Chapter 37: Post Expedition
327 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stepping out of Babel Tower I felt the sun on my face in what felt like the first time in forever.

Even though it's only been two weeks.

Dungeon diving really messes with your sense of time.

I'll have to be wary about that in the future when the others and I go on even more expeditions and dive even deeper into the dungeon.

But that will come later.

Right now I just want to return home, get a shower, and then get a good sleep in a real bed.

As I thought about my plans I noticed Shakti approaching us out of the corner of my eye.

We decided to make our way up from the eighteenth floor with her and her group, just in case we ran into Evilus members along the way.

We didn't thankfully.

And we also didn't run into the Goliath because on their way down Shakti and her group killed it.

Yet another reason I decided to ask them to train us. An alliance with them in the future wouldn't be so bad. Even if Shakti doesn't become my woman.

Though I am definitely going to give my all to make sure she does.

Arriving in front of us Shakti slightly bowed her head again before raising it. "Once again, thank you for saving Ardi. You have my thanks." She said.

"Again Shakti it's no problem." I told her.

"Ok then. Goodbye." Shakti said.

She then walked back over to Ardi and the other Ganesha familia members.

As she did we started making our way towards home.

-----------------------------

Arriving in front of our home we saw Kaguya and Neze standing outside. Their gazes moving across the immediate area, looking for any potential threats.

But as soon as their gazes landed on us we they walked over.

"Welcome back." Neze said.

"Thanks." Leonmitchelli responded.

"So, how was your first time exploring the middle floors?" Kaguya asked. "Everything you expected?"

"Yes, and no." I said. Which caused Kaguya to raise a brow at me. "I'll explain things later. Anyway, did anything happen while we were gone?"

Kaguya shook her head. "No, nothing at all. Not to your home, Athena, or even in the city itself." She explained.

"Right." I told her, nodding as I did so. "Well again, thanks. Also when you guys get ready to go on an expedition let us know. Then we will watch over Stardust Manor just like you watched over our home while we were gone."

Since our two familia are allies it's only right we show the Astraea familia the same courtesy and kindness they have shown us.

Kaguya nodded. "Understood. Morax. I will tell Alise and Astraea your message. Bye then." She said.

Kaguya and Neze then turned and stared walking away. As they did so Reina opened up the front door.

When she did Rogue went up to her and wrapped her in a hug. "Hi mom, we're back." He said. Reina reciprocating the hug.

This lasted for a few seconds before they split apart and we all entered, closing the door behind us as we did so.

As soon as we were inside Athena stood up from the couch she was sitting on and smiled at us. "Welcome back my children."

"Thank you goddess." We all said in unison.

"So, did the expedition go well?" Athena asked.

"About that." I said, moving closer to Athena. "If its not too much trouble we can go to your room and discuss things there?" I asked her.

Since the conversation I need to have with Athena is of a serious nature, and I would rather do it in a place where we won't be interrupted.

I also don't want Reina to hear anything we are going to discuss. She's not an adventurer but a normal woman, who is kind. She doesn't need to hear any of the bloody details of our report, lest is make her worry for Rogue's safety even more than we all know she already does.

Hearing my question Athena simply nodded.

Once she did so we started heading up to her room. While the others began having a meeting of their own.

Namely sorting out all the magic stones and drop items we collected during our two weeks in the dungeon.

Which is quite a bit.

However all that money won't go in our personal pockets.

Since running a familia is just like running a business. We have to pay fees to the guild. Not to mention deduct cost for weapons and armor repair, potions, food, and other supplies.

Yeah, Danmachi isn't all adventuring and fighting. Normal aspects of life still go on here. The only difference is in this world there is magic, elves, dwarves, and a bunch of other things.

Eh, it is what it is.

Getting to Athena's room I closed the door. I then took of my salamander cloak and placed it on the chair I was using, while also leaning my spear against the wall.

Once I did this and sat down I immediately began going over the details of the expedition with Athena. Including everything about Ardi and our deal to receive training from Shakti and the Ganesha familia.

Overall it took me 30 minutes to explain.

As I finished I leaned back in the chair and released a heavy sigh.

'Man, that was a mouthful.' I thought.

But as I talked Athena didn't interrupt me at all. She simply listened to all I had to say.

"I see." She said. "Well I am glad you all are alright. Also, getting training from the Ganesha familia wasn't a bad call to make. I must say Morax, you are doing very well in your job as captain." Athena said. A smile appearing on her face as she did so.

"Thank you goddess." I told her. "So, is there anything else you require from me?"

"Not at the moment." Athena said. "So you can go ahead and take a rest. You deserve it."

"Thank you." I said. "But before I do, mind checking my status?"

"But of course." Athena said.

As soon as she did so I removed my armor and shirt and then turned around in the chair, my back facing Athena. A moment after I did so I felt something touch my back and then a faint glow appeared out of the corner of my eyes.

Then after another minute or so it faded, Athena handing me a sheet of paper afterwards with my new status.

I looked at it immediately.

---------------------------------------

Name: Morax Lapis

Level: Two

Strength: G268>G298

Endurance: G244>G269

Dexterity: G226>G245

Agility: G271>F300

Magic: F303>F326

Magic:

Geo Force: Allows the user to create and manipulate earth constructs such as weapons. The more complex the constructs are the faster Mind is drained.

Chant: Ground and soil, heed my command and come forth!

Slot 2: ?

Slot 3: ?

Skills:

Geo Archon: Increases the effect and power of any earth-based magic. It also doubles the user's strength and agility stats anytime they are in combat within rocky terrain. This allows one to be able to sense people within a 50 meter radius upon rocky terrain, but only if they are part of one's familia.

Gaia's Embrace: When inside of rocky terrain the user's mind and physical stamina is actively but slowly restored faster than normal.

Developmental Abilities:

Hunter: Rank I

---------------------------------------

"Yes." I silent cheered, looking at my new status.

My agility has finally reached rank F, and it looks like my strength is almost there as well. My other stats also look good.

After I finished examining my status sheet I handed it to Athena who quickly disposed of it.

I then got re-dressed and headed straight for my room.

Where I then stripped down my birthday suit and jumped into the shower.

A smile on my face as the hot water washed all the dirt and grime from the dungeon off of me.

Feels good.

6