081-092
2.2k 1 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 81

The 19th through 24th floors are known as the Large Tree Labyrinth.

After passing through the safe zone of the 18th floor and stepping into the 19th floor, the environment changes drastically.

The 'Large Tree Labyrinth' is a forest terrain constructed entirely with trees, unlike past floors' usual deep caves and caverns.

The walls, ground, and ceiling are made of wood, making it seem like the inside of a giant tree.

It looked just like the fantasy underground world Alice fell through a rabbit hole, with radiating moss growing across the floor and giving off blue light. A woody scent drifts in the humid air, reminiscent of a lush forest.

In the corner of the space full of plants and flowers, water droplets dripped down from the tree roots directly above, creating ripples into the pond's surface.

If one can ignore the murderous monsters that might be born any time from the tree wood, then this place is really a paradise.

"Are you feeling different after promoting to level 2? Sirius, you can obviously solve firebirds faster, but spent so long playing around. I'm tired of picking up the scattered magic stones."

After solving dozens or so of firebirds, Sirius was greeted with complaints from the spiky-haired Raul after reuniting.

"Hehe, did you find out? I did have a bit of fun…." Sirius grinned and rubbed the back of his head. He was not conscious of being complained about.

Just kidding, what is his relationship with Raul?

They're best of buddies about to go to the entertainment district together. Will such a trivial thing ruin their friendship?

Obviously no!

And given the strength of Sirius and Raul, as long as they don't enter the deeper floors, there is basically no pressure.

"And I'm not hallucinating. My weapon has improved a lot. Look, it's still glowing…." While exploring on the 19th floor, Sirius raised his spear and gestured to Raul.

At some point, mysterious glowing lines appeared on the spear's body.

Every time Sirius fought with his weapon, the pattern changed and started shimmering glint.

Regardless of lightness or sharpness, Sirius can feel a significant improvement.

In game terms, the weapon's attributes have been enhanced.

Before leveling up, this phenomenon happened occasionally.

But after leveling up, this happens every time he fights.

According to his guess, Sirius felt this should be the effect of his development ability 'mystery.'

Mystery: This development ability allows the user to activate a miracle and create magic items.

Sirius's spear seems to be enchanted by him…

It's literally an enchantment, the kind that adds extra attributes to weapons and strengthens them…

"Sirius, your development ability is 'mystery,' right? Could it be the cause of this?" After looking at the glowing spear, Raul expressed his opinion.

Personal skills aside, the development abilities of adventurers are not something that must be strictly concealed.

And the good news of a new 'mystery' holder in Loki Familia was announced by Loki previously.

After all, this is a rare development ability in the entire Orario, and the number of its holder are in single digits.

"Well, I think so as well. But I don't know the exact reason…." Sirius was confused as well.

"But it should be beneficial to you. I'm envious of you once again…." Raul seemed to have seen the future where Sirius figured about the source of his enchantment and benefited the entire familia.

"—Grah!!!"

While the two were talking, a group of monsters appeared from the tree borrows and attacked them without hesitation.

Monsters with the body of a giant bear ran on all four limbs on the ground and attacked Sirius and Raul with agility that did not match their huge body.

Bugbear is a bear monster that is faster than it looks. Its strength and defense are on par with a Minotaur but more agile, making its base potential high among monsters in the Large Tree Labyrinth.

"Incoming monsters! Sirius, prepare yourself!" Raul warned while getting into combat position.

"Aye, leave it to me!" Sirius nodded while getting ready for battle.

Their adventure in the labyrinth continues like this.

Although the 19-24th floor also belongs to the middle floors, it differs entirely from the ones below.

The strength and effort it takes to explore the 19th floor are obviously more than the previous ones.

Monsters such as 'Bugbear,' 'Mad Beetle,' 'Vouivre,' and 'Firebird,' etc., are troublesome foes on this floor.

These monsters will appear one after another on this floor and attack anyone in sight.

The terrifying thing about these monsters is that they can use 'abnormal attacks' such as poisoning.

Needless to say, antidotes are the must-have items in 'Large Tree Labyrinth.'

It would be better if an adventurer had the development ability 'Abnormal Resistance,' which negates the effect of abnormalities such as poison while exploring this floor.

But these have nothing to do with Sirius for the time being. After all, Sirius is an agile fighter with a long-range spear.

If the monsters can't touch him, what's the point of being injured?

On the 22nd floor, a group of Bugbears blocked the way in front of Sirius and Raul, and there were many dragonfly monsters called 'Gun Libellula' flying around in the air, looking for opportunities to attack.

But, both Sirius and Raul ignored the flying enemies and focused entirely on Bugbears.

A golden shield surrounded them, which gave them the confidence to ignore the flying monsters.

They have no reason to be afraid of the flying monsters with a shield!

Swish!

Sirius confronted the Bugbears and solved them one by one with clean and neat movements. His spear flashed cold white light repeatedly, reaping the monster's lives.

Behind him, Raul took out a supporter's crossbow and took care of the rear.

Raul sent the monsters in the direction of Sirius.

Raul can get minimal improvement from battling monsters on this floor at his level. So, he thought it was better to leave most of the monster to Sirius to deal with.

And, he is now shielded by Sirius's magic, so it's easier for him to send the monsters without any accident.

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

Chapter 82

Following the fast-paced exploration of the dungeon, Sirius can still gain something from battling monsters from the middle floors, but Raul will have minimal improvement.

Sirius removed Bugbears first, then slowly started dealing with the flying Gun Libellulas.

"The next wave of monsters is coming! Sirius, pay attention!" Raul warned and prepared himself for battle.

Middle floors rarely give adventurers time to rest unless it is a safe zone like the 18th floor.

Only a few minutes after clearing the last batch of monsters, another group of monsters emerged from the dungeon.

There are usually ten monsters in a group. When adventurers have difficulty dealing with them, the dungeon ruthlessly adds another group of monsters. Therefore, adventurers guessed that the dungeon was conscious.

In Large Tree Labyrinth, it is rare to see monsters with weapons. The monsters born here have either strong physiques and sharp claws or flexible skills with long-range attack methods.

These monsters are best hunters themselves, even without weapons.

"Don't worry, brother. I can still take care of these monsters for the time being~"

Sirius stepped aside to dodge an attack from a bugbear. Then, he used the tip of his spear to plunge into the monster's stomach, ripping it apart!

"GRAH!!!"

While he was replying, several bugbears seized the opportunity to attack him. However, Sirius effortlessly dodged their attacks.

"Starfall!!!"

"—!!"

After shouting, an eight-pointed star structure with a diameter of 50 cm appeared in front of Sirius instantly.

Sirius condensed his mana into the magic circle quickly. Faint blue lights flickered into a sphere and flew toward the incoming monsters.

The super-fast speed of the magic attack made the sphere look like a teardrop. Within seconds, it met with the incoming monsters.

BOOM!!!

The resulting explosion caused the monsters to disintegrate into black ashes and drop their magic stones and 'drop items' such as claws and furs.

The explosion's impact also caused a temporary vacuum in space, resulting in a powerful shockwave afterward that blew the surrounding trees.

If Sirius used his magic, most monsters on the middle floors are not his opponents.

With such self-confidence, Sirius can spare time to bicker with Raul during battle. Otherwise, it is dangerous to distract oneself while battling the monsters.

"Huh? What's in that direction?" Sirius was maintaining the pace of exploration when suddenly he turned towards a particular location in the dense forest. He felt something wrong in that area.

"What's the matter, Sirius?" Raul noticed his strangeness and asked worriedly.

"Raul, can you tell me how strong a monster can be born in Large Tree Labyrinth in case of an abnormal situation…" Sirius doubtfully asked Raul some rhetorical questions.

But Raul thought seriously and answered.

"Well, in case of an abnormal situation, the highest level monsters that can be born in Large Tree Labyrinth is weaker level 3 monsters. There is no way stronger level 3 or above monsters can appear here. After all, middle floors are meant for level 2 adventurers to explore."

'Weaker level, huh? But I feel far more than that. There are stronger monsters over there….' Due to his new skills' feedback, Sirius intuitively felt a substantial threat from that area. He thought that it was better to stay away from that place.

It was like alarm bells ringing in his mind, reminding him not to go there for the time being. There's something there that Sirius can't handle for now.

"Why are you asking this all of a sudden?" Raul followed Sirius's gaze into the dense woods and found nothing weird.

He couldn't think of any connection between Sirius's question and location.

Raul felt like an ignorant child who knew nothing and was confused about the situation.

