Chapter 242 – You’re Welcome
82 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jayr POV - Blue Star, Grand Line, New World - 21 GAP

After discussing with Whitebeard about what is going to happen in the near future, receiving his promise in ensuring that he and his men will keep in check the situation in the areas under his control and a good chuck of the New World by making sure that the pirates will behave, and removing a growing cancer before it could fester, I leave behind the Whitebeard Pirates' main ship, the Moby Dick, and soar through the air while carrying Koby using my Telekinesis to head toward my last destination.

I can already see it in the distance, a small, unnamed island with a calm tropical climate, full of vegetation and lively but harmless animals, basically, it looks like a small piece of paradise, the perfect place to rest and relax without any worry.

Some distance away from the island, I also noticed the presence of a big three-mast Galleon with a dragon-like figurehead anchored there, funnily enough, the vessel carried a bunch of palm trees on board, similar to how the Going Merry and the Thousand Sunny carried Nami's tangerine trees, that is clearly the ship of my last target, the Red Force, the ship used by the Red Hair Pirates.

The Red Hair Pirates are an extremely infamous and powerful pirate crew ruling in the New World, captained by their chief, Red-Haired Shanks, one of the Four Emperors and a former apprentice of the Roger Pirates.

The Red Hair Pirates are quite famous as they are the first pirate crew to appear in the manga and the second to appear in the anime, next to the Alvida Pirates. 

They are the main influences on the journeys of both the main protagonist Monkey D. Luffy as he was inspired by Shanks to become a pirate, and of Usopp, as he wants to become a brave warrior of the sea just like his father Yasopp. 

After taking a quick look at the ship, I focus my attention on the beach of the island where I can already see many figures relaxing and having fun seemingly without a care about what is happening in the world, but among the many people present, I can only recognize 4 of them.

One is a man who has a round body shape, wearing goggles over his eyes, and he is merrily eating a rack of meat as he jokes around with his companion with a happy smile plastered on his face. 

He wears a green t-shirt with white vertical stripes on it, paired with a matching bandanna on his head, short beige pants with a dark green sash around his waist, and green shoes with fur around the ankles, and he has a yellow coat draped over his shoulders like a cape, with a fur-lined collar and red epaulets with black stripes on them. 

He is Lucky Roux, one of the Senior Officers, a combatant, and the cook of the Red Hair Pirates, despite the fact that not much about him is known, every time he appeared, he was always very close to Shanks, hinting about the trust that Shanks has of his capabilities, and from what I can sense, rightly so as from what I can sense Lucky Roux is slightly stronger than Katagiri, and the most trusted officers of Kaidou, I'd say that he feels more or less at the same level of Marco.

(Image Here - Lucky Roux)

Spoiler

[collapse]

Then I focus on another very familiar individual as his appearance is very similar to his son, Usopp, however, he does not share the same long nose and has blond hair styled in dreadlocks, the former being a hereditary trait of Usopp's mother, as well as her darker shade of hair, moreover, he is much more muscular compared to his son.

He has his name written on his upper right arm while he is dressed in a dark A-shirt, short pants, standard boots, and a large belt with a bag attached to it, there is also a little necklace around his neck, moreover, he retains his trademark star-patterned cape, and he has his rifle attached to his back via a band.

He is of course, Yasopp, known as "Chaser", the father of "God" Usopp, one of the Senior Officers and the sniper of the Red Hair Pirates, who just like Lucky Roux hides quite a bit of strength behind his casual and even goofy attitude, his Kenbunshoku Haki (Observation Haki) is especially exceptional in both range and mastery, after all, I sensed that I entered within his range quite some time ago, hell, his range is even wider than that of Enel, and he used his Devil Fruit to enhance it to ridiculous proportions.

(Image Here - Yasopp)

Spoiler

[collapse]

After those two, my gaze moves to the second strongest person on that island, Benn Beckman, the first mate of the Red Hair Pirates, and damn, he is a strong one, in fact, from what I can sense, he is very close to the ceiling of this world's power scale, with the likes of the Admirals, Mihawks, Dragon and any other top fighters.

Beckman is a tall man, standing at a height of 2,06 meters, his hair is long, grey, and slicked-back, he also has a large, X-shaped scar on his left temple.

