Ch 11 – Grinding
51 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once everyone gets to level 1, there will be two teams: A and B. Harada Masae and Ogino Hona will be on Team A with me, Arisu, Tamaki, and Akane. Party B will have a little of everything while most of the combat force will follow me. It is likely that the teams will shift and resort again in the future, but for now that is what was agreed upon.

Apparently, all the girls had already discussed what roles they wanted to fulfill and the team they will be on. It was also disclosed the perk of being on my team, but Shiki-san wanted to test against the wording of the title itself and not just how I described it, because Arisu's title called her a Headgirl and she suspected that there was a reason for it and that it wasn't an arbitrary set of random words. If anyone can join my harem without being on my team, then it would allow more flexibility. Also, if someone didn't "join" my harem joined my team, if they kept the upgrade permanently, they wanted to take advantage of that mechanic if possible. I, the subject of the test, am not really pleased to be treated like a lab rat, but I am curious how she is going to do these tests.

"While I don't mind the theory-crafting, I hope you keep any tests to yourself, so you can be the only person who loses out on any theoretical point loss from leveling up without the bonus."

Shiki-san agreed, "Okay, I will join your harem for level 1, then start my own party to experience leveling up to level 2."

She turned to two others next to us, "Masae-chan and Hona-chan, would you mind testing something for me?"

The girl, Hona-san nodded first, "Sure."

Shiki asked, "I know it was agreed that the two of you would join his team, but instead of wanting to join his harem, can you imagine just joining his team? I want to know if being in the party without being in his harem effects the points."

Hona-san looked like she wanted to disagree while Masae-san looked like she would comply.

Hona-san spoke first, "I don't want to lose out on those points, so I'll decline."

Masae-san didn't look like she disagreed, but still answered positively, "I'm willing to do the test, it's only a single point of loss. Plus, I am already thankful to get assisted in leveling up while in a somewhat safe environment. I can imagine that others that level up independent from our group will be plenty jealous and envious."

Shiki happily nodded, "Great! So I'll level up first, then leave the party after leveling up." She then turned back to me, "If possible, I'd like to have Wazuka-chan leveled to level 1 after me, then everyone on your team, then the other 3 that will be on on my team after. I'm requesting for Wazuka-chan as priority, because she wants to be a weapon expert, and as the only one on our team, she will be pivotal in the defense of the other three girls who want to use magic."

I agreed, "That's logical."

I turned to Akane-san, "So did you decide on your role too?"

She nodded, "Yeah, me and Tamaki-san will both be sword experts while Masae-san and Hona-san will be spear experts like Arisu-san. I will get sword expert 1, physical 1, and movement 1. Tamaki-san will get sword 1, physical 1, and wind 1. Masae-san will get spear 1, physical 1, and fire 1; and Hona-san will get spear 1, physical 1, and earth 1. Arisu-san explained she has spear 3, physical 1, movement 1, and healing 2; and you have summoning 5, support 4, and healing 2. She said you aren't going to level up your healing anytime soon and that is what she is going to prioritize and specialize in after her spear arts. I am going to specialize in movement speed, a super speedster, while Tamaki-san want's to swing overly large swords like an anime character. Haha, uhm" She coughed and continued, "Masae-san said that she want's to be able to snap her fingers and watch a monster catch on fire, her and Tamaki-san both like watching anime. Hona-san said that she will get earth magic, because it will likely cover her defensively and offensively."

I thanked her, "Yeah, thanks for explaining everything you discussed. Yeah, essentially I had initially thought that with my excess mana, leveling up my healing would bring utility for the team, but then I realized that more ranks in my summoning and support magic would better utilize my mana and allow more things that would help in general. Every rank of summoning literally increases my summons without extra mana cost, and every increase in rank for support magic means I use less mana over time for the same spells I was already using and they give more utility and power for everyone in general too. We only need a few healing specialists, and the 2 levels I do have in healing is more for emergency at this point. If I support everyone with firepower then the occasional requirement for healing should decrease, and Arisu who doesn't need mana for her spear will have all the mana needed to use healing when we do need it. It also frees the requirement of me leaving a reserve of mana just for healing, because you should always plan for the worse. After I max Summoning and Support magic, I might chase healing or I might choose an elemental magic, but the elementals I can summon cover the basics at this point. I can also assume that I will have the option or ability to summon higher tiered elementals in the future which would cover mid-level elemental magic in firepower. Worse case scenario, I copy you and become a speedster too. Haha. I would probably get detection at that point though."