"No…nothing. I was just curious. Let's go in a different direction and explore that area later." Sirius removed his gaze from a horizontal cavern in the forest's depths and replied with a smile.

"Ah? Why?" Raul asked the reason for their detour.

"Well, I feel some danger there. It's better to avoid it." After thinking for some time, Sirius replied ambiguously.

"What???" Raul didn't have time to react when Sirius pulled him and ran away quickly. Sirius didn't want to waste any more time in this place.

In the area mentioned above,

"That human seems to have discovered us…."

A transparent and clear feminine voice echoed in the cave, communicating with others.

"I feel the same way. But, he shouldn't be able to see us." A rough male voice sounded.

"But he avoided us?" The feminine voice asked with some doubts.

According to common sense, when an adventure detects an abnormal situation in the dungeon, they first check the area out of caution or boldness and then decide whether to escape or battle.

But it's weird for someone to escape the place without any exploration directly…

It's as if they already know the cause of the abnormality.

"I don't know. Maybe the blond boy noticed something wrong or wanted to return on a whim." The male voice didn't have an accurate answer.

There were many figures wrapped in black robes centering around the two in the conversation. The robe hid their faces.

The atmosphere was silent for some time, and the rough male voice sounded again.

"Don't worry about it, and start moving. Fels said that there are very few adventurers in this area. Except for the two just now, we haven't met any other adventurers, so hurry up and act now." The rough male voice ordered the others.

It was a strange situation. Their postures didn't look like regular humans.

At the same time, a magician in a jet-black robe also saw the retreating sight of Sirius and Raul through a magic crystal.

"What's wrong, Fels?" An old but majestic voice asked.

"...Sirius Starr of Loki Familia seems to have discovered 'them.'" The magician named Fels gave a brief answer.

The location is the Room of Prayer in the basement of the guild headquarters.

Only four torches exist as light sources in the stone-made area dominated by darkness. In the center of the ancient altar was a figure sitting majestically on a huge throne. That's Ouranos, head of the Adventurers Guild.

...

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

Chapter 83

Ouranos had white hair and blue eyes. He wore a white robe with a black hooded cloak and sandals.

On the other hand, the 'Sage' Fels, the right-hand man of Ouranos, was monitoring the migration situation in the Large Tree Labyrinth on the 22nd floor through his invented magic crystal, Occulus.

The black-robed mage naturally saw the abnormal appearance that Sirius had shown before leaving.

"Loki Familia? Are you sure he discovered them?" Faced with such a severe problem, Ouranos didn't want a half-hearted answer.

Yes or no, Ouranos only wanted to hear such answers.

He didn't want to hear an ambiguous answer like 'seems to.'

"There was no direct contact, but judging from his expression, he seems to know something." Facing Ouranos's question, Fels answered after pondering for some time.

During Xenos's migration, Fels monitored the entire process without missing any details, so he had absolute confidence in information gathering.

Fels, who was once known as a 'Sage,' set up many 'eyes' in various vital dungeon areas.

These magic eyes/items are hidden in various secret locations. Fels can observe through them and gather information without entering the dungeon.

These 'magic eyes' are sets of twin crystals created by Fels, called Occulus. Each crystal displays what its twin is seeing and hearing.

It's the only magic item capable of long-distance communication. Its only drawback is that it can only interact with its paired twin. Fels has multiple pairs of them.

Additionally, Fels possesses an owl as his familiar and has an occulus set as an eye, which allows him to use it for surveillance.

Fels has always used Occulus to monitor outlaws and dangerous people in Orario. During Xenos's migration, he also used this magic item for surveillance.

Therefore, he was able to observe the abnormal retreat of Sirius and Raul.

This place belongs directly to Ouranos, and even the guild staff do not know this secret department. From this location, Fels deliberately let go of some cases or people with extenuating circumstances while monitoring the city.

But basically, this black-robed mage has always kept his eyes open for dangerous elements in the city and the dungeon.

After hearing Fel's answer, Ouranos fell silent as if thinking.

After a few seconds, the white-haired god said, "Monitor Sirius Starr a few more times and determine whether he knows anything about the Xenos. That's the key to us."

In fact, using this word might not be enough to describe the severity of the situation.

The current situation of Ouranos and Fels is almost like the burning flame in the torches, which might burn violently at any time.

What they did should never be known to outsiders because it contradicts the world's cognition.

If exposed, even as the main god who created the adventurers' guild would not end well. That's how difficult the situation is.

If it was anyone else, they didn't need such careful thinking.

But Sirius was from Loki Familia, so they had no choice but to pay more attention.

If the blond boy knew something about the Xenos and spilled it in front of Loki, it would be a big deal.

Loki aggressively questioning Ouranos was the best of all situations. In the worst case, the guild might lose all its reputation.

"I will." Fels naturally understood what the white-haired deity meant and agreed in a serious tone.

In reality, however, the protagonist they were discussing, Sirius, was having fun with a group of ferocious monsters in Large Tree Labyrinth.

"Oya! Oya! Oya!!!"

"GRAH–!!!"

Bugbear, Battle Boar, Lizardman, Firebird, Vouivre, Mad Beetle, Dark Fungus, Gun Libellula, etc., all kinds of monsters emerged from the dungeon and were all defeated by Sirius's spear.

Sirius tightly held the silver-gray spear during the combat. The mysterious lines on the weapon shimmered with light, increasing the sharpness of the spear, and the tip of the spear flashed with a faint blue glow.

At the same time, there was the effect of his skill.

"Heart Of Gaia"

·Blessed by the earth, recover physical and mental strength in contact with the ground.

·Increased strength and durability when entering combat state.

"Astral Guidance"

· During the battle, acquires the development ability' Intuition.'

· As the battle continues, all acquired development abilities are strengthened.

These two skills are also exerting powerful effects in combat.

Under the blessing of 'intuition,' Sirius's fighting movements never stopped and procrastinated, and every attack and dodge was just right.

His combat skills have made huge improvements thanks to previous battles.

Just by relying on the new level 2 parameters, Sirius fought against a group of monsters with the potential of stronger level 2 and still had the upper hand.

Nobody except Sirius can do such a thing in the entre Orario for now.

The spear's sharp tip, accompanied by intense wind pressure, tore the monster's body in half or penetrated its vital parts.

The faint blue light at the spear tip kept repeatedly flashing with fast speed.

Sirius slashed the monsters in front of him and unblocked the path ahead.

Suddenly, he felt an incoming danger and stepped on the body of a bugbear to step aside. A firebird had attacked him with flames.

"Starfall!!"

Immediately afterward, Sirius counter-attacked with his magic. A tear-shaped magic attack landed on the firebird.

BOOM!!!

The bird-shaped monster was instantly killed by the attack and disintegrated into black ashes.

Unlike the dragonfly monster, although his shield can block the firebird's attack, he can still feel the scorching heat of the attack.

Next, Sirius focused on eliminating the firebirds since they posed more significant threats.

As far as the situation is concerned, other floors do not need to conduct ground-to-air battles like here, making exploring the Large Tree Labyrinth challenging and dangerous.

Soon, the battle ended after Raul's containment and Sirius's attacks.

As Sirius penetrated the last monster through its chest, the surrounding soon returned to silence again.

Only the magic stones and drop items shining with bluish light on the ground silently explained the intensity of the previous battle.

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

Chapter 84

In the dungeon, two people with messy appearances were walking back to the surface.

"Haha, the exploration is finally over… I'm exhausted, and my back is sore…." The spiky-haired Raul made a helpless expression and tried moving his muscles and bones with crackling sounds.

Although he acted like a supporter of Sirius and was not involved in the battles, he was still running around the battlefield to collect the spoils.

At the moment, Raul is even more determined to go to the southeast street to relax his mind. Nobody can stop him from going to the entertainment district!

So, he looked at Sirius walking behind him with a spear.

"Sirius, what are you thinking about? You didn't talk much on the way…." Raul asked curiously, looking at the blond boy's daze.

"Ah? After fighting so hard at the middle floors, wouldn't it better to return to the surface quietly?" Sirius gave a fabricated answer.

"Oh…I guess you're right…." The naive Raul believed Sirius's words.

After all, it was pretty laborious for two people to explore the middle floors. This is a fact; otherwise, he would not have such horrible back pain.

It's just that Sirius certainly wasn't quiet for this reason.

Sirius was thinking about what happened on the 22nd floor.

'Monsters active on the middle floors…hiding their whereabouts…and possessing powerful strength close to level 4 or above…' Sirius thought with some guess.

With these clues combined, Sirius couldn't think of any existence apart from 'Xenos.'

