Chapter 238 – The Void Century
78 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jayr POV - Blue Star, Grand Line, Fish-man Island - 21 GAP

The meeting between Poseidon, the Royal Family of the Ryugu Kingdom, and the Revolutionary Army was for sure full of surprises, especially for the people of the Revolutionary Army, who were immediately told that Poseidon's Marinas would ensure the complete eradication of all the people in charge leaving to the Revolutionary Army to take care of the mess left behind by the aftermath of the fall of the World Government.

Of course, hearing that Dragon quickly rebutted that such a plan of action solution was way too simplistic and that would cause more harm than good as there are many things to consider and prepare for before actually bringing down the World Government, first of all, one has to consider the reactions of both the Marines and the pirates that would surely cause much death and chaos, and that is only the most basic thing one has to consider, and that at the current moment they are nowhere ready enough to ensure that the World Government fall is followed by as little damage as possible. 

Then he added that it was ridiculous to expect that a handful of men with only the support of the Sea King would be enough to bring down the World Government that was able to rule over this world for so many years. 

But before he could continue, Poseidon stood up and showed his godly might by causing the whole world to shake, making everyone present here remember why he was called the "Earthshaker" as he declared that he didn't need to worry about such inane things especially since he holds absolute power as the God of the Sea, finally revealing his identity as he pressured Dragon and the other with his Divine Cosmo to make them instinctively realize that they are truly standing in front of a deity. 

And then, after he held back his temper and stopped to make the whole world and the Revolutionary Army people's souls shake, he declared that a single one of his Marina Generals would be enough to bring down the whole World Government without any issue and the only reason he will dispatch all his available men is to ensure that no one takes advantage of that moment of chaos to harm this world and its people.

He also told to Dragon that the only reason that he wanted to work with him was that he and his men had no desire to be entangled with the muddy work of governing over the people and that it simply wasn't his wish to rule over mortals but to guide and protect them and this world toward a better future and in turn be worshipped and respected for it. 

After Poseidon's outburst, the situation cooled down and Sorrento stepped forward and proposed to show the veracity behind his God's word by fighting against all the people of the Revolutionary Army in a friendly spar, and curious Dragon and the others agreed to fight.

Of course, the result was that Sorrento easily dominated the fight with Dragon and the others completely unable to do anything to him as the difference in power was just way too much, Sorrento didn't even have to use any of his techniques to overwhelm the six of them fighting together.

Moreover, with the defensive power of the Siren Scale, which is comparable to that of a Gold Cloth, Dragon and the other members of the Revolutionary Army were unable to land a single effective blow on him even if Sorrento stood still and let himself be hit, even the advance form of Busoshoku Haki (Armament Haki), the one known as Internal Destruction was ineffective against him, simply because the Cosmo imbued into the Scale blocked their Haki from flowing into his body.

At the very least, thanks to this show, I finally found out what Devil Fruit Dragon ate, and no, it wasn't the Kaze Kaze no Mi (Wind Wind Fruit) the Devil Fruit that the fandom thought to be the most likely one, but the Mythical Zoan Devil Fruit, Uma Uma no Mi, Model: Kirin (Horse Horse Fruit, Model: Heavenly Dragon) which I admit seems quite fitting as the Kirin is a mythical creature from China/Japan who looks like a dragon-horse hybrid, which is normally said to bring forth prosperity and tend to appear during the reign of a peaceful, benevolent and kind ruler, and that it possesses many supernatural abilities one of which is control over the wind and weather.

After the humbling battle the discussion became a lot more constructive, especially once the people of the Revolutionary Army were introduced to Sea Horse Baian, Scylla Io, Limnade Caça, and Chrysaor Krishna, the other 4 Marina Generals who are just as strong as Sorrento, and in addition, they learned about the existence of the many Marina Captains, and the Marina Soldier, who are comparable to Athena's Silver Saints, which most likely are already stronger than most of the Admirals and Yonkos (Four Emperor), and the Bronze Saints, whose levels vary the most from simple city to island destroyers, which is a frightening force compared to those available to this world. 

They quickly started to discuss the best way to act to prevent as much damage as possible, of course, the ones talking were mostly Sorrento, Dragon, King Neptune, and Queen Otohime, but I, Saori, Eri, and the others also gave our input and suggestion from time to time, meanwhile, Poseidon didn't care too much about those small details as long as he reaches his objective and gets what he wants, which means that Poseidon mostly chatted with me and Saori.