His outfit has changed very little compared to what I remember of his first appearance in the anime, he now wears a black, v-neck shirt with three-quarter sleeves along with loose gray pants with numerous pockets on them, tucked inside his buckled boots. 

Like most of the other Red Hair Pirates, he wears a sash around his waist, to which he attaches his trusty rifle in a pistol-like fashion, the only thing added to his attire is his spiral-patterned cloak.

(Image Here - Benn Beckman)

Spoiler

[collapse]

Of course, in the end, I focus on the strongest and most important person on that island, "Red-Haired" Shanks, commonly known as just "Red Hair", is the chief of the Red Hair Pirates and one of the Four Emperors that rule over the New World, in fact, he is the youngest of the Four Emperor, even if at the moment, the number is actually two as I have already dealt with Big Mom and Kaidou.

Shanks is a tall, muscular man with a tan complexion, among the original lineup of the Four Emperors, he stood out as the smallest, most normal-sized human by far, as the others being inhumanly proportioned to varying degrees.

True to his epithet, Shanks has distinctly red middle-length, wavy hair, which seen from over here looks like a deep crimson. 

Worthy of note is that his current hairstyle is different from the one I remember seeing in the anime in his first appearance, as Shanks' first-seen hairstyle was a straight, middle-parted one kept loosely down to nape length, with shorter, at eye level, curtained bangs in the front, but now, he has slightly longer hair, wavier, and more slicked back than before, except for some few strands he lets fall down the sides of his face, pushed farther sideward than said prior bangs.

On his face resides a secondary trademark, a triple set of parallel, linear scars that pass vertically, at an angle over his left, untouched, eye, revealed to have been given to him by Blackbeard some unknown time before the start of the series, in fact, it is very likely that he even received those scars before he actually became an Emperor as he already had them when Luffy was a very young child. 

As did his hair, Shanks' face also went through a few changes, initially, it appeared more youthful, with a soft jawline tapering down to a small, pointy chin, his features were similarly milder than later depictions and, save for his small nose, also larger, most so his plain black eyes, topped by thin brows.

But now his appearances show him more markedly countenanced, with the square of his jaw, the sharper, narrower pair of eyes, and the chiseled, more prominently bridged nose lending him a manlier appearance, more consistently stays his facial hair, however, as he has always kept it in a neatly thin connection of beard and mustache stubble, forming the beginnings of a circle beard.

Clothes-wise, Shanks used to wear a certain straw hat obtained from Gol D. Roger, his former captain, that was synonymous with his image until he passed it on to Luffy. 

Otherwise, Shanks' outfit always includes a sweeping long, sleeveless, high-collared cape of black color beneath a simple, white shirt half-buttoned up, exposing the middle of his chest and upper abs. 

Additionally, Shanks is wearing a pair of pants with a green-yellow, indiscernible floral pattern revealing plenty of leg hair, and his shirt is left out of his sash, which is shown holding his saber at his right side. 

Finally, his footwear consists of simple brown sandals, their soles gray studded.

Additionally, Shanks' left arm is missing from below the deltoid, as a result of him saving Luffy from a Sea King when the future Straw Hat captain was just a child, something I'm pretty sure he did deliberately as it is impossible for someone of the level of Shanks to actually be harmed by such a puny low-level Sea King as the one that lived in the East Blue near the shores of Foosha Village, in fact, from what I can sense, he could have easily used his Busoshoku Haki (Armament Haki) to let the Sea King chew his arm for hours without receiving any kind of harm, probably the only reason he did so was to teach something to Luffy.

Or maybe he was so drunk that when he realized what happened to his arm the only thing in his mind was something of the like, "Ow shit! I was more drunk than I thought, luckily it is my left one... Well, better make up a cool-sounding excuse. I bet my arm on the new generation, yeah! that sounds cool! Makino will like it too... nothing helps more in getting laid than heroically saving a lovable kid's life.''

(Image Here - Shanks)

Spoiler

[collapse]

The man is currently sitting on the sand of the beach watching the sea with a content smile and of course a bottle of rum in his hand as his crew parties and relaxes around him.

He is indeed one of the most mysterious and at the same time, important background characters of this world, ever since the beginning of the series, Shanks has been always relevant and somewhat present or mentioned throughout Luffy's whole adventure, usually being shown accompanying Luffy's ever-growing reputation as a pirate.

