Pay Day.
281 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mordred and Atlas left the Black Bulls base after she got done talking with Yami. Being thanked and praised was something her father just never did.

'Come to think of it, a lot of the issues were a result of father's lack of people skills. Not like I am any better though.'

In Mordred's head, she imagined her father's normally stoic face and how she always looked like that. No matter the situation her face never changed even at the end. Mordred stopped walking when she realized that she did not really destroy the kingdom.

She just put the final nail in the coffin of an already falling apart kingdom. She reached above her head and looked at Atlas who was panting like a dog.

"How sad."

Atlas tilted his head and licked her face with his rough sandpaper-like tongue. She laughed at herself as she went deeper into the forest. She put down Atlas on a tree stump and grabbed Clarent off her back. Using her trump card was not easy as her mana drained rapidly after using it.

Luckily she had her Magic Core otherwise moving would be even harder so she wanted to be able to use it at least twice. That or use her three swords' special abilities in order if that was at all possible.

"Got to start with the basics, watch me Atlas."

The winged lion looked at Mordred's sword with a happy look on his face. Anything she did he saw as amazing. Mordred stepped forward and began to force her vast mana and hatred of her mother not her father this time into the sword.

She did not hate her father, not really.

'So unfair.'

The guard of Clarent opened wide as her mana was rapidly forced into the sword. Blood red lightning surged to the sky as a vast pillar of mana. Yami rushed to the window of the base as he could feel the vast amount of magic being used.

'What is that brat doing?'

In this state, Clarent was turned from a Holy Sword into a Demon Sword as it used the vast hatred to function. Mordred's eyes turned red and dragon-like as she raised Clarent above her head.

"CLARENT BLOOD ARTHUR!"

She cleaved down with her full strength and unleashed one of her top trump cards. The massive storm of red lighting amplified by Clarent surged through the forest like a flood. It incinerated trees, earth, and stone like butter.

All before exploding in a storm of red in the distance. Mordred panted and wiped her forehead with a relieved expression. Thier was always something that felt so good about using your full strength.

"I feel so much better. Well, cool right?"

Atlas flew toward her and landed on her head before taking a deep breath. A red lightning bolt hit a nearby tree and destroyed it. He looked down at her hoping for praise.

"You did great Atlas. Now next sword."

She stabbed Clarent down in the ground and grabbed Excalibur from her hip. She was really excited about this one, but she did not get that chance.

"LIKE HELL!"

She turned to where she heard that and saw Yami. He had rushed here to stop her from causing further destruction. Mordred's happy expression turned gloomy when she could not use her attacks.

He noticed her face turned super gloomy. It was like he caught a kid doing something bad.

"OI! WHY ARE YOU SO GLOOMY!"

Mordred looked at Excalibur in her hands with a disappointed look.

"Well, I did not get many chances to use these moves and I wanted to use them. The bandits were too weak and people got in the way. I mean no one lives here anyway so what is the big deal."

Yami looked at her like she was an idiot.

"You just want to cause destruction don't you."

"Maybe I do."

She said it with a straight face too which made him think that it was a miracle she did not destroy the capital during the entrance exam. If she had gotten pissed off and used that there might just not be a capital later on.

"Look, don't use those big crazy moves in big areas."

Mordred would not do that anyway.

"I am not an idiot. I know not to put the subjects at risk. I am not a heartless monster."

Yami took a puff of his cigarette as he actually looked at the destruction she caused. The open area she carved with one attack was massive

"Oi, brat."

Mordred looked back at him.

"What is it?"

He pointed at the devastation.

"Can you do that often?"

She thought of how to answer and found a good way.

"While I can't use it over and over, I can use it at least once or twice a day. I was going to see if I could not use another one of that same scale before you found me though."

She sat down on the stump she put Atlas on realizing it was a good thing Yami stopped her. She was still recovering and just using Clarent Blood Arthur tired her out. Using Excalibur in the state she was in might not be the best idea.

Atlas jumped on her lap as she took a breather from using up a large portion of her mana in one go.

"Oi, remember that wager we had. I beat you and I get to use one of your swords?"

Mordred nodded.

"Yeah, you looking to cash it in?"

"Nah, you are dead tired. Even with that thing in your chest you can't recover your mana in one go."

She did not expect someone to be able to tell about her Magic Core. It was shocking that Yami of all people got to see it.

"How did y-"

He just got up and began to walk back to the Black Bulls base.

"Later, I got to take a dump."

Mordred shook her head as Yami left the clearing. She got up and gathered herself before walking back. She wondered what Yami had used to find out about her Magic Core. She eventually gave up when she realized it was a diffrent world and their were different techniques.

