Chapter 8: Thanking the Transmigration Gods
1.9k 10 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I wanted to give thanks to everyone who has shown this story love! It is definitely going to be a touch and go series, but I've been really busy with irl. Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoy this new chapter!

 

The next morning, Yu Liang awoke to the sound of rustling outside his tent. When he got up and exited, he realized that Wang Jin and Xu Ming were already awake and bustling about. 

 

“Good morning, senior brother Wang, senior brother Xu.” Yu Liang greeted the both of them respectfully. “Is there anything I can do to help?” He felt a bit embarrassed that he had fallen into his bad habit of sleeping in… and also a little regretful that he hadn’t woken up early enough to see the two of them exit from the same tent, ah! His mind was already reeling from the endless possibilities of their intimacy from sharing a tent!

 

Wang Jin saw this respectful younger brother who was so eager to help, and he couldn’t help having a favorable impression of the young man. “You are injured, ah. Just go rest by the fire.” 

 

Yu Liang shook his head. “It is my duty to help, and senior brothers have already been too gracious towards me.” 

 

A smile spread on Wang Jin’s face. What a good younger brother! He thought cheerfully. “Then go tend to the stew by the fire and make sure the food does not burn.” 

 

Yu Liang knew that Wang Jin was making an excuse for him to rest still, probably worried about his injured ankle. But the effects of the medicine had already kicked in, and he was basically pretty much already healed. However, it wouldn’t be proper for him to pester Wang Jin twice, so he nodded obediently and moved over to the campfire to tend to the boiling stew pot over the flames. 

 

Sitting quietly while stirring the pot, Yu Liang looked around. Since Wang Jin and Xu Ming were cleaning up camp, it meant that they would be on the move back to the sect, but he hadn’t seen nor heard Li Qiuyue around. However, it was as if his thoughts summoned her like a ghost because she suddenly appeared beside him. 

 

!!

 

His heart leapt into his chest, but luckily, he didn’t knock over the pot and merely froze in place at her sudden appearance. 

 

Li Qiuyue stared down at him with a suspicious gaze; her eyes flickered from him to the pot of stew. “Yu Liang.” She said his name with visible disdain.

 

Yu Liang faintly recalled that the original owner of this body had tried to poison her, and he felt just a little embarrassed. But it’s not like he truly had done the act! “Li Qiuyue.” He cleared his throat and said her name in a nonchalant manner. 

 

The two of them didn’t say another word to each other as she sat down. Her hair was wet, and her body looked recently washed; there was no doubt that Li Qiuyue had just returned from a bath somewhere. Under the warm sunlight, her beauty was rather alluring as her skin sparkled like morning dewdrops on a fresh green leaf. 

 

Yu Liang frantically looked towards Wang Jin and Xu Ming. 

 

Don’t be seduced, senior brothers! 

 

He cried in his heart. However, upon seeing the two senior brothers conversing casually without paying them much attention, Yu Liang let out a sigh of relief. 

 

“We’re just about finished packing up,” came Wang Jin’s voice as he approached the campfire. “We’ll eat first and then head out.” 

 

“En.” Yu Liang obediently said, glancing at Xu Ming and Wang Jin and then back at Li Qiuyue. He was just a little nervous, ah… In Yu Liang’s heart, he really couldn’t stand idly by and watch his ship be torn apart!

 

Scooting over, Yu Liang purposefully moved aside so that he sat next to Li Qiuyue on the other log to let Wang Jin and Xu Ming sit together. 

 

Wang Jin watched this younger brother move around strangely but didn’t really pay any attention to it as his stomach was rumbling; his attention was focused on the food that Yu Liang was serving. 

 

Xu Ming, however, was not as dense. A flicker of confusion appeared in his eyes before he buried the questions in his mind, making a note to keep a closer eye on this younger brother who seemed to have strange actions.

 

Yu Liang kept an amicable appearance, serving food for them all without being too noisy. He chatted about everyday things with Wang Jin easily while the remaining two people were the types to be less inclined to speak or interrupt conversations. 

 

“So junior brother Yu joined the same time as junior sister Li,” Wang Jin said with a small smile. He was well aware of the competitiveness between brothers and sisters of the same rank. “As long as you both diligently cultivate without paying much attention to outside distractions, I believe you both possess great character for becoming strong and heroic cultivators just like brother Xu, ah!” The last part was said with great enthusiasm. Wang Jin’s eyes seemed to sparkle as he spoke. 

 

Xu Ming coughed, clearing his throat in a slightly embarrassed manner. However, he couldn’t keep the warm and gentle smile off his face when looking at Wang Jin’s cheerful expression. 

 

Ah, ah, ah! 

 

What was with that look!?

 

Yu Liang felt his heart beat faster at the sight of what he perceived to be a ‘loving, pampering’ expression of a gong to his family’s cheerful and naive shou! 

 

Could his ship actually be setting sail!? 

 

He thanked the transmigration gods for granting him the ability to witness such a sight! 

 

Little did Yu Liang know, but Li Qiuyue saw his everchanging expressions and thought that this guy was surely crazy. But she didn’t say anything and just silently sipped her soup with disinterest in the changing air surrounding them.

 

76