CH 4 – Shimozono Arisu
62 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I returned to the forest. I was hit with fatigue again, panting and groaning in exhaustion. The white room returned me to the moment I left, almost like time magic. It was only a moment ago that I defeated that orc in reality.

For the sake of adjusting my breathing, I placed my hands on the ground that was covered by fallen leaves. The thick smell of the forest entered my nose — it is a smell similar to that of fallen rotting leaves that are wettened by the rain and mixed with insect and bird poop. Smelling this sort of unique odor, my emotions gradually calmed down. Sounds of footsteps can be heard on the carpet-like fallen leaves, approaching me. I raised my head and notice that the girl whom I saved from the orc, is standing beside me now.

Her uniform is in tatters and what she is wearing now is the summer uniform, hence her shirt should be short sleeves, but her right sleeve has been completely torn off, revealing her fair-skinned shoulder. There is also a big hole in her chest area, revealing her breasts in her bra. She tried to use her hands to cover but it does not seem to work. Though she is quite petite in size, she is quite big. Her skirt has also been torn almost in half, revealing her white panties. There are also multiple bruises on her body, and she is bleeding from the scratches on her hands and legs. But the girl just silently looked at me. Her pupils are extremely clear, making it look very big. It must be because she did not avert her eyes away from my body.

This girl is very beautiful, even while suffering from multiple small injuries and looking quite ragged with torn clothes. The fringe on her forehead is very messy, and her black hair that reached her waist has many fallen leaves and branches in it. I better put away my lustful thoughts.

So I tried to start a conversation, "You…", but just mumbled instead.

I don't think I can start one so soon. I still need to organize my feelings and thoughts, and then reinforce new feelings when I make new decisions.

But the girl seems to have understood my attempt to start a conversation, "I am Shimozono Arisu from the Hospitality Department Year 1 Class A."

Out of courtesy, I stated, "Kaya Kazuhisa, Healthcare, 2B."

Arisu lightly bowed to me, "Kaya, senpai. Thank you for saving me…" A leaf stuck in her head hair also shook, like the ahoge frequently shown in anime. I involuntarily laughed at the sight.

Arisu asked confusedly, "What is wrong?" raising her head and puffing her cheeks. "What are you laughing about?"

I quickly explained that there is a leaf on her head and apologized for my lack of consideration. I took the leaf out of her hair, naturally. Arisu ended up looking at me dumbly. While throwing it away, I looked at her chest. Arisu naturally ended up blushing due to shyness.

Arisu barked, "Please don't just keep staring at me like that!"

I replied offhandedly, "Sorry, sorry." Shifting my sights away. "Uhm, now that we…"

Arisu continued to bark out, "When speaking with others, please look at the other person's eyes."

I looked the bossy girl in the eyes, thinking that for sure she is the female lead or at least, if nothing else, one of the heroines in the story at the very least.

We just made small talk, "Are you okay?" "Ah, yes I am. It is all thanks to you." "That is great. I am glad I made it in time."

Uhm, I never liked the small talk, so I needed to ask the real questions. "Uhm, I am sure you are full of doubts about all these happenings, amiright? However, I have this bird on my shoulder and this golem over there standing still like a statue. Well, I am wondering where to start…"

Arisu interrupted, "Can I… sit down?" I replied, "Oh okay, I am tired too."

Sitting down with Arisu side by side. Initially, I thought Arisu will keep a bit of distance away from me, but I didn't expect that she will lean on me and sit down. I can even feel her body's warmth. I turned and looked at her, but have to look down due to our height difference. Our eyes met, and a shy smile surfaced on Arisu's face. I explained the situation sequentially.

First, I was digging a trap, a hole in the ground this morning. While waiting around, an orc showed up. I pushed the orc into the hole and then repeatedly stabbed it with my bamboo spear. I explained that there is a white room that you can level up in. I explained that if she leveled up, she could join me at a party. I also briefly explained that I have a video game title that can give bonuses to party members.

I explained clearly, "I am looking for allies that will defend the front. I have both supporting and summoning skills. I can increase your strength and speed in the meantime. Once you level up if you could learn a weapon skill and physical level 1, that would be great. Once I level up again, I have a feeling that I will be able to summon a suitable weapon for you. Until then, I can make you a bamboo spear. If you want, I can bring you to that hole and I can get an orc inside it for you to kill. I think I can also disable an orc into near death and then you can finish it off, but what do you think or which option do you want to try? "

I skipped some fine details, but we can go over them in the white room. I didn't go into any details about why I was digging a hole in the first place either. She seems to be interested in this matter but she did not specially ask any questions.

Arisu is a good listener, and replied, "I escaped here. That creature, an orc? It suddenly attacked the hospitality department and everyone escaped everywhere…" I nodded and she continued, "Can I really become strong? Can I also become just as strong as kaya-senpai?"

I replied, "As long as you can kill an orc, you will be able to. If you have the will, I will naturally welcome comrades."

Arisu seemed on edge, "I want to kill." With a mixture of darkness in her eyes, she continued, "Please Kaya-senpai, Please grant me power. Please give me the power to fight. I hate being powerless, and I hate being trampled upon helplessly. I will do anything!"

I only had one thought, success, "I understand, I will help. Let's make you a bamboo spear first."

Spoiler

3/15/2023 grammar edits and some restructure.

[collapse]
1