Xenos is monsters that have somehow gained intelligence. They tend to be stronger than normal monsters, and some Xenos is even capable of human speech.

'Xenos' have some characteristics in common with people. They can even be treated as different kinds of subhumans.

At least in the eyes of Sirius, they can be regarded as demihumans. He treats them the same way as demihumans because what differentiates Xenos from ordinary monsters is that they possess intelligence.

There is no doubt that 'Xenos' have their own will.

Since more than ten years ago, the main god of the guild, Ouranos, has hidden these creatures in the dungeon with the help of the sage Fels. Therefore, Xenos lives in the unexplored area between the middle and lower floors.

Unexplored areas live up to their names and are places adventurers have not discovered.

These routes are not recorded in the adventurer's map—an area that even first-class adventurers have never stepped into.

In the past, Sirius had no time to consider such things. But now, after almost meeting the Xenos made him think about this matter again.

But, he is helpless regarding this matter.

Loki Familia is very unfriendly to monsters.

At present, the only known person in Loki Familia who may accept Xenos's existence should be the little angel Tiona.

To acknowledge the presence of Xenos, one must have clear and rational thinking and refrain from attacking them immediately.

Riveria and Lefiya…Raul might as well count too.

Riveria should have her rational judgment on this matter while Lefiya followed Riveria's decisions. And Raul because he's a pervert.

After getting along with the spiky-haired senior during this period, Sirius was aware of Raul's hidden lustful nature.

Sirius dared to say with a 70% guarantee that when Raul saw a female Xenos, he would never act until the other party showed apparent hostility.

As for the others in Loki Familia, let's not mention them…

"Maybe it's time to think about this matter from a different angle, and they don't necessarily need to know about 'them'." Sirius muttered without any decision.

"Know what? What are you muttering, Sirius?" Raul asked him curiously.

"Well, I think it's better not to let everyone in the familia know that we're going to the entertainment district…." Sirius quickly diverted the topic.

"..." The initially excited Raul suddenly collapsed after hearing this,

"Don't, don't look at things so pessimistically, Sirius. If it's just a single time, it should be fine…right?" Raul was not sure about this matter himself.

After chatting for some time, they quickly returned to the surface.

As soon as they left the dungeon entrance and came to the street, Raul became energetic again, and excitement filled his face.

"Ah~it's finally the time to go to heaven! Sirius, let's go. Tonight I will show you the wonderful nightlife of Orario!" Raul dragged Sirius to the southern street and from there to the southeast area.

On the other side, in the southern street,

A party composed entirely of female adventurers arrived in the city.

"Artemis-sama, shall we submit the commission completion next? Or…" After entering the city, Rethusa, the captain of Artemis Familia, asked her main goddess.

Artemis glanced at the tired appearances of her children and shook her head.

"No. Rethusa, take everyone to rest first. After such a long journey, everyone is tired. We can go to the guild tomorrow." Although Artemis is strict with the girls in her familia, she also cares about them. But, the blue-haired goddess will never show such a friendly side in front of her familia.

Artemis used to be a serious and rigid goddess in heaven. But, after living in the lower realm for a long time, she became gentler.

Artemis felt comfortable getting along with everyone in her familia. She has no words to describe her feelings.

"Well, then Artemis-sama, we will wait for you to complete the procedures…." Rethusa wanted to say something, but Artemis interrupted her.

"Wait for me? There's no need for that, Rethusa. You can take everyone to the western street and find a place to rest. I'll catch up with you later. After all, it takes some time to deal with entry procedures." Artemis rejected Rethusa's suggestion because she still needed to stay here as the goddess in charge of her familia.

Orario has a strict checkup on the entry of adventurers who have received falna. With so many people in Artemis Familia, it will naturally take more time to process the documents.

This is the rule of the city.

After knowing the reason, Rethusa helplessly turned her head sideways and looked at the rear with her goddess.

A conspicuous figure wearing an elephant mask was standing near the tall and heavy city wall.

"I am - Ganesha!"

Ganesha noticed someone looking at him and turned over and found them. Then, he uniquely greeted Artemis and Rethusa.

Thanks to Ganesha's help, Artemis familia was allowed to enter the city, although the documents were not processed yet.

"...I understand, Artemis-sama. Then, please come to the regular tavern on the western street to find us." Rethusa accepted her goddess's order.

"Alright." Although no specific place was mentioned, the blue-haired goddess knew it in her heart.

It's nothing more than two places, Flame House Tavern or Hostess of Fertility.

Artemis can find them slowly afterward.

Soon, Rethusa left with the group of girls from Artemis Familia first.

But Lante stayed behind stubbornly, acting as self-proclaimed Artemis's bodyguard.

After 10 minutes, all the procedures were completed, and Artemis collected the entry documents and was ready to take Lante to the western street.

But after passing a corner, a familiar figure entered her vision field.

"Artemis-sama, it's that hateful guy Sirius!!!" Lante also saw the figure, pointed her finger at him, and yelled out some rude words.

"Well, no need to shout. I also saw him." Artemis nodded.

'Eh? Why is Artemis-sama so calm? She should at least have some reaction, right? After all, that's the man she hugged before leaving. Something is wrong…' Lante's little mind started turning around. The half-elf thought that the reunion of the two would at least excite Artemis a little.

Suddenly, Lante found that the blue-haired goddess had her eyes narrowed and was looking in the direction Sirius was heading with inexplicably sharp eyes.

Lante found that Sirius was heading toward the red light district.

"Uhm, Artemis-sama…Is Sirius going to the entertainment district?" Lante asked her goddess with some hesitation.

But Artemis had no time to reply, her hair fluttered slightly, and before Lante could react, she had already walked toward Sirius.

"Lante, let's go!" Artemis ordered the half-elf.

"Ah? Oh! Wait for me, Artemis-sama!" The half-elf followed in the footsteps of her goddess.

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

Chapter 85

"Hah! The taste and scenery here haven't changed much. The cultural heritage of Kaios Desert and the architectural style of Telskyura are amazing~ What do you think, Sirius?" Raul exclaimed emotionally.

The current location is the city's fourth district, which is relatively southeast of the street.

Raul stood at the entrance of the entertainment district and patted Sirius on the shoulders. It seemed that the spiky-haired senior hadn't been here for a while.

"Me? To be honest, I don't feel very well…" Sirius didn't feel nervous about coming to the red light district for the first time.

What troubled him was that his sixth sense had been warning him ever since he entered this area.

Sirius felt that he would encounter some crisis after entering the entertainment district.

Sirius was confused about this situation and didn't know what to do.

After all, what bad thing could happen to him while strolling around the entertainment district? Could it be possible that something will endanger his life here?

'Well, something so outrageous can't happen, right?' Sirius wasn't sure.

"Are you not excited? It doesn't matter. Since this is your first time here, let me introduce you to this place. Come with me!" Raul looked at the worried Sirius and suggested.

Afterward, Raul led Sirius forward and introduced various facilities in the area.

The entertainment district differs greatly from the geographically adjacent downtown area in the south and exudes depraved vibes.

Magic lambs emitting pinkish-white lights were installed on the walls and the pillars of the building.

A few dimly lit street lamps illuminated various billboards with red lips or sexually suggestive pictures of women.

Many women of various races, such as amazoness, humans, animal-ears, etc., walked on the road and showed charming and provocative smiles to the nearby customers.

There were many cases of women talking to male adventurers and inviting them into their respective stores by holding hands or hugging the opposite party.

After seeing this scene, the smile on Raul's face was the same as those men entering the brothels.

Raul pulled Sirius's arm and wanted to drag him into a nearby brothel when he realized that something was wrong. He was unable to pull him at all.

It seemed like Sirius resisted his pull. Raul doubtfully turned back and found that Sirius was held back by a beautiful goddess.

"Sirius…where do you think you're going?"

A while ago, just as Sirius was about to follow in the footsteps of his senior, a soft and powerful hand grabbed his shoulders, followed by a clear and cold familiar voice.

In that instant, all doubts in Sirius's mind were cleared.

As smart as he is, in just a tenth of a second, he figured out why he sensed danger before.

He, Sirius Starr, went to the red light district for the first time in his life, but before stepping into the men's heaven, he was caught by his crush!

"..." Sirius started sweating profusely and didn't know how to reply.

"Sirius, can you tell me why you're here?" The blue-haired goddess increased the pressure on his shoulder and stepped forward, revealing her beautiful figure in front of Sirius.

It's just that the chilling smile on her face made Sirius's back go cold.

