Chapter 253 – Meeting Ruki
112 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jayr POV - Real World, Earth, Japan, Tokyo - 2001

We don't have to wait too long for the first of our guests to arrive, as a figure quickly jumps down from a nearby building and lands in a shadowy zone of the open area of the construction site where we battled the pack of Fangmon and Drak Tyranomon just a few minutes ago.

The figure then steps out of the shadow revealing itself, it is a bipedal fox-like Digimon, most of its body is covered in yellow fur, save for the tips of its tail and ears, underbelly, hands, and legs from the knees down, and the purple futatsudomoe symbols on its thighs. 

It also has wing-like tufts of yellow fur on its shoulders and a large, mane-like tuft of white fur on its chest, it wears purple sleeves that cover its forearms with yin-yang symbols on the back of the hands, and it also has three clawed fingers on its hands and three clawed toes on its feet, but the most eye-catching feature are its shining black eyes with indigo pupils.

This Digimon is clearly Renamon, the Digimon Partner of Makino Ruki, it became Ruki's partner after Ruki received her D-Ark, shortly after her win in the Digimon Grand Prix, a Digimon Card Game tournament. 

(Image Here - Renamon)

Spoiler

[collapse]

I take advantage of this brief moment of silence to bring up my D-Ark and look at what the Digimon Analyzer has to say about Renamon, of course, I also use my Telephaty to tell Wormmon, V-mon, and Patamon what I'm reading, [Renamon. Child level. A Beast Man Digimon with the appearance of a golden fox. The relationship Renamon has with humans is directly apparent; it is said that depending on how it was raised during its time as a Baby, it can evolve into a Renamon of particularly high intelligence. It is always calm, cool, and collected, as well as disciplined enough not to lose that composure in any situation. Its slender, tall appearance stands out when compared with other Child levels, and rather than emphasizing power in battle, it instead makes sport of the enemy with various techniques that utilize its speed. Its Signature Move is a transformation art in which it copies the opponent's appearance and re-covers itself in that texture (Kohenkyo). Its Special Move is throwing sharpened leaves at the opponent (Koyousetsu).] 

Quickly after that, I look at Renamon's figure with a smile on my face as I casually greet the Digimon, "Hello there!" but before Renamon could even try to say anything, Patamon, who is calmly sitting on top of my head, quickly adds, "General Kenobi!" making Renamon widen its eyes in disbelief while I let out a groan, "Please, Patamon!"

In response, Patamon justifies himself, "Come on, Jayr... It was just too juicy of an occasion to let it slip by. Furthermore, look at that Digimon! It is so tense, serious, and uptight... It needs to loosen up a little." 

Meanwhile, I sense that the other presence, the human one, is also about to arrive, and indeed, soon a girlish voice is heard as it yells, "Renamon! The Digital Field is already gone! Did you find the Digimon and already took care of it?"

Quickly after that, I see a girl quickly running into the open area of this construction site and stopping on the spot as she notices our presence, then she exclaims, "What!? Who are you?" 

At the same time, Renamon quickly moves to her side ready to protect her from any harm and I take advantage of this moment to take a closer look at the girl, who is obviously Renamon's Tamer, Makino Ruki.

Ruki is a girl with fair skin, purple eyes, and ginger shoulder-length hair worn up in a ponytail held by a blue hair tie, she wears a white T-shirt with short turquoise sleeves, a yellow turtleneck, and a dark blue broken heart on the front, with short button-fly blue jeans, red wrist bands, white socks, red steel-toed sneakers, and buckles around her waist and left leg.

(Image Here - Makino Ruki)

Spoiler

[collapse]

I also notice that she is wearing her D-Ark and a card case on her belt, and focusing especially on this last one, I wonder in my mind, 'Should I also buy one of those? I think I should, I can't just randomly put all the cards that my Digimon may need in my pocket and leave them in my mansion in the Soulbound Territory it isn't that practical as I have to open a portal every time I need them...'

While I'm thinking that, I also casually greet Ruki while asking, "Hello, little girl... Didn't your parents and teacher teach you that it is rude to ask someone who they are without introducing yourself first?"

