Chapter 11: Goblins? Hold my Beer
625 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the rays of sunlight reached into my room I opened my eyes, a bright smile on my face.

Since today is the day.

The day I will finally dive into the dungeon for the very first time.

After all the preparation it's finally time to pop my cherry.

No, wait that came out wrong.

What I mean is, now its time for me to finally begin having my own adventures.

Getting out of my head I went to take care of morning business.

I then put on the light armor I bought yesterday. Standing in front of the mirror I examined myself to make sure everything is in place.

It is.

Which means I am set.

Once I was dressed I headed downstairs for breakfast, finding Millhoire already there.

Turning towards me she smiled. "Good morning Morax."

"Good morning Milli." I said. Sitting down at the table as I did so. "So, looks like you really do wake up early when important matter happen huh. Since usually you are still asleep right now." I said. A small smirk on my face as I did so.

"Hehehe." Millhoire lightly chuckled, a small blush appearing on her face as she did.

"Bullying Milli so early in the morning, are you perhaps a sadist Morax?" Leonmitchelli asked me as she sat down at the table.

"No, I am not." I told her.

Well actually I'm not sure.

I mean, do I get excited imagining Ryuu in bed with me showing me a messed up face from the immense amount of pleasure I give her, as opposed to her usually cold and stoic expression.

Yes, I do.

But does that make me a sadist?

I don't know, since I would also be a little happy if Ryuu were to step on me with a cold look in her eyes or use me as furniture, since that means her ass would be on my body.

And since I am an ass man I would really enjoy that.

So again, not sure if I am a sadist but I am definitely not a masochist.

Since the only girl I would ever let sit on me or step on me is Ryuu.

Which might happen one day.

One day...

"Hey, Morax?"

Getting out of my own head I looked at Leonmitchelli. "Yes, sorry."

"You ok?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"

"You just had this super weird smile on your face." Leonmitchelli pointed out.

'Damn.' I thought. I need to work on keeping my expressions in check. "Oh no, I'm fine. Really. So anyway who is going into the dungeon today?" I asked.

Changing the subject.

But I also really want to know. Since we can't leave Athena alone. Not with Evilus running around.

Those guys will kill both adventurers and Gods without any hesitation.

As such we can't leave our goddess undefended, lest we lose her blessing while in the dungeon and get slaughtered like animals.

"It will be you, Ryner, Millhoire and Gaul. I'll remain behind today to watch over Athena." Leonmitchelli told me.

At her words I nodded.

We then got off the serious topic and stared talking about general things.

Until eventually the others came down and joined us for breakfast as well.

Which is really good. Millhoire really can cook.

Our meal ended on a good note.

Then once it was over the four of us going to the dungeon geared up.

Once everyone was ready, we left the home.

Heading straight for Babel.

Me with a grin plastered on my face the entire time.

---------------------------

Reaching Babel Tower we walked through the entrance.

But this time we didn't head to the elevators.

Instead we headed towards the descending spiral staircase which led into the Dungeon.

As the four of us walked down it we were surrounded by many other adventurers. Though not as many as I saw during that one shot of the staircase in the anime.

But it makes sense why.

Until Evilus is stomped out, or at least force to go into hiding not too many people will become adventurers I suppose, and those that are need to play it safe otherwise they'll get killed easily.

As I thought about such things I didn't realize we reached the end of the staircase until Ryner tapped me on the shoulder.

"Huh." I said.

"We're here." Ryner told me. "We're getting ready to enter the first floor." He said. Giving me a questioning look as he did so. "Morax you ok, you've seem out of t this whole morning?"

"No, I am fine. Just thinking about a lot of stuff since we are entering the dungeon today and all." I told him.

"Ok." Ryner said. "Just don't let your guard down."

"Believe me, I won't." I told him.

I then slapped my face with my hands lightly a couple of times. Once I did that I took my spear off the holster in my back and focused all my thoughts on the present, and not on anything else.

Since I will not die in the dungeon, no matter what.

I'll make it my bitch instead.

"Ok, let's go." I said.

"Right. Follow me." Gaul said. A grin on his face.

Unlike his sister his equipment consists of metal greaves and gauntlets making him a close-range fighter.

He took the lead and the rest of us followed behind him.

Entering the first floor I immediately noticed the change of terrain.

The walls are light-blue colored just as described in the light novel and depicted in the anime. It all looks really pretty, but I know this beauty is hiding death.

Though I suppose that's just how the dungeon is.

Beautiful and deadly at the same time.

The four of us continued on the path, my eyes darting around everywhere never staying in one place too long. Since I know that monsters can spawn and appear from anywhere in here. The walls, the floor, and the ceiling.

Get relaxed for even a moment and its game over.

We traversed further down the path, nothing out of the ordinary.

Then in a second that all changed.

Both walls cracked open, and when they did several tiny green monsters with red eyes came out of them and landed in front of us. Turning their attention to us as soon as they did so.

"Goblins." Gaul said.

He is right, the monsters in front of us are goblins. So it's time to get slaying.

"I got this." I said.

Gaul nodded and stepped out of the way.

Once he did so I charged forward.

Getting within range of the goblins I stabbed my spear forward, turning several of them into a kebab with ease.

A moment after I did so they turned into black smoke and their magic stones dropped onto the ground.

Not like that I killed their friends the other goblins moved to attack me.

Pulling my spear back I swept it out in an arc, using the tip to slice down the goblins before they could reach me.

Clumsily I will add.

Since I have never used a weapon like this in either of my lives.

But I will learn to do so.

My attacks landed, killing the goblins in front of me. There magic stones hitting the ground.

In no time at all I finished them off.

"Nice job Morax." Gaul told me.

"Thanks." I told him. A smile on my face as I did so. I then moved to collect the magic stones.

Only for the ceiling to open up right above me, several goblins appearing.

'Shit!' I thought. From the angle they are coming I can't use my spear to kill them.

{What I seek is thunder, Izuchi!}

I heard Ryner yell out. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a magic circle appear in the air before his hands and several lighting bolts blast out of it immediately afterwards.

Those bolts struck the goblins seconds before they reached me and killed them instantly.

Some magic stones dropping onto the ground afterwards.

"Thanks Ryner." I said. That was too close.

"No problem. That's what friends are for." He said.

"Yes, right." Millhoire said.

Gaul nodded in agreement as well.

As did I.

I then immediately went back to the task at hand.

Collecting the magic stones.

Once I did that we continued onwards, more goblins appearing as we did so.

Too bad for them, today they are facing the goblin slayer.

Charging forward with the others I killed them, getting my first taste of the dungeon.

Having no idea what trials awaited me in the future.

15