"Ah, Artemis-sama…" Sirius nervously greeted the familiar goddess.

'Excuse me, what should I do if I get caught by my crush when going to the red light district with my best friend? Waiting for a reply, very urgent…' Sirius was thinking about what to do in this situation.

"Um?" Artemis sweetly smiled as if she was happy that Sirius still remembered her.

Just when Sirius was desperately trying to think how to get out of this situation, Raul gulped and weakly asked, "Sirius…Is this someone you know?"

Raul felt incredible that Sirius encountered someone familiar in the entertainment district.

It's too coincidental. Unless someone deliberately followed them.

'Raul, it's not as simple as knowing. Don't you see that I'm caught doing something bad!?' Facing Raul's question, Sirius wanted to shout out loud but held back.

'Eh? Wait a minute….' But soon, Sirius realized something.

When he thinks about his situation in another way, what he's doing now feels like a crime.

But…can it really be considered a crime?

Although he's in the entertainment district, he hasn't entered the brothel yet.

If one has an idea but hasn't implemented it, it's not a crime!

Crime is defined only after doing something terrible.

The situation of Sirius is a thin line between crime and motive.

'So, why should I panic since I didn't go in?' After thinking this way, Sirius felt more confident and planned some countermeasures in his heart.

Therefore, he ignored Raul, who was trying to talk to him, and looked at Artemis with a bright smile.

"Long time no see, Artemis-sama. How are you doing?"

"Eh?" Artemis was surprised by Sirius's reaction. How dare he be self-righteous when she caught him trying to enter a brothel in the red light district?

'It looked like Sirius learned many bad things in Orario…' Artemis thoroughly gloomily.

Artemis thought of Loki's character and felt it was a bad decision to let him join Loki's familia.

Artemis started regretting not letting him join her familia. Then, she looked the blond boy in the eyes and said sarcastically, "Heh! How am I doing? I'm definitely not as comfortable as you, leisurely visiting the red light district~"

At this time, even Artemis herself didn't know why she was so angry about this matter.

It's just that the goddess doesn't seem to realize her feelings.

After hearing this, Sirius blinked a few times, looked at his surroundings, and innocently asked with some puzzlement, "Red light district? This place?"

"Huh? Don't tell me that you don't what this place is, do you?" Artemis raised her head and carefully looked at his expression.

Since mortals can't lie to gods, she wanted to hear the truth.

Of course, Sirius knew about this, so he wasn't going to lie either.

He wanted to mislead Artemis by speaking half-truth, which is not a lie.

Immediately afterward, in response to Artemis's question, Sirius signed and looked aggrieved.

"Artemis-sama, I'm so young, and this is the first time I've been to a place like this. Someone pulled me over to this place." Sirius gestured the blue-haired goddess to Raul, still in shock, trying to pull him into the brothel.

"Eh???" For a moment, Artemis blinked.

She found that Sirius didn't lie.

With just one glance, she could tell that Sirius was telling the truth.

And given the common sense that mortals cannot lie in front of gods, Artemis immediately believed his words.

Immediately afterward, she turned and looked at Raul with cold eyes.

Her eyes were telling: You, the guy with big eyes and eyebrows, wanted to bring her innocent Sirius to this filthy place?

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

Chapter 86

'So that's how it is…' Artemis started thinking.

Sirius was in Orario for about a month.

He has completed the remarkable feat of leveling up in just one month.

Artemis thought that Sirius must have worked very hard to level up quickly. Without spending many hours in the dungeon, he wouldn't have achieved such an outstanding achievement.

No, Artemis thought that it was precise because Sirius was too diligent in exploring the dungeon that he was able to upgrade so quickly.

So, considering this, Sirius must have no extra time to understand the characteristics of Orario.

There is even a high possibility that he has not been to most areas in the city.

So, Artemis felt that Sirius had no reason to come to a filthy place like the entertainment district on his own.

Also, Sirius told her he was here for the first time. So, what does this indicate?

Artemis felt that Sirius was instigated. Someone wanted to corrupt him!

The truth of the matter was quickly reasoned out in Artemis's mind, and the blue-haired looked at Raul with a hostile expression.

Lante, who was behind Artemis, frowned and felt something was off. She didn't think Sirius's situation was so simple.

But her little head can't think of what's wrong! So, Lante kept silent.

"Hiss!!!"

Raul is not a dull person himself. After hearing Sirius's reply, he quickly figured out his lousy situation and took a deep breath in anger.

'Sirius! How dare you put all the blame on me! I thought we were best buddies before. Now, I regret being friends with you….' Raul didn't know how to feel about his friend's betrayal.

Although he would do the same if he were in Sirius's place, that didn't mean he would feel good about it.

'Also, this fellow Sirius managed to flicker a goddess in just a few words! And let the other party believe in his words!' Raul was most mad about this matter.

Not to mention the goddess, even he can't find any problem with Sirius's logic.

Sirius's words ultimately left himself out of the matter and put all the blame on Raul, and Raul couldn't even find any chance to refute it.

How can there be such a good friend!?

'Hello, Sirius! I thought you were an innocent country boy, but I didn't expect your heart would be so bad!' Raul speculated maliciously.

(Sirius: You said before that you would take all the responsibility, right?)

"You belong to the Loki Familia, right?" Artemis looked at the spiky-haired Raul with disgust.

"Ah, no…I'm not! I-I d-don't belong to the Loki Familia. You've got the wrong person, sorry!!!" Without waiting for Artemis to finish speaking, Raul denied her words three times in a row and then immediately ran out of the area.

'Guilty conscience, huh…' Artemis quickly saw through Raul's lies and wrote down this bad spiky head in her ban list in her mind.

"Sirius, how could you come here with someone like that?" Artemis reprimanded Sirius while referring to Raul.

"Ah, it's like this, Artemis-sama…Raul invited me here to see the special characteristics of Orario." Sirius didn't dare to lie in front of Artemis and answered quickly.

Because Orario is the 'center of the world', prostitutes here also come from all over the continent.

In the red light district, there are also architectural designs that cannot be seen near Orario, such as far east and desert areas.

There are open-plan eastern buildings and heavy stone buildings reminiscent of the cold north.

Various brothels with housing styles from all over the continent are spread out here, and the entertainment district is full of exotic scenery.

In a sense, this place can indeed be called the 'most characteristic' place of Orario.

"Eh~so are you following that guy?" Lante approached Sirius and felt that his words were not credible.

"He pulled me here…" Sirius answered flawlessly.

He put all the blame on Raul without thinking about any consequence.

Now, how to protect oneself is a crucial matter.

Anyway, Sirius and Raul did nothing but enter the entertainment district. Fortunately, they didn't enter the brothels.

In the worst case, if something bad should happen to Raul, that would be Finn reprimanding him, adding another dark history.

Other than that, there's nothing wrong.

"It's so suspicious…." The half-elf girl looked at Sirius relentlessly and tried to find clues from his face.

However, Sirius was almost immune to her sight.

The number of times Lante stared at him was not one or ten times but hundreds of times before joining Loki Familia. So, he's used to her staring.

Therefore, Sirius ignored the half-elf and started reminiscing with Artemis. Soon, they left the entertainment district and walked into the southern street.

Since Sirius cleared out his suspicions, Artemis didn't have a stern expression and responded to his words from time to time.

While chatting, it was inevitable to ask questions about the promotion of Sirius.

"Sirius, did you really reach level 2 in a month?"

After hearing this topic, Lante withdrew her gaze and asked in surprise.

If it took him a month to reach level 2, that would set a record for the shortest time to level up. Lante still felt unbelievable hearing this.

"What? Don't you believe it? Didn't I tell you before? Now I can hit three of you easily." Sirius raised his eyebrows and teased the half-elf by using her as a unit of measurement.

Although Lante didn't know what a unit of measurement was, she could still sense that Sirius's words didn't have any favorable meaning.

He must be speaking ill of herself.

But when the little girl rolled her eyes, she seemed to have thought of something, so she decided to ignore this matter temporarily and instead waved at him.

"Sirius, come here~" Lante reminded him to come over.

"???" Sirius was curious why she wanted to come over. So, with a bit of doubt, he leaned forward.

"Sirius, if you tell me how to get stronger quickly, how about I help you take down Artemis-sama quicker?" Lante whispered some tempting words.

"???" Sirius wanted to say yes to her attractive proposal when Artemis interrupted.

"Lante! What nonsense are you talking about!?" Unlike Sirius's surprise, Artemis, who heard the half-elf words, exploded in anger and embarrassment.

