Chapter 50: A Step Forward in Many Directions
406 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Morax: POV)

Entering the Owl House with the other guys we moved to place the money we got from the guild in a secure room in the house.

Banks don't seem to be a thing here.

So familia generally turn one room in their stronghold into their own personal bank vault.

Which is what we did as well.

Once the cash was secure we all decided to relax until the girls came back.

By playing cards.

Even Gaul got into it.

Getting him out of his depressive state.

Having fun the time passed by before we knew it.

Finishing up another game of blackjack we heard the front door opening.

"We're back." Leonmitchelli said.

As she did so the girls walked in one-by-one their arms filled with bags.

Seeing this we decided to help them.

But as we did so my brain froze and the blue exe. screen appeared in my mind.

Why?

Because Ryuu is wearing a dress.

Never before I have seen her in a dress.

She looks amazing.

So yeah, I ended up stuck in place.

But thankfully it only lasted a moment before I rebooted.

Once I did so I finished helping the others put things away.

As soon as we did Reina went to go clean and the rest of us converged in the living room to have one of our post-expedition meetings.

"Ok, so all the money we got from the expedition this time came out to two billion valis." I told the ladies.

"Ah, just think of all the books I can buy." Echidna said.

"I want a new sword." Leonmitchelli said.

"Yes, yes. We will get all that." I said. "But first, here is how we're going to divide the funds. 500,000 will be placed in the general familia fund. The rest will be used to buy new equipment, dividing out the personal funds for everyone of course. Then what's left will go into the general familia fund as well. Any objections?"

No one spoke.

"Alright then. Next order of business. What to do with the Goliath tooth." I said.

The drop item of a normal Goliath. Its durability is rather incredible and is great for making armors and weapons. Which is why we haven't tried to sell it yet.

When I brought up the tooth everyone looked at me.

"Well while you were recovering during our time on the eighteenth floor we all talked about it and decided you should get the tooth." Leonmitchelli told me.

"And we won't take no for an answer." Ryner saidm

"Yeah, after all you did most of the work in defeating the Goliath. So you should have it." Diluc spoke.

"Exactly." William added.

"Take it." Ryuu said.

"Morax, please put it to good use." Millhiore spoke.

Gaul gave me a thumbs up.

Well since everyone wants to have it I'll accept.

"Ok then. I'll accept the tooth." I said. "And since I have please start trying to find some mithril at a good price guys?"

"Oh, so you have already put some thought into what you want from the tooth?"

I nodded.

It's time to get myself a proper weapon.

The. durability of the Goliath tooth combined with the magical conducting properties of Mithril will be quite devastating.

"Ok, next order of business." I said.

"Actually I don't there is anything pressing we need to discuss." Leonmitchelli spoke up.

Everyone else nodded in agreement.

"Well then, meeting adjourned." Athena said.

When she did so we all split up.

I headed to my room, and as I did so Ryuu followed me.

Stopping outside my door I turned to face her. "Yes, Ryuu?"

"Am, sorry." She softly said.

"For what?" I asked her.

"Avoiding you." Ryuu said.

"It's fine." I said.

"But it's not." Ryuu objected. "You are always nothing but nice to me. Yet ever since we met I've constantly done things too obstruct your kindness."

"As I said Ryuu, it's fine." I told her once more. "We're people. And people make mistakes. But that too is a part of life. Everyone has their own worries and insecurities, even me. But working through said issues allows people to gain new experiences. I understand your are going through things. But I am your friend, so know that even if you stumble I will never abandon you." I explained.

And I mean it.

I don't abandon friends unless certain circumstances happen.

"Ah, ok. Thank you." Ryuu said.

"Don't mention it." I told her. Smiling as I did so.

Seeing this Ryuu put a smile upon her face.

The moment I saw this a warm feeling flooded my chest and I felt my body heat up.

"Well then, good talk. See you later." I said.

I then entered my room and released a sigh.

"That was close."

Seeing Ryuu smile and her in that dress made me want to kiss her.

But it's still too early for that.

Though in one more year it won't be.

Due to my mental age I don't feel comfortable dating until I am at least fourteen.

Call me pathetic if you want I don't care. That's a rule I won't break.

But once my fourteenth birthday passes the gloves will come off and all the girls I have my eye on will fall into my hands.

Without a doubt.

Putting a smile on my face I went to lie down on my bed.

Happy things between Ryuu and I are back to normal.

--------------------------

Sitting across from Leonmitchelli I held a quill pen in my hand and attended to bane of any leader in any world.

Paperwork.

Although we are not a large familia we still have paperwork to attend to.

And by us I mean me, Leonmitchelli and Athena since we are the leaders.

Finishing up one of my last documents for the day I put it into the completed stack in the middle of the table and stretched my arms into the air.

Looking out the window as I did so.

"Looks like a nice day." I said.

"Yeah, and the sooner we finish this torture known as paperwork the sooner we can go enjoy it." Leonmitchelli said.

"True." I said.

I then picked up another document and got ready to start working on it, only for Athena to enter the room.

Which is my office by the way.

Yeah, I have one of those. Being the captain does seem to have it's perks.

"Oh hello Athena." I said. "What's up?" I asked her.

"A letter from the guild." She said.

The moment she did so Leonmitchelli and I both got serious. Wondering just what the guild wanted from us.

Moving over to the table Athena opened the envelope and pulled out the letter for all three of us to see.

As we read it I couldn't believe the contents.

Apparently the Athena Familia is now being classified as a D-rank exploration type familia.

We also have a direct quest from the guild.

Our job, retrieve materials from the 19-24th floors.

Also known as the Large Tree Labyrinth.

Looks like we just took a huge leap forward in many directions.

Well I say bring it on.

11