New Lide and Annoying Shrimp
543 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mordred stood on top of a pile of butchered knights covered from head to toe in blood. She was panting heavily as a full day of slaughtering knights had finally tired her out. Her mana was running on empty as well so she was running on fumes.  One more charged at her as she raised Clarent and cleaved him in half.

Blood sputtered in all directions with most of it landing on her armor. It did not change much anyway with how caked with blood the former white and red armor was. She stabbed Clarent into the pile of bodies to keep standing to take a breather.

All that went out the window when she felt that familiar presence. She looked to her right where she saw her 'father' walking toward her.  Rage began to build at the sight of the father who rejected her.

"Look all around you King of Knights. Your precious kingdom lay in ruble all because you did not give me the throne."

Without a word, Artoria raised her sword which just caused Mordred more anger.

"WHY DO YOU NOT LOOK AT ME!"

She charged forward and swung Clarent toward Artoria. For all her power Mordred was a weaker version of Artoria so she was pushed back in the first exchange. However, Artoria did lose her sword so that should have been an advantage.

Sadly for Mordred, King Arthur still had another stronger weapon. The Holy Lance Rhongomyniad was drawn and before Artoria moved she spoke one last time.

"Never once did I hate you, you simply lacked what makes one king."

She appeared in front of Mordred and stabbed her through the chest. Her heavy armor was as fragile as glass in the face of Rhongomyniad. Her helmet burst apart as blood dripped down her face almost identical to Artoria.

"F-ather."

Even dead still bound by a curse she swung her sword down and slashed open King Arthur's armor and chest. As they both had acquired great prestige they were both about to enter the throne of heroes. However, that did not happen for Mordred who was alive once more and sitting on top of a giant skull in front of a statue.

She was sitting straight up still wearing her armor which had a hole in the chest and back. Her sword Clarent was on her lap and strangely enough Excalibur as well. She looked at both swords that were laying on her lap with a confused expression.

She crossed her arms as she continued to stare at Excalibur which belonged to her father. How in the hell did she manage to acquire it? She for sure was not holding it when she died.

"How?"

That was the important question as she for sure died. One does not get stabbed through the chest and live to tell the tale or at least she did not. She tried to get up and fell on her face as she was very tired.

Her mana was nearly empty as she was sent here in the state she was in just before her death. She got to her feet anyway and grabbed both swords not willing to leave either behind. She looked at Excalibur with shining eyes as who would not be giddy to be in possession of such a sword. She was totally not trying to forget her last couple of hours of life. No, that was not something she was trying to do. Totaly.

She shook her head and maybe a few hidden tears no one would see. She placed both swords onto her hips as she crossed her arms and looked back at the statue. She crossed her arms as she looked at it.

She tilted her head as she walked up to it.

"Weird statue."

She knocked on it and found it to be solid stone. A small red and black bird began to buzz around her head which Mordred grabbed out of the air.

"Quit it or I will eat you."

Mordred looked at the stage bird and saw intelligence in its gaze.

"You some kind of Phantasmal or something?"

Just as she was looking at the bird she heard someone screaming.

"DAMN THAT YUNO! I WILL PROVE THEM ALL WRONG AND BECOME THE WIZARD KING!"

She let go of the storage bird that flew away while she walked to the edge of the skull to see who it was. She saw a grey-haired kid who was almost exactly as tall as she was which was short. She was only 5'1 after all, but he might be able to answer some questions.

She lept down from the top of the skull and landed perfectly in front of him causing him to fall on his ass.

"AHHHHH!"

"STOP SCREAMING!"

"BUT YOU ARE SCREAMING TOO!"

Mordred crossed her arms as she looked down at him.

"Who are you?"

Asta picked himself up and dusted off his shirt.

"Oh, name Asta and I want to be the Wizard King. Also, your armor has a big hole in it."

Mordred nodded.

"I hardly noticed."

Asta looked at her oddly.

"Really? I thought it obvious."

She looked at him with a deadpan look on her face.

'Ok, kids an idiot.'

She shook her head as she looked at Asta.

"Alright Asta, where am I? What is this big skull? What the hell is the Wizard King?"

Asta was beyond confused. Someone who did not know who the Wizard King was?

"Well, this is Hage village in the Forbidden Realm of the Clover Kingdom. The skull is that of a demon and the Wizard King is the Wizard King."

Mordred sure as hell never heard of a place called the Clover Kingdom.

'Where the hell am I?'

Mordred sat down as she pondered on what could have happened.

"So why is a girl like you lost?"

Before he could react Clarent was pointed at his neck making him nervous.

"Call me a girl again and your neck will be a sheath."

He paused as he looked at the sword aimed at his neck with wide-open eyes.

"WHY!? You are one."

Her eyes twitched as she sighed no longer in the mood.

"Just don't do it."

She put her sword on her back as she walked away. Asta followed next to her as he was curious now.

"Why don't you want to be called a girl? Did something bad happen?"

Her eyes twitched at how little fear this shrimp had.