It was at this point I notice everyone was in the lounge, looking ready to go out. I checked my watch, it was 7:48, still fairly early in the morning.

I took a look at everyone, "Well let's get out there and level up Shiki-san first."

She pouted, "Mo~ah, you can call me by my first name you know."

I rolled my eyes, "I still think it's easier to just call you Shiki-san, why so adamant about me calling you Yukariko-san?, it's such a mouthful you know."

She was the one to roll her eyes back, "That's why you should give me a nickname, like, ko-chan."

I just ignored the fake bitch and started to walk through the entrance. I have already tracked the nearby orcs in the area while waiting for everyone.

"In that direction, about 5 minutes, there are 4 orcs. We will level up Yukariko-san, Wazuka-san, Tamaki-san, and Akane-san. I have the direction of the next three orcs for, uhm, Party B, then another three orcs for the last two girls, Masae-san and Hona-san."

While on the move, I casted support magic Keen Weapon on 3 spears. I also have casted the Physical up spell on everyone, using up 11 mana. I had 1/12 (50) Mana. In 8 minutes I could cast Mighty arm on everyone, but given that it's 5 minutes until the orcs, we still have time for the four girls who will be landing killing blows to receive the buff.

I had 4 golems and a wolf hold back 3 orcs, and 2 golems, me and Arisu helped Shiki Yukariko get the kill on an orc. I was surprised she managed to kill the orc with the bow, even if it was such a close distance with the target being held down in a stationary spot. I guess I was looking down on the bow and arrow a little, huh.

As expected, me, Arisu, and Shiki-san are in the white room. We kept it very brief, explained the principals. Her title was Harem Candidate, but otherwise had the same expected buff as Arisu's title. We decided to hold off spending the points for a moment. Wazuka-san was added to the white room this time, Shiki-san still had the extra skill points, and we decided to continue to hold off on spending the points until everyone was ready to spend them. Shiki-san wanted to test something and asked to be removed from the party for a round. Tamaki-san was added next while Shiki-san wasn't present in the room this time, Tamaki-san was fairly difficult to hold from wanting to spend all her points. I also discovered that the laptops can't be used by others unless the other person agrees (not limited to verbal permission, if they agree and nod that works too). Finally, we were in the white room with Shiki-san again. I explained the extra tidbit we discovered with permission and control of the laptops. Wazuka-san decided to learn magic later, which does actually make sense considering her chosen attack method. I did think it was interesting that everyone had the title Harem Candidate, still, the same expected effects.

Before we were going to leave and finish in the room, I walked to Arisu. She has been giving me the stink eye since this morning, and I am curious to know why.

"So, I've wanted to talk since this morning, but we have been busy. Well, time is frozen in the white room... So"

I looked at her with concern, "What's wrong?"

Arisu just gives me the same stink eye, "You slept with someone last night."

I nodded, "Yeah, and you slept with Tamaki-san last night too?"

She switched to a glare, "We are friends, though!"

"And I can't be a friend with Akane-san?"

"Me and Tamaki are more than friends, were best friends!"

"Okay," I turned to Akane, "We can be more than friends, right?"

She just blushed and nodded, "Uhm, okay."

I gave Arisu a V-sign and she looked like she was going to get angry, so I quickly pecked her cheek with a silly grin. What I didn't expect was the slap from Arisu.

"Jerk! Don't touch me!"

That was almost unbelievably painful, "Whatever."

"Don't whatever me!"

I rubbed my jaw before using the spell remove pain, "Jeez lady, what the fuck is wrong with you? I just wanted to cheer you up."

"Well, you failed and suck."

"I guess I failed, don't bother me then."

I looked to the others while it looked like they wanted to look away at something else, "Well, anything else or can we leave?"

Akane grabbed my hand, I almost reflexively swatted her hand away, but I calmed down in the last moment and just gave a light squeeze instead. I just sighed.

Results: The first group of four1Kazuhisa level 5: Summoning magic Rank 5, Support magic Rank 4, Healing magic Rank 2, Remaining SP: 2
Arisu level 4: Spear Rank 3, Physical Rank 1, Movement Rank 1, Healing magic Rank 2, Remaining SP: 1
Tamaki level 1: Sword Rank 1, Physical Rank 1, Wind magic Rank 1, Remaining SP: 0
Akane level 1: Sword Rank 1, Physical Rank 1, Movement Rank 1, Remaining SP: 0
Yukariko level 1: Shooting Rank 1, Physical Rank 1, Detection Rank 1, Remaining SP: 0
Wazuka level 1: Spear Rank 1, Physical Rank 1, Movement Rank 1, Remaining SP: 0
became level 1.

