Chapter 9 – Welcome to the V. (Part 1)
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The crowd grasped as Nobita uttered those words. Blue Jinn banged his gavel and said, "Order. I demand order."

The courtroom settled down, and Yagi replied, "Nobita, what's the meaning of this?"

Nobita exhaled and approached the center of the room, then said, "The Lady of the Wraith, as we know, is a neutral spirit. Which means she is neither a light nor a dark spirit. " There is a lack of neutral spirits in this realm, so I believe keeping her alive will prove beneficial to us in the long run here at V. "

Yagi exclaimed, "Are you crazy? She could be a dangerous threat if she somehow were to regain her powers!"

Nobita nudged Yagi with his elbow and replied, "You don't have faith that the V organization will dispatch her if she does?"

The crowd's gaze shifted to Yagi, as if he had just offended them by thinking that.

Blue Jinn reclined in his seat and said, "Nobita does make a good point on the neutral spirits. However, I can't allow her to roam freely in the realm of humans. "

Nobita waved his right hand and replied, "That's an easy fix. Just assign her an observer who could keep her in check."

Yagi tapped his foot rapidly on the ground, "Who would you suggest?"

Nobita pondered it for a few seconds, then said, "How about someone from my team? Sayuri Jo is a pretty competent vassal who has a contract with a spirit known as Kirin. Her achievements include dispatching several C-ranked witches. So will you have an issue with her keeping watch?"

Yagi shifted his focus over to Sayuri, who had a blank expression on her face and replied, "She has a good track record of executing her orders to a t, so I have no objections here."

The crowd kept silent as Blue Jinn handed down the judgement that Avrora would be supervised by V. Avrora breathed a sigh of relief as the handcuffs automatically unlocked and disappeared into thin air.

Ayato's handcuffs did the same, and he said, "Well, I know that you guys will take good care of her." Then he began to walk away.

Nobita said, "Where do you think you're going?"

"Uhh, I figured since she's in your care now, I don't need to be here."

A creepy smile crept up on Nobita's face as he appeared behind Ayato and grabbed his left shoulder.

"You're a vassal who's had a contract with Lady of the Wraith, so that means you're required to be here as well."

"I mean, that makes sense from a logical standpoint, but I think I'll pass on the entire thing."

Nobita dug his fingers deeply into Ayato's shoulder and replied, "You don't have much of a choice here."

Ayato sighed in disappointment and gave up, "Fine, you guys win. I'll stay." 

Nobita replied, "Good" while releasing his grip from the shoulder then snapped his fingers.

The surrounding area warped a bit, and Avrora, Ayato, Nobita, and Sayuri all appeared in another room.

This room was more of an office setting. It was approximately 250 square feet of space. An oakwood desk was neatly tucked into the right side of the room. The walls on the left side of the room were made up of large tinted glass panels, which also acted as a viewing point if you wanted to have an extensive look at the city.

Nobita snapped his fingers again and said, "Have a seat."

Three soft-cushioned chairs appeared, and they took a seat."

Nobita did the same behind his work desk and said, "Everyone should be comfortable here."

Avrora excitedly said, "So you're a vassal for a neutral spirit based on your unique spiritual gift."

Nobita leaned forward with both his elbows on the desk and replied, "Yes, I am a vassal who entered into a contract with Gulus the neutral spirit."

"Oh, I haven't heard the name Gulus in a while. How is he?"

"You know the usual. Just micromanaging his other vassals." 

Ayato cleared his throat and said, "So do I have a unique spiritual gift as well?"

Avrora shrugged her shoulders and said, "Every vassal has one. If you're in a contract with a light spirit, your unique spiritual gift will be classified as a blessing; if you're in a contract with a dark spirit, your unique spiritual gift will be classified as a hex; and if you're in a contract with a neutral spirit, your unique spiritual gift will be considered a void."

She continued, after pausing to yawn, "However, I can't say what your gift is until you actually use it. It could be something similar to Nobita, who has the gift of space manipulation."

Nobita interrupted the conversation, "Right now that you're under the watchful eye of V. I should set some ground rules."

Ayato interrupted him and said, "We don't even know what V is."

"Oh right, Avrora wouldn't have known because of her 500 year disappearance, but V is an organization formed by some of the spirits who are in the earth realm in order to fend off the witches. They use their vassals as the swords and shields of mankind. Think of us as exorcists who work in the shadows."

Ayato stroked his imaginary goatee and said, "Sureee exorcists, you say?" Also, if I am correctly understanding this, you're about to tell me that I have no choice but to join this organization because I am Avrora's vassal."

Nobita stood up from his seat and said, "That's correct. I am so relieved that I don't have to explain it to you any further." He then snapped his fingers.

Ayato's casual clothing of a t-shirt and jeans were switched out for the standard V uniform of a long-sleeved dress shirt, gunmetal grey tie, and long dress pants.

Ayato patted himself on the body and said, "I am starting to think that you're beginning to troll me with that gift of yours."

Nobita motioned for Sayuri to stand up and said, "It has come to my knowledge that you're aware of Mr. Amaya."

Sayuri replied, "We're somewhat classmates at our university."

Nobita smiled and said, "Great." Please show Mr. Amaya around while I have an extensive chat with Avrora."

Avrora complained, "It better not be more questions about dumb, stupid things that happened 500 years ago."

"No no, it's something way more interesting than that."

Sayuri, with no type of emotion in her tone, said to Ayato, "Please follow me for a tour around your new work place."

Ayato placed his hands in his pants pockets and replied, "It's not like I am being given a choice here."

 

1