I am Neo
1.6k 4 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In my story, the neo is three years younger. The story itself will remain the same. In the original, neo should now be twelve years old. Which means that when the first volume of RWBY begins, neo will be eighteen.  

---------

Neo POV

Trivia Vanille - that's what my parents called me. I didn't have a great life despite being the daughter of a prominent family. My parents saw me as a loser, and my father didn't have much sympathy for me. He was unable to comprehend that I was born mute. His dislike of my bicolor eyes, which he considered abnormal, was another factor in his disdain for me. My mother and father eventually began to ignore me, and so it went for most of my life.Only when he had to appear nice in front of the public did my father pay attention to me. Even then I had to wear contact lenses to keep my brown eyes, because I couldn't show that I was "abnormal." Until I ran into my friend named Neopolitan . Uncle Xiong was the only person besides her who ever paid attention to me. He often gave me gifts, but my dad didn't like it when he visited our house. Neo ended up being my playmate. I didn't understand the truth until I was eight years old. 

On my 8th birthday I broke a vase while playing with Neo. When father and mother appeared father was furious. When I wanted to ask for help neo she was gone. That day I injured my hand by breaking off the vase. However, father only cared about this expensive vase. My mother wanted to help me but ended up arguing with my father. When I told my parents about Neo my mother said that friends who do something bad and then disappear leaving you with problems is not a good friends. From that day on, my worldview began to crumble, as I came to terms with the fact that Neo is actually a product of my imagination , which I invented to cope with loneliness. When I came to this realization, the false sense of joy I had built up broke like glass. I now understood that Neo was a model and was not meant to be my friend. She served as a metaphor for what I needed to develop to be happy. Neo represented the real me, unencumbered by melancholy and anxiety.

After this event, I developed a mindset similar to Neo's. With this way of thinking, I gradually began to relate to her.

My aura unlocked in less than three months after the events of my 8th birthday. And my sambelanc made my paranoid father even more angry with me. The aura gave me the confidence. I needed to survive without this family.

When I officially turned 9 years old with the help of illusion I got into my father's office . At that time I wasn't good enough at using shambelance yet, which meant I had to hurry. I knew that as a girl who had lived all her life in a villa I couldn't handle the street even my aura didn't give me enough confidence. So I stole the plans for the street in the vale . I packed every thing that would give me an advantage . 

The next day, fully prepared with the help of an illusion, I escaped from the house. During the day I managed to get to the street that is on the map. With proper preparation, I was able to find a safe hiding place. 

I spent the next few days getting used to life on the street and training illusions. Just being on the street was a good motivation for rapid progress.

My proficiency with my aura was no longer a problem after a month. The problem was the capacity of my aura. My assets were exhausted at this point. I had run out of the supplies I had brought with me before fleeing. I applied my shambelance to rectify the situation. I have enough experience that I was able to trick someone into taking their wallet and running away.

And so I survived the second month. Slowly I began to understand what life on the street was all about. I managed to find sources of water and ways to get food. I already knew how to use even the smallest illusion to divert someone's attention. They don't mention the tremendous luck I had then . 

Two guys were walking on the street and holding bags in their hands. They walked past the alley where I was hiding and talked about the cold war between the two syndicates and that the bags they were carrying were today's shipment of lien collected from the area. In the end, I knew it was a one-in-a-million chance. I changed my appearance thanks to the illusion. And I started following them and thanks to another illusion they didn't notice they were being followed. When one of them went to the alley to pee he put his bag on the dumpster behind him. 

The other guy went on without waiting for his friend. When the gang member was alone with his pants unbuttoned I ran with all my might taking the bag from the dumpster. As soon as the owner of the bag wanted to run after me he fell over his own unbuttoned pants. From that day on it was easier for me. Checking the loot I dumped out the drugs and left the money. Two days after the theft I was walking to the next hideout I saw homeless people chasing a girl a year younger than me. Being curious what happened but the crowd disappeared before I could catch up with them. 

The third month was so awful that I wanted to go home. The people I robbed are looking for me or rather the girls who robbed them. Not to mention that I began to notice more problems of living on the street . With the stolen money it was no problem to buy new clothes if the old ones were torn, nor was it a problem to get food or water. The means to live with proper saving will be enough for me for several months.

  I managed to even get a place to bathe. The problem was other homeless people. I had too much and they had nothing so I had to be careful all the time. However, the feeling of constant insecurity was exhausting me mentally. I changed hiding places once every two days. The maps I stole gave me more knowledge of the streets that even the oldest homeless man doesn't know. This month I was officially declared missing. However, except for a few posters, nothing happened. My father is a city councilman and his daughter is missing. And all the police do is put up a few posters. Then I knew that my parents didn't care about my fate. So the thought of returning home completely went out of my options. So I thought to turn to my uncle xiong. However, I didn't want to make trouble for him.  So I didn't know what to do. Then I thought of what Neo would do. 

