The Black Bulls Hideout.
298 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The selection process of the Magic Knight Captains took nearly the rest of the day so it was mainly waiting around for the end. By the time the last participant had been chosen it was already nightfall. Mordred glanced up at the night sky as the sun had set an hour ago.

"Finally, I thought I would have to wait around all the time. I guess I will see you around Yuno."

Yuno nodded.

"Right. Oh and Asta, get as strong as possible, for I will beat you at your strongest. Then I will be the Wizard King."

Just as Asta was going to do the same his stomach began to rumble making his face turn purple.

"I HAVE TO GO!"

He ran to the bathrooms while holding his stomach as even his face looked pained. Yuno and Mordred shook their heads at the weird shrimp. She patted Yuno on the back hard as she walked away.

"Good luck to you."

He held his back and worried if she left a mark.

"Ow."

Deciding that there was no danger she returned her armor and Excalibur into spirit form but kept Clarent around. She rested the Claymore on her shoulder as she went to look for Yami.  That got some attention as she had been wearing that big bulky armor all day and seeing her without it was a big difference.

Not to mention that her unique attire got some eyes, but Mordred did not care. When she found Yami, Finral, and Gordon they were already waiting. Yami took a puff from his ciggaret as he looked down at her.

"Oh, there you are. Where is the loud kid?"

"Taking a shit."

"When you got to go, you got to go. He better not take that long.

Mordred shrugged and saw Gordon out the corner of her eye.

'Hello, I am Gordon. A pleasure to meet you.'

She actually heard him though.

"Names Mordred Pendragon, same."

Finral kept his urge to flirt down as Mordred was violent. What if she got even madder and cut him in half with that giant sword?

"You can hear him? We all have trouble hearing what he is saying with how quite he is."

"Yeah, it's not that hard. You would have to have crap senses as a mage to not hear what he is saying. I thought you were Magic Knights."

Yami sometimes could not hear him either so that got on his nerves.

"OI! What's that supposed to mean?"

She pointed at his face.

"Your hearing sucks."

"Well, I will have my ears break their limits so I can hear even better than a dog."

Mordred shook her head.

"Good luck with that old man."

Tick marks appeared on his face.

"I'm 28."

Mordred barely kept her laugh restrained. She held her gut as she chuckled.

"Pff, I thought you were 40."

Yami's hand wrapped around her skull and he began to crush down. She felt something from his grip showing that Yami was really strong.

"You got a death brat."

Mordred aimed Clarent at his neck.

"I still have this."

"I have your head."

Mordred and Yami had a stare-off until it was ruined by Asta.

"Phew, sorry I am late. I just had the biggest turd all my life. I guess eating Violet Snake was not a good idea."

Yami put down Mordred as he began to walk over to Asta. He grabbed him by the head instead and this time Asta began to scream in pain.

"WHY!"

Yami looked at him grimly.

"How long do you want to make us wait? Besides who wants to know about your turds. Oi, Finral, open the gate."

Finral walked forward and pulled up his grimoire.

"Right. Spatial Magic:Fallen Angel Gate."

A portal appeared in front of them which drew Mordred's attention. Portals like that were not a thing in her world as least she never saw them. Yami still holding Asta grinned.

"Ready to fly?"

Asta knew what he meant, but before he could beg for mercy Yami chucked him into the portal. Mordred walked into the portal without having to be told. When she walked in she appeared in front of a large man amalgamation of different houses and parts that looked so out of place it made her give a second look.

"That looks unsafe."

"Mordred, please get off."

She looked underneath her feet and saw she was currently stepping on Asta's back.

"Oh, there you are."

She jumped off as Yami, Finrawl, and Gordon walked through it.

"Welcome to the Black Bulls, the worst Magic Knight squad."

Mordred shrugged.

"Well, I guess I will just have to make it the best one. Only that is worthy of a king."

Yami looked at her weirdly.

"You think of yourself as a king?"

Mordred frowned.

"I don't think, I was. For a while at least before I fucked everything up."

Finral sighed.

'Why can't we get anyone normal for a change?'

Yami was curious though.

"What do you mean?"

Mordred got off Asta as she explained.

"Well, I was the son of a King. The King of Knights somewhere. Stuff happens and I ended up causing a rebellion which resulted in the destruction of the kingdom. More bad stuff happened and I lost a fight with my father and appeared out in the boonies of the Clover Kingdom."

Finral sighed.

"You have a good imagination and even if you were you would be the daughter, not the son."

She glared at Finrawl causing him to hide behind Yami. As for Yami, he looked at Mordred carefully as from her KI she had told no lie. He had a similar story of ending up in the Clover Kingdom from The Land of the Rising sun himself.

Who is to say that more continents and countries don't exist in the world? She must have been from one of those continents that had their own magic and power.

"No, she told the truth. But what was that about being the son of the King? You are obviously a girl."

Mordred rubbed the back of her head as she thought about how to answer that.