When she returned to the Black Bulls base she arrived just in time to witness Magna flying back on his strange broom with Asta and Noelle. At a glance she saw how Magna and Asta were pretty banged up while Noelle looked fine.

'So their first mission did not go well.'

Magna parked his broom outside in a crash landing. Mordred was right there so she walked up to the three of them to check up on them.

"Hey, you three alive?"

Magna flopped to the ground and gave a shaky thumbs up.

"I am alive if that is what you mean."

Asta jumped up in Mordred's face with shinning eyes.

"I passed Mordred, my first mi-"

If Finral was here he would have warned Asta about Atlas, but he was not. The little lion squinted his eyes and launched a red lightning bolt at Asta's head. Nero who was on his head flew out the way in time which caused Asta's head to light on fire.

"AHHH, MY HAIR!"

He rolled on the ground in pain so Noelle aimed her hand at him.

"Here, be thankful."

She launched a large water bubble that curved toward Mordred. She dodged out the way as the large bubble exploded on the base making Noelle blush. Luckily Asta managed to turn off the fire and just like Finral he did not learn.

He got in Atlas' face with a glare.

"What is with you animals pecking at me and hurting me? Did I do some-"

Before he got Atlas chopped down on his nose making Asta roll on the ground in pain. Mordred laughed at how the little lion seemed to hate everyone who got in her face. Mordred whistled which made him let go and fly back to her shoulder.

Asta looked at Noelle with exaggerated tears in his eyes.

"Is my nose still there?"

"No, it is gone."

"REALLY!"

Asta touched his nose which made Magna laugh at him. He was trying to keep a cheerful mood as he had lost someone dear to him. Asta got up and looked at Atlas with aggravated expression.

"I"M NOT DONE YET!"

He got in Atlas' face once more and tried to introduce himself.

"I am Asta from Hage-"

That was as far as he got as a red lightning bolt hit his hair lightning it on fire. Asta screamed, but Mordred walked back into the base. Yami had heard the whole thing so he was just waiting for the report from Magna.

Mordred stuck around as Magna, Asta and Noelle gave there story of what had happend. Magna explained how the village had been attacked by unnamed mages who seemed dead set on finding something. He even spoke of how Seihi, Magna's grandfather figure and a friend of Yami had been killed.

Yami sighed as he heard that.

"It's a real shame, he was a good man. Well, you still saved the village and Mordred exterminated an entire bandit group. She even captured thier leader alive and saved the captives so for her work she got awarded a star from the Wizard King.

Same goes for you three, the Wizard King also gave you two a star. As we have a total of negative 31 with this we are back to negative 29. Good job."

He turned around and let both stars float up to the board which removed 2 of the black stars. Asta was shocked as this would mean that no matter what Yuno did he was already ahead.

"Sir, how many does the Golden Dawn have?"

Yami took a puff of his ciggerte and broke the news to him.

"A total of 70. Now we are 99 stars away from catching up."

Asta fell to his knees as he imaged Yuno standing over him. Mordred sat down as she had a request.

"Hey, anymore bandit groups that need killing?"

Yami nodded.

"There are always bandits. I will give you a list later so have a crack at them. Finral will take you if needed."

Finral sighed as he was always being used as the carrier of the group.

'The curse of the talented I guess.'

Yami stood up as he had even more good news.

"Now, it is time for your wages."

He handed everyone their wages which made Mordred open up the bag to see a pile of gold coins.

"Cool, hey Venessa. How much I owe you?"

"Just buy me a couple drinks next time we are in the capital. Atlas was worth it if you like him that much."

"Sure."

Asta looked at his wage with shinning eyes.

"With this the kids at the church will eat for life."

Noelle looked at hers with a sigh.

"This much pocket change is your monthly wage? I am royalty you know."

Mordred laughed as she put her money in her jacket pocket.

"Well money is money, Finral get ready as tomorrow morning I am going on a bandit spree."

Yami got up and headed to his room.

"Do what you want? The more missions you do the more your pay and stars increase. Keep that in mind."

Yami got up and decide to head off to bed as he was a deep sleeper. Asta looked at his wage and decided to send all of it to the church.

"Finral, can you help me send my wage to the church in the forsake realm?"

Venessa decided to give him some quick advice.

"Hold up Asta. You don't want to send your entire wage back home as even a small part of this will help them out greatly. Keep some for yourself as you never know when you will need some cash. How about tomorrow I take you and Noelle for a outing.

Mordred found a cute pet and you might find something as well."

Asta decide to do just that.

"If you say so Venessa."

Mordred got up and decided to head off to bed.

"Have a good night everyone?"

Mordred left to take a quick bath and them straight to bed.

11