For the fourth month, daily survival issues are not a problem for me. But this month was special "Trivia died" . I was running away with my bag of money behind me was one of the thugs wanting to take the money in the bag. Surprisingly I stopped being afraid. Instead of worrying, I started thinking how to get out of the situation. A few months of living on the street changes everyone. A confident smile appeared on my face. I turned around picked up a brick lying on the ground. I then created an illusion in front of me in which I throw the brick. My illusion worked and the thug ducked forward avoiding the "brick". 

Running further he ran into my illusion which shattered like a mirror. I was no longer standing behind the illusion I was standing next to it with my leg stretched forward. The guy expected to catch me so he shifted all his body weight forward. So my leg had no problem knocking him over. While he was still on the ground I kicked sand right into his face taking away his ability to see. Without waiting I ran, moving away from the cursing guy who was suffering from the "sand in the eyes" disease. At that moment I stopped being afraid of the world around me.

 Rather, I began to enjoy it. A confident smile appeared on my face. I no longer had to think what Neo would do. I started to think what I would do. Then I was ready that day Trivia died and Neopolitan was born.

The fifth month was easy since I adopted a new name everything became more fun. Now I learned not only to perform illusions to confuse and escape from opponents. Now I've learned to create illusions to confuse my opponent during a fight. Someone attacks me only to have the illusion of my body shatter. At that moment I appear and hit the most vulnerable places. Eyes, throat, as long as it hurts there I hit. Whether it's sand, a brick or a piece of glass I will use it to my advantage. I have become a specialist in " dirty" fighting. Of course, behind the mental changes I have also changed physically most noticeable is my hair is now pinkish-brown. I could not find hair dye so I used illusion .

Sixth month

'When I was in the store to buy food the camera recorded my new appearance.' 

'Somehow the spider people recognized the bag.'

'Of course I'm not worried about that the more important problem is that I ran out of money.' 

'Of course it's not that I only used the money from the bag.' 

'I also stole a lot myself, however, the amounts people keep in their wallets are not enough for a good meal.'

Thinking I move towards the hideout. I feel observed so I increase my vigilance and change my destination. 

'I can't afford to let anyone discover my hiding place'. 

Entering the alley I am caught from behind and a hand is placed over my mouth. 

"I caught her! " 

A male voice speaks up behind me 

"Okay, I'll contact the boss where we should take her."

"In the meantime Indigo go and help secure the cargo".

Says the leader pulling out a scroll. And he walks out of the alley 

Indigo slowly walks towards us. I waste no more time and bite the hand holding me as hard as I can. I feel an iron taste in my mouth and a loud scream behind me which means it must have hurt.

'What did they think I would go without a fight? '. 

I feel a state of weightlessness and land on the ground. I send Indigo a satisfied smile. He didn't like that I was making fun of him so he throws himself at me, but the moment he touched me I crumbled like a mirror and he lands with his face on the ground. Of course, it's just an illusion the real me is already ten meters away. I see the head of the two returning to the alley. 

'He must have finished the conversation '.

He sees me and the situation of his subordinates then I only hear 

"What are you doing stop playing!!! "

They both immediately move after me. They are bigger than me. Their legs are longer than my little legs, so they quickly catch up to me despite my distance advantage. Indigo is  nearby me. 

"Come back here..." 

He's about to grab my hand, but of course I don't let him, quickly slipping between his hands turning to the right. Indigo loses his balance and falls over again. The chase itself looks like it was pulled out of a cartoon I throw everything I find along the way at them. I create deceptions using my aura. I no longer count how many times they fall over or get hit in the face with trash. However, to my annoyance. 

'I can't lose them.' 

My smile turns into a grimace. An aura wraps around my body improving me physically. 

'We'll see what you do now '.

I shoot forward. I am at least twice as fast. Now the objects I throw inflict real damage. 

At least their painful gasps testify to this. Nevertheless, they run after me, as if their lives depended on it. My aura gives me an advantage, but in the end I only have the speed of a grown man. 

'My aura is running out.

I don't panic, I just start thinking, but suddenly I hear three thumps. 

'Did they fall? '

'Maybe they finally got tired? '

'Either way, it's not important now.'

I keep running without paying attention to the situation. And I focus on running away. I run into an alley and after a few minutes of further running I stop. A smile appears on my face. 

'Time to go home.... '

"You finally stopped."

"I thought you were going to run until evening."

I hear a voice and quickly turn toward him. 

' white in Bunnies '

On the fire steps I see a girl about my age. She is wearing good clothes and her pale clear skin gives her a feeling of elegance. Shiny Black hair contrasts with her ruby eye. She has a smile on her face whose intentions are impossible to guess. Her red eye studies me from top to bottom. I would say she looks like one of those rich girls from wealthy Atlas families. But everything is spoiled by the fact 

'That sitting on the fire steps in a miniskirt gives me a Perfect view of Her childish underwear.' 

I can't help but giggle the girl herself seems confused by my behavior. She slowly stands up 

'Again, a perfect view from my perspective'.

She then gracefully jumps down and lands in front of me. 

"I have an offer for you to make money".

 looking her straight in the eye. I don't see her lying.

'Well let's see what you have to say '.

'Not that I trust her but my Neo-sense tells me it could be fun'. 

As I think this I sit on the wooden box next to me and cross my legs

66