Ch. 100 – The Truth
168 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With my enemies destroyed, I tore my way through the Void again and reappeared in front of the circular fortress where the army of Lesser Gods had been hiding since Tienovy Pantheon had stepped forward. The structure was designed for defense and could take repeated blows from a Nova God powerhouse, but I had transcended the level of a God. Using my power, I covered the entire sphere and then started to crush it upon itself until the massive building was no larger than the thickness of one of my scales. The Gravity would slowly crush any unfortunate god that was not killed outright by the attack.

 

When I retracted my energy, the tiny pebble started affecting the Void around it, warping Space due to the incredible denseness. In time, there was a good chance that this could become a black hole and this whole region would become a danger zone because of it. This was the danger that my power posed, but it was not something that I could ever truly control, just influence though it would not be long before my Will would be lost to the influence of Chaos.

 

The more time I wasted, the more this growing power would affect the Endless Firmament. Although I wish to gift my daughter something, it would likely be corrupted which would undo my effort to protect everyone. There was only one person that had enough strength to possibly contain my Soul and that I trusted enough to not take advantage of my weakened state, Istar.

 

I ripped through the Void and stepped out onto Joyano's ship where the young Time Nova God was looking distraught. There was a trace of fear in his eyes when I first appeared, but then it melted away after a green flash across his eyes. His expression turned soft, and he stroked his beard with a sad smile.

 

"I haven't lost myself yet thanks to Golunda's sacrifice, but it won't last forever," I said then stabbed a clawed hand through my chest and pulled out a glowing mass that shifted colors randomly. "Find Alkatyenia's Soul. She still needs more time to reach my new level, but if anyone would be able to match me, it would be her. You've seen how dangerous this new power can become, so you know what is at stake if I break free before she can stand with me."

 

"I understand. Thank you, my old friend," Istar replied with an outstretched hand.

 

I placed my Soul into his hand and electric green bands of energy started wrapping around it instantly. Slowly, my connection to my Soul got severed and I let my body dissolve away. This was not a True Death, but the being that I was now would not be the same one that would one day step into the Endless Firmament again. My time had come and gone, so now, a new story would need to be written...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"So, now you know why I brought you into this world," Tori, or more accurately Istar, said after memories of 'my last moments' finished playing through my mind.

 

I stood there blankly as I tried to process what he had revealed. As much as I wanted to deny it, I could feel a resonance deep within my Soul and I simply could not. That final battle against ancient enemies allowed me to become the Embodiment of Chaos, but that level of power was not something that could be controlled, only matched by the Embodiment of Order. If my past life self had not done what she did, the universe where all of them originated from would have become so warped that it would have been unrecognizable, if it was not completely destroyed by Chaos. She may have been a hero of sorts, but where did that leave me? 

 

"Was any of my life real?" I asked.

 

"It was all real, Rebecca. You may not understand currently, but we had reached a level of power where we could create Life, even Souls. I kept your Soul dormant until Alkatyenia was nearing the strength of your past life, but it is not something that a matter of practice and time could achieve we came to understand; a 'spark' was needed. When she was ready, I placed both of your Souls within a relatively safe world within my Inner Realm with your past life's memories and powers sealed away so that your new self could develop without influence."

 

"So that's why you placed Katye and I together... because we were lovers in our past life."

 

"Well, that's part of it, sure, but your powers are true complements of each other. Chaos and Order, physical strength and magical strength... you are two sides of the same coin, the closest representation of Soulmates that I have ever known to exist. If anyone could help you control or manage the Chaos that is the root of your power, it is her."

 

"And if she can't?"

 

The light smile on Tori's face disappeared and he shook his head as he replied, "Then you will eventually corrupt the Endless Firmament with unbalanced Chaos. Your Soul is too powerful to be destroyed, and I could only contain it because you had asked me to. Alkatyenia has reached the limits of what is possible in my Inner Realms, but while she is here, there is a limit to how much she can grow and she would never leave you behind, even dormant. The Endless Firmament is not peaceful, so I can't just let you two go run about at your current level without risk of you being captured. You aren't dangerous in most eyes, but just as you were able to draw my blood, the root of your strength will allow you to bend the 'natural' Order of things and eventually, you will lose yourself to the Chaos inside of you."

 

I sighed. I had never asked for any of this, to be a walking, talking calamity. If having the weight of the universe of 'The 100' on my shoulders was not enough, now I find out that I had to kill myself because I could not control my crazy power. How do you handle something like that, honestly? My usual method worked fine for now, shoving those thoughts aside, and trying to think of other things.

 

"What will happen to the people of this universe when Katye and I leave?" I asked.