In response, Ruki stares at me noticing the presence of Wormmon, V-mon, and Patamon, and mutters, "Three Digimon? I didn't know that so many Digimon came to this world..." then she once again looks at me and coldly says, "There is no need for such pleasantries here. This is a Digimon Battle and only the strongest one will come at the top!"

After saying that, she brings out her D-Ark and commands, "Renamon! Get ready! This will be a good test for us!"

At the same time, Wormmon simply asks, "Is it just me or does that girl seem a little too... how to say... intense?" making Patamon and V-mon nod as they clearly agree with Wormmon.

At the same time, I notice that she also activates the Digimon Analyzer function of her D-Ark to study her "opponents" totally discarding the idea of avoiding the fight altogether, and then she starts by focusing on the one she thinks is the major threat, "V-mon. Child level. A new species of Digimon that was discovered recently. As a survivor of a species that flourished in the Genesis of the Digital World, it is able to perform "Armor evolution", a "pseudo-evolution" using the Digimentals. Among others, V-mon is an excellent Combat Species, as it possesses hidden power, and demonstrates tremendous abilities by Armor evolving. Although it has a mischievous, prank-loving personality, it has another side with a strong sense of justice. Its Signature Move is swinging both of its arms in circles, striking the opponent (Bunbun Punch). Its Special Move is knocking down the opponent with an intense headbutt (V-mon Head)."

Then she moves on and without stopping continues, "Wormmom. Child level. A Larva Digimon with a timid, cowardly personality. Just like V-mon and the others, it's a descendant of an ancient species, so it is able to perform special Armor evolutions, but since Wormmon is powerless when by itself, it can't possibly match up to larger Digimon. However, by Armor evolving with the power of the Digimentals, it is able to manifest unbelievable power. Also, it is said that in order for the fragile larva to grow into a powerful imago, Wormmon will one day evolve into an Adult overflowing with power. It can definitely be said that it is a Digimon who has hidden potential for the future. Its Special Moves are spitting out the threads of a tough, adhesive net, completely restricting the opponent's movements (Nebaneba Net), and spitting out stiff threads that are as thin as a silk thread but as pointed and sharp as a needle (Silk Thread)."

And concludes with Patamon, "Patamon. Child level. A Mammal Digimon characterized by its large ears. It is able to fly through the air by using them as large wings, but because it only goes at a speed of 1 km/h, it is said that it is definitely faster walking. However, it's very popular because its appearance is cute when it is desperately flying (though it seems that it doesn't feel the same). Due to its extremely obedient personality, its trainers are well-defended. Also, even though Patamon doesn't wear a Holy Ring, it is able to exhibit its hidden holy power, and it appears to have inherited the genes of ancient Digimon. Its Special Moves are sucking in the air then spewing an air shot out in one burst (Air Shot), and striking the opponent with its large ears (Hane Binta)."

After going through what the Digimon Analyzer says, she comments, "This should be fairly easy, after all. All three are Child Level Digimon... but you are clearly superior to them. Just follow the plan and you will swiftly defeat them and load their Data bringing you closer to your evolution."

At this point, I can't help but comment, "Load their Data? Really? You are a Tamer and that is the best you can come up with? That is no different from how wild Digimon gets more powerful and evolve! That isn't the right way to make your partner stronger!"

V-mon then steps forward and says, "That's right! There is no need for us to fight and load other Digimon's Data! We simply need to train a little and then it will be the bond that we have with our Tamer that will give us all the power we need to evolve!"

Hearing that, Ruki snorts and replies, "That's stupid! Renamon wants to fight. You are a Tamer too, isn't it? You should know the reason why a Digimon is born. They are born to fight and evolve! Renamon!"

With her Tamer's command, Renamon doesn't hesitate and jumps high in the air, crosses its arms, and yells, "Koyosetsu!" spreads its arms wide open and fires a barrage of sharpened leaves at us that shine like glowing glass.

In response to this attack, I sigh while thinking, 'She isn't exactly wrong... Digimon are born with a very strong fighting instinct and their ultimate goal is that of evolving... but they aren't only that! They aren't tools for battle! Digimon are much, much more. They are like every living sentient being, all different from one other, and all with their own feelings and emotions. They are trusted partners, close friends, even family. The sooner she realizes this, the sooner she will be able to appreciate what her bond with Renamon will bring them...'