Sailing with the infamous Roger Pirates since he was an infant, Shanks would begin his pirate career on their ship as an apprentice alongside Buggy, before forming his own crew following Roger's death.

Ten years ago, while operating in the East Blue, Shanks inspired the young village boy, Monkey D. Luffy to go on his own pirate journey, thus being responsible for the boy becoming the notorious outlaw he is today. 

He also accidentally provided Luffy with the Gomu Gomu no Mi to eat, and even sacrificed his left arm to save the boy from being eaten by the Lord of the Coast out at sea. Most notably, he also owned the straw hat that once belonged to Gol D. Roger himself and has become Luffy's signature accessory, having gifted it to the boy as part of a promise for them to meet again someday, he is indeed quite important to the story of this world, or at the very least it is so in the original canon version of it.

Soon Koby and I land on the beach right in front of Shanks and casually greet him, "Hello there." which makes all the people present stop what they were doing and focus on us, especially Yasopp, Lucky Roux, Ben Beckmam, who look at us with a very gaze as they weren't able to feel us approaching as I have been hiding our presence from their senses.

But different from them, Shanks appears still relaxed as he looks at me and greets back with a grin on his face, "Hello! Hello! To what do I own the pleasure of this visit?" but despite his calm and relaxed appearance, I can still notice a hint of wariness in his demeanor as his hand is nonchalantly resting on the hilt of his sword ready to hold and draw it in an instant notice.

I keep my gaze locked on Shanks as I start with introducing ourselves, "My name is Pucci Jayr, wandering doctor, and this young man beside me is Koby, my student and an upcoming Marine who wishes to become an Admiral one day and protect the people from everything that can bring them harm..." as I introduce him, Koby lightly bows while saying, "Nice to meet you..."

Meanwhile, I continue as I move on to the part where I explain to them our reasons for coming here, "... As for the reason behind our presence here... well, to make a long story short, we are here to inform you about a monumental event that in the near future is going to change this world forever, hopefully for the better, and to request your help in making sure that everything flows in the smoothest way possible with as little casualties as possible, especially among the innocent civilians..." 

After saying that, I start to go into details as I explain to them everything they need to know, about the Marinas and their alliance with the Ryugu Kingdom, about the Revolutionary Army joining forces with them, about the Void Century, about the Blue Star Union and its objectives, about the deal with the Marine, about the fate of the Big Mom and the Beast Pirates, and of course, about my recent meeting with Whitebeard.

Needless to say most of the crew of the Red Hair Pirates present reacted with shock and disbelief to what I just revealed, in fact, the only ones that didn't show any change on their facial expression were Shanks and Ben Beckman, especially when I talked about the Void Century as from their reactions it seems as they already knew most of what I was telling them. 

But even that changed when I unleashed my presence and Spiral Cosmo and gave them a glimpse of my capabilities, before telling them about the what kind of force is behind those imminent and inevitable changes, I told them about Poseidon, his origin, his goals, and more than everything, the kind of power and devastation that he can unleash.

In the end, Shanks also agrees to my request to ensure that no innocent civilian will be harmed by pirates and other evildoers trying to take advantage of the chaotic period that will follow the fall of the World Government and the rise of the Blue Star Union, and with that, I gift them a few barrels of my homemade mead before teleporting back to Fish-man Island and enjoy the rest of the remaining time I have left in this Universe relaxing with my family and friends.

Jayr POV - Blue Star, Grand Line, Fish-man Island - 21 GAP

I'm together with my family, friends, and the Royal Family of the Ryugu Kingdom as we watch from the palace the festivities happening all over Fish-man Island as the jubilant people can't help but show their happiness and joy while tears fall from their eyes. 

It finally happened, the World Government fell, and for the first time ever, Fish-man Island was illuminated by the light of the sun as Poseidon used his Divine Cosmo to make the island surface as soon as he learned of his Marina's victory and the Revolutionary Army firmly got the situation under control.

After waiting for a few long, tense weeks for their allies to prepare everything, the attack on the World Government finally began starting with all the principal facilities of the World Government and major allied kingdoms at the hands of the Revolutionary Army, but since Poseidon wanted to make sure that nothing unexpected happened, he also dispatched the Marina Captains and the Marina Soldier all over the world to help the people of the Revolutionary Army in ensuring that their targets were brought down or under control as soon as possible. 