I got back to reality, and I felt like I just wanted this day to end already, but I know that the day literally just started. I wasn't going to waste and burn this opportunity. I had to become even stronger. If I leveled up my summons to a high enough level, I could have wolves muster and gather enemies to grind for me, or I could have a mount to travel more quickly. Actually both.

We traveled to a group of 3 orcs, I decided that Masae and Hona would level last, as they will join my group anyways. It would save time.

After leveling up the three new additions in the white room.

Results: The last three members of "Party B"2Taniko level 1: Water magic Rank 2, Remaining SP: 0
Chihomi level 1: Earth magic Rank 2, Remaining SP: 0
Kata level 1: Wind magic Rank 2, Remaining SP: 0
became level 1.

After leaving the white room for the seventh time today, I had an idea.

"Let me be in a group with Just Taniko-san, Chihomi-san, and Kata-san, because there are 8 orcs in that direction. We can get all three of them to level up to 2, giving them a push to rank 2 in healing, summoning, and support magic respectively. Then we can split up, your group would have enough insurance with that setup. A raven to keep an eye on your surrounding, a healer for emergency, and a support for Wazuka-san to have a great performance. If you want, there would likely be another group of 4 orcs in another direction that we could also add you two to level up too. Then you'll be left to your own devices, what do you think?"

The girls were excited from the idea and Shiki-san ultimately accepted, "Alright, that's very nice of you."

I nodded. We went to face off the 8 orcs, this time, because everyone was already level 1, we shared XP. I also underestimated the destructive power of rank 2 elemental magic. As long as an orc is held down or stationary, a rank 2 spell will not miss and will be one-hit one-kill for these regular orcs. The Earth magic rank 2 spell while not as destructive as other rank 2 spells as it's not an instant one-hit one-kill, but it has a heavy bleed out, and that damage over time if not healed will also kill an orc, but they need to be continuously held down during the bleed out. The advantage of the stone spikes is that it's possible to be used on more than 1 opponent at the same time. Sonic edge rank 2 spell from wind magic can cause lots of damage, but if the opponent has armor is ineffective. While water magic's rank 2 spell ice sword has the same issue as wind magic, there is another rank 2 spell acid burst that's similar to earth magic's rank 2 spell stone spikes that it causes damage over time, but the acid is a non-solid liquid while the earth spike could still be blocked or deflected. I continued to pickup the red gems.

I got a direction with 6 more orcs, how convenient. We killed the first 4 as quickly as possible, and everyone landed in the white room.

Results: Members of "Party B"3Yukariko level 1 to 2: Shooting Rank 2, Physical Rank 1, Detection Rank 1, Remaining SP: 0 to 3 to 1
Wazuka level 1 to 2: Spear Rank 2, Physical Rank 1, Movement Rank 1, Fire magic Rank 1, Remaining SP: 0
Taniko level 1 to 2: Water magic Rank 2, Healing magic Rank 2, Remaining SP: 0
Chihomi level 1 to 2: Earth magic Rank 2, Summoning magic Rank 2, Remaining SP: 0
Kata level 1 to 2: Wind magic Rank 2, Support magic Rank 2, Remaining SP: 0
leveled up.

We parted ways from the second team. It was time to power level Masae-san and Hona-san with the 2 remaining orcs.

Results: The remaining members of "Party A"4Masae level 1: Spear Rank 1, Physical Rank 1, Fire magic Rank 1, Remaining SP: 0
Hona level 1: Spear Rank 1, Physical Rank 1, Earth magic Rank 1, Remaining SP: 0
became level 1.

I didn't really pay attention, but I hadn't re-added Arisu, Tamaki, and Akane back to the party. On our way to the next group of orcs, Arisu killed an orc.

Results: Arisu5Arisu level 4 to 5: Spear Rank 3, Physical Rank 1, Movement Rank 1, Healing magic Rank 2, Remaining SP: 1 to 3 (no bonus) leveled up and didn't receive the bonus skill point.

I didn't even know that Arisu had just came back from the white room, but after she killed that orc she went up to me and started to punch me.

