream from it.

Nemu thought about it. What could a dryad do? Then he remembered back. The slime village was surrounded by farmland. Wasn't that perfect?

"You can work on a farm!" Nemu suggested.

"But that's exhausting, isn't it?"

"You can grow plants, can't you? That would certainly be helpful."

"That seems like an abuse of my abilities!"

In this world, many races had advantages over other races. Humans could never build as fast as orcs. However, some races had cheat like abilities. Like Nemu. With his dimensional space, he could easily transport work for weeks. His cleaning abilities were also incomparable. Trewy's abilities could grow fields that would have otherwise taken months.

"I might give that a try." Trewy then said resignedly. "But not until we get to Tempest again! After our next trip."

"Okay, okay." Said Nemu, showing a smile on his slime body. Actually, Rimuru had given him money and told him to split it with Trewy.

"So, what do we want to do now?" Trewy asked. It was already dark outside, but still not late enough to sleep.

"Hmm..." Nemu thought about it. "Actually, I wanted to start writing my book!"

"Oh, which one?" On their trip, Nemu had talked about it often. He wanted to write books about the forest and the races, but....

"The Red Slime Adventures!"

"Isn't the name a little weird?" Trewy asked, still not really convinced.

"Why? I'm a red slime and I go on adventures."

"And what about me?"

"Write your own book!"

Trewy puffed. Maybe that's what they do?

"What about The Dryad Adventures?" Trewy asked, actually thinking about it.

"As a spin off?"

"No. It's the real story! Your book is a spinoff!" Complained Trewy.

"But it was my idea!"

"Pf, but I'm a main character right?" She asked, a little offended.

"Of course. We're both main characters." Confirmed Nemu.

"It's okay then, I guess. But you better not show me in a bad light."

"I would never do that." Said Nemu sarcastically and laughed.

"I'll help you." Trewy ignored the sarcastic tone.

"You just want to control it."

"So what if I am?"

Nemu sighed. He felt defeated.

2