He told us about how he finally started to feel getting stronger for the first time in his existence, how his strength and power started to increase once the people of Fish-man Island started to worship him allowing him to fully connect with this world dominated by the sea and how thanks to that his own Divinity started to refine and improve, to the point that he finally feels that he is equal to his brother, Zeus.

He also told us that it is very likely that this world also used to have deities, in fact, he believed that a version of himself and the other Olympians was also present in this world an uncountable number of years ago, because not only he was able to connect his Divinity with this world very easily almost like he was welcomed back, but once he connected to this world, he found traces of Divinity that are eerily similar to his own and those of his brothers and the other all over the place, and the strongest of them all is present in Shirahoshi who feels like a very distant descendant.

I admit that this revelation while surprising isn't that much out of the possibility, after all, the Ancient Weapons are actually named after Greek/Roman Gods, and the world of One Piece itself is full of references from Greek Mythology, so it isn't that much impossible that a long time ago the Greek Gods, or some version of them actually existed in this universe.

After some time, the discussion between the three parties finally came to an end and they devised a rough draft for the plan of destroying and taking over the World Government, not so surprisingly, the plan also involved getting in touch with the Marines, more specifically with those more trustworthy and with Doctor Vegapunk, who I now learned is frequently in contact with Dragon and even agrees with many of his ideas but the only reason he didn't join the Revolutionary Army was that he deemed it too poor to help with his research. 

Once everyone was satisfied with the first draft of the plan, King Neptune invited everyone to his palace to have a feast to celebrate the impending fall of the World Government and the coming of a new era, one hopefully better than the current one, and so, everyone starts to head back to the Ryugu Palace, where Queen Otohime starts to give orders to prepare for the feast.

But before the start of the feast, I thought that it would be nice if the other two very important members of the Revolutionary Army could also be present, not only to learn the good news about what was going to happen, but also to enjoy a good time with their comrades, and so, without wasting any more time, I head to the courtyard with Dragon and the others and then, I use my Cosmic Awareness to search for both of them, something that it isn't so hard as they both are quite unique individual, and then, once I have locked on on them, I didn't hesitate to teleport them here in front of everyone making the bewildered figures of the last two founding member of the Revolutionary Army appear.

One is a large man with a disproportionally large head. He sports an afro of indigo hair, which is large enough to hold people inside it, as seen holding Inazuma During Marineford, and has long eyelashes, he also has a noticeably odd-shaped chin resembling an arrowhead and has a personal Jolly Roger tattooed just below his chest.

As an okama, he dresses in a reddish-purple woman's leotard with a high collar and a deep V-neck that reaches down to his belly, and wears matching gloves and boots, as well as a pearl necklace, he also wears a net cape on his back and matching net leggings, in addition to heavy, but tasteful makeup. 

To signify his queen-ship of New Kama Land, he wears a queen's crown with a king's crown on top, he is of course, Emporio Ivankov the "Okama King", one of the Revolutionary Army's founding members, as well as the commander of the G Army, which covers the Grand Line also known as simply Ivan.

(Image Here - Emporio Ivankov)

Spoiler

[collapse]

The other one is an enormous man, 6,89 meters tall, he is the second tallest of the former Warlords being three centimeters shorter than Gecko Moria. 

His black hair is long and curly, and he commonly styles it to include a pair of round protrusions that resemble bear ears, he also has a long protruding chin. 

He wears glasses with clear-mirrored lenses that cover his eyes, a gray hat with black paw-like prints, and the dark blue fabric of his grey pants is covered in black spots, while his black jacket contains a large white design reminiscent of a target crosshair or a coda sign, there are also several white paw prints lining the bottom hem of his coat. 

He is Bartholomew Kuma a Seven Warlord of the Sea, the former king of the Sorbet Kingdom, and an officer and founding member of the Revolutionary Army.

(Image Here - Bartholomew Kuma)

Spoiler

[collapse]

Obviously, both Kuma and Ivan are confused by the sudden change, but Dragon's presence is able to quickly reassure them, then they both are quite surprised when Dragon briefly tells them what is going on, no the more adept term is shocked, especially when they learned that the World Government may really fall very soon, but after that, Ivan starts to cheers loudly while Kuma maintains his calm.

