Chapter 50
112 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join my discord!

https://discord.gg/YJtFhzqs

If you are interested in supporting me and reading the chapters in advance, here is my p@treon!

[email protected]/TheJiujitsuGuy

I hope you enjoy the reading!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

___________Narration___________

The moment Yuji opened his eyes, he stood up slowly, his body aching from his injuries. Feeling his mouth dry, he looked around for water, only to remember the place he was in.

When the previous events came to his mind, his eyes widened, he immediately looked around for Kou, only to realize that he was lying on the little girl's bed.

'What? I remember I passed out on the floor... Did she carry me to your bed?' He wondered, a complicated expression on his face. 'Damn... If I had used [Advance], my condition would be much better.'

Analyzing the wounds on his body, he realized that most of them had healed, except for the most serious ones, such as his nose, which was still recovering. His head wasn't much better either, considering that he still felt rays of pain, but his vision was no longer blurred.

He also noticed some cloths tied to the deepest cuts on his body, which caused him to stare at them for a few seconds, wondering if this was Kou's work.

'Where is this little girl?' Yuji looked around again, searching for any sign of the girl.

"You're awake!" Suddenly, a female voice came from the pharmacy entrance.

Yuji turned his attention back to the source of the voice, his eyes landing on a Kou standing in the doorway, with no sign of injury except for the purple mark on her neck, this making him frown as he remembered the man who was hanging her.

In an instant, the little girl approached him, she knelt on the ground in front of him, taking Yuji by surprise.

'What is she doing?'

"Thank you for saving Kou! Forgive Kou for causing trouble for Yuji!" The girl lowered her head, startling the boy as she almost hit her forehead on the ground.

He let out a sigh of relief, a gentle smile appearing on his lips as he looked at the girl's condition. Her body was trembling, and he could feel the fear and sadness emanating from her body, which made his eyes fill with sympathy. For a child to act this way with someone she barely knew, her past must not have been pleasant. This made his hatred for that place, but especially for the Japanese government  , increase even more, since they were the ones who allowed a place like that to exist. He could only imagine what had happened to Kou, and it made his anger rise even higher, quickly controlling it before he was unable to contain it.

"You don't have to apologize, it wasn't your fault. If anyone owes you an apology, it's me to you. Because of me, those bad men went after you." Yuji said with a gentle tone, putting his hand on her shoulder and lifting her face so that he could see it. With tears on her face, the girl faced Yuji, causing the boy to smile at her warmly. "But they will never hurt Kou again, so you don't have to worry anymore, okay?"

He said reassuringly. This caused Kou to immediately stop, his eyes gleaming hopefully as the blurry image of a figure overlapped Yuji's body, it hurtled toward the boy, who, caught by surprise, didn't react when he felt small arms around his body.

"Oh... It's okay." He stroked the girl's head, this making her arms tighten around his body even more.

This went on for a few minutes, until Yuji felt his mouth dry again, forcing him to break the embrace. It had been a long time since he had drunk water, and it was beginning to irritate him.

"Kou, do you know where I can find water around here?" he asked.

With a disappointed look on his face, Kou seemed to think about his question for a few seconds before nodding in agreement.

"Kou can take Yuji there." She spoke determinedly, indicating that this was not something Yuji could counter.

He cracked a playful smile when he realized this, he nodded to the girl.

"Well, lead the way."

.

.

.

After a few minutes of walking, with Yuji stopping a few times to beat up the slags of the place, taking the opportunity to steal their coins, the two arrived at the only place that provided water in the district.

The place was a well in the middle of a square, and as hard as it was to believe, the water was clean and clear, its appearance attractive enough to make Yuji lick his lips. After a trip, being thrown from a car, fighting psychopaths, losing blood and passing out, his body craved water and food, but the latter could be managed easily, the former, however, was not something he could ignore.

So he was itching to fill his stomach with water, hardly able to wait to quench his thirst.

As the two of them were approaching the well, Yuji's eyes immediately noticed some people scattered around the square, about five men standing around the well, arms crossed, as if refusing to let anyone approach.

"Please, we are dying of thirst! Let us drink at least some water." An elderly gentleman pleaded as he approached one of the men around the well, a blow to his face pushing his weak old body to the ground, a few teeth escaping from his mouth.

"Fuck you! You can die of thirst, you vermin! I don't care! Get lost!" The man who attacked shouted, disgust on his features as he looked at the old man on the ground.

Yuji frowned as he saw the situation. He had no patience for this, he just wanted to drink water, and considering the attitude of the men in front of him, breaking a few bones didn't seem like something unpleasant.

"Please! I need just a little water for my son! We've been 2 days without drinking!"

A female voice spoke with a desperate tone, a child who looked no more than two years old on her lap. He was surprised by this, because even with the malnourished state of her body, the woman was still carrying her child, even though it was clear that this was difficult for her, if her trembling arms were any indication.

The same man who attacked the old man, seeing the woman approaching, gritted his teeth, him advancing towards her while raising his arm, ready to hit her, completely disregarding the child on his lap.

"You whore! You think I care about you and your worm of a son? I told you to get lost!"

With a dangerous tone, the man spoke, his hand coming down quickly to strike the woman, who could only turn to defend her son.