While watching the sharpened leaves launched by Renamon quickly approaching us, at the same time, I calmly ask, "Patamon, can you please take care of that?" 

In response, Patamon replies, "No problem, Jary!" then he flaps his ears/wings to lift off from my head, inflates himself with air, and yells, "Air Shot!" expelling a burst of air from his mouth.

The next moment, Patamon's Air Shot clashes against Renamon's Koyosetsu with a loud explosion, rending all the sharpened leaves harmless as they get blown away by the powerful burst of air expelled by Patamon.

Seeing that Patamon successfully deflected Renamon's attack, I smile and say, "Good job, Patamon. Wormmon, it is your turn..." making the Digimon resting on my shoulder exclaim, "Yes, Jayr!"

At the same time, on the other side of the construction site, Ruki who is closely watching the ongoing fight, yells, "What are you doing, Renamon!? Those small fries aren't your opponent! You are much stronger than them! Hurry up and defeat them!"

Still in mid-air, Renamon hears this, nods, and adjusts its body in the best way possible so that it will be able to land and make the next move as fast as possible, but just before Renamon can actually touch the ground and start its next attack, Wormmon times his move perfectly as it calls out his technique name, "Nebaneba Net!" making Ruki yell in slight panic, "Renamon, watch out!"

But it is too late as Wormmon spits out the threads of a tough, adhesive net, which quickly flies toward the helpless Renamon, who at the moment can't do anything to defend itself or dodge as it is still far from the ground making it unable to do anything.

The next moment, as expected, Wormmon's technique hits Renamon directly completely restricting its movements, leaving it at the mercy of anyone who could have ill intention against it.

But of course, Ruki is already prepared for situations like these, so, she doesn't hesitate to pull out a card out of the card case attached to her belt and also bring out her D-Ark while shouting, "Card Slash!" 

She then swipes the card in the slot on the right-hand side of her D-Ark, and once she completes this action, she calls out the name of the card she just swiped, "Meramon!"

The effect is instantaneous as Renamon's hands start burning as the card gives it the ability to use Meramon's Burning Fist technique, then it quickly uses its heat to burn off Wormmon's tough, adhesive net, breaking free from it with little to no effort on its part.

Seeing that, I can't help but nod and acknowledge Ruki's smarts and resourcefulness by commenting, "Not bad..." while at the same time thinking, 'As expected of the Digimon Queen... even if something unexpected happens she is still able to quickly come up with a solution. That isn't something that anyone can easily pull off, it needs a lot of cold blood, preparation, experience, and ingenuity to be able to do it. The fact that she is able to do so already speaks volumes of her talent in this field...' 

While I'm thinking that, I also decide that it is time to end this, especially more so as I sense that Saori, Tio, and Alvida just arrived in my mansion and I prefer to spend time with my wives than continue to play with Ruki and Renamon.

Coming to that conclusion, I smile as I watch Renamon once again run toward me, of course, it is actually aiming at my Digimon Partners not me, but before it can come close to us I make my move, I grab V-mon and using Telepathy, I tell Patamon and Wormmon to hold on me tightly. 

Then I use a little bit of my speed to dodge Renamon and arrive right in front of a surprised Ruki who exclaims, "Wha-! How did you-?"

But I interrupt her, gently smile, and say, "That's it for today. Sorry, but I have to go home now as my wife is waiting for me. But please think deeply about what I'm going to say. Digimon aren't tools for battle. They aren't just Digimon either. They are living beings with their own feelings and emotions. They can be your most trusted friend, even family if you give them the chance."

At the same time, as if on cue Renamon, who just notices what happened, tries to rush back while yelling with clear worry in its tone, "Ruki!" 

I continue to gently smile and add, "Renamon doesn't need to load other Digimon's Data to evolve. In fact, she is already strong enough to do so... There are only a couple of things that are holding her back. For one there is nothing that you can do but wait for a little bit as some higher powers are at play. But the other one is that your bond isn't as strong as it should be... you two clearly have some issues. But don't worry, I'm sure that things will work out between you. I can clearly see that behind that tough exterior, both of you actually care for one other." 