Meanwhile, as I look at Kuma and Ivan, I remember that at the moment, Kuma is going through the process of becoming some kind of puppet cyborg to gain the trust of the World Government or for some other reason, but since the World Government is basically doomed, there is no further need for him to go through that painful process, and so, I propose to Kuma to fully restore his body as I will only need a few moments to fix everything.

This time, every member of the Revolutionary Army is surprised, especially once they learn that I can actually cure everything without any problem, but suddenly, Kuma kneels down and begs me to heal his daughter, which makes me mentally scream, 'Who? How!? When!?" even more so when I learn that his daughter is actually Jewelry Freaking Bonney and that at the current time she is only 9 years old, which also means that at the time of her debut in the manga, the hot pink-haired woman in her 20s or so was, in fact, freaking 10.

Of course, after the small internal crisis, I didn't hesitate to treat her, especially, once I learned that she contracted the extremely rare Sapphire Scales illness, a rare and fatal disease that causes the victim's skin to grow sapphire-like stones, which can accelerate from exposure to natural light, whether sunlight or moonlight and although the growth of the stones can be stalled by avoiding light, these stones will eventually cover the victim's entire body, leading to their death within a few years.

I once again use my Cosmic Awareness and search for Bonney, and once I lock on her position, I quickly teleport her here, of course at the same time, I also make sure to use my Spiral Cosmo to block all the natural light in the area while at the same time using some simple fireballs to illuminate the surrounding.

Soon the figure of a slim, cute 9-year-old girl with long light pink hair and purple eyes wearing a white low-cut tank top, along with a pair of orange-and-black striped buckled shorts with long, thin suspenders is seen as she energetically looks around confused. 

(Image Here - Jewelry Bonney)

Spoiler

[collapse]

At the least until she sees Kuma's figure, and at that point, she rushes toward him crying about him never writing her which confuses Kume as he explains that he has written a letter to her basically every month since they separated but then he turns silent as he realizes something and simply hugs back his daughter showing all the care and love he has for her.

While this heartwarming scene is going on, I focus on Bonney and instantly notice that the Sapphire Scales illness has many traits in common with the Erythropoietic Protoporphyria (EPP), a disease that causes photosensitivity and in which sun exposure causes swelling, pain, and burning, Ichthyosis, also known as "Fish Scale Disease", which is characterized by dry, thickened and scaly skin, and Porphyria, a disease that also has a reputation linked to vampirism but overall, is also quite easy for me to deal with it and so I don't waste any time and quickly use my Spiral Cosmo to eradicate this illness from Bonney's body.

Once I have healed Bonney, we all take part in the feast organized by King Neptune and Queen Otohime where we enjoy the peculiar cuisine of Fish-men Island and have fun for the rest of the day.

Jayr POV - Blue Star, Grand Line, Fish-man Island - 21 GAP

The next day I head with Robin toward the Sea Forest, a place northeast of Fish-Man Island.

The Sea Forest is located on the Sea Floor, it has a lot of coral growing around it, more so than normal due to the light emitted by the Sunlight Tree Eve, it is populated by all kinds of sea fauna, including schools of fish and pods of whales. 

There are also several shipwrecks there because sunken ships are dragged there by the ocean currents, thus the epithet "Ship Graveyard".

The reason why we are here is because Robin asked me to use my abilities to help her gather all the Poneglyphs, and since I plan to leave this universe soon, I see nothing wrong in helping Robin fulfill her wish, especially since I have to spend little to no effort to do so.

Once we are standing in front of the Poneglyph that resides here, I don't waste any time and fully use my Cosmic Awareness to search the whole world for all the other Poneglyphs then after I find them, I imbue my Spiral Cosmo in all the remaining twenty-nine, then with a smirk, I materialize a perfect copy of them right next to the one in front of us while thinking, 'Yup, it is just that simple, sense the Poneglyphs presence with my Cosming Awareness that can easily cover the whole world, and simply copy them without no one knowing...' 

Of course, as soon as the thirty Poneglyphs appear in front of her, Robin briefly thanks me before she focuses on them, and after studying them for many hours, she finally learns the true history of this world.

(AN: Author Warning! Everything you are going to read is something I came up with after hours of study of the story, looking around Reddit, and pure imagination, which means that it makes some sense and some of it could even be close to the truth if I'm lucky but it is in no way canonical. But despite that, I think that at the very least it could be interesting, especially for lore lovers.) 

