Chapter 6: Xu Ming’s Appearance
2.2k 4 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yu Liang carefully took two restoration pills out before handing the bottle back respectfully. He didn’t dare take any more because he knew that the restoration pills were probably items that Wang Jin had bought himself; he was already glad that Wang Jin had believed him and wasn’t going to take his life or anything like that… Yu Liang was really afraid of this body’s cannon fodder fate, so he was quite on edge about whether he could avoid death flags to get a death route. However, he breathed a sigh of relief when he realized that Wang Jin really wasn’t going to punish or kill him. 

The two young men chatted a while until Wang Jin finished making the poultice to treat Li Qiuyue’s injuries. Then Wang Jin got up and left to Li Qiuyue’s tent to treat some of her wounds. Yu Liang sat alone near the campfire, mulling over his current situation. He knew that Li Qiuyue would definitely hate his guts, being the proud and revengeful person she was; that girl really knew how to hold grudges from her previous life to this one… 

“Oh? You’re a new face,” said an unfamiliar voice. 

Yu Liang turned around and saw a young man walking towards the camp from the edges of the forest. The young man had a heroic appearance with his almond eyes, dark brows, and tall stature. A white forehead ribbon was wrapped around his head with its ends fluttering in the wind along with his black hair, making him appear majestic and noble. 

 

Pft! Pu-ah! 

 

Yu Liang almost choked on his own spit! There was no doubt that this man was Xu Ming, Wang Jin’s best friend and Li Qiuyue’s second harem member! His heroic appearance, noble and righteous attitude, along with his romantic and protective nature… Ah, Yu Liang thought back to his fanfic… If only those things could become fact instead of fiction… 

Wait! But this story is a work of fiction that has become true, so doesn’t that mean that Yu Liang could also influence the story to become more like his fanfic?? He furrowed his brows and thought deeply. Yu Liang was so preoccupied with the many thoughts running through his mind that he didn’t notice that his facial expression had fallen into a calm and collected appearance that betrayed his internal dialogue. This refined outward appearance along with the cool attitude gave Xu Ming a nice feeling about this strange young man. 

As Xu Ming approached the campfire, he noticed the other man’s grey robes indicative of his affiliation with the Mountain Wu Sect. His mind automatically thought of the severely injured outer sect disciple that they had picked up previously. “Did this junior brother also get caught up in the spirit beast stampede a couple of days ago?” 

Yu Liang’s mind snapped back into reality, and he realized he hadn’t actually answered or greeted Xu Ming yet! Yu Liang quickly got up and gave a respectful gesture towards Xu Ming. “Please forgive this junior brother for his lack in manners! My name is Yu Liang, and yes, I did get caught up in the spirit beast stampede a couple of days ago. I injured my foot and am still recovering, hence my delayed return to the sect.” 

Xu Ming smiled kindly, getting a good feeling from this respectful junior brother. “At ease, junior brother Yu. If you’re injured, there’s no need for you to get up and reinjure yourself. I am Xu Ming, an inner sect disciple of Mountain Wu sect as well. You’ve probably met Wang Jin when you entered the camp.”

Yu Liang nodded his head. “En. Senior brother Wang is a kind and noble person. He helped me and let me stay to recuperate in the camp.” 

“That’s good, stay and rest. We’re on our way back to the sect anyway, so we can all travel together to avoid any further trouble.” Xu Ming said as he sat down by the campfire. The sun had already dipped down below the horizon, so the blackening sky gave way to a cool evening. 

“Thanking senior brother Xu for his kindness.” Yu Liang responded as he also sat back down. 

“Brother Xu, you’ve returned!” Wang Jin’s voice sounded excited as he approached the two of them. 

 

Pah! Pah! 

 

Two imaginary heart-strung arrows pierced Yu Liang’s chest as he watched Wang Jin obediently yet excitedly sit down next to Xu Ming. According to Yu Liang’s previous life’s knowledge, Wang Jin greatly admired Xu Ming who always guided and protected him since they were young. Little did they know that in the future, their brotherhood would be strained by their love for the same woman… So tragic! Yu Liang didn’t want to see that; he wanted to see this! The love between two brothers!