The blue-haired goddess grabbed Lante's pointed ears and pinched them in punishment.

"Ah! It hurts…Artemis-sama! I was wrong. It hurts…" Lante cried and begged for forgiveness.

'How dare this little girl say something like that. Did she think I would not punish her? It looks like Lante is a little haughty these days…' Artemis thought the latter was most likely.

'Oh, it's rare to see an elf's ears being pinched. Lante must not feel good…' Sirius watched this scene with interest and felt pity for the half-elf.

To be honest, he was pretty moved by Lante's proposal.

But now…he hoped that Lante was okay. Artemis looked angry while punishing her.

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

Chapter 87

On the other side, Twilight Manor,

Raul ran back to the familia residence, supporting himself against the manor wall, with hands on his chest, feeling the chaotic breathing.

"God…Damn, Sirius…Why did you suddenly stab me in the back…." Raul gasped for air, looking burnt out.

"Oya? Isn't this Raul? What's the matter? You look like you're going to die. And, what about Sirius? Didn't you two go out to explore the dungeon in the morning? Why did you come back alone?" At this time, Loki emerged out of the building with Riveria. The red-haired goddess had a curious expression, whereas the emerald-haired elf sighed with a helpless expression watching this.

Loki forgot about Soma wine while updating Sirius's status, and only after a few days did she remember it.

After a few days of pestering Riveria, she finally persuaded mama-elf to buy it for her.

Under her underhanded tactics, Riveria had no choice but to compromise. She didn't want to be entangled with the lusty goddess every day.

"Go-Goddess L-Loki…R-Riveria-sama…" Perhaps because of a guilty conscience, Raul was more or less flustered when he saw these two people.

"Hey, Raul, what happened? Where is Sirius?" Loki felt something wrong after seeing his guilty expression and frowned slightly.

In the same way, Riveria also noticed something wrong.

"Uh…Sirius… he's in…." Raul cast his guilty eyes aside, subconsciously preparing to answer truthfully.

But then he remembered the situation in which Sirius betrayed him without hesitation.

As the saying goes, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Raul also chose to betray Sirius without hesitation.

'After all, aren't best friends meant to take the blame? There's no need to hesitate about this matter.' Raul thought maliciously.

"Loki, Sirius, he was held back by an unknown goddess. I was about to come back and inform you!" Raul didn't speak the truth.

But it wasn't exactly a lie.

After seeing some operations of Sirius, Raul learned how to hide the core matters and report only half-truths.

It was indeed true that Raul wanted to see Loki, not to talk about Sirius, but to surrender himself because of his guilty conscience.

He wanted the red-haired goddess to plead for himself for a lighter sentence from the pallum captain in case he was exposed.

"Huh? You said Sirius ran away with another goddess???" After hearing Raul's words, Loki raised her voice in disbelief.

"Hmm, it's like this…." Raul concealed what he and Sirius were about to do before and succinctly recounted their encounter with Artemis and Lante.

Although he knew that their behavior of going to the entertainment would definitely be exposed sooner or later, he could not avoid punishment.

But, just like what Sirius thought before. There would at most be a lighter punishment because they had no time to enter the brothel.

After all, punishing someone for a crime they haven't done isn't good.

But now, if Raul chose to pit Sirius, it would be different because it is his revenge for being betrayed before.

If best buddies are meant to hurt each other, then Raul also wanted to return the favor.

'Don't thank me Sirius…who told you to put the blame on me before. I, Raul, can die, but don't think you, Sirius, will be any better!' Raul felt refreshed thinking about this.

After a long while, when Raul finished speaking, Loki glanced at him suspiciously.

As a goddess, her divine intuition told her that Raul was hiding something from her in this matter.

Even if they are gods, Sirius facing Artemis, and Raul facing Loki, are not the same situation at all.

For various reasons, Artemis didn't doubt Sirius because of her feelings and well-founded explanation, which made her choose to trust the other party wholeheartedly.

But Loki is different. She is not such a foolish goddess.

"Riveria, what do you think about this matter?" Loki asked the royal elf beside her.

"Half-truth!" The green-haired elf calmly answered with narrowed eyes.

She also felt that Raul told the truth but concealed something from them.

"Forget it, don't care about this for the time being. Let's see which goddess dares to be so arrogant and seduce one of my familia. Riveria, let's go!" Loki ordered Raul to go away, took a step forward in excitement, and quickly left the familia's residence with Riveria.

"Speaking of the blue-haired goddess, it's a bit rare…Who do you think it is, Riveria?" Loki asked Riveria for her opinion.

(PS: Raul did not remember Artemis's name in panic.)

After walking out of Twilight Manor, Loki looked like a child in front of the mature Riveria.

"I don't know. Have you guessed the identity of the other party?" Riveria shook her head and asked.

"Uh…nope…" Loki replied.

"Then how are we going to find them?" Riveria couldn't help asking.

"Uhm, just search randomly…I guess…" Loki scratched her head and replied with a smirk.

Riveria's eyes twitched after hearing such a clueless answer.

"Well If we can't find them, let's just buy the Soma wine and go back directly. After all, Sirius will return to the manor sooner or later."

Having been with Sirius for many days, Riveria still had confidence in him.

Sirius is not the kind of person who will betray his familia.

"Okay…then let's go to the western street to buy Soma wine first!" Loki raised her hands and led Riveria westwards.

"They're gone…." Raul peeked at their leaving figures from behind and felt remorse.

'It's good to pit Sirius, but the price I need to pay is a bit high…It looks like I can't hide the fact that I instigated Sirius to go to the red light district…' Raul felt that his future was a bit dark. But, if he were given another chance, he would still choose to do the same.

Because the relationship between the blue-haired goddess and Sirius does not look as simple as ordinary friends. Raul felt some spark between them, just like lovers.

As the best friend of Sirius, it was his duty to make the boy learn the sinisterness of human society!

Then, Raul half-heartedly prayed for the boy's safety.

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

Chapter 88

The location is in the Hostess of Fertility tavern,

The business was blooming, and all the seats were filled with customers.

In the seat near the window, a group of girls gathered around a blond boy.

Sirius, who beautiful girls surrounded, became the most conspicuous person in the tavern.

He could feel needle-like gazes coming from envious male customers.

"Blond hair, plus that handsome look…I can't go wrong, he's that Sirius!" A male customer whispered to his friend.

"Huh? You mean that kid?" The friend asked in disbelief.

"Yeap. He set a new record for the fastest promotion in the world, surpassing that of the sword princess by eleven months. And, what's more, he's also from the Loki Familia." The previous guy affirmed.

"I heard that he defeated an irregular monster on the 15th floor all alone…." The guy was amazed by Sirius's feat.

"Isn't it just an irregular monster? What's the fuss about?" The guy's friend was a bit jealous and retorted.

"Hehe, then can you?" The guy looked at his friend contemptuously.

"Ah, no…" The friend wanted to say yes but sighed and answered truthfully.

Many people in Orario care about Sirius's achievements, but a group of girls now surrounds the person in question.

And many of them are super beautiful. And they're sticking close to him!

Envy filled male customers' hearts, and they wanted to replace him if possible.

"You're a big star all of a sudden, Sirius. Quite fitting of your surname, hehe…." Rethusa was sitting at the same table, and she teased the blond boy.

"Where… it's just a period of heat, and it will soon subside. People are just following the trend." Sirius gave a weak chuckle and didn't care about the opinions of irrelevant strangers.

There may be some people who admire him, but more of them are just a bunch of jealous guys hoping to replace him.

Therefore, they're not worth mentioning.

"Sirius… Isn't he from the Loki Familia? How could he get involved with the goddess Artemis? And it looks like the relationship between them is quite good. Ryuu, what do you think?"

Still in her waitress uniform, Syr took time out of her busy schedule and looked at the absent-minded Ryuu next to her, looking at a certain blond boy.

"How Sirius-san is related to other goddesses has nothing to do with me. Syr, don't mention this to me…." Ryuu looked away rather unnaturally.

The elf waitress felt Syr was taking this opportunity to make fun of herself. But, she felt shy and embarrassed after hearing her words.

"Ehhh…but Ryuu you have been looking at him for quite some time, right?" Syr felt amused looking at her friend's expression.

"Syr, I'll ignore you if you keep teasing me! I have nothing to do with Sirius-san." Ryuu couldn't stand the embarrassment, so she warned her grey-haired friend.

"..." Syr looked speechless, looking at Ryuu.

'Ryuu, you look like a little girl in love. How can I believe you like this?' Syr sighed and didn't know what to do.

