(POV) Issei – Part 2
90 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I, Hyoudou Issei, became a devil. The day that I had my first date with a girl, I was killed but I was able to avoid death and survived as devil. It was the school's number-one beauty who resurrected me, Rias Gremory, who told me that I was her ' adorable servant'.  With this, I became a member of the Occult Research Club. Well, it's kind of funny, I'm now surrounded by a lot of beautiful girls and everyone is nice to me. A few days have passed since I became a devil.

"Aahh...The time for crying is over... I will be the Harem King!" This has been difficult for me, I couldn't forget Yumma-chan but I try. I I wonder if she would be okay. Even though she manipulated my feelings, I still couldn't help but worry about her.  I couldn't really remember the faces of any of those mysterious people, but I did remember their voices. When I thought about it carefully I realized that they were all identical. I couldn't help asking to the president about it and she told me that it might be just one person. After all, magic exists and it is possible.

I know that if I hear the voice of that mysterious person one more time, I'm sure I would recognize it...

It's almost midnight and I'm pedaling my bike at top speed.  I am heading towards a particular house. It's part of my new job of devil. To get one step closer to my dream. Today,  I must get a contract signed. I thought my parents would be worried if I was out every night, but that wasn't the case, the demonic powers of the president Rias are impressive. I arrived and parked my bike at the curb. The dwelling is a two-story house that seems is a family home. Standing in front of the main door, I realize something as I was about to ring the doorbell. The main door is open.

"Hello, I am the servant of the house of Gremory. Is anyone here?" I speak out loud. This is strange and very careless...

I look into inside from the entrance. There is a staircase that leads to a second floor and a hallway that ends in a single room at the end of first floor, this one is illuminated by a light, it is a dim light. Everything else is dark.

THROB!

Suddenly I feel uneasy. What is it? Are they sleeping? No, otherwise I wouldn't feel this uneasiness...

I am already walking inside of the somber house. I left my shoes at the genkan. Without making any noise, I walk down the wooden hallway. The door leading to the room at the end is slightly open so I decided to take a look. The place is lit with candles, there is an art painting and furniture...

"I'm interrupting! Excuse me, customer?" I ask , but there is no answer.

It can't be helped, so I enter the room. It's a living room and there's a TV, a sofa, a table, etc. It is the living room of an ordinary family. Then, I stop breathing. My eyes are glued to the wall.  Why? because there's a bloody body upside down and it's nailed to the wall.

"Gough...gough...gough" I threw up what was in my stomach and clutched my abdomen.

The corpse has been cut horribly, something that seems like viscera are coming out of the wounds. My body has reacted to looking at the corpse. I can't look at it anymore.

This is not normal, not normal at all! You can't kill a person like this with a normal mind!

Large, thick screws were stuck in both palms of the hands, feet, and in the middle of the torso. The body is nailed to the wall with screws, making the shape of the cross upside down. A pool of blood formed on the floor. It drips from the wounds.

"He is the contractor...? The one who invoked me...? What in the hell has happened to him...?" I am trembling. Cold sweat runs down my back. There is a bloody scripture next to the corpse.

'All those who sin are slaves of sin'.

"Welcome, but what do we have here! It's a devil-kun! Yay I'm in luck!..." Suddenly I hear footsteps and a voice for what I turn in that direction.

There is a young foreigner, he is also a bishounen. His appearance, his white hair and red eyes told me that he is not from Japan. The candles  in the room only illuminated a part of his face but everything is visible to me because I am a demon. He enters the room through another door. Seeing me, the young man makes a slight smile.

His outfit is that of a priest... on his neck, that's a cross...?.

For consequent, the warning that the president told me came to my mind. 'Don't get involved with church people. Especially the exorcists. They are our greatest enemies. They can easily eliminate us because their power is supported by God's prayers.'

"I am a priest~♪ A young priest ~♪ I cut people who look like devils~♪, and I laughed at them~♪ I will cut off the head of you devils, and I will get my food~♪" Out of context, the exorcist takes dance steps forward and sings. He dances and sings as he walks around the living room.

Who is this one?!... Is he really a priest...?

"I am Father Freed Sellzen" The priest stopped, standing in front of me with a dancing posture and approached his face to mine.

"What are you doing? Did you do this?"  I point out the corpse to the exorcist . I'm in trouble but there's something I want to know, so I swallowed my saliva and asked. He listened to me at me and moved toward the body. His mouth immediately made a creepy and sickly smile.