As Yu Liang continued watching, he noticed that Xu Ming’s expression softened at the sight of Wang Jin. “En, I’ve come back, Jin.” Xu Ming reached out and gently ruffled Wang Jin’s fluffy hair as he spoke. It was such a tender and touching scene that Yu Liang felt that even if he died at this moment, his life would have not been wasted! 

Yu Liang continued quietly watching like a voyeur as Xu Ming and Wang Jin chatted amicably. Apparently, Xu Ming had gone hunting and had returned after catching some food. Luckily, Xu Ming had quite the capable abilities because he had caught enough for everyone to get their own rabbit. Yu Liang and Wang Jin thanked Xu Ming, and the three proceeded to eat dinner. Their conversations were smooth and easy, making Wang Jin and Xu Ming think highly of this respectful junior brother. However, what they didn’t understand was that Yu Liang’s inner person differed greatly from his refined and elegant outer appearance. It could be said that with the original cannon fodder’s horrible personality and ugly expressions, the body was as twisted and as ugly as the emotions; but with Yu Liang’s good-natured and somewhat naive personality, the original body became a lot more gentle in appearance. 

After dinner, Wang Jin offered a tent to Yu Liang to rest for the night.

“This junior brother cannot take senior brother Wang’s tent or else there’d be nowhere else for senior brother Wang to sleep.” Yu Liang said, but in his heart, he was screaming ‘sleep together with Xu Ming! Share a tent with Xu Ming! Xu Ming x Wang Jin!’ “This junior brother has already become accustomed to sleeping on the branches.” 

Wang Jin gave Yu Liang a pitiful look. Having seen the injures on Yu Liang’s body, there was no way that sleeping on a branch could facilitate a restful sleep in that condition! “Don’t worry about this senior brother! Junior brother Yu is injured and needs to take care of his body. In this way, we can also set out much easier for junior brother Yu recovers quicker.” Wang Jin guiltily said the last sentence, using the excuse so that Yu Liang would hopefully agree. 

“But then where will senior brother Wang sleep?” Yu Liang said with a worried expression. However, inner Yu Liang snickered quietly though as he gently nudged for the idea of Wang Jin and Xu Ming sharing a tent. Of course, Yu Liang didn’t know if Wang Jin or Xu Ming had cut-sleeve tendencies, but… it didn’t hurt to try, right??

Wang Jin glanced between the three tents. One was already occupied by Li Qiuyue, and it wasn’t proper for a man and a woman to share a tent together. The second tent was his, and he had offered it to Yu Liang; after seeing Yu Liang’s other injuries, Wang Jin couldn’t bring himself to share a tent with Yu Liang who had suffered quite a bit of abuse at the hands of another man, so he couldn’t force Yu Liang to share a tent with another man. Therefore, the only logical response was to either sleep outside or share a tent with Xu Ming. But he couldn’t impose himself on Xu Ming because that would be rude…

Just as Wang Jin was about to settle for sleeping outside, Xu Ming spoke up suddenly. “Share a tent with me, Jin. It’ll just be like when we were kids.” The other man said with a smile. He reached out and hooked an arm around Wang Jin’s shoulders in an affectionate display of brotherhood. 

 

Pah!

 

Yu Liang refrained from clutching his chest at the sight of Xu Ming and Wang Jin’s display of brotherly love and affection. Ah, he could die happy now!! 

However, Wang Jin seemed to have misunderstood the pale expression on Yu Liang’s face and thought that this junior brother was suffering greatly, so he shouldn’t cause the other man to worry anymore. “Junior brother Yu should take this tent, and I’ll share a tent with senior brother Xu, okay?”

Score!! Yu Liang’s heart did flips of happiness, and he suppressed a loud cackling laugh with a cough, causing Wang Jin to misunderstand and become more worried. “This junior brother thanks senior brother Wang for his kindness. Then this junior brother will retire for the night.” Yu Liang respectfully dismissed himself and hurried to the tent.

87