In the past, Ryuu always had a calm expression and treated others with cold eyes.

However, after following Sirius to the dungeon, her attitude toward him became a little different.

Although she looks normal as her previous self, she treats Sirius differently than the other adventurers.

Especially now, even though she said she didn't care about him, Ryuu's eyes followed his every movement. Syr knew that Ryuu was beginning to fall in love.

At the same time, Sirius also noticed Ryuu's gaze. So, he raised his hands and greeted her by waving his hands.

"You know her?" After seeing this, Artemis asked softly.

Sirius nodded, "Yeah. In fact, I come to this tavern quite often."

"Eh~ Don't tell me that you're here to hook up with the waitress?" The half-elf Lante interrupted him suspiciously.

'Ah…this little girl has been naughty recently…' Sirius looked at Lante with a helpless expression.

"Heh, little girl, what do you know? I come here because the food here is quite delicious." With a chuckle, Sirius flawlessly answered the question.

In the past, he may be guilty of hiding some truth, but he's now used to it.

Therefore, Lante's suspicion was not worth mentioning.

"Mhmm…" Lante could only say so.

Hostess of Fertility is famous for its delicious food. Basically, every adventurer in Orario had heard of this place. Therefore, Lante couldn't find any way to refute his words.

After all, she's just a naive girl, and it's too early for her to play word games with him.

Sirius shook his head inwardly and calmly moved closer to Artemis.

"Artemis-sam, how long are you going to stay this time?" Sirius asked with some expectation.

"If nothing happens, we should be leaving tomorrow afternoon…." It was not Artemis who answered him but Rethusa.

As the captain of Artemis Familia, how could Rethusa not understand the mind of her deity?

According to past experience, they would rest for tonight, relax tomorrow morning, and then leave in the afternoon.

Although as a Familia, they also have a base in the city as their headquarters. But they can also be said to be homeless.

To cut off the bane of the monsters outside of Orario, Artemis Familia often wanders out of the city.

At least, that's the current situation of Artemis Familia.

However, upon hearing Rethusa's words, Artemis couldn't help but twitch her cheeks.

The blue-haired goddess was hesitating whether to stay for a day or two, but now after Rethusa said so, she had no choice but to leave soon.

Artemis felt annoyed and regretful.

"Um…Artemis-sama?" Rethusa quickly found something wrong with Artemis's expression. She wondered if she had said something wrong before.

'Why do I feel that Artemis-sama is so tangled?' Rethusa thought in confusion.

"Do you want to leave tomorrow!? Will it be too urgent? Artemis-sama, it took your familia nearly a month to complete a commission. I think you need a little more rest. After all, everyone looks so tired…." Sirius tried his best to give advice.

He naturally hopes that Artemis can stay for a few more days.

After all, he has already figured out why the two have such a strange attraction.

Therefore, he wanted to take this chance to deepen the relationship between them. He didn't want his first love in this world to end up in regret.

To be honest, Sirius felt their current affair was a bit like a long-distance relationship. It isn't easy to deepen the relationship while Artemis is often away.

"Uh…" After hearing this, Artemis couldn't help but hesitate.

Rethusa blinked after seeing this. Then, she understood the situation.

So, miss captain raised her head just in time to meet Sirius's gaze. The two exchanged glances and planned their subsequent actions.

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

Chapter 89

"Ahem, Sirius, although I am very grateful for your consideration, it is still Artemis-sama who makes the decision. Actually, we also want to rest for a day or two, so there's more time for preparations."

"And Lante said she wasn't feeling very well before, right?" After speaking this, Rethusa hinted at the bewildered half-elf.

'When did I say so?' Lante didn't remember when she said that she wasn't feeling well.

"I'm feeling…ouch!!" Lante wanted to retort, but a sudden pain disrupted her mind.

Rethusa suddenly stepped on the half-elf's feet to keep her quiet. Lante found that miss captain was looking at her dangerously. Lante felt if she dared to refute the captain's words, she would end up miserable.

"Lante? Are you not feeling well?" After noticing the half-elf's painful expression, Artemis frowned in worry.

Artemis was struggling with Sirius's offer before, so she didn't notice their small movements. It's just that she felt strange looking at Lante.

It was evident that Lante was fine and healthy before. The half-elf even had excess energy to quarrel with Sirius.

But now, why is she feeling uncomfortable all of a sudden?

Artemis didn't know the reason for this matter.

"I have a stomach ache…." Lante tried covering her belly and sincerely answered with a bitter expression.

"But, you were fine just now. Are you injured? Would you like to drink some potions?" Artemis's eyes were full of concern looking at Lante, and she reached out for her backpack.

"Don't worry, Artemis-sama. Lante must have drank too much juice before. It's just some digestive problem, and potions can play a minimal role in this situation." At this time, Sirius grabbed Artemis's wrist to stop her behavior and gestured toward a bunch of empty cups on the table next to the half-elf.

Of course, it may or may not be Lante who drank all the juices.

"Really? Lante, are you feeling uncomfortable in your stomach?" Artemis asked two questions, respectively, and Lante seemed relatively well-behaved thanks to the coercion of the captain. The half-elf meekly nodded so that she could play for a few more days in the future.

"I think it's better to rest for a few days before leaving, Artemis-sama. Do you have the heart to force this girl to leave the city under such circumstances?" Sirius took the opportunity to strike while the iron was hot and gradually tilted the conversation in his favor.

After hearing his question, Artemis lowered her eyes, pondered for a while, and then nodded.

"Alright, let's take a few more days of rest this time. Everyone should pay attention to their bodies, don't be like Lante." Artemis also had her consideration for this decision, but nobody knows about it.

After Artemis finished speaking, the other girls from the familia, except Rethusa and Lante, became surprised and excited.

One by one, they widened their eyes and covered their mouth with their hands, and all of them showed unbelievable expressions.

Is this the same goddess Artemis they knew?

She, who has always been strict with rules, made an exception and gave them extra holidays!?

Is this the power of love?

Love live romance!!!

Every girl in Artemis familia looked at their goddess and Sirius with meaningful eyes.

"What are you girls looking at? Why keep staring at me!?" Artemis slightly blushed after feeling their gazes and pretended to be cold.

"No…nothing, Artemis-sama."

"Yes! We're just happy to have extra time to rest, nothing else~"

"Hurray! Long live Artemis-sama!"

After hearing Artemis's question, the stunned girls reacted one after another and started making noises again, expressing their joy.

Along the girls' laughter, only Lante covered her stomach with a bitter expression, looking unhappy.

To cooperate with the plan of a certain two people, she was hit in the stomach.

Miss captain used a particular method to cause actual stomach ache in Lante. Who can be happy after suffering this?

And when the half-elf thought that everyone was happy and only she was 'injured', she became even more depressed.

"Sirius, you can let go of my hand, right? It's not good to keep holding it like this…." After announcing her decision to the girls, Artemis looked at Sirius inexplicably.

"Huh? Artemis-sama, we have already hugged before. So, it's no big deal to hold hands, right?" Sirius gave a cheeky answer.

"Uh…that…it was different then!" After hearing this, the blue-haired goddess retorted. But after recalling the situation, her cheeks reddened in embarrassment.

At the same time, outside western street,

"Divine wine~sacred wine~Soma's wine~" Loki held a sealed ceramic container and bounced up and down the street like a child.

"Don't be too complacent, Loki. We're still on the street. If it spills, I won't buy another one for you." Beside the red-haired goddess, the eyes of the green-haired royal elf turned to the side of the street and sighed helplessly.

Riveria was tired of dealing with the naughty goddess.

"How is that possible…Of course, I will take good care of this thing. How can I let it spill?" Although she said so, Loki still honestly tightened her hold on the wine jug carefully.

"With so much wine, it looks like I can have a good meal tonight! Let's go back quickly, Riveria!" Loki couldn't wait to return home.

"...What about Sirius?" Riveria had not forgotten their original purpose for coming out.

"That boy will come back when he's had enough fun. Drinking takes higher priority now~" Loki shrugged off the matter.

"..." Riveria fell silent after hearing this.

If Sirius were here, he might cry out in indignation. In Loki's eye, alcohol is more important than him.

"Riveria, we're in front of Mama Mia's tavern. Ah, the business here is really good as always…." When passing by Hostess of Fertility, Loki turned her head slightly and sighed at the familiar pub.

Of course, the red-haired goddess didn't mean to enter the store. She was rushing to go back and drink.

'I must drink enough Soma wine tonight!' Originally Loki planned so.

However, after she noticed a familiar figure inside the tavern, Loki stopped her movements.

