Prologue: Fanfiction Rules!
3.1k 6 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yu Liang lazed on the bed, holding up his phone and watching the loading symbol rotate ambiguously. He’d been waiting for the newest chapter of one of his favorite novels to update since early morning. After checking in the morning, going to work and checking during his lunch break, and then coming home and checking after eating dinner, Yu Liang was anxious, a little crabby, and mostly hopeful that he’d finally be able to read a new chapter of Rebirth of the Supreme Female Cultivator. The story had been stuck in hiatus for a few months due to the author’s poor health, and finally, after a long silence, the author announced on social media that she’d be posting a chapter today!

Rebirth of the Strongest Female Cultivator was your typical xianxia story of revenge.  Li Qiuyue was the only child and daughter of the Li first son’s family. However, she was schemed against and her outstanding spiritual root was stolen and transferred into the body of her cousin, Li Xiumei. The spiritual root was a dual fire and metal element, and it was the color of orange. In this novel, the color of a spiritual root signified its strength; from lowest to highest strength was white (for mortals), yellow, green, blue, orange, and red. The element of each spiritual root dictated which spells and martial arts the individual would naturally excel at. Although having a dual element sounded better, it meant that the natural ability of the cultivator would be split between the two elements and was actually less favored than a pure element spiritual root. In the novel, Li Qiuyue sought power through forbidden and demonic martial arts through her first life to gain revenge, but she was ultimately killed by all the leaders of the orthodox sects who were instigated by Li Xiumei. The actual novel was actually a story that followed Li Qiuyue’s rebirth and revenge in her second life. 

Yu Liang loved reading about Li Qiuyue’s scheme reversals and villain face-slaps; he had a guilty pleasure for revenge reincarnation novels and actually read quite a lot of them in his free time. However, Rebirth of the Supreme Female Cultivator was his current favorite! Although he didn’t really care for the female protagonist too much, he loved all the side characters, particularly the cute puppy-like senior brother Wang Jin who followed Li Qiuyue around and was extremely loyal. Honestly, Wang Jin was exactly like Yu Liang’s type… Which was why he couldn’t stop reading it even after the plot seemed to stagnate and become repetitive. Alas, he could only sit by and root for Wang Jin to win over Li Qiuyue’s love and gain some affection. Even though he knew that Li Qiuyue trusted no man and would actually get quite a few lovers and form a harem…

Suddenly, the page on Yu Liang’s phone updated and showed a new chapter! He hurriedly tapped on the new chapter link and started reading through… But it wasn’t long before he stared at his phone with a frozen expression. The author had added a little announcement before the chapter.

 

Dear readers, I want to thank you guys for loving this novel! ~ヾ(^∇^) However, due to personal reasons, I can no longer write anymore of this story. (っ- ‸ – ς)

 

Below is a summary of where I had intended to take the story on its natural path, but life just gets in the way sometimes へ[ •́ ‸ •̀ ]ʋ Hope you guys can understand and thanks for everything!!

 

After reading this, Yu Liang’s dark eyes skimmed over the ‘summary’ of the rest of the story’s plot. At the end, the grip on his phone tightened, and he strongly resisted the urge to throw his phone at the far wall of his room. The summary described Li Qiuyue getting her revenge as he had expected, but as for Wang Jin’s fate… He actually sacrificed himself to help Li Qiuyue escape in a fight against really strong demons who had targeted Li Qiuyue for her Yin body type! Yin body types were good for demonic cultivators to rapidly increase their strength during dual cultivation, aka sex! And if it wasn’t bad enough that Wang Jin died to save her… Li Qiuyue was then saved by Zhou Sheng who had fallen in love with her during his time with her in the sect; and it actually turned out that he was a demon himself! They naturally dual cultivated, and he became one of the strongest members of her harem and was able to help her become the strongest female cultivator to achieve immortality!

Yu Liang wanted to cry after reading Wang Jin’s fate; his poor little bun baby had actually been tortured and killed for such a ridiculous reason!! He threw his phone at the end of the bed and grabbed his pillow, punching it out of frustration! 

 

Pah! Pah!

 

Wang Jin deserved better!! 

 

Pah! Pah!

 

Horrible author! 

 

Pah! Pah! Pah! 

 

Fuck Li Qiuyue and her inability to love Wang Jin fully and also fuck Zhou Sheng for not saving Li Qiuyue faster so that Wang Jin didn’t have to sacrifice his life!! 

 

After relieving his pent up frustration and stress, Yu Liang fell onto his back and stared at the ceiling. Sigh… It’s not like he could do anything about it though… But then suddenly, a strange idea popped into Yu Liang’s head. Even though he couldn’t change the original story’s fate for Wang Jin, there was the wonderful world of fanfiction!! In high school, Yu Liang used to love writing stories so he naturally could whip up something satisfying for Wang Jin in an alternate storyline! He hurriedly moved over to his computer and began typing furiously. The ideas in his head became the plot of his short story where Wang Jin actually did not die and became a couple with one of Yu Liang’s other favorite characters, Xu Ming! Xu Ming was one of Li Qiuyue’s other harem members; he was a strong, brave, and heroic senior brother who always guided Li Qiuyue and was actually childhood friends with Wang Jin! Naturally, Yu Liang shipped the cute adorable Wang Jin with the brave and strong Xu Ming; and in his fanfiction world, they’d leave Li Qiuyue to her scheming dangerous path and get married as Dao companions and even have children in the future! Nothing was impossible in the world of fanfiction!! 

After hours of writing, Yu Liang finally finished the fanfiction danmei story. Peeking through the curtains were rays of light from the rising sun of the next day. He had actually spent the entire night writing! Nothing could stop his whole-hearted need for Wang Jin to achieve happiness, especially his sailing ship of Wang Jin x Xu Ming… Yu Liang posted the story onto a popular fanfiction site before managing to stumble over to his bed.

 

Plop!

 

He fell onto the comfortable soft surface and instantly fell asleep. Little did he know that during his slumber, his Wang Jin x Xu Ming fanfiction would become one of the most popular and highly read stories of the fanfiction site! Millions of comments flooded the story page.

 

guestuser: ahhh this author knows my heart Wang Jin x Xu Ming is the best ship ya!!

dandan12: my baby wang jin gets his happiness, ah!

Boyzluv: i needed this… especially after how abruptly the story ended… always knew wang jin n xu ming were the best <3

xianxixi: can author-sama pls write someting for sum other pairings!? And i want some sexy stuff pls!!!

It seemed that in the heart of the loyal readers, quite a lot of them were also danmei fans… More lovey dovey times! More sexy times! The chorus of their cries could be heard in the comments, and it was due to this magical unity of danmei fans that a little ember was ignited, giving life to a new story in the world of the Rebirth of the Supreme Female Cultivator… 

91