"Wah, what?!"

"You fucker! You didn't give me the bonus!"

"Bitch! You keep hitting me!"

I was hit a few more times in the face.

"I didn't do shit! I've had enough, fuck you!"

She finished the round of beating with a kick to my stomach. She then turned to pick up her spear. I had commanded my wolf to me, so I could run away. I latched onto his back while I casted Haste, Physical up, and Mighty arm spells on the wolf.


"Kazu! Take me with you!"

I tried to run after, but Tamaki had grabbed my arm. He didn't hear me.

"Why are you stopping me?"

"Uhm, Arisu, she isn't normally like this, there must be a reason for all this."

"You don't understand! I finally got Kazu to trust me! I have been watching him closely since yesterday!"

Arisu comments at this point, "This just shows you are being tricked."

I yelled in frustration, "I have been watching him. Even when he brought up his loyalty, he was adamant about being interested in red gems! He was unwilling to even trust us with his goals! And because of your jealousy you release your frustration on him!"

"He's at fault! I was 1 XP away from leveling up, and he kicked me out of the party! He wanted to punish me and manipulate me!"

"He's been dazed and not really thinking ever since you slapped him! You talk about him wanting to punish you, but he didn't react strangely when you killed that orc. You just started to beat him and he ran away!"

I started to cry, "He's not going to come back, I wouldn't come back."


Yukariko-san and her party eventually finds us. She looks at our party in confusion.

She asks me, "Where is Kaya-dono?"

I explain, "After everyone was now level 1 or higher, Arisu-san killed an orc and leveled up, however, she wasn't in the party and didn't get the extra skill point. I believe she felt that this was a punishment from Kaya-san, blamed him, and started to beat him up. When she turned around to grab her spear, he ran away. Akane-san wanted to chase after him, but Tamaki-san stopped her. Akane-san had a mental breakdown, talking about how she has been watching, observing, and judging Kaya-san since yesterday and believes he is innocent, but now believes that she has lost that trust now, hence the mental breakdown."

"Ah, fuck." Yukariko-san just shook her head, "I had a feeling something like this could happen. You might not know, but Kaya Kazuhisa has been bullied for a number of months now. I'll be honest, I am surprised he never committed suicide. He talked about digging deep holes for a trap yesterday that killed his first orc. I assume that trap wasn't built for an orc, but a human. Why would he coincidentally have gasoline with him with a hole likely lined with bamboo spikes and spears? I have seen him brought into class, naked, beaten some more, and the teacher, she ignored and had pretended nothing was going on. I remember hearing her trying to cheer him up later, 'There is always light at the end of the tunnel' I never liked the hypocrite teachers in this facility, but we are all here for different reasons. It's a school backed by the government designed for misfits and troubled teens for a reason. So Akane-san's concern about losing his trust is very likely in my opinion, just based on what I know of his character. If anything, his resolve to help our group for red gems was a blessing for us, because if you were not in the Hospitality department, but instead the Healthcare department, I would guarantee he would look at you indifferently, even if you were dying in front of him."


I started to heal my body. I don't think there is anything serious, but just in case there is internal damage or stress I can't feel or see. I had all my golems converge towards me. However, I soon realize that they were all taken out and eliminated. I had a raven and a wolf left as my summons. Arisu, that cold bitch, took out my raven and six golems. I had 12/39 Mana.

I summoned three more ravens, ordering them to scout the area. I had to be careful of both humans and monsters. I obviously am searching for monsters and orcs. Even with only one wolf, I am confident in defeating a single orc. I summoned myself a long sword and then casted keen weapon on the wolf and likewise on my sword. I found the direction of two orcs. It was 3 minutes away. I summoned a second wolf, but I wouldn't be able to cast a few augmentation spells on it yet. I waited 10 minutes then casted keen weapon, physical up, mighty arm, haste, and even blood attraction on the second wolf. I then added blood attraction to the first wolf. I started to walk towards the two orcs with the two wolves. When the orcs were within sight, I casted blood attraction on myself too. It's expensive for the low amount of recovery it provides in the short term, but it's definitely cost effective for the offensive wolves compared to the golems I previously used that were primarily used for defensive purposes. Me and the first wolf were able to overpower the first orc while the second wolf sustained a little damage, but overall we defeated both orcs. I gathered both red gems and then lightly healed the second wolf with a single cast of heal. I found another direction with two more orcs. I started to march towards them. We finished off the second set of two orcs, but the second wolf had sustained even more damage. I casted a single heal again, but this time this wolf would team with me.