After saying that, I wave my hand while saying, "Ciao!" before I "lightly" kick the ground running away from here at what I consider a very slow speed to avoid looking too "inhuman" and once out of sight, I quickly teleport back home and open a portal to my Soulbound Territory, ready to spend a very pleasant evening with wives.

Ruki POV - Real World, Earth, Japan, Tokyo - 2001

I'm walking back home after the encounter with that strange, tall, handsome, well-dressed man, who is very likely a Tamer like me, and his three Digimon. 

I ignore the busy street and the people around me as my mind is wandering thinking about the recent encounter. 

My mind continues to replay the very brief clash between Renamon and his Wormmon and Patamon, but no matter how I look at it, the only conclusion I can come up with is that the man was basically playing with us the whole time. 

After all, his Digimon only made two moves in total, Patamon blocked Renamon's attack, and Wormmon only restrained Renamon's movement, and that too they did it one at a time, meaning that if they attacked at the same time, Renamon would have been even more helpless, furthermore the V-mon never ever made a move, even when it had the perfect opportunity to attack and defeat the restrained Renamon.

Suddenly a young man behind me calls me out snapping me out of my thoughts as I stop, "Hey you! You wouldn't happen to be the Digimon Queen, would you?" making another one ask, "What kind of queen is that?"

The same young man who first talked to me then says, "Oh, c'mon! Remember the one who went to the finals in last year's Digimon Card Battle?" which makes the other one question, "T-That's her?"

At this point, I simply turn around and look at them and see three young men, who are older than me, maybe middle schoolers, two look at me with curiosity while the other one looks excited as he comments, "She's really strong! She was even the grand prize winner of the Catcode Tamer tournament!"

Seeing that they are only some curious fans, I simply politely nod before turning around and continuing walking until I stop on the border of the sidewalk in front of the crosswalk and say, "Renamon." calling out for my Digimon who I know is following me unseen by the other people around us.

Soon, I hear Renamon's voice beside me as it appears behind me unnoticed by the other people around us, and asks, "What is it, Ruki?"

In response, I started to say what had been in my mind since we left that construction site, "You want to be stronger, don't you? Then get stronger! Much stronger!"

Without any hesitation, Renamon simply replies, "I will." but hearing that, I can't help but feel upset, and turning around to look at Renamon, I ask, "Then how come you haven't evolved yet?"

Renamon eyes widen a little as it says, "Well..." but before it can say anything else, I add letting out my bottled frustrations, "We've defeated quite a lot of opponents. You've even loaded their Data, too! So how come you won't evolve?"

In response, Renamon only replies with, "I don't know." making me say, "I don't need a Digimon who doesn't evolve." then I once again turn around as the traffic light gives the signal that it is now safe to walk across the crossway and Renamon once again disappears from my sight to follow me unseen by everyone else.

As I walk, I can't help but regret a little what I just said to Renamon, and then I remember the words that the strange man told me and mutter, "Digimon as friends? Don't be ridiculous. There is no way that is the reason behind Renamon being unable to evolve..."

Jayr POV - Real World, Earth, Japan, Tokyo - 2001

The day after I together with my Digimon Partners fought the pack of Fangmon and DarkTyranomon to test the Card Slash function and from my brief encounter with Ruki and Renamon, like all the early morning, I, Patamon, Wormmon, and V-mon started our day quite early by training in the training area that I have built in my house at least we do so until Zandeer, Nikita, Agumon, and Blucomon joins us.

Looking at my companion walking inside with their Digimon following behind as they greet us, at the same time, I can't help myself from stopping while thinking, 'Talking about Zandeer and Nikita, I'm forced to admit that my plan about them catching the attention and being invited to join the Hypnos Organization clearly failed.'

The reason behind the failure is also obvious once I thought about it some more, basically, Hypnos is actually a government organization, whose original purpose was to monitor the electronic communications of half the Earth as a SIGINT system for the Japanese government. 

Because of the legal issues of violating privacy, Hypnos is kept secret from the public just as the project, ECHELON that was created in my previous life. 

So it is literally impossible for such an organization to actually hire foreign individuals, even more so if these individuals have a connection to other countries' military forces.

So in the end, Zandeer and Nikita easily decided to simply relax and enjoy this period, of course, it isn't like they do nothing at all, as they take care of the Digimon who slip past Hypnos and Realize in this world before they do too much damage. 