"Well, I was raised as a son by my mother to be the heir to the throne. However, my father rejected me when I revealed myself and I did not take that very well. Then, I caused the rebellion, but now, I just feel like a total idiot. So what about you? You don't look like everyone else around in the Clover Kingdom?"

Yami took a puff from his ciggeret as he said his own back story.

"Your right. I am not from the Clover Kingdom. I am from a country called the Land of the Rising Sun and I found myself here after a failed fishing trip. Well, your majesty, not as exciting a story is it?"

Mordred perked up at being called your majesty.

"Not really."

Yami laughed at her expression.

"Your majesty."

"Stop that."

As for Asta, he got off the ground and looked at Mordred with sad tears in his eyes.

"You had such a sad story Mordred."

She pushed his face away from her.

"It's not that sad, just stupid from my part."

Asta smiled as he ran toward the Black Bulls base. He opened the door wide open to introduce himself, but a fireball hit him straight in the chest. Mordred watched as he flew in a arc on fire until he hit the ground.

She turned to Yami with a deadpan look on her face.

"That happen often?"

"Everyday, all day. That a problem, your majesty."

"Nope, I am used to rowdy people."

Mordred walked into the already open door ingnorring Asta who was on fire and rolling on the ground. She did not even bother to dodge the second fire ball that exploded directly and englugled her in fire.

Finral panicked.

"WHAT THE HELL!"

Yami looked at the burning torch that Mordred turned into a bit confused. She could totally dodge that so why didn't she? He got his answer when she walked out of the fire just fine. The Pendragon family were part dragon so not only was she resistant to magic, fire was even less of a problem.

"So, these are the Black Bulls?"

Yami walked forward and stoped all of the chaos with a serious show of force. He smashed his fist into the wall and destroyed all of it. She watched as each of the Black Bulls sat in a single file infront of Yami like trained puppies.

He turned to look at Mordred and Asta as they were new to the squad.

"Go on, introduce yourselfs."

Mordred pointed to herself.

"I am Mordred Pendragon and I just want to fight strong people."

Luck jumped to his feet and got right in her face.

"YOU TOO! Let's fight."

She grinned as she never turned down a fight.

"Sure."

Mordred looked at Yami who nodded.

"Go ahead, introductions are done anyway."

"WAIT! What about me?"

Everytone turned to look at Asta who they had not noticed for his lack of mana and presence. Yami squinted his eyes at Asta.

"Oh, I forgot about you. Yeah, go ahead."

"How mean captain. I am Asta from Hage Village and I want to be the Wizard King!"

Manga tilted his head at Asta.

"Hage Village? That is out in the middle of nowhere."

Finral walked forward and introduce each member. These were just the squad members who were present so it was not that many. Just Finral, Gordon, Gauche, Venessa, Gray, and Charmy.

Once they were all introduced Magna got in their faces.

"Well now that the introductions are over it is time for your initiation. You two wil-"

Before he could finish Luck pushed him away.

"Your invitation will be with me Mordred. Let's fight."

"Fine."

They both walked out the now giant hole in the base caused by Yami. Magna turned to look at Asta.

"Fine, you are with me."

"YES SIR!"

Following this all of the Black Bulls went outside of the base to deal with the initiation. Yami already knew that Mordred had about as much Magic or maybe more than a Magic Knight captain. Plus she was a royal and royals usually had far more magic than nobles and commoners.

"You two ready?"

Mordred rested Clarent on her shoulder ready to go.

"Ready."

"Let's start! Come On! Come One! Start Already!"

Yami raised his hand in the air and swung it down.

"Start."

Mordred raised Clarent above her head from which a storm of red lightning surged like a flood. She charged forward toward Luck and appeared infront of him in a instant with Clarent being swung toward his head. He dodged out of the way using his lightning magic, but the tips of his hair were sliced off.

Luck's grimoire began to flash open as lightning coursed on through his body as he flew into the air. Mordred swung her sword several times sending arcs of red lightning that hunted him like he was a little bird.

Mordred slammed her right foot into the ground causing the ground to break apart. She charged toward Luck once more, but this time she actually used Mana Burst. She appeared infront of Luck who was still in the air and punched down.

"Lightning Magic: Lightning God Gloves."

He forced his lightning into gloves and crossed them infront of his chest. Her fist met with the crackling gloves, but he was still forced straight to the ground. Luck was not one to give up, but Mordred used another Mana Burst mid air to appear infront of Luck aiming Clarent at his chest.

"Do I win?"

Luck looked at the sword before he laughed.

"Yeah, you win. Let's fight again."

"Sure, I am always down."

Yami noticed how she used her magic was diffrent as her KI moved differently. He had already noticed the vast gathering of KI in her heart and how mana surged from their in waves.

'She has a literal furnace of magic in her heart. What kind of royal family was she part of before all this.'

He was going to ask, but he decided it was better to leave it for another day. She helped Luck up from the ground as now it was Asta's turn. Manga wanted Asta to either dodge, or defend against a fire ball so she joined the rest of the Black Bulls to watch how Asta did.

11