Soon an emotional Robin starts to narrate about what she just learned, "Before the start of the missing century, the world was a calm place, sure wars happened but they weren't anything out of the ordinary, the sea was calm and the world wasn't divided into 6 regions, rather that there were continents which were as large as a few of the current islands combined and no species like giants,lunarians. The world had 8 moons which weren't white, rather they had colors and upon close look, different species."

Then she starts to talk about the start of the Void Century the first 10 years to be more specific, which unexpectedly starts with a great catastrophe, and the species known as Lunarians saw it first, they noticed the fact that their homeworld was going to collide with the other 7 neighbors other, "The Lunarians talked with other species on how to stop it, but as it would turn out, there weren't any solutions which wouldn't require the sacrifice of 1 species' homeworld, the debate on how to stop it went on and on with no results. As much as people wanted to save every world, they all headed and started to make homes in the nearby world known as the Blue Star behind each other's backs. The only ones who still hadn't done that were Lunarians and Fish-men. When the end became obvious, they both went down together. The Lunarians planted a tree, which would suffice their needs, and helped the Fish-men who lived deep underwater get light down there. This would embark the start of the century where the people of Blue Star had to adjust to living with their new neighbors, as none of the species came here before as all of them agreed that Blue Star wasn't advanced enough."

At this point, Robin narrates the event of the next 10 years or so, "When all of them reached Blue Star, not everyone's welcome was the same. The giants were revered for their great Strength and Mead and as the giant's culture bore closest resemblance to Humans, they had no trouble adjusting to their new world. Unlike the giants, the Fish-men were called monsters, they were always either captured for their beauty or killed based upon prejudice. Meanwhile, the Lunarians were starting to be called Gods, as their strength, endurance, and powers surpassed all living in this world. Moreover, the Lunarians were safe as they lived atop the Giant tree no one could reach."

After that, she talks about the next period, the formation of the first kingdoms, "Outside of the races of Giants, Lunarians, and Fish-men. Other races started to integrate into the society, the winged people that made the sky islands their home were very helpful with weather patterns and were able to help many kingdoms which solved their drought and famine. The people of the Third Eye were able to use their powers to help kingdoms fend off disease. Not all were able to get this sort of treatment as many were still turned into slaves for the kingdoms. Overall 19 kingdoms of men arose and as time went by the discussions about the newly reformed moon began. All the species wanted to rebuild themselves on that new land of freedom, but none were able to due to discourse among themselves. Slowly many of these species and kingdoms saw the treachery of the world and decided to stand together as a single nation of all. They would call themselves utopia and their royalties were the culmination of the best of all worlds. These royalty signified themselves by adding the name of their kingdom to their name, Dion. The main players that had a hand in making this utopia a reality were a group of four people, their names were not of concern but the world came to know their leader as JoyBoy, Warrior of Liberation, and later the Sun God, Nika with his close friends who were later given the title of Rain God, Earth God, and Forest God."

(AN: Yup I chose "Dion" as the name of the fabled Ancient Kingdom, not only because it starts with "D" which can be connected to the will of D, but also because it is the ancient name of a sacred city near the Mount Olympus, making use of the usual reference to Greek Mythology that Master Oda often makes use of.)

Then Robin narrates of the golden era of the Dion Kingdom, "JoyBoy's first plan was to make their home civilized, and so they used all the wisdom of every species to advance themselves, they created weapons of mass destruction in case of enemies, each of these required at least 3 species to be used. They were broken into 3 pieces; The key, the medium, and the power. As they progressed, they shared their knowledge with other kingdoms in exchange that they would stop their wars and join them, seeing such beings of strength being kind for a change. Many of these kingdoms accepted and helped utopia become timeless. These kingdoms also accepted the moniker of Dion such a clan was the Kozuki who helped them create an everlasting piece of stone with a language inscribed that can't be broken. During the end of this time of peace and tranquility. Joyboy made a promise to Mermaid Princess that they would live above the sea and that her people should prepare for their travels and so the Fish-men started the construction of the Noah."