At the same time, all his Marina Generals under Poseidon's command finally began their swift, devasting attack on the World Government, by attacking the Holy Land Mary Geoise, which isn't only the capital of the World Government where its top brass resides and govern, the God's Knights have jurisdiction, and where the Celestial Dragons reside, but it is also the place that hosts the Levely, a council of royalty from various World Government-affiliated nations that is in session every four years, basically, it can be said that it is the core of the World Government as whole.

Thanks to the information brought by Dragon and the rest of the Revolutionary Army, plus what we all have learned from the Void Century, all of them had clear targets and objectives. 

Sea Horse Baian had to deal with all the military forces within the Holy Land Mary Geoise, especially, he had to focus on the God's Knights.

Scylla Io had to eliminate all the members of the Cipher Police within the city, free the slaves, and help with the evacuations of the civilians and slaves using the Sea Kings to transport them to safety, while Limnade Caça made sure to use his exceptional talents in Mind Reading to search the minds of everyone, especially the Celestial Dragon, and ruthlessly eliminate those among them who aren't worthy of even being called a human being.

Chrysaor Krishna had one of the most simple and direct jobs, he just had to get rid of the Five Elders, Saint Jaygarcia Saturn, Saint Marcus Mars, Saint Topman Warcury, Saint Ethanbaron V. Nusjuro, Saint Shepherd Ju Peter, well, it was indeed simple, if one ignores the fact that all five of them were Mythical Zone Type Devil Fruit User, all of which awakened, but surprisingly they were also all Magic User with a powerful form of immortality, which made them quite the tricky opponents, luckily the difference in power between Krishna, who is the second strongest Marina General, and them was way too wide, so he was able to emerge victorious, but the resulting fight did devastate the whole Holy Land Mary Geoise.

Then there was Siren Sorrento, the strongest Marina General, he obviously had the toughest job, he had to fight against the mysterious Imu, and what a surprise, Imu was in fact, a tall, gorgeous white-haired woman, at least she appeared so until she seriously started to fight and transformed into a giant eldrich monster.

From what Sorrento told us, Imu was quite tricky to deal with, not only she was physically very powerful with many strange abilities and powers, but she also had a very strong form of immortality, to the point that she could regenerate her body from nothing, and even her soul as long as a small piece of it remained intact, and a part of her soul can be found in the Devil Fruit Tree that was hidden somewhere, which made it quite tricky to actually kill her. 

Moreover, she was also a very powerful Magic User, and I'm talking about Ehit's level of power, which means she was able to cause destruction at a planetary level. 

Luckily, Sorrento was more than capable of dealing with her, moreover, he had Poseidon's guide and Divine Protection with him which had a quite deadly effect on Imu as the weakness that all the Devil Fruits share basically originated from her, but not only was her magic unable to directly affect Sorrento and his Scale, but every time she touched the Scale she became quite a lot weaker and even allowed Poseidon to locate her the piece of her soul found in the Devil Fruit Tree which was located somewhere within the Red Line. 

Knowing this allowed Sorrento to unleash a full-power Dead End Climax which completely obliterated Imu's body and with it also a good chuck of the Red Line, in addition to the Devil Fruit Tree hidden underground and the pieces of Imu's soul.

Then Poseidon with his Cosmic Awareness, noticed that very small traces of Imu's soul could be found within the Devil Fruits and used his Divine Cosmo to gather all the remaining fragments of Imu's soul within the Devil Fruits before they could absorb the life force of the Devil Fruit User to revive her once again and sealed them within the Athena's Urn.

After that, Dragon made his move and quickly gathered all the kingdoms that were already on his side, and with the Marine on his side, he established the Blue Star Union and started to work hard to fix every damage and wrongdoing that the World Government did cause throughout all these years.

Meanwhile, Sorrento brought back to Poseidon a piece of the Devil Fruit Tree and intrigued by it, Poseidon chose to transplant it into his realm and grow it with his Divine Cosmo, bidding it to him and erasing all traces of Imu from it.