The red-haired goddess squinted her eyes with a shocked expression.

"Artemis?" Loki recognized the blue-haired goddess.

"Huh? What about Artemis?" Following the goddess, Riveria also looked at the familiar tavern and subconsciously repeated Loki's words.

Immediately afterward, the royal-elf followed Loki's line of sight and found a familiar figure inside the store.

"Sirius?" Riveria and Loki focused on different people.

But soon, similar doubts arose in their hearts.

"What's the matter with Sirius and Artemis?"

"The blue-haired goddess Raul said before that seduced Sirius turned out to Artemis!?" Because Sirius was near the window, Loki could easily see the scene inside.

When she saw Artemis and Sirius so close to each other with shy and embarrassed expressions, Loki was so shocked that she couldn't speak.

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

Chapter 90

Loki was surprised that Artemius, who is in charge of 'chastity', belonging to the famous trio of virgin-goddess, would have an expression similar to a girl in love.

Loki was familiar with Artemis in heaven, so precisely because of this, she was surprised at the scene.

Artemis, the cold, chaste, and avid opposer of love affairs, would someday have feelings for a mortal boy…

Loki could never imagine such a scenario in the past.

But now, she had to admit the fact presented in front of her, and what's more, the other party involved was a member of her familia.

The combination of these two things is unreal, just like a dream.

Loki even wondered if she was hallucinating right now.

'By the way, Sirius has not been in the city for too long. How did he hook up with Artemis?' Loki started wondering. She could never imagine that Artemis knew Sirius before he arrived in the labyrinth city.

Doubts, curiosity, surprises, etc., various emotions occupied Loki's heart.

For the time being, she had no plan to return to her residence. Loki put drinking aside and wanted to interrogate Sirius first.

Riveria blinked and followed behind Loki into the Hostess of Fertility.

"Artemis-sama, do you want to drink more wine? I'll pour it out for you." In the window seat, Rethusa held a wine bottle and smiled brightly.

Beside the blue-haired goddess, Sirius gave miss captain a meaningful wink.

'Big sister, you can't do this. It's too deliberate. Artemis-sama will notice something wrong…' Sirius can fully understand Rethusa's enthusiasm for assistance, but he didn't want to rush things. He tried to convey such meaning through his eyes.

Love and feelings are delicate matters and need more time and effort to harvest. The step-by-step process is key to success. As the saying goes, slow and steady wins the race.

Since all of Artemis Familia is in his support, it's just a matter of time before he can take down the blue-haired moon goddess.

Just now, Rethusa's act of pouring wine to Artemis was about to exceed the tolerance limit of the goddess.

Doesn't this make it clear that she had a conspiracy in her heart?

However, when Rethusa looked at Sirius's eyes, she misunderstood his meaning.

'Oh? I understand, Sirius. Do I need to step up my efforts?' Rethusa realized her mistake.

So, in the next second, Rethusa gave an OK sign to Sirius, showing that she understood his meaning.

'No, what do you understand?' Sirius was a bit confused by miss captain's gesture, but suddenly Artemis interrupted his thoughts.

"Rethusa…" The blue-haired goddess looked at Rethusa suspiciously.

"What's wrong, Artemis-sama?" Miss captain smiled and asked.

"I feel that you are trying to get me drunk with bad intentions, and you've been gesturing at Sirius before…Are you two trying to do something bad to me while I'm drunk?" The moon goddess squinted her eyes, and her calm tone caused cold sweat to break out of Rethusa's forehead.

Rethusa looked like a criminal in front of a police officer.

Sirius held his forehead helplessly and showed a wry smile. He knew it would end up like this.

"Hey, Rethusa, I knew such a deliberate act won't work. Next time, I'll give you more stealthy instructions…." Sirius tried to help miss captain by sharing the blame.

"What!? How do I know this? It's the first time I've done something like this…." Rethusa realized his intention and retorted.

"I know, so haven't I been giving you a wink to stop?" Sirius tried explaining.

"...I thought you were telling me to step up my efforts…." Rethusa complained.

Seeing that the matter was exposed, Sirius did not hide it from Artemis and directly began to correct Rethusa's mistakes and publicly conspired with her for future planning.

"???" Beside them, a virtual question mark appeared above Artemis's head.

'What do you two mean? Wanting to do bad things and have no intention of repenting at all, and what's more, discussing plans and conspiracies in front of me….' The moon goddess was stunned and angry seeing their actions.

'It's simply excessive!! These two people don't respect me at all…' Artemis wanted to speak out, but a third party interrupted her.

"Sirius!!! When did you have an affair with Artemis!?" At this time, Loki barged into the store and shouted.

"What? Who has an affair with whom?"

In an instant, Loki's voice attracted everyone's attention in the tavern.

Customers looked at the window seat and started whispering with each other.

When it comes to gossip, adventurers are no weaker than adolescent girls.

Moreover, some adventurers are still jealous of Sirius being surrounded by beautiful girls. They were very envious of the blond boy.

So, after seeing goddess Loki bring Riveria aggressively toward Sirius, they were instantly overjoyed.

"Hey, it looks like two goddesses are fighting over a man!" A customer talked to his friend in a low voice.

"Shh… don't talk if you want to die. Just watch the show quietly." The friend covered the guy's mouth in panic and advised.

"I'm so envious of that guy…." Another customer sighed.

"Right, why don't beautiful girls surround me?" A guy beside him also complained.

Ryuu heard the voices of the passing customers. She carried a serving plate and looked at the location of Sirius with calm eyes.

In truth, she was also curious about what would happen next.

'Speaking of which, will Sirius-san have nowhere to stay tonight? So, can I help him with the time comes? Let's see what happens next…' Ryuu was in a daze, thinking about the future.

Syr quietly watched her elf friend's reaction in the corner of her eyes.

'Ryuu is unexpectedly calm…But maybe it's an illusion? Why does Ryuu seem to be thinking about something? Is she planning to join in the fun? Could it be a love triangle next?' There was a lot of drama in the grey-haired waitress's mind.

Syr decided that if such a situation did occur, she would stand on Ryuu's side and help her.

Not because of anything else, just because it seems fun~

Syr was also curious about the blond youth because she couldn't see the color of his soul. The more hidden it is, the more she wants to explore it.

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

Chapter 91

"Oh? It's Loki and Riveria-sama… I'm just having a meal with Artemis-sama. Where do you see us having an affair? Please don't slander us!"

Sirius, who was having a pleasant conversation with the captain of Artemis familia, was interrupted by Loki's shout. He didn't panic and replied confidently.

Both Sirius and Artemis are at the beginning stage of love. Except for the past hug, he hasn't done any intimate things with the moon goddess. Therefore, Sirius had nothing to fear.

Although Sirius maintained his calm in front of Loki, that doesn't mean Artemis could do the same.

"L-Loki!? Why are you here?" After hearing Loki's words, Artemis started panicking.

But after a while, Artemis felt something was wrong.

'No…why should I panic? I just have a normal friendly relationship with Sirius. So, what's there to panic about?' Artemis realized her gaffle.

The moon goddess didn't intend to pry Loki's corner and convert Sirius into her familia. Therefore, she had no guilty conscience.

After realizing this, Artemis returned to her usual cold appearance, looked at Loki, and waited for an answer.

Loki blinked a few times, and the corner of her mouth drew an ambiguous smile.

The evil goddess of mischief could see the previous panicked expression of Artemis.

Therefore, she detected something fishy going on between Sirius and Artemis.

'Things are starting to get interesting….' For pleasure-seeking creatures like gods, exciting things are always welcomed. Loki was no exception.

So, the red-haired goddess put her right hand behind her neck and leaned forward with a teasing smile.

"Oh, I happened to see you here, Artemis. Since Sirius is also here, I came here to say hello." Loki gave out an excuse.

"Greetings?" Artemis curled her lips, not believing such an obvious excuse.

"Uhm, why is your hello similar to catching an illicit affair?" A curious feminine voice came from behind Loki.

"Affair!? Who is talking behind my back? I never meant that way. Oh, it's you, Syr. Then it's no biggie…."

When Loki heard someone trying to slander her reputation, she turned around and wanted to teach the other party a lesson.

When she turned around and found the familiar gray-haired waitress, Syr, she calmed down and started explaining her reason for being in this place.

Seeing Loki like this, Syr stuck out her tongue cutely, dragged a few chairs from the side, and expectantly looked at the moon goddess.

"Can we sit here, Artemis-sama?" Syr pretended to be unfamiliar and asked for permission.

