121: Curious Hermes!
925 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 121

"Let's try the enchanted sword." Sirius glanced at the upcoming killer ants on the side and muttered.

The enemy drew its claws in the air and attacked him, but Sirius reacted faster than it.

Swish!

He dodged the monster's attack and slashed its claws.

"GRAH!!"

Sirius ignored the killer ant's painful howl and slashed again at its hard shell.

Swish!

He felt no apparent resistance, and the blade slid into the hard shell as if it had sliced through butter or maybe jello.

Afterward, Sirius withdrew the enchanted sword, and the killer ant was neatly divided into two.

"The sharpness is twice as much as before…." Sirius realized this.

Although this sword is not as good as real advanced weapons, it's undoubtedly an epic weapon for low-level adventurers.

For further testing, Sirius used the enchanted longsword to chop off nearby monsters, and he didn't even bother to pick up the dropped magic stones.

He was immersed in his thoughts while experimenting.

Sirius concluded that the enchantment experiment was undoubtedly a success.

After enchanting, the overall quality of the original weapon can at least be increased by a certain multiple based on the weapon's materials. Sirius guessed that this also includes increased durability, sharpness, additional attributes, etc.

Sirius guessed that High-Class Adventurers could use his enchanted weapons on the middle floors.

Weapons for High-Class Adventurers start from at least a few hundred thousand valis in Orario.

And his long sword cost only seven thousand valis…

If Sirius engages in this business, it's a bloody profit!

"Haha, my magic allows me to earn a dozen times the profit difference!?" Sirius seems to have thought of his future as becoming the most prominent black-hearted businessman in the city.

"Wait, I can't make such a conclusion yet. What determines the overall value of a weapon is not only sharpness but also durability…Let me further test them out." Sirius took a few breaths to calm down and started a new round of testing his enchanted swords.

After all, it's too early to conclude. Sirius had no idea whether his magic degraded the weapon's materials.

Just like when it's applied to himself, it quickly consumes his physical and mental energy.

So, it's necessary to find out how long a sword costing seven thousand valis can endure the enchantment.

Furthermore, he still has some cheaper quality swords to test the effect of enchantment.

Meanwhile, in the city above the dungeon,

The sun shone from the blue sky dotted with beautiful cirrocumulus clouds.

Warm sunshine shone on the west street where crowds of people and several carriages passed by.

A god casually bought something besides the street with a smile.

He had blonde hair and orange eyes and was wearing a feathered hat. He was slender and of medium height, with skinny arms and legs sticking out of his clothes.

"Orario, I'm back again~" The blond-haired god declared his arrival in a low voice. Nobody paid attention to him, though.

"Asfi, how much information have you gathered about that person?" The god mentioned above asked a girl beside him.

The girl had aqua-blue hair and cyan-colored eyes. She also wore glasses and looked like a literary girl.

"Hermes-sama, there's not much information…I don't know why but after he was promoted he rarely went to the guild. So, the guild has limited information about him. But it is said that some adventurer bumped into him in the Large Tree Labyrinth." The girl named Asfi answered while adjusting her glasses.

The God who spoke was called Hermes, and the girl who answered was a human woman called Asfi Al Andromeda.

Unlike the god, who behaved cynically, the girl had a serious personality.

Wearing silver-rimmed glasses, her facial features under the light blue hair were exquisite, but her expression and tone were severe and unobtrusive.

She wrapped her body with a pure white cardigan cloak, only revealing a pair of beautiful feet tightly wrapped by strappy sandals.

The decorations attached to the sandals looked like golden wings, which were unusual, but nobody except perverts would stare at a girl's feet. So, not many people noticed it.

"Eh~ Large Tree Labyrinth? His progress is really fast, unlike some people who can't reach there even after spending many years." Hermes was genuinely amazed.

"Besides, according to some rumors, the number of his magic is likely to exceed three, including the powerful high-output attack magic he used to damage the irregular black wyvern with one blow severely. Many people have seen it after all…." Asfi walked side by side with Hermes and explained.

Her appearance was not inferior, even if she was beside a divine being. Her calm blue eyes were full of wisdom, which was very captivating.

It's worth noticing that a lock of hair on her forehead was dyed white, which was quite unique.

Hermes listened to Asfi's explanation and smiled.

"Hehe, the facts are even more exaggerated than the rumors circulating in the outside world!" Hermes sighed.

Various villages and towns outside of Orario have ongoing rumors that Sirius broke through level 2 in just a month and completed his sublimation.

Even so, many people don't believe it and think it's an exaggeration.

Some people even malicious speculated that Sirius lied about the number of days he spent to level up.

But after Hermes Familia began to collect intelligence in Orario, they discovered that the rumors circulating in the outside world were modest truths.

As a human, what is the concept that the number of magic may exceed three?

Hermes, as a god, couldn't be more clear about this.

'Absolute Heroic Potential! The boy can even be compared to ancient heroes!' Hermes concluded.

'And correspondingly, with such a large number of magic, he must have at least one rare skill!' Although it was just a guess, Hermes was confident that his vision would not go wrong after wandering and traveling in the mortal world for so many years.

Hermes was more and more interested in the boy with such incredible potential. He wanted to learn about him.

Read more chapters:

https://www.patréon.com/dangerouskitty

43