Soon, Robin's story starts to take a darker turn, "As time went on the Dion Kingdom became the hub for all kingdoms, it became home to the world's finest. But there were those who rejected the offer as they had their own prejudice, greed, and ambitions, and slowly but surely 18 of these kingdoms came together to fight the utopia and their allies. The question then became how to beat this invincible nation. The kingdoms planted spies everywhere in utopia, so as to learn about their weaknesses. And after many years they found out the information of a very powerful being. This being was known as Imu. The kingdoms learned that Imu was a being hated by all, as Imu was the cause behind the catastrophe of many years ago. They also learned that Imu can't be killed and hence the Lunarians have a prison to hold Imu. They also understood that Lunarians are not actually invincible, but rather that their flames helped them. The kingdom learned about a secret passage at sea level with which they could attack the Lunarians. Taking advantage of that the kingdoms of men killed the lunarians, the only ones who survived were the ones not on the tree. The Kingdom also learned that Imu could make use of this tree to grant them all the powers they dreamed of. The kingdoms offered Imu with a simple deal: help us defeat the Dion Kingdom and the world is yours to rule with us. Imu accepted."

Robin continues with her story, "The war started when the kingdoms took one of the islands which served as its outpost. The Dion Kingdom thought of it as nothing more than a tantrum and just got everyone out of there, as the island didn't hold anything precious and it was very far from the home to keep it secured. Meanwhile, Imu made use of a branch of the Lunarians Tree to create a power so dangerous that it would change the very nature of the world: The Devil Fruits. Imu created devil fruits by trapping the imagination and desires of every living being. Imu took advantage of the tremendous effect that war had on people, so much so, that they imagined and wished for powers that could help them. Imu started out with myths and the living creatures of the world and made them into Devil Fruit powers, examples are Phoenix, Dragons, Deer, Lions, etc. These came to be known as Zoan Type Devil Fruits. He also used the imagination of the world to create powers that later came to be known as Logia and Paramecia types. Soon this process became autonomous and didn't need Imu. As the war went on, the Dion Kingdom sent one of his allies as a spy: the Nefatari Family and their kingdom. They became part of the previously 19 kingdoms. They sent details about where the weapon Pluton is as a gesture of assurance. But it was way too late as the war went on the kingdom gained more and more advantages and the Dion Kingdom became a shell of its former self, especially after the death of 3 of the four Gods, many kingdoms allied with them started to sail away and change their location as a means to hide themselves from this oncoming storm. JoyBoy wrote a letter to the mermaid princess asking for forgiveness. The Dionians stood the war for 25 years because of an ability they learned known as Haki. Haki was able to counteract all of these Devil fruits, they also learned that these Fruits had a major flaw in them, They won't work in water. This helped them stabilize in the war for a decade, but its toll broke them and in the end, The mink's leader Zunesha unknowingly betrayed Joyboy by giving his location away, and as a result, he was cursed to walk upon the Blue Star as punishment."

Robin then ends her narration of the events, "JoyBoy knew that this was the end for him, but he knew that dreams will live on into the hearts of the Dion, he asked the Three Eyed if they can ever recover. The Three Eyed said yes, that 800 years into the future he and his friend will be given another chance thanks to the very same powers of their enemy. This set JoyBoy's final plan in motion. The plan was for the pieces to be set, he sent all of his Poneglyphs to different places, many with the location of the most powerful weapons. He knew even if the enemy found it, they won't be able to use it, he also made 4 Poneglyphs, given to 3 of his most trusted allies, with the coordinates to where he will hide the seed he left behind. He gave one to Zunesha, as means of forgiveness and to tell him "wait for my return". He got one of these devil fruits and gave it to the daughter of a close friend. And she used it powers to send certain items JoyBoy held dearest to in the Future where his successor would find it. Before leaving the island for his last stance he left a message on the island, explaining everything. Joyboy went against the kingdoms on his own as a last stance against everything they stand for, he defeated hundreds of their finest warriors, freed thousands from the slaves. At the end when Imu arrived he was too tired. Imu killed JoyBoy and laughed at his legacy of failure, JoyBoy just laughed back and died with a smile on his face."

Robin heavily sighs and then she says, "With the threat of the Dion Kingdom gone, now it was time to make sure that their rule would hold and enstabilished the World Government. They made the Kings into World Nobles and let them have free power. They divided the World into multiple regions and destroyed the advancements made by the Dion Kingdom and all traces of the previous history to ensure that never again would something like the Dion Kingdom rise again. Imu went into darkness holding onto the power over the world. They also used their powers to clear the minds of all and fed them their lies about the greatness of the World Government and about the order and peace it enstabilished."

Bonus!

Have a Nice Day, Ciao!

9