I had saved enough mana to summon a third wolf. This time we would fight a single lone orc. This continued for some time. I would eventually decide for 2 ravens to suicide out of the initial 4 to save some max mana and have 5 wolves following me. It was around 10:52 when I managed to finally level up.

Results: Kazuhisa6Kazuhisa level 5 to 6: Summoning Magic Rank 5 to 6, Support Magic Rank 4, Healing magic Rank 2, Remaining SP: 2 to 8 to 2 leveled up.

With 13/13 (60) Mana, I knew I needed to make some changes. I summoned a new wolf and two more ravens. The new raven being 16.6% stronger from 300% base to 350% base and the wolf being 25% stronger from 200% to 250% base stats. I searched for the next group of orcs. I fought a group of 9 orcs this time, allowing the old ravens and some of the wolves to fight to the death. I had three wolves left after I allowed two of the seriously injured wolves to be deported and unsummoned after. I eventually replace one of the wolves with the new variants and the other one had died and I instead summoned a griffon. I was thinking to try out the iron golem, but I need offensive power. The griffon was barely able to keep up with the two wolves, but was much better as a mount in general. I had 4/4 (60) Mana. I fought a group of 6 orcs, and the griffon, while it didn't dispatch the orcs as well as four wolves would have, it didn't have any issues fighting four orcs at the same time. I think that the iron golem would have been better at combat than the griffon, but obviously, the griffon is a great mount. After the fight, I decide to replace the Griffon with four wolves. However, at rank 7, the griffon would obviously be much superior to four grey wolves with it receiving a 50% improvement while the wolves would only receive a 20% improvement. However, the number advantage of the wolves would still be good in group battles.

I arrive at the outskirts of the female dormitory for the Hospitality department. In the outskirts I find a lone girl.

I approach her with my wolves, "Yo."

She is clearly shaken, but relaxes when she hears my voice, "Hello. Uhm."

I interrupt her, "So what's the status of the female dormitory? Has it also been overrun with orcs?"

She timidly nods, "Yeah, my name is"

"Yeah I don't care, I am looking for orcs to kill, do you know if there are any special orcs or strange monsters in the female dormitory?"

She nods, "Yeah, I saw a strange bronze orc and his pet wolf. I think his wolf was only slightly smaller than your wolves in size."

"Do you know how many orcs or survivors are in the dorm?"

She asks with stars in her eyes, "Hey, hey, hey, are you a hero?"

I shake my head, "No way in hell I'd go out of my way to help someone."

"What? Hey, why not? You could become a hero by helping others, you would be powerful and respected! Becoming famous and important would be very easy!"

"Are you dumb? Why would I want any of those things?"

"Everyone wants to become important or famous!"

"Well, I don't care. I only do things for compensation! If I don't get a reward I will watch your house burn."

"Mah, you are such a Debbie Downer!" (A/N: You can partially beep this out in the movie/anime/live action)

"Uhm, I am fairly certain you can't say that! That's a trademarked character and we don't own that intellectual property!"

"Ah, anyways, I have an idea! I have a reward that I can give you, it's time to rescue all the girls in the dormitory!"

"This is where I realize you are unable to distinguish between reality and fiction? So, what's this reward anyways?"

"It's a kiss of a maiden!"

"And where is this maiden?"

"ME!"

"Well, I guess elementary school students can count themselves as a maiden"

"You fucker! I am just vertically challenged! I am 18 years old, and based on your virgin face, I should be older than you! You need to respect your seniors, I have been in the Hospitality department for 2 years so far, this is my third year!"

"Okay, sorry sorry. Didn't know it was such a touchy subject. Still doesn't change my opinion though."

"Why not? Am I not pretty enough for you?!"

"Nah, I don't want that, maybe we can work something else out, haha."

"Oh, you just want sex then?"

"Well, that's not off the table, but I was thinking of something else entirely. Let me tell you a story. So, I found this girl about to be raped by this orc, I thought about just watching the orc just rape the girl"

She was fairly teary eyed, "You are such an asshole! You would watch her get raped?"

I argued, "That's right, why should I rescue her?"

She didn't like that answer, "What's wrong with you!"