Soon, I'm brought back from my thoughts by Agumon and V-mon, who once again start to fight, especially since Agumon started with its strongest move, the BB Burner, where it releases the flames stored in its mouth in one powerful shot, which is hot enough to easily melt through steel, luckily I reinforced the training area to such level that even if they evolved to the Perfect level, it would still be able to endure through their fight. 

In response, V-mon dodges the attack with practiced ease, and instantly counterattacks with his V-mon Head, launching himself at Agumon hitting it with an intense headbutt that sends Agumon crashing against a nearby wall.

But soon Agumon gets up and yells, "Zandeer! Let's show them the results of our countless battles!" making Zandeer sigh before he grabs his D-Ark and starts to gather his Reiryoku (Spiritual Power) into his hand.
 
Then he looks at me and with a smile he says, "Sorry, but this is important for Agumon!" quickly after saying that he inputs his, Reiryoku (Spiritual Power) into his D-Ark and instantly Agumon starts to shine while yelling, "Agumon evolves...!" his shining figure grows bigger and as the light fades away, it calls out its new name, "...Greymon!" 

Of course, this is Agumon's evolution Greymon, a Ceratosaurus-like Digimon whose design carries elements of the classic monster Gomora but holds itself in a more realistic, bestial position, It has three clawed fingers on its hands and three clawed toes on its feet, with claws protruding from its heels, wears a black rhinoceros beetle-like skull on its head with three sharp horns, two on the sides of its head and one on top of the snout, it also has bony protrusions on its knees and a bladed metal tip at the end of its tail. 

Just like Agumon is a black variant of the regular Agumon, moreover one with his X-Antibody activated, Greymon is a dark variant of the usual Greymon, its skin is blue with red stripes instead of orange with blue stripes.

(Image Here - Greymon (Blue) X)

Spoiler

[collapse]

While looking at the proud figure of the evolved Greymon, I smile while commenting, "It seems that Wormmon was right. Agumon was indeed the first one to reach the Adult level among our partners. As expected by the poster child of this universe..."

After saying that, I bring up my D-Ark and use the Digimon Analyzer, and quickly after the image of Graymon and its relevant information is projected from the D-Ark, I start to read them out loud, "Greymon (Blue). Adult level. A Virus attributes Greymon with a bluish-black body. While it has been called a feral Greymon, befitting its more violent disposition, it is in no way a lone wolf and possesses enough intelligence to work together with its allies as a team. Its Special Move is a blast of high-temperature flames spewed from its mouth (Mega Flame). This particular variant has a high concentration of X-Antibody. In addition to increased aggressiveness, it has become more intelligent and identifies the enemy's weak points and vitals to advance the battle in its favor. When it is certain of victory, it will unleash its pent-up carnivorous dinosaur-like ferocity all at once and attack in waves. Its Special Move "Mega Flame" has become the tremendously powerful "Mega Burst", and it has also acquired "Blader Tail", in which it tears the enemy to pieces with the tip of its tail." 

At the same time, Greymon laughs as he says, "Hahaha! Now that I've evolved to the Adult level you aren't my match anymore! My victory is now guaranteed!"

But V-mon simply smiles and says, "Jayr! Let's show Greymon the power of a Digimon Saint!" confusing Greymon who tilts its head while Zandeer and Nikita who seem to guess something mutter at the same time, ""Don't tell me?""

Meanwhile, hearing that, I smile and bring out my own D-Ark and a specific card from my pocket, and then, I hold on to my D-Ark while grabbing the card I intend to use and I shout, "Card Slash!" swiping the card in the slot on its right-hand side of the D-Ark, and once I completed this action, I call out the name of the card I just swiped, "Digimental of Courage! Digimental Up!"

In response, V-mon's whole body is enveloped in flames as it yells, "V-mon, Armor Evolve...!" then his body which is enveloped in flames starts to grow and change shape, and soon after the transformation is complete, the flames are blown away showing its new form as it declares, "...Fladramon!" making Greymon comment in exasperation realizing that its chance of victory over its rival is way smaller than before, "Oh damn it!"

Bonus!

Have a Nice Day, Ciao!

5