"Reasons."

"Mind telling me?"

"Yes, I do mind?"

"Great, I am all ears."

"NO! I mean I mind telling you. Why would I tell you my secrets anyway?"

Asta just smiled.

"Talking about it makes it better does it not? Maybe I can help?"

Her face palmed as she looked at the boy the same height as her.

"Why do I get stuck with the annoying ones?"

"I AM NOT ANNOYING!"

Mordred would swear she just went deaf with how loud he screamed.

"STOP YELLING!"

"YOU JUST YELLED AS WELL!"

She sighed as Asta introduced himself properly.

"Well nice to meet you, you know it already, but I am Asta. What's your name?"

She paused, but as no one would know who she was she did not mind.

"I am Mordred, thanks for the information kid."

"Wait, you are the same age as me so why am I called kid?"

Mordred grinned.

"Cause I am stronger."

That caused tick marks to appear on Asta's face as she waved goodbye. Her helmet rose to cover her face which was a miracle that still worked. Asta noticed as she walked away that her armor was mending itself, but he had the training to do.

"I CAN DO THIS! 1,000 HANDSTAND PUSHUPS!"

That made Mordred nearly trip as she saw him run into the skull to train. Most normal humans could not do that and this kid claimed to be able to do the same. Now a little curious she walked back to see.

She walked back and entered the skull and watched how Asta did his one-handed handstand pushups.

"Hey, do you do this every day?"

He nodded as he kept up his training.

"Sure do, If I want to have any hope to join the Magic Knights and become the Wizard King I have to."

That was something new.

"You said the Wizard King and all, but what is a Magic Knight?"

He messed up as he fell to the ground in shock.

"YOU DON'T KNOW!?"

Once again his screams were annoyingly loud.

"NO! THAT IS WHY I ASKED!"

Mordred sighed as Asta sat down. Her helmet retreated to reveal her face again as she had no reason to hide it really. She sat down in front of him as she waited for him to explain.

"I guess I can tell you, but I want to know why you got mad earlier?"

Her eyes twitched as she cracked her knuckles.

"I am going to beat you up until you are totally purple."

Asta blinked a few times as he backed away.

"Wait, I will tell you. No need to tell me why you hate being called a girl."

She grinned and walked forward.

"It's too late, for that shrimp."

"But you are the same height as me. If I am a shrimp so are you."

Her face twisted at that.

"That is it, you are getting beat up."

Asta's screams resounded in the skull which were heard all the way to the Church. They all just sighed as that was just how Asta was every day. He was always screaming for any number of reasons.

A few minutes later Asta was twitching as Mordred sat in front of him. She poked him with a stick as he only looked a little pained.

"Are you used to getting your ass kicked?"

"NO!"

He got up and began to walk away his training for the day ruined.

"Bye Mordred. I am going home."

Mordred leaned against one of the teeth as she decided to just stay here.

Asta saw that and decided to offer her a place in the church.

"Hey, why don't you just come with me to the Church? I live at the Church with everyone else and I am sure they will let you stay."

Mordred thought about it as it would be better than sleeping out in a giant skull. When they walked outside  Asta looked at the top of the skull where the statue was built up there.

"He is the first Wizard King."

Mordred looked at the state now aware of who it was supposed to be.

"So you want to be the Wizard King? Can you even use magic?"

Asta paused which made her laugh.

"You can't?"

Asta frowned.

"So what, when I get my grimoire I will get super strong magic?"

Mordred thought of that as they walked back to Hage village. She had also noticed how her armor was almost fully closed which was most welcomed. This was still one of her Noble Phantasms after all and it would be a shame to lose.

Seeing her strangely quiet he decided to ask her something.

"Can you not point your sword at people who call you a girl? They will all call you that after all from your face. It is quite cute."

Her eyes twitched as she touched her face.

"It is not cute."

Asta nodded.

"It kind of is."

She just cracked her knuckles.

"Fine, I will just beat them up."

"NO! Not that either."

"Fine."

Hage village was not even that far so at a normal walking pace they managed to reach it in a couple of minutes. Mordred looked around as the villagers worked their fields with magic. They each had a book that floated around them or at their sides.

'So those are grimoires?'

When they noticed the both of them they waved.

"Hey Asta. Who is that girl and why is she in full plate armor?"

Mordred sighed as she decided to get used to it. Without wearing her helmet everyone would call her a girl anyway. Asta spoke up for her though.

"This is Mordred. She was on top of the demon skull when I went there and jumped down to talk."

Mordred continued.

"Yeah, I just woke up in front of it so I was getting the screaming shrimp to help me around."

That made them laugh.

"Yeah, Asta is both of those things."

"I AM NOT SCREAMING SHRIMP!"

That just made the villagers laugh more at how he proved them right. Asta grit his teeth but was forced to chase after Mordred who began to ignore him.

"HEY WAIT!"

When he caught up he started to lead her to the church.

"It is this way."

"Lead the way shrimp."

20