"Please feel free to sit anywhere you like." The moon goddess nodded slightly.

"Then, excuse us. Ryuu, come and sit down with me." Syr didn't forget her elf friend.

"This is not good, Syr… I'm busy with things in the store…." Ryuu tried to make an excuse. She felt uncomfortable here.

"It's alright, Ryuu. It's just a short break, and Mama Mia won't care. In the worst-case scenario, Sirius-san will have to spend more money…." Syr quickly dismantled Ryuu's worries and didn't allow her to make another excuse.

Loki and Riveria sat down on their seats one after another, and Ryuu smiled wryly after hearing Syr's playful answer.

The elf waitress raised her head, looked at the proprietress's position, and found Mama Mia smiling heroically behind the bar and waving her hands casually.

Ryuu felt that Mama Mia was showing support for her.

As for whether it was for her to establish a good relationship with a certain blond youth or to drain his wallet, Ryuu didn't know. So, she sighed and helplessly sat on the chair beside her friend.

At the same time, Rethusa was attentive and pulled Lante, pretending to be dead, to move away and free up space for the two lovebirds.

Sirius looked at the two goddesses beside him, an elven royalty, plus the waitress duo of Syr and Ryuu, and started pondering.

'Strange…how did things turn out this way? Why does it feel like something terrible is brewing in the dark?' Sirius didn't know what to do.

"Hey, Artemis, a child of my familia previously told me that a blue-haired goddess enticed Sirius on the street. It seems that was you. Tell me, how did you meet Sirius? I'm very curious…." Loki held a glass of wine in one hand and the wine bottle in the other.

After saying this, she drank the wine in a big gulp with cheeks reddening due to the alcohol's effect.

Although Loki was very interested in the matter between Artemis and Sirius, she didn't forget about drinking alcohol.

"A child of your familia? Is it a spiky-haired guy with thick eyebrows and big eyes?" As if remembering something filthy, Artemis's eyes sharpened while mentioning this.

Loki was stunned, looking at Artemis's disgusted expression.

"Yeah, that's Raul. What did he do to make you so angry?" Loki asked curiously.

"Humph! That filthy man. When I met Sirius, I found that hedgehog guy was dragging Sirius to a brothel in the red light district." Artemis snorted and answered unhappily. Then, she explained in detail about her encounter with Sirius today.

"B-Brothel!? Red light district!?" Ryuu spoke out in surprise and looked at Sirius wrongly.

"Eh? Hehe, this is really…." Syr covered her mouth to hide her surprise. She didn't expect to hear such explosive news.

Even Riveria, who was calmly drinking tea, frowned after hearing this, and her pointed ears twitched slightly.

"Don't look at me like that, Ryuu. It was not my intention to go there. Raul dragged me to that place." Sirius didn't want others to misunderstand him, so he hurriedly explained the matter.

In short, this incident was not his fault. Sirius poured all the blame onto the spiky-haired senior.

'Brother Raul, thank you for your sacrifice…' Sirius insincerely prayed internally.

"Hehe~Raul, that kid, he's still going there…Riveria, you can inform Finn of this matter after returning, and ask him to give that kid a good lesson." With that said, Loki poured herself another glass of wine.

"I have no opinion." Riveria fully supported Loki's idea. She was also disgusted with places like the entertainment district.

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

Chapter 92

"Let's not talk about this, Artemis. You haven't told me how you met Sirius and have such a good relationship with him. This is not like your usual behavior. In heaven you were…." Loki wanted to say something, but Artemis interrupted her.

"What about me? Can't I have friends of the opposite sex!?" Artemis shouted with a tough stance, giving the impression of trying to hide something.

"Eh~" Loki deliberately lengthened her voice and chuckled meaningfully, which made Artemis look at her and want to beat her.

"What are you trying to say?" Artemis took a deep breath and said.

"No, nothing… Hey Sirius, look at this goddess. Doesn't she look quite fierce?" Loki involved Sirius in their conversation. The goddess of mischief hugged his hands, acting scared.

'Fierce?' Sirius glanced at the angry Artemis and felt she was obviously cute.

'Also, don't keep pressing your rock-hard chest. No matter how much you squeeze them, I will feel nothing but your ribs…' Sirius kept complaining in his heart. He didn't want to involve himself in the matter of two goddesses.

But for Loki's question, he still gave a reasonable answer.

After all, it's not a shameful thing. Therefore, Sirius soon told how Artemis rescued him and brought him to Orario with her familia.

"What!? Artemis brought you to Orario? Why didn't I know about this!?" Loki was surprised after hearing this.

"...You never asked." Sirius had a headache looking at Loki, who started to jump around.

He felt today was a rough day.

For the first time, he wanted to have a private celebration with Raul for leveling up. As a result, he encountered Artemis in the entertainment district. So, the previous plan was scrapped. Now that he wanted to have a good time with the moon goddess, Loki barged in and interrupted their happy time.

If these three joys are separated, Sirius will have a happy time like a dream.

Unfortunately, these events happen to overlap one after another.

'Why? How did it become like this?' Sirius supported his cheek with one hand and stared in front of him with a depressed expression. The scene looked like a large offline party, and he felt complex looking at it.

Artemis seemed to have a hard time dealing with Loki. The two goddesses started drinking Soma wine one cup after another, occasionally blending it with fruit wine from the tavern.

Soon, they started having a drinking competition, looking like one won't stop unless the other party was completely down.

The competition was because Loki wanted to hear some juicy secrets, and Artemis naturally refused. So, it developed into the current situation.

Rethusa and Lante were a bit farther from the goddesses, but after all, they were on the same table; how far could they go?

After avoiding stepping into the landmine of the two goddesses when it looked like they might quarrel, the two girls got close to Sirius and started chatting and laughing with Syr and Ryuu.

Riveria sat between Syr and Loki, like an ethereal fairy untouched by mortal filth.

The elegant elf ignored the reckless Loki and occasionally responded to Syr's words.

The crowd enjoyed food and wine until it was late at night.

The dinner party that was supposed to be happy ended with the defeat of the moon goddess.

After all, Artemis rarely indulges in alcohol. Although she could drink well, compared with an experienced drinker like Loki, she was obviously a bit inferior.

"Artemis-sama fainted!"

"It's amazing! It's the first time I've seen Artemis-sama like this…."

"Me too!"

"After all, she usually has a stern expression…."

When the girls from Artemis familia looked at their unconscious goddess, they started chattering in amazement.

"We'll take our leave, Sirius. See you tomorrow!"

But it didn't take too long for Rethusa to calm them down. The red-haired captain carried her fainted deity on the back, said goodbye to Sirius with an ambiguous hint, and left the tavern with her familia.

Fortunately, Artemis familia booked a hotel before coming to this place. Otherwise, this situation would not be easy to find a place to stay at night.

By the way, Sirius paid fully for all the food and drinks.

In a single meal, Sirius Starr nearly emptied 300,000 valis. The faces of Mama Mia and certain cat girls were filled with smiles when he checked out the bills.

"Ryuu-san, goodnight. I'll also take my leave."

Sirius spent some time saying goodbye to Ryuu and was the last person to walk out of the tavern.

On the night avenue filled with lights coming out of the magic lamp, Sirius stepped forward to join Loki and Riveria, who had walked some distance ahead.

"Hmmm… you wanted to beat me in a drinking contest? Artemis, you're still too tender~" Loki was drunk and started talking nonsense. It looked like she was in a good mood after defeating Artemis.

Loki walked in the front while Sirius and Riveria were a few steps behind.

"Sirius, why did you follow Raul to the entertainment district?" Riveria, who looked like a cold beauty, glanced at her temporary student walking on the side.

The emerald-haired beauty is not the type to gossip, so she kept her doubts until now before asking.

"Uh… I didn't go there on my own initiative. Don't you believe me, Riveria-sensei?" Sirius looked at Riveria hesitantly.

"No, I trust you. That's why I'm asking why." Riveria shook her head and looked at the boy calmly.

She also trusted the boy's words and believed he wouldn't go to a sinful place like the red-light district on his own. She intuitively felt that Sirius had another inexplicable reason to go there.

After all, as Sirius's teacher, Riveria remembered what she had taught him.

Sometimes when she had little extra time, she told Sirius and Lefiya about various places in Orario and other scenery outside the city.

The labyrinth city is quite large, and the eight areas that divide it have their unique characteristics.

So, Riveria clearly remembers telling Sirius and Lefiya about the entertainment district and asking them not to go there. Although it was embarrassing, she felt obligated to teach her students about such a topic.

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

56