58. Mothra
1.1k 6 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mom?", Caelicetus repeated after Mothra, voices wavering with confusion, minds rapidly searching as to what could lead to such a ridiculous claim from the undying moth. 

He rapidly got to a very likely hypothesis, one he was unsure how to feel about, Earth was under the reign of his Mother, she created life just like him and as such titan too. Mothra being from what he knew capable of infinitely reincarnating herself with her memories as long as she has laid an egg.

If his Mother's relationship with her creation was similar to his own then that made Mothra his 'sister'. And also make any first-generation titan that would have survived this long his 'sisters' and 'brothers' and all of their descendants related to him even if not by blood.

He needed confirmation before getting to a hasty if very plausible conclusion. He was already having emotional turmoil at this discovery, anything related to him was a touchy subject.

Caelicetus was a kid for his species biologically speaking, an orphan at that, his species was highly social, empathetic for one another, and incredibly intelligent didn't help. Emotions were illogical and his computing power didn't change that.

He was the equivalent of a wild child to a human, one with enough power to destroy stellar systems.

The space whale willed a giant wormhole below the clouds, Mothra surprised him, she took flight and flew right through the wormhole. Not even letting him the time to speak again.

"Mom!?", the giant moth once through the wormhole said, voice distressed and hopeful, she looked around with her compound eyes. Her majestic wings at her emotional glowing an ethereal blue.

The nonbattered, wild, and alien nature of the Moon was none important as her gaze fell upon the glowing golden light that Caelicetus naturally emitted, and like a moth drawn to a flame she flew right at him. 

Before she could advance any further she was stopped in the air, the hold was gentle and stopped any movement. This snapped her back to reality, having realized the intensity and foolishness of her act, and before she could panic Caelicetus spoke.

"No, I'm not 'Mom'. If I understand who you are referring to then I'm deeply sorry to announce this... Mother passed away eons ago just before giving birth to me. Mom is… Not with us anymore. I'm sorry to have given you false hope.", his voices were deathly calm and grave.

The youngest sounding of the three voices nearly got out of synch, wavering on multiple occasions.

Freeing Mothra of his grasp he swam downward while the moth, shocked by this revelation, one she dearly didn't want to believe let herself fall, only stopped at the last second before she violently hit the ground by Caelicetus reducing her momentum to zero. 

The Queen of Monsters rose on her 6 legs, her mind clear if shaken, tucking her wings she gazed with an instinctual reverence at the Astrocetus peacefully floating above. Hundreds of questions floated in her mind and before she could speak the space whale did as he felt she was calm enough.

"Let's introduce ourselves first and foremost. My name is Caelicetus, son of Terracetus as you might have deduced, and the last living Astrocetus in the Cosmos. And you?", he said, body glowing ever so brightly.

"I-I… Forgot my real name many, many lives ago… But humans throughout the ages civilizations called me by many names and thought of me as a deity, a Goddess of Life and Rebirth. You can call me Mothra, Caelicetus.", Mothra said, unsure of how to proceed, this situation was something entirely new and unexpected.

And so the following hours flew by as the two spoke of many things, learning about one another, Caelicetus having the confirmation that indeed they are 'siblings'. 

Caelicetus asked about how was their Mother, wanting to learn more about this being who gave birth to him but he was slightly disappointed as Mothra's memories of that time were merely vague feelings and sensations, she needed to think of that and dug deep to get anything significant. 

A part of him was jealous, envious of her about this aspect, and he honestly communicated to her there was no need to lie, this greatly saddened her but that truth was always better. Even if it hurt. 

But there was no enmity, there was no reason for such human concepts, they are two prideful beings, one ever rebirthing older than humanity and another that could control one of the four fundamentals. 

Both knew and acknowledged it was beyond her control and as such, it was merely a fact for then. A fact with no true consequence but one that needed to be said. Stupid drama over a misunderstanding was for humans.

Mothra asked one question, something that bothered and confused and made Caelicetus' eyes boggle out nearly comically.

"Caelicetus… Without sounding offensive Mom Why are you so small?", it was blunt and without context but after his initial reaction.

"Urgg… I was put into cryptobiosis by our Mother at birth before the last Earth mass extinction event… And woke up around ten Earth years ago. And I'm not small.", he responded with irritation mixed with amusement at the end. 

He was small compared to an average adult male was three times bigger and an average female two times bigger. The size also varied depending on the number of eyes and as such power

"That must have been hard… And you are this strong?!", her bioluminescent wings flashing at her surprise but it explained why her brother's presence and overall feel were peculiar. She could also roughly cause the 'power' of a titan and he was strong, as if not superior to Terracetus. 

However it was unrefined but he was incredibly young, so young that she had difficulty comprehending how that was even possible. Astrocetus were strong but a calf of this species normally isn't as strong as an adult of this same species.

"Ghidorah Supplement does wonder to me even if some are more hardy and gimmicky than others to kill.", he said, showing his two flippers that were slowly growing back. His demeanor told her he didn't want to talk about his injury and she respected that.

'Gimmicky…?', Mothra thought, confused about this word in this context. 

The discussion continued on, and he informed her of a potential threat in the forms of other Ghidorah, one being the Great Void and the current chaos on Earth thanks to one foolish human. 

Information that scarred her to her core, the Great Void in particular, and what the human did make her furious, she should have killed the female human and not let it use this strange metal box with shiny light.

"Oh, I'm curious about one thing. You are the Queen of Monsters, and Godzilla is the King of Monsters…", he paused, a dangerous glint in his golden and vantablack eyes.

"Interesting titles, I do think it a bit derogatory as you aren't monsters, and not wanting to sound like an ass… Can't even begin to understand what it truly signifies, but that's beside the point.", he trailed off before continuing.

"Does the royalties part of it have any correlation to your actual relationship with one another? I mean a giant glowing Lepidoptera and a giant radioactive squamate… How, simply how there should be some morphological problem?", he asked seemingly innocently, a real question.

"Huhhhhh… Yesn't. It's a secret between me and hubby."

_______________________

"Titanus Mosura is back on Earth… Magnificent… So they must be able to speak which following this meant that she has a degree of sapiens and as such probably all other titans. Fascinating and terrifying.", Serizawa said to no one, dark bags under his eyes. It was the middle of the night and he couldn't sleep.

Too many things were on his mind and working himself till exhaustion was a good way to distract himself while being productive. He is a workaholic. His eyelids felt incredibly heavy and he suddenly fell asleep, face-planted on the state of art keyboard.

39