I got tired of this, "Hey, listen to the full story, before you judge me! So, anyways, I made eye contact with the girl so I decided to go ahead and kill the orc. I would feel bad otherwise. I made a deal with the girl, I would level her up, and as long as she stayed loyal she would get an extra skill point every level up for just being in my party. To test out getting the skill point at level 1, you have to be in a party, but you can't be in a party at level 0, so I had her imagine, 'be one of my wives' right when she was leveling up to level 1. She had gained that extra skill point at level 1, by joining my party right at level up. We decide to attack the Cultivation Center to rescue Arisu's friend Tamaki. In the end we killed all the orcs, saved her friend with 9 other women. So I knew she wanted to sleep with her best friend Tamaki, so I just went to bed. I woke up with another girl with me and she found out and was jealous, giving me the stink eye."

She nodded, "I would also be mad at you!"

I continued while looking into space, "After we had literally just leveled up the other 10 girls, I noticed Arisu's mood was worsening, so I decided to try to make up with her giving a kiss on her cheek, but she freaked out that I was in her personal space, and she slapped me silly. She had already leveled up her physical strength and her hits hurt. I was in a bad mood and not really paying attention to anything. She then leveled up when she wasn't in the party after everyone else had leveled up, and thought I was punishing her or something, because she didn't get that extra skill point at level up. She wanted to murder me and I ran away."

She didn't look pleased, "Still an asshole."

I made eye contact, "So, if I level you up, would you later go crazy, because you missed a single opportunity? Will you submit to my goals? If you want to play hero, I don't care, but you need to be my unconditional ally!"

She went into a daze, "What, submissive? Will I have to wear a collar then?"

I was confused for a moment, "Uhm, yes, most definitely. So do you have a BDSM fetish or do you prefer maids?"

She started to blush, "Wha, wait what?"

"So, are you interested in being tied up and humiliated?"

"No!"

"Hmm, we can stick with a combat maid then"

"That's not much better! Am I the straight man in this Tsukkomi act of yours?"

"I only said to submit, but YOU are the one who brought up wanting to be my submissive pet with a collar. Okay, so we'll talk about turning you into a pet another day then. I'll keep it simple and serious then; you will become a hero, get the imaginary collar, we will rescue everyone still living in the dormitory, and I will increase your level and power so we can accomplish your desires. I will help you in this momentous task before us! Are you ready?!?"

She was fidgeting, "Uhm, okay."

"No! I need you to want to do this! You said you wanted to be a hero, are you willing to do anything to become that hero?"

With a blush, "Okay! I, uhm, can do anything!"

"Good, time freezes in the white room, you don't need to know what that means. Uhm, okay. So I will knock down an orc, you need to pierce it's face with a sword I will give you. When you are killing this orc, you need to imagine being mine. Only my ally, like I am the leader of a party of troops."

"Like an RPG game?"

"Yes, a role playing game. You only listen to me. Can you imagine this when you kill an orc?"

"Uhm, okay."

I found 3 orcs in the distance. I quickly had the orcs held down by my gray wolves.

"I never asked your name."

"Uh, Tagami Miya."

"Well, Tagami Miya, I will call you Mia from now on. Can you turn around for a second?"

Using the rank 5 spell to summon armor, I acquired a pet collar with a plate labeled 'Mia' on it.

While showing the collar to Mia, "Take a look, it even has your name on it." I then placed it around her neck.

When she started to blush heavily I just continued at my own pace, "Awesome, Mia you look perfect. So Mia, first you need to kill this orc, but please remember when killing this orc, you belong to me."

I had also silently casted the support magic spell Mighty arm for her while she dazedly started to walk towards the first orc.

Next thing I know, I am inside the white room with her.

Author Note: I used a name generator for the OC names, it was complete chance that Shiki-san and Kishi-san are captain and vice-captain of Team B. Now that I see it, I have to keep it.

Spoiler

8/31/2023 - font/style edits (bold)
9/13/2023 -- I was going to remove the mention of orc's pet wolf, as that was actually meant for the next building in the upcoming days, but decided that I would leave it in, but instead change the description of the wolf to not include the red color (fire attribute) and it would instead be a regular wolf, albeit larger than the standard size. In the original script/plan I shouldn't have had a wolf mentioned, as this orc was going to be a swordsman orc again, but now... it'll be a tamer orc in the next chapter... This could also be a hint to archer and mage type orcs in the future, hint hint.
9/25/2023 - footnote styling from Ch 13 retroactively made me edit old chapters to match Results and level up. I also fixed the author note.

[collapse]
2