Boom!

The man's body suddenly hit, his body flying for a few seconds, before he began to fall back to the ground. The eyes of all the people in the place widened, they quickly turned their attention to the previous spot where the man had been, only to see a Yuji with his leg raised, his brow furrowed, with a sneering smile on his lips.

"That son of a bitch was starting to get on my nerves."

The moment Yuji propped his foot on the ground, the man's body collided with the concrete, his neck breaking with the impact, causing him to choke on his own blood for a few seconds before the glow disappeared from his eyes.

The rest of the men around the pit entered on alert, their eyes fixed on Yuji as they adhered to combat postures.

"Uh? You guys want to join him?" Yuji seeing them preparing to take him down, snapped his fingers as he cracked an evil grin. "Very well. You guys will serve to improve my mood."

.

Seconds later, five lifeless bodies lay sprawled on the ground, Yuji pulling the rope from the well while Kou watched him in awe.

'Yuji is very strong!' Kou thought, her eyes glowing as she watched the boy finally pull out a bucket full of water and start drinking immediately, emptying the bucket in seconds.

"Shit! This is too good!" Yuji exclaimed, releasing the rope to fill the bucket again, pulling it out in an instant and leaving it propped up on the edge of the well. "What are you waiting for, Kou? Drink up!"

Yuji spoke with a playful tone as he noticed the girl staring at him in admiration, this brought her out of her thoughts as she nodded quickly and picked up the bucket with some difficulty, taking a few sips, before returning the bucket to the edge of the well.

With Yuji distracted, he didn't notice when some people approached the well, the people staring at him in fear after seeing him kill the five men with extreme ease. No one dared to speak to him, even though they saw him and Kou nonchalantly drinking water, with all the thirst they felt.

This lasted for a few seconds, until the woman from before, with her son in her arms, approached after gathering courage.

"Sir..." She called out to Yuji.

He, hearing a voice behind him, turned around with confusion, his eyes landing on the woman from before, who had a terrified look on her face as she stood face to face with him.

"You... Could you let us drink water?" she asked, her arms protecting her son in case Yuji decided to attack her like the others.

"Oh, sure." Yuji simply replied. "Kou, let's let those people drink too."

The two walked away, this causing shock to appear in people's eyes, the woman staring at Yuji in shock, before gratitude appeared on her features, she approaching the well and taking a few sips of the water, giving it to her son soon after.

Immediately after this, people moved toward the well, causing a small commotion, which didn't last long when Yuji's voice sounded through the place.

"Get yourselves organized or I will beat every one of you."

This caused them to organize themselves almost instantly , a line forming while they waited their turn to use the water from the well.

With a satisfied smile, Yuji was about to leave with Kou, only to have the battered old man and the woman with his son approach him.

"Thank you very much, young man. You have been a blessing to us. Those bastards had been preventing people from drinking from the well for two days." The old man spoke with some difficulty, due to the loss of some of his teeth.

"That's right. I thank you, if it wasn't for you, I would be in despair due to my baby." The woman spoke, the child on her lap resting her head on her shoulder as she dozed peacefully.

Yuji nodded at the thanks of the two. He didn't care much about helping, and since he didn't sense malice coming from most of the people in the place, he did it without complaint. Of course, he was also itching for a drink of water.

"Uh, why were these guys preventing people from approaching?" Yuji asked, the question on his mind from the moment he finished drinking the water at the well.

"From what I heard, they are subordinates of the leader of that area, and were mastering the well to bring water to their boss due to some project he was doing at his house." The old man replied, this causing a question mark to pop up in Yuji's head.

"Zone? I thought The Insider was divided by districts?"

"Oh, that's not wrong. They are actually divided into districts, but each district has its "Zones". These are places separated by quadrants, and most of them have their 'leaders', those with the most influence and power." The old man explained.

'So they're like "neighborhood leaders." That sounds a bit childish.' Yuji thought, his hand on his chin.

"And where is this leader's home?"

The old man and the woman stared at the boy when they heard this question.

"Kid, you're not thinking of attacking him, are you?" The old man asked, genuine concern in his tone.

Yuji was silent for a few seconds, thinking about what answer he should give. He felt no malice from the two, so he didn't worry about being sincere, but still, he felt that something bad would happen if he said it.

"Oh, yes, I'm thinking about it." He simply replied, ignoring his instincts.

"You mustn't, you'll die!" The woman suddenly shouted in rebuke, Yuji putting his finger to his ear due to the sudden increase in volume.

'I should have listened to my instincts.'

The old man was silent, his eyes fixed on Yuji, who was unconcerned even though the two of them were looking at him as if he were crazy.

"Uh, very well..." The old man sighed. "He lives in a building in considerably good condition, east of here. You will recognize him immediately."

"Wait, are you serious?" The woman asked in disbelief.

"It's his choice, we can't stop it."

Yuji, listening to the old man's instructions, nodded in satisfaction.

"Well, the conversation was nice, but I have to go, see you later!" Yuji waved goodbye, walking away with Kou following him.

"..."

"Was that the right decision? To send him there?" The woman asked with concern.

"He'll be fine." The old man simply replied, starting to walk away.

5