 

"Exactly what the show promised: they have joined a pure level of consciousness, never to know pain or death again. They will exist for as long as I do but separated from my True Soul to ensure that their combined Soul will one day give birth to an angelic paragon like Suwae. If that being can reach a certain level of power, they will be free of my influence and able to roam the Endless Firmament under their own Will."

 

I sighed softly, "At least, they will be together... Don't make us take up the role of anyone in Voyager and keep whatever bullshit power you were going to give me."

 

"As you wish. Do you want me to move you both now?" he asked.

 

"No, give us a day and bring us back to Eden while you are at it."

 

"The next time that you both go to sleep, you will awaken in Voyager."

 

His words seemed to stretch at the end, and I could feel my mana and stamina rapidly returning. The white room was replaced by our bedroom in Eden. Katye was lying on the bed, so I reached out to touch her, but she stirred before I could and sat up.

 

"The others?" she asked me.

 

"Tori said that it will be like the show, no pain, suffering or death. Eventually, their combined soul will become an angel paragon, whatever that is, and be free of his control once it is strong enough," I replied.

 

"Transcendence is supposed to be an option... There could be people that could have come back, Raven and Echo could have come back."

 

"Perhaps, I just got here myself. He promised that we would move on during the next time that we go to sleep, but we also told them countless times to go if we failed to stop it since we knew that we can't stay."

 

"It wouldn't be the first time that they didn't listen to what we said," she replied with a weak smile.

 

I could tell that she knew that it was unlikely, but she wanted to hope while she could. I nodded my head and offered a hand to help her stand up, though I found myself thinking about what Tori had told me about her. If I was the Ender of, whatever universe where we came from originally, then she was the only person that could stop me. There was just as much riding on her as there was on me.

 

We walked out onto the balcony of our suite, but off to the side where we would often all sit together, there were the remains of two transcendents. Their bodies seemed to be made of pure, gentle Yang energy which I could only describe as a Holy feeling. On the table was a bottle of Spirit Wine and two glasses while on the floor, at the feet of one of the transcendents, was a set of handcuffs. I smirked bitterly piecing together what had probably been their last minutes.

 

"Echo is still Echo," Katye chuckled as she picked up the handcuffs on the ground, but I could hear the bitterness in her voice.

 

I sighed, walking over to the little table, and picked up the bottle to give it a sniff. "Strawberry, Raven's favorite."

 

Katye sighed as well then sat on a nearby couch. I poured us both a glass of wine and sat down next to her, handing her a cup. She snuggled into my side, and I draped my arm around her.

 

"Real or not, those two will always be in my heart," I said softly.

 

"Agreed," Katye replied, tapping her glass against mine.

 

Before we could take a sip from cups, there was a ripple of mana which came from the two transcendents in front of us. New energy started rushing into their bodies as they changed from the golden forms of light into the same exact appearance of Raven and Echo with one slight addition. There was mana inside both of them.

 

"How did..." my words died off with a rush of emotions.

 

"Tori said something about making things right. We took so long because he had to explain exactly what went along with following you two and then Echo insisted on seeing your fight against the Disciples," Raven explained with a smile.

 

"You won't be leaving us out of anymore fights," Echo added, glaring at me.

 

I could not care less about her anger because I knew it was just temporary if she was here. Both Katye's and my body flickered as we teleported ourselves to them. I grabbed Raven before she could react and kissed her while Katye kissed Echo. When I let go of Raven, she reached out and took Katye's hand. Echo only had her angry stare to give me, but I just smirked and teleported behind her.

 

Wrapping my arms around her waist so that I pinned her arms down, I chuckled, "You can be angry and pout all you want, but I did the right thing, and I will wear you down eventually, ai hodnes. Just like I promised, you are going to have to get used to the idea of living a long life."

 

"Perhaps, but I'll make you work for my forgiveness," she retorted.

 

I chuckled and kissed her cheek. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

 

Raven and Katye also chuckled, but then Raven asked, "So, what's Voyager? Tori only told us that it was a spaceship that we would be helping get home."

 

"Well, before I tell you about Voyager, I should probably explain Starfleet first..." I said, and then went into a lengthy explanation as we all sat down on our usual seats.

 

Whatever destruction I might possibly cause in the future could be forgotten about until I got stronger. For now, I was going to enjoy the fact that I got to be with the people that I loved and worry about the rest later. The four of us would figure out how to handle the Chaos within me, together...

 

A/N: So, this is the end of this book, but the next one will be out later today, Star Trek: Voyager and the Descendants of Q! Thank you to all of my readers, you all have been a great push to finish this story! Even if you are not into Star Trek, I'd like to ask that you give the next one a chance if you enjoyed the main characters. Their journey is far from over!

A/N: If you would like to support me, join my P@treon - Azazii6181?fan_landing=true.

8