Chapter 45: Dragon vs Titan
363 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd Person: POV)

In Dragon form Morax stared at the Goliath.

While the monster rex did the same in turn to him.

Neither of them moved a muscle, instead they just kept staring at each other. A defining silence filling the cavern.

Until a small wind howled through it.

The moment this happened the battle began.

Taking a step forward the Goliath closed the distance to Morax and delivered a punch to his face.

When this happened he skidded back slightly but otherwise held his ground.

Getting his bearings Morax lashed out with his tail, and slammed it into the Goliath's chest, sending the monster rex flying back into the wall, creating a small crater as it did so.

As soon as this happened Morax took a moment to breathe.

After all, this is the first time he has ever transformed into a dragon and he's still not used to the body he has at the moment.

Despite this, he's not going to stop until the Goliath is ground to dust.

As soon as Morax collected himself he charged forward, just the Goliath pulled itself out of the wall and did the same.

Reaching each other the two became entangled and started an all out brawl.

As this happened the other member of the Athena familia could only look on in utter wonder.

Completely speechless.

Ignoring the pain all over her body, but especially in her broken left leg, Ryuu pulled herself out of the crater she created in the wall when she slammed into it.

As she did so her gaze focused on the battle between the Goliath and Morax.

"What?" Ryuu questioned.

Since she didn't see Morax transform.

At least not clearly.

The impact into the wall has given her a slight concussion, so the last few moments are a bit blurry.

As Ryuu continued to gaze at the battle in front of her, she suddenly coughed up a mouthful of blood and fell onto the ground.

But after she did so Gaul and Millhiore reached her.

"Ryuu!" They both shouted in unison, their voices filled with worry.

Reaching their elven companion Millhiore took out an Elixir and immediately opened it. She then pulled down Ryuu's mask and helped her drink it.

A few seconds after Ryuu drank the Elixir the effects started to take place.

"Thank you." Ryuu said. Feeling her strength return as she did so.

"No problem Ryuu." Millhiore said.

"Yes, no worries. We'll always have your back." Gaul said.

As Ryuu heard this she put a soft smile on her face.

"Raww!!!"

But her smile disappeared a moment later when she heard the Goliath cry out in agony.

Turning her head in the direction the monster rex Ryuu saw gash marks all over its body.

All of them courtesy of Morax's set of front claws.

He is slowly but surely getting the hang of his new form.

"A dragon." Ryuu said.

"Actually that's Morax." Millhiore informed Ryuu.

When this happened Ryuu immediately looked toward's Millhiore for confirmation once more.

She nodded her head.

As did Gaul.

Seeing this Ryuu knew they were not lying to her.

The dragon fighting the Goliath is Morax.

Now the question she has is, how?

Swinging his left fist the Goliath landed a punch in Morax's gut.

He seethed in pain but stood his ground.

Taking his tail he wrapped it around the Goliath's left leg and then pulled.

Tripping the monster rex up.

As soon as this happened Morax went to work using his claws to tear into the beast in front of him. Ripping off chunks of flesh with each strike, he did his best to cause as much damage as possible.

Not only to finish off the Goliath, but also because he is running out of time.

Morax can feel it.

His transformation is coming close to an end.

So that means he needs to end the battle before it does.

Taking all of Morax's claw attacks the Goliath got angrier and angrier.

Until finally it launched a punch and hit Morax in the face.

Once this happened the monster rex delivered several more punches in quick succession.

Due to this Morax's grip on the monsters leg loosened.

The moment this happened the Goliath jumped to its feet and then grabbed Morax with both its hands. It then picked him up and threw him into a nearby wall.

"Morax!" His fellow familia members shouted just as he crashed into the wall.

'Fuck.' Morax thought.

Although the amount of damage he can take has been greatly reduced thanks to his dragonification, as he calls it, getting thrown into a wall is never fun.

Picking himself up Morax saw the Goliath charging at him.

When he did he immediately moved out of the way, and then raked his tail across the monsters back, opening up a huge gash.

As the Goliath cried out in pain and fell to is knees Morax moved closer and then bit into its neck, going for where the jugular vein would be on a human body.

Digging his claw into the Goliath deeper Morax sunk his fangs into its neck, and when he felt they were deep enough pulled.

Ripping out a large chunk of the monster rex's neck as he did so.

Which was the finishing blow.

The Goliath fell forward and stopped moving.

A few moments after it did so Morax climbed off its back, and then shortly afterwards it dissolved into particles of light.

Leaving being not only its massive magic stone, but also its drop item.

The Goliath Tooth.

Seeing this Morax smiled.

They had done it, he and his familia had defeated their first true monster rex.

And it was a team effort in Morax's eyes, despite his sudden transformation giving them a much needed edge.

The battle over Morax and several other members of the familia felt a massive surge of excelia throughout their bodies.

Signaling to them that they had once again leveled up. Despite not having their statuses updated.

It is just a feeling they are getting.

Morax smiled brighter upon feeling this.

He was getting to congratulate the others when he realized he was still in his new dragon form.

Remembering he thought of a way to change back to normal.

As Morax did this he pictured his human form and then suddenly his body transformed back into it.

"So I guess its that easy huh?" Morax mused. "Good too know." He said.

Now back in human form Morax turned to his friends and fellow familia members and got ready to tell them job well done.

But as soon as he did so he suddenly felt all the energy leave his body.

Falling towards the ground Morax's vision began turning black.

'Damn, guess that transformation didn't come without a toll after all.' Morax thought.

Right after he did so he blacked out.

7