Prologue 序幕
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the pitch black blanket of the deep night, all was still.

A sudden jerk and a piercing scream shattered the peace. Lying in the darkness sick with pearls of sweat down her brows, a terrified young lady jolted awake from her agonising alternate reality. 

White clashes of battle between battle-armoured deities and showers of golden-coloured Fiery Phoenix arrows rain across the battlefield... In the midst of all the warfare, Yin Qian could clearly make out the symbols of the Three Heavenly Tribes on banners that fluttered helplessly in the wind. They were at war with the Netherworld’s Xiu Luo Tribe.

As the heiress to the Phoenix Tribe, a well-known clan of Heavenly Warriors defending the peace in the realm, she was leading the charge into battle at the south plains of the capital, Zi Xuan City. The Nine Heavenly Cities were in chaos - there was holy fire burning everywhere. Where it once stood beautiful lotus ponds, it was now all blood-stained debris and rubble. The Heavenly tribes have been attacked from all fronts and Zi Xuan City was hit the worse.

A sense of panic growingly overwhelms her. Lord Father, where are you?! Suddenly, a bolt of blue-hued lightning strike across her head and illuminated the ominous coloured skies with a deafening roar. Her eyes shot into the skies above her and her heart skipped a beat. Yin Qian knew it could only mean one thing - Xue Jin Feng, the Dragon heir of the Nine Heavenly Cities is in the midst of a heavenly battle. But with who? Since his recent heaven tribulation trials, he hasn't yet recovered much of his cultivation in order to wield his Storm Blades much less execute its signature move, Strike of Heavenly Judgement.  Jin Feng! I must get to him before it’s too late! 

A whirl of crimson red orbs flash before her eyes and released her from that nightmare, screaming awake. In a split moment, that vision of chaos and destruction all faded to oblivion. All of it seemed so real.. she thought. Even the cuts and bruises she thought she saw on her hands felt real when she woke. This frightening battle inside her mind has been repeating itself more frequently in the past few weeks. Was this a sign? What does this mean? 

It has been weeks since Yin Qian has relived this nightmare of hers with such regularity. Obviously shaken by her unwelcomed dreams, she instinctively reached out to clasp that warm yellow light dangling in its delicate holder by her chest. 

Ever since she woke up with no memories of her past, she found herself wearing this golden metallic necklace that held a small vial pendant. Inside the vial lies a warm golden glow, almost as if it was pure light. She often studied it, wondering who gave it to her and why she was wearing it when she woke up here. The vial was held together by a metallic clasp and upon closer inspection, Yin Qian noticed intricate inscriptions and carvings but could not make out what it meant. All she knew was that whenever she felt afraid, holding it close in her palms gave her a sense of unexplainable comfort. 

Yin Qian has always tried to recall about her childhood and her past, but could never conjure up any recollections. She has no memories, no history to speak of. For as long as she could remember, she woke up alone on this Yu Lan Mountain one morning and has been living here since. She could never venture off this mountain as well, something was binding her to this desolate wilderness, as if protecting her from a world she was not privy to. In the months she found herself all alone in the world, she could not remember anything else significant other than her name - Yin Qian, and that the ornamental pendant on her necklace was some kind of important artefact, something she should keep safe and never lose. 

Feeling more suffocated as she sat by the edge of her cold and uncomfortable bamboo bed, she stood up and gently push pass the thinly constructed window panes that barely kept the harsh elements out. A gentle breeze caressed her face as she stood with the moonlight raining on her face. Looking out, she gaze into the black wilderness that covered as far as one’s eyes could see, only guided by the gentle glow of the orb in the sky. 

Taking a deep breath, Yin Qian began to recollect her thoughts. To be honest, this was the first time she managed to recall her dream so clearly after she regained consciousness. 

0