The result of such action was that the Devil Fruits immediately lost all their inherent weakness to water and Seastones, allowing the users to maintain their powers and be able to swim without any problem, but that isn't the only change, as now, together with the Devil Fruit, another kind of fruit began to grow on the former Devil Fruit Tree, a fruit that Poseidon called Sea Fruits, which allowed those who ate it to evolve their Haki into Cosmo, something that we confirmed when Koby ate one. 

After the celebrations for the changes that are happening all over the world are over, it is time for us to leave this universe and return to our home, and so, it is time to say goodbye to our friends.

Standing in front of me on the shores of Fish-man Island there are Koby, Gad, Saphir, Rubis, Emeraude, the Ryugu Royal Family with Jinbe and the Royal Guards, the Marina Generals, Captain, and Soldiers as I say my goodbyes once more while Saori, Seika, Eri, Tio, Alvida, Galen, Kharna, Python, Bidi, Nikita, Zandeer, and Robin, who decided to come with us and learn about the histories of the countless world we will visit, wait for me on the deck of the Athena's God Bidoof.

Looking at Koby who timidly looks at me with eyes that tell me that he wants to say something but finds himself unable to, I immediately realize what is going and then I suddenly remember a scene from a movie I saw with the kids, Moana and say, "What I believe you're trying to say is "Thank you."..." making Koby mutter, "Thank you... but..." 

A grin forms on my face as I use my Spiral Cosmo to produce a piece of familiar upbeat music and start to sing my own version of a song found in that movie, "♪Okay, okay, I see what's happening here. You're face to face with greatness, and it's strange. You don't even know how you feel. It's adorable. Well, it's nice to see that humans never change.♪"

While singing the introduction, I watch the confused expression on Koby's and the other's faces as I remove my shirt and take a pose as I continue, "♪Open your eyes, let's begin. Yes, it's really me, it's Jayr. Breathe it in. I know it's a lot. The hair, the bod. When you're staring at a true god.♪"

Then I start to move around him as I continue, "♪What can I say except, "You're welcome". For the training, the guide, the life. Hey, it's okay, it's okay. You're welcome. I'm just an ordinary godly guy.♪"

I start to produce images of the time he spent together with us as I sing, more specifically of the time we trained together "♪Hey! What has two thumbs and shoots you up in the sky when you were training yeah high? This guy! When trained you against the cold, who froze you starting from down below? You're lookin' at him, yo! Oh, also I lassoed a shark. You're welcome. To chase after you when you swam. Also, I harnessed the breeze. You're welcome. To form a tornado and turn you firm like trees. So what can I say except you're welcome. For the mountains, I pulled from the sea. There's no need to pray, it's okay. You're welcome. Ha, I guess it's just my way of being me. You're welcome. You're welcome.♪"

As he watches the scenes appearing around us, tears start to form and fall from Koby's eyes, then the scene changes and now show also tidbits of the things I experienced "♪Well, come to think of it. Kid, honestly I could go on and on I could explain every supernatural phenomenon. The tide, the grass, the ground. Oh, that was Jayr just messing around. I found a baddy. I kicked his nuts. Tortured his soul till' he regrets his acts. What's the lesson? What is the take-away? Don't mess with Jayr when he's on a break-away. And the tattoos here on my skin. Is the result of the things I did. Look where I've been. I make everything happen. Look at that mean mini-Gunmen just tickety-tappin'♪"

At this point, I tap Koby on the back using my Divinity to bless him while also instilling in his mind how to train is newly formed Cosmo, at the same time, I contact everyone on the Athena's God Bidoof and tell them to enter inside while telling Bidi to start the process for the Perceptual Teleportation as I sing the last verses, "♪Well, anyway let me say, "You're welcome". For the wonderful journey you know. Hey, it's okay, it's okay, you're welcome. Well, come to think of it, I gotta go. Hey, it's your day to say, "You're welcome". 'Cause you're going to make me proud. I'm going away, away, you're welcome. 'Cause Jayr can do anything but stop.You're welcome. You're welcome. And thank you!♪"

As soon as the song finishes, I jump on top of the Athena's God Bidoof's deck and infuse my Spiral Cosmo into it and quickly a golden swirling portal appears in front of the ship, which, under Bidi's control, flies through it and start the journey back to our home universe.

Have a Nice Day, Ciao!

8