"Yes, yes, I killed him. Because he was a habitual criminal who has been summoning devils, so I had to kill him.... before he corrupted himself any further.... kindness, this is kindness, Amen!"(Freed). The young teenager kicks the corpse next to us, he kept kicking the corpse. Blood splatters in the air and drops of it fall on my face.

What justification is that?! How can you do this to a person for that meaningless reason?!! This guy is crazy as a loon!!!.

"Huh? Are you surprised? Aren't you going to run away? That's weird... really weird... .... I mean, you know what's common sense? Devils are trash.... Humans who make a pact with a devil are just as trash as they are... Garbage indeed. Can't you understand that? No? Well, you are a trash devil, after all" (Freed).  I can sense his killing  intent, the pure intention to kill someone. He is a murderer, a crazy murderer.  I'm screwed!.

"Aren't you also a human being? Aren't exorcists only supposed to face demons?" Even though I'm afraid, I'll tell him what I have to tell him by the principles that my parents taught me . I spoke again. He laughs uncontrollably when he hears me.

"Haaaaa? What the fuck is this? A mere devil like you lecturing me? Hahaha...o. Alright then, listen carefully, you fucking devil...devils use the greed of humans to survive. Leaning on a devil proves that you are no longer a human. That's the end of it. That's why I killed him. I make my living by killing devils and those who have contracts with them, even if they are human. That's my job."(Freed). He says unhinged.

"Even devils wouldn't go that far!" I reply. The president would never do something like this....

"Arguing with a fucking unknown devil the basic rules is pissing me off! Now is a good time to kill you too!"(Freed). The crazy priest  looked at me impassively. Insanity. His hands rummage under his robe and the priest pulls out a bladeless sword, and a pistol. I knew that with that our talk was over.

BUZZ! The sound vibrates in the air. The sword with only the hilt turns into a lightsaber. Oh, shit. Is this magic?!!!.

"You irritate me, so I can cut you? Is that okay? It's all right. If I'm gonna cut your throat and blow your head off with this cool gun! Man, I'm really going to exterminate you!" (Freed). He speaks while holding a weapon in each hand.

The exorcist comes and tries to cut me head on with his lightsaber, he comes running fast. I dodge him by leaning backwards. His blade of light does not touch me.

He's fast! That was close...

"Guahhhh!" I scream, intense pain runs down my left leg. It hurts! Light!!! This is the pain of light!!!!.

"How is it?!!! The special bullet made for Exorcists, the light bullet! This one doesn't make any sound since it's a light bullet. HAHAHA!"(Freed). There is smoke coming out of the priest's gun. He shot me?. Yes, he shot me and I didn't notice.

Then, all of a sudden, right after that, I feel another shot in my leg again.

"Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuahhh!!!" I fall to my knees while moaning in agony.  It hurts. It really hurts. I'm crying, saliva is coming out of my mouth.

For a devil, light is toxic. Once hit, pain runs through the entire body.  I can't stand up anymore!  This time, I was shot in my left calf!.

"Die, die, devil! Die you fucking devil, turn to dust and disappear into thin air! Just for my pleasure HAHAHAHA!"(Freed). The exorcist laughs madly and swings his sword towards me with a final attack. No, he is going to kill me!!!.

At that precise instant of life and death. A blond hair swings in the air. There's a girl and I know her. The blonde sister is standing there. Asia. She held out her arms to protect me. The sister stood between me and the exorcist . The priest stopped there and reluctantly retracted his sword and put away his gun. As I lost the mobility of the body, I can only see them.  She is with him...? Do they know each other?.

At the contractor's house. In the living room the exorcist and the nun have a strong conversation with me present.

"Hey. Hey. That's dangerous, you were almost split in two. What's wrong?! Did you finish putting up the barrier, Asia-tan?" (Freed). The priest speaks.

"Please...Father Freed...this person...Please don't hurt this person..." Sister Asia turns her head and looks at me. I can see her concern for me in her warm eyes.

"Person? No, no. This shit right here is a devil. Hahaha, what am I not understanding? You guys know each other?"(Freed). The young exorcist asks inquiringly and Asia is surprised by what he said.

"Issei-san is a devil...?"(Asia). She mumbles, seeming to be shocked to learn the truth.  I don't know what to say. Yes, she is protecting a devil!.

What a rotten fate.  I wasn't planning to see her again.The warm eyes of Asia are making me feel bad. I just wanted her to think of me as a high school student in this town. I didn't want her to know. It should have stayed that way. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a devil. I'm sorry for being a devil...

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"(Asia). The sister screams in terror, she sees the corpse in the room, her hands cover her mouth. The crazy priest enjoys it.

"This is the first time you see such a corpse, right, Asia-tan?. Then take a good look at it, any human waste that is captivated by a devil will be sent to hell like this!" The young exorcist used his sword and spike the corpse on the wall. This bastard...

"Well now, step aside, I need to kill this scum or I won't be able to finish my job, so here I go. Are you ready to be exorcised  devil-kun?"(Freed). He brought his arms above his head and raised his sword. We cross our gazes. He's going to do it. Damn it, I can't stand up....

If I get stabbed by it in the chest, I'll be dead. Even if I survive, I'll end up like the customer who's nailed to the wall and have my body cut up. Fear grips me when I think about it. This is bad. This situation is really bad! I will be killed without being able to move my body!.

"I understand. I understand! Father Freed still please let this person go..."(Asia). While I'm thinking about it, the blonde sister keeps and remains standing in front of the priest, stopping him.

"Umm...Asia-tan. Do you know what you are doing now?"(Freed). The priest said angrily. Despite knowing the reality of the situation, Asia decides to protect me.

"I know. Father Freed, I beg you. Please forgive this person. Please let him go..."(Asia). She says. She tries to reason with him.

"I can't stand it any more... You can't kill people just because they are entranced to a devil and you also can't kill devils. It's wrong!"(Asia). The sister answers, she seemed to have that saved. I look at them both from behind, kneeling on the floor. This is not going to end well.

"Haa?! What the hell are you talking about, you fucking nun?! All devils are shit! Didn't you learn that in church?! Are you suffering from brain damage?!" The young exorcist replies irritated and annoyed.  Out of his mind. The veins are marked on his face with fury.

"There are good people among the devils!"(Asia). She replies.

"There are none , you idiot!!!"(Freed). The exorcist yells at her in exasperation. Her hand pulls on Asia's nun's clothing. No! I must do something!.

"I thought that before but Issei-san isn't like that! Even if I know he's a devil, Issei-san is still Issei-san! Killing someone is unforgivable! This kind of act...! God does not allow such acts!"(Asia). She saw the corpse, and learned that I am a devil, so she should  be scared. But Asia doesn't back down back down as she tells her beliefs to the priest. Her determination is quite strong andshe does not give her arm to twist. This girl is awesome...

The exorcist stretched out his hand to slap asia's face.

Damn it, it doesn't matter if I can move or not! I have to do it!! Or else I'm not a man!!!.

"Stop!" I succeed in finally standing up, show my fists to the priest.

If she's not afraid of him, then I can't be...

THROB! THROB! THROB!

BAKI! The priest wanted to hit sister asia but his blow was stopped by a hand.

This restlessness. I felt a change inside me. My demonic senses were going crazy. Danger! So much danger! My body was telling me to run away from here, now. To run away with no regrets without stopping. I focused my eyes and saw another exorcist. One Japanese, he was also dressed as a priest. His extended hand held the wrist of the exorcist bishounen.

"Kurono!"(Freed). He shouted angrily.

"Kei-san!"(Asia). She speaks.

Unlike the other priest, he has a relaxed and calm appearance, and a stern and intense attitude. His face is ordinary but his eyes look as sharp as the edge of a knife. Daggers hostile and insensitive towards others. By the shape his overcoat takes one can assume that he has a physique of extremely developed muscles. However, the next thing that happened left me open-mouthed.

The bishonen exorcist let go of his grip, swung his other arm and wanted to cut him with his lightsaber. Only two fingers, the other exorcist only used two fingers to stop the blade. As if it cost him no efforts at all, a blow with the open hand of his other arm broke the lightsaber. Instantly, in the next move he was already behind him with his arm on his neck which bent him like a branch. And he threw his body into the wall like a sack of potatoes.

"What?!" Without thinking, I shouted astonished.

"Ah!"(Asia). She also said in shock.

In this scene, the living room was silent until that guy turned in my direction, his eyes almost made me pee in my pants, he stays mute. Calm is driving me crazy thinking about this.

The young bishonen died like that? Why doesn't he even flinch?! This guy is so much more dangerous than the first one!!!!.

"I..." My mouth trembles as I try to speak.

At that, the floor glows with a red and white light. While I was wondering what was happening now, a magic circle formed from this light. One that I knew very well